Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,101 members, 7,883,859 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 05:24 PM

Nokia Lumia 920: The Best - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia Lumia 920: The Best (2486 Views)

MTN Or Glo BIS 4 Nokia Lumia 920 / Nokia Launches Lumia 920/820 In Nigeria / Nokia Lumia 920...finally A Smartphone From Nokia That Can Compete! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nokia Lumia 920: The Best by anintia(m): 4:53pm On Nov 01, 2012
The newly invented phone has been named the most innovative smart phone and this one has beaten the so called samsung galaxy s3 hands down. It seems nokia has woken up from its slumber. whats your take on this
Re: Nokia Lumia 920: The Best by puskin: 5:23pm On Nov 01, 2012
ehnnn......so where the quotes or links to substantiate ur claim.
Re: Nokia Lumia 920: The Best by jmaine: 10:45pm On Nov 01, 2012

1. Nokia Lumia 920

£450, ee.co.uk

The 920 has unique features such the facility to work the 4.5in touchscreen with gloves on. Like the iPhone this is a 4G phone on EE, and it uses the new Windows Phone 8 interface.

2. Sony Xperia T

£429.99, o2.co.uk

James Bond uses this in Skyfall and it comes pre-loaded with content including 007 ringtones. It has a cracking 13MP camera and a 4.6in HD screen, to view your snaps on.

3. Apple iPhone 5

£529, apple.com

The first 4G phone to reach the UK – if you're with EE, parent to Orange and T-Mobile. It has a great 4.3in screen, faster processor and excellent 8MP camera with a neat panorama function.

4. HTC 8S

£239 (out next week), amazon.co.uk

Like the 8X, this features Windows Phone 8 – but in a more affordable way. Its contrasted colour pairs are available in muted or bright combinations. The 4in screen is easy to read outdoors.

5. Motorola RAZRi

£399.99, mobilephonesdirect.co.uk

The first phone from Motorola since the Google buy-out comes with a slick 4.3in screen. The 8 mega-pixel (MP) camera launches in less than a second.

6. HTC 8X

£399 (out tomorrow), amazon.co.uk

This is one of the most handsome phones yet with a pin-sharp 4.3in display. It has clever extras, like downloading maps to avoid data costs abroad.

7. Samsung Galaxy S3

£449.99, orange.co.uk

The super-slim S3 uses Near Field Communication (which allows you to tap phones together to share photos, apps and contacts). It has a 4.8in screen and an 8MP Smart Stay camera.

8. ZTE Grand X

£200, virginmobile.com

The Grand X has a quick dual-core processor, 5MP camera and Google's Ice Cream Sandwich operating system software. A good, solid, mid-range phone.

9. Samsung Galaxy Note II

£549.95, carphonewarehouse.co.uk

Packing a whopping 5.5in screen, this is useful for editing documents and watching videos. It also comes with a stylus for note-taking.

10. Sony Xperia J

£169.99, O2.co.uk

Although its 4in screen isn't HD, the Xperia J is a great budget phone. It comes with Google's latest operating system the sweetly named Jelly Bean and has 4GB of storage and 5MP camera.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/features/the-10-best-new-smartphones-8269763.html?origin=internalSearch
Re: Nokia Lumia 920: The Best by jmaine: 10:50pm On Nov 01, 2012
The Lumia 920 is an undeniable winner . . . . .
Re: Nokia Lumia 920: The Best by lynxnoon(m): 12:03am On Nov 02, 2012
jmaine: The Lumia 920 is an undeniable winner . . . . .
how? undecided undecided
Re: Nokia Lumia 920: The Best by puskin: 1:24am On Nov 02, 2012
lynxnoon:
how? undecided undecided

U don see am nah......the birth of the fanoks. sad sad
Re: Nokia Lumia 920: The Best by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:30am On Nov 02, 2012
The guy quotes a review that lists xperia j as a non HD budget phone.

Like seriously? Smh
Re: Nokia Lumia 920: The Best by jedisco(m): 3:03am On Nov 02, 2012
puskin:

U don see am nah......the birth of the fanoks. sad sad

I still remember you two on the previous lumia 920 thread. You people should be objective for once and take the truth for what it is.
Re: Nokia Lumia 920: The Best by jedisco(m): 3:06am On Nov 02, 2012
4llerbuntu: The guy quotes a review that lists xperia j as a non HD budget phone.

Like seriously? Smh

So which part do you think is false. The non HD part or the budget part?
Re: Nokia Lumia 920: The Best by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:13am On Nov 02, 2012
jedisco:

So which part do you think is false. The non HD part or the budget part?

Got that mixed up with the HTC J. which is a 720P phone.

but then, precisely what is the point/reason given in the article for the Lumia being the best?
Re: Nokia Lumia 920: The Best by jmaine: 9:33am On Nov 02, 2012
4llerbuntu:

but then, precisely what is the point/reason given in the article for the Lumia being the best?

You allowed your bloodrush to mislead you cheesy

Looking at the list shows it's a factor of quality and prize offering . . .

They mentioned the 8S rather than the 8X
Re: Nokia Lumia 920: The Best by jedisco(m): 9:34am On Nov 02, 2012
4llerbuntu:

The article was more of a synopsis just picking a standout feature on each.
If you still want reasons why its the best, then I can give that.
Re: Nokia Lumia 920: The Best by puskin: 10:22am On Nov 02, 2012
jedisco:

The article was more of a synopsis just picking a standout feature on each.
If you still want reasons why its the best, then I can give that.

OK.....i dey wait.
Re: Nokia Lumia 920: The Best by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:53am On Nov 02, 2012
grin grin grin grin

hmmn, i no dey o, my hand no dey dis one at all. before uy know wetin happen now the thing don reach 10 pages of epistles.
u know say jedisco no dey tire for argument grin grin grin
Re: Nokia Lumia 920: The Best by puskin: 12:45pm On Nov 02, 2012
4llerbuntu: grin grin grin grin

hmmn, i no dey o, my hand no dey dis one at all. before uy know wetin happen now the thing don reach 10 pages of epistles.

So U have learnt....this time...ur keypad go develop issues by force grin grin
Re: Nokia Lumia 920: The Best by anintia(m): 1:41pm On Nov 02, 2012
enter www.gsmarena.com read the reason, then now enter www. to buy am. shikenah
Re: Nokia Lumia 920: The Best by lynxnoon(m): 2:26pm On Nov 02, 2012
anintia: enter www.gsmarena.com read the reason, then now enter www. to buy am. shikenah
correct market strategy . . .lol
Re: Nokia Lumia 920: The Best by jedisco(m): 3:45pm On Nov 02, 2012
puskin:

OK.....i dey wait.

OK why not start by telling me which phone you think is better so I tailor down my argument to that phone.
Re: Nokia Lumia 920: The Best by jedisco(m): 3:46pm On Nov 02, 2012
4llerbuntu: grin grin grin grin

Thats the more reason why you shouldn't go around picking issues with every device.
Re: Nokia Lumia 920: The Best by Overlord999(m): 8:10pm On Nov 02, 2012
People r really funny, you can't even backup your claims, how is it the best smartphone
Re: Nokia Lumia 920: The Best by puskin: 10:41pm On Nov 02, 2012
The way this thread is going......argument don dey brew. E just remain one certain individual to kick start it.
Re: Nokia Lumia 920: The Best by jedisco(m): 12:43am On Nov 03, 2012
Overlord999: People r really funny, you can't even backup your claims, how is it the best smartphone

Why not start by backing up your claims and tell us which smartphone you think is the best now.
Re: Nokia Lumia 920: The Best by jedisco(m): 12:48am On Nov 03, 2012
puskin: The way this thread is going......argument don dey brew. E just remain one certain individual to kick start it.

still waiting...
Re: Nokia Lumia 920: The Best by puskin: 2:42am On Nov 03, 2012
jedisco:

still waiting...

Sorry.....I still love my keypad. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nokia Lumia 920: The Best by jedisco(m): 8:39am On Nov 03, 2012
puskin:

Sorry.....I still love my keypad. grin grin

Dats gud. But remember you were so eager for the op to give you reasons. Or were you looking for someone you could easily confuse?
Re: Nokia Lumia 920: The Best by puskin: 10:01am On Nov 03, 2012
jedisco:

Dats gud. But remember you were so eager for the op to give you reasons. Or were you looking for someone you could easily confuse?

Did U read what the OP wrote well........and did U read my reply?? undecided undecided

anintia: The newly invented phone has been named the most innovative smart phone and this one has beaten the so called samsung galaxy s3 hands down. It seems nokia has woken up from its slumber. whats your take on this

Observe the bolded..........who named it??
I guess the OP has become one fone mag. or tech. firm abi.
Re: Nokia Lumia 920: The Best by blackweaver(m): 11:27am On Nov 03, 2012
i be ijebu man, i never spend pass $200 on top phone so i'll pass
Re: Nokia Lumia 920: The Best by jedisco(m): 11:28am On Nov 03, 2012
puskin:

Did U read what the OP wrote well........and did U read my reply?? undecided undecided

Observe the bolded..........who named it??
I guess the OP has become one fone mag. or tech. firm abi.

Ok let's say the op agrees with the article as do I. If you think otherwise, that's no problem cos it's your choice. But if you think we're wrong, then feel free to engage us.
Re: Nokia Lumia 920: The Best by LordReed(m): 12:45pm On Nov 03, 2012
Well let's see what WP8 looks like before we pass any judgment shall we?
Re: Nokia Lumia 920: The Best by jedisco(m): 2:57pm On Nov 03, 2012
Lord_Reed: Well let's see what WP8 looks like before we pass any judgment shall we?

WP8 is already out and selling. There are also no shortage of reviews.
Re: Nokia Lumia 920: The Best by jmaine: 4:33pm On Nov 03, 2012
Lord_Reed: Well let's see what WP8 looks like before we pass any judgment shall we?

Bros, reviews of the WP8 has been awesome so far at the software level, build and elegance . .Only the Lumia 920 has weight issues a bit cheesy . . . .Microsoft took the sleekness and fluidity of the OS to another new level . . . .

I just love the kid's corner and the super sensitive touch screen of the Lumia WP8 family . . .

Just in case you need reviews . .A simple trip to engadget should do the trick . . . .

http://www.engadget.com/2012/11/02/nokia-lumia-920-review/
Re: Nokia Lumia 920: The Best by jmaine: 4:44pm On Nov 03, 2012

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do You Know If Etisalat Experience Centers Open On Saturdays? / New Doogee Dg800 Phone With 1gb Ram And 8gb Rom. Check Out The Specs Below / Wholesale Electronics!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.