Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,136 members, 7,928,479 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 02:46 PM

When She Just Wants To Be Friends - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When She Just Wants To Be Friends (18473 Views)

(strictly 4 The Ladies) 5 Signs Thats He Just Wants Into Your Panties / Men Beware!!! Women Just Wants To Get Married, Nothing More!!! / Is It Safe To Be Friends With "Cuddle Benefit' With A Guy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When She Just Wants To Be Friends by Gracious10: 3:22pm On Nov 02, 2012
bittyend: The first sex is the "tie-breaker," that should be your aim.

"Can I be your bf/lover?" is so lame and old school before sexing the girl, do that when she has no other option than to say yes.

Thank me later! cool

So what are u insinuating? Rap.e her?
Re: When She Just Wants To Be Friends by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 02, 2012
Punteke: Guys, what do u do when a girl who has been giving you green light and you guys get along so well and then she turns around to tell you she just wants to be friends when you pop the main question.

Do you get to mount more pressure on the girls (maybe she is playing the normal hard to get) or do you just understand and swallow your feelings and just be friends (which is very hard)?
you got it wrong the moment you asked her out. Be her friend, be caring, if she stays close then spend odd long hours with her, as I said be caring. I really can't explain it but you need to be bold too, before you know it, you don suck breast, once you suck breast progress from there, she could let you phuck her that day if you are good or she could be really disciplined and insist on next time.

Next time could be the following day, it could be 5 years later. Never rush her and never beg her for sex. When the time is right, na she go present you with the pomo. There is no guarantee and truly she might just want to be friends but girls phuck their friends a lot. I mean it. Guess it makes them safe or something.

Once again, never be over assertive and never beg. Just be her friend.

One more thing, the girl might just want to phuck you without strings attached, if that is the case, asking her out spoils the whole fun. One thing guys should know is that the way we lust after girls is the way they lust after us. She might just love your face, how you talk, how you do whatever you do.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: When She Just Wants To Be Friends by Kemy11(m): 3:33pm On Nov 02, 2012
Thats a case for non players but as for weeeeee go to hell u carry GOLD?
Re: When She Just Wants To Be Friends by bittyend(m): 3:37pm On Nov 02, 2012
Gracious10:

So what are u insinuating? Rap.e her?

Nah, just play the game till you catch her slipping one day and beat it.

Dates, outings etc.. trust me, you'll get your chance and make sure you maximize it when you do.
Re: When She Just Wants To Be Friends by Obinoscopy(m): 3:38pm On Nov 02, 2012
Tgirl4real:

Abeg, just swallow ur feelings. You could have been reading the wrong signals anyway. Someone like me when I was much younger, get along very well with guys, but usually they mistake it for something else. So, I have learnt to always define my relationships from the start and I try so well not to send unnecessary signals. But, most times, u guys are at fault cos u tend to read the signal wrongly.

It could be the girl really likes you, but just wants you as a close friend. And it could be she is just playing hard to get. Which ever is the case, swallow your feelings for now. Time will tell.

Yes, Tgirl just gave you the perfect advice. Swallow your feelings for now, time will time. Just be ready when the time comes wink
Re: When She Just Wants To Be Friends by john650(m): 3:43pm On Nov 02, 2012
When a woman says she just wants to be friends after she has shown an interest, it means that when she got closer to you, you just didn't have what she wanted. What she is looking for is almost always more money and material possessions than she has. If she finds out that she has more than you or on the same level, that's enough to kill the relationship. Remember, women are always looking for the best deal in town. It's all about who will offer them the most. Don't be fooled by their wishy-washy. Instead of trying to convince her to see the good in you, it's best you cut her loose and move on. That's because nothing good will come of it. The only time she could change her mind is if you suddenly hit it big. But then, do you want a girl like that.

5 Likes

Re: When She Just Wants To Be Friends by pecopeco: 3:43pm On Nov 02, 2012
Foxybone: Sorry o... Whatever happens, just take in good faith....

Meanwhile.... TGIF grin grin grin
Re: When She Just Wants To Be Friends by Abbey2sam(m): 3:45pm On Nov 02, 2012
Euroclydon: [size=14pt]I have discovered from my experience that effective communication can help you determine if she actually wants to be friends or not BEFORE you decide to talk to her about taking it to the next level...Let your body language do the talking, then discuss open topics that evolve round the matter and study her responses, we will save ourselves alot of stress if we can pay attention to little details instead of allowing our hormones do all the thinking for us. Most gals have more than one 'backup' besides who they are dating and they will be verryy nice to you with the hope that if their present man messes up, they have up to three people to choose from. So be careful....U might be special backup number 7 without ur knowledge grin[/size]

guy you wan kill me wif laff?
"Backup"
Re: When She Just Wants To Be Friends by fadamekus(m): 3:50pm On Nov 02, 2012
Mimi: omo my man
Omo: oh special one hw fa na
Mimi: i de o my man
Omo: mimi will u b my luver?
Mimi: i de craze
Omo: bt y u de signal me wit ur bodyvibration
Mimi: oh i de use u for BACKUP
Re: When She Just Wants To Be Friends by Abujafood: 3:53pm On Nov 02, 2012
shadrach77: my two cents - when a lady says "let's just be friends" it's one of three things; (a) she is not interested and doesn't want to hurt you by saying 'no' so she is trying to let you off by being diplomatic (b) she needs you around her to act as a shield to ward off other guys (c)she needs you around her to act as a bait in attracting another suitor which she is eyeing - now in the last two scenarios, she is indirectly using you. Whenever i find myself in such situation, i'll just ignore her "friendship" and seek greener pasture elsewhere cheesy cheesy cheesy wink smiley smiley

I agree that most times she just wants to use you. Why give a guy the green light then shove him aside politely under the guise of "let's just be friends". I had a similar experience before, when I realised I was being used I simply cut-off and moved on. She tried her tricks again, this time, no response from me.

1 Like

Re: When She Just Wants To Be Friends by otokx(m): 3:55pm On Nov 02, 2012
interesting thread

2 Likes

Re: When She Just Wants To Be Friends by Nobody: 3:57pm On Nov 02, 2012
Punteke: Guys, what do u do when a girl who has been giving you green light and you guys get along so well and then she turns around to tell you she just wants to be friends when you pop the main question.

Do you get to mount more pressure on the girls (maybe she is playing the normal hard to get) or do you just understand and swallow your feelings and just be friends (which is very hard)?

hahahaha, did she ask you dis question, ''how body''
Re: When She Just Wants To Be Friends by Abbey2sam(m): 3:58pm On Nov 02, 2012
Lesson no. (1) never allow a gurl to put you in the friend zone no matter how you tink you like her if wat you want is to date her
2. Please stop reading the wrong signal
3.don't feel bcuz she's givin you signals you wld just rush and go n toast her wif your big head,you can make her come and tell you...

As for the op, don't mount any presure,just be cool with dat, but in order for you not to be in the friends zone,let her know dat you have women in your life
Re: When She Just Wants To Be Friends by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 02, 2012
Play this tune for her

Mario - Just A Friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4BTLoHSGMk
Re: When She Just Wants To Be Friends by Nobody: 4:04pm On Nov 02, 2012
I still don't know how guys get that "friend" treatment after going on dates and long "friendship" with a chic...

Maybe, it's because I hardly do "friendship" with Nigerian chics, or probably because I know if a chic is on it on that level or not, after chatting to her a couple of times... Once I sense she's going to be on a long thing, I won't bother asking her out... However, most of the chics I do "friendship" with are Jamaican/Caribbean and other African chics - because I know that would always end up with benefits...

I don't have time for time wasters! undecided
Re: When She Just Wants To Be Friends by yuzedo: 4:11pm On Nov 02, 2012
Swaar for her with stronggggggg juju! angry angry
Re: When She Just Wants To Be Friends by Nobody: 4:14pm On Nov 02, 2012
You were too open and direct with your ambitions, thats not the way to go about it.
Re: When She Just Wants To Be Friends by LesbianBoy(m): 4:17pm On Nov 02, 2012
john650: When a woman says she just wants to be friends after she has shown an interest, it means that when she got closer to you, you just didn't have what she wanted. What she is looking for is almost always more money and material possessions than she has. If she finds out that she has more than you or on the same level, that's enough to kill the relationship. Remember, women are always looking for the best deal in town. It's all about who will offer them the most. Don't be fooled by their wishy-washy. Instead of trying to convince her to see the good in you, it's best you cut her loose and move on. That's because nothing good will come of it. The only time she could change her mind is if you suddenly hit it big. But then, do you want a girl like that.
GBAM!!!!! Guys please read the BOLDED many times carefully and LEARN!!!!! if after giving you all those signs and you decide to toast her and she rejects it, quietly "bone" her jor. Dont even be friends with the girl again even if she wants u as "just a friend/close friend. ofcourse they will call u 'immature'(they always say that when a man doesnt take their "bull$hit"wink but some of us dont give a rat a$$!!!

3 Likes

Re: When She Just Wants To Be Friends by Nobody: 4:20pm On Nov 02, 2012
Hmmmm, no comment. **off to add maggi in my soup**. Will be rite back vry soon.
Re: When She Just Wants To Be Friends by Jeezy: 4:28pm On Nov 02, 2012
It was a wrong move to ask her....make your outings/conversations to her enjoyable but not too frequent. Be patient. Gain control. Let HER begin to miss you and wonder if you are interested in her or playing games. If she doesnt ask you directly or indirectly after a while, she's not interested. Move on.
Re: When She Just Wants To Be Friends by blandish: 4:32pm On Nov 02, 2012
Smuthx: ladies kind or sweet gesture does not neccessary mean she loves you or want to be your girlfriend. Ladies that are open and friendly. If she accepts every guy that ask her out. you will probably be her 1000 boyfriend. so stop taking ladies friendliness = asking her out (being her bf)

Men...I luv your comment....I am having the same problem recently...dude meets me today and starts preaching i love you ...i love you...ughhhh....like seriously...what do you know about me that you love...when I suggested that we be friends first and if something leads to it....he tells me i am living an illusion of wanting friendship from a man...

Personally as a woman...i would rather be single forever that live with a man whom we have nothing in common but share a bed.....no...never...i will never be put under pressure to be mrs a or mrs b..

GUYS...SOME GIRLS ARE JUST BEEN POLITE TO YOU.....DO NOT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF SUCH POLITENESS...ESPECIALLY NIGERIAN MEN WHO THINK BY ASKING YOU OUT THEY ARE DOING YOU A FAVOUR...MTCHEEEEEEEWWWWWWWW!!!

MY POLITENESS TO MEN SEEMS TO BE CAUSING ME A LOT OF DISRESPECT AND DISTRESS...IMAGINE A MAN MEETING YOU FOR THE FIRST TIME...AND HE IS ASKING HOW IS YOUR LOVE LIFE....ABSOLUTE NONSENSE!!!!

1 Like

Re: When She Just Wants To Be Friends by Okijajuju1(m): 4:38pm On Nov 02, 2012

For playing with my emotions.. angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: When She Just Wants To Be Friends by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 02, 2012
^^I remember telling u once u have a tendency of becoming a wife beater if u're not one already. SMH!

1 Like

Re: When She Just Wants To Be Friends by Nobody: 4:42pm On Nov 02, 2012
What if she has allowed you kiss her, or you guys have done some intimate stuffs but not sex... *though it would have happened if not for the "am on my oil period"...

And when you ask her out she says Jst Friends..

What do you dou?

2 Likes

Re: When She Just Wants To Be Friends by james1(m): 4:42pm On Nov 02, 2012
The thing is;some gurls tell you that becourse they really want to be just friends,some say so becourse they don't want to come across as cheapstake however if you want to find out for sure whatever she means,simply flirt with all the gurls around her whilst systematically ignoring her.you will see her composure begin to change then you can go for it,this time,she will readily oblige your request.
If a gurl has feelings for you;she can't help seeing you flirt with other gurls,under her nose.she already considers you her"property"
James1 say so.
Re: When She Just Wants To Be Friends by Okijajuju1(m): 4:44pm On Nov 02, 2012
bbpreye.:
What if she has allowed you kiss her, or you guys have done some intimate stuffs but not sex... *though it would have happened if not for the "am on my oil period"...

And when you ask her out she says Jst Friends..

What do you dou?

ANSWER....

Re: When She Just Wants To Be Friends by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 02, 2012
The closest to the answer to Op's question is by bittyend... I can tell u that u stand a better chance landing a girl followin bittyends post than "asking a girl out" or "expressing ur feelings to a girl". Ofcourse u dnt av to be dat brash.Some girls may consider that forward. Rather than ask her out or express ur feelings. U need to act. Kiss her on the fore head, kiss her cheeks, grab her waist cuddle her. Maybe even suck her bo.obs like bittyend says. Girls need action and not talk or atleast talk back by action. Stop verbally expressing ur feelings to girls. Act it out. Let her be the one to later ask u to define the relationship. No wonder players and womanizers end up with uncountable options and "good" guys like the Op end up with none.

PS: If a girl puts u in the friend zone or attempts to, then completely withdraw and stop being her friend. U can even go as far as deleting her number because that is wat I do.

1 Like

Re: When She Just Wants To Be Friends by Iykecollins(m): 4:47pm On Nov 02, 2012
Honestly I got a similar shocker last month, a gurl av bn nuturing a crush on and tort she has same for me too, visits her in her house, accepts my gifts and I had tort I had gotten the better part when she never hesited giving me the best of her pix I saw in her collections, and when I made my intentions clear, she told me she is not gonna date me and she has got this dude in germany that she has settled with though they haven't seen for years but we can still be frnds, I was lyk WTF!
Re: When She Just Wants To Be Friends by Okijajuju1(m): 4:49pm On Nov 02, 2012
Shollypopz: ^^I remember telling u once u have a tendency of becoming a wife beater if u're not one already. SMH!

No!!! baby!! I'm not o!!

I dont slap women, except during sex

1 Like

Re: When She Just Wants To Be Friends by freecocoa(f): 4:57pm On Nov 02, 2012
I wonder why most guys think that being nice and friendly to them, means you want them to ask you out.
That's how I lost one of my friends because I wouldn't go out with him.
Dude kept saying "but you are nice to me na, you act like you had a special thing for me"
In the end he said he couldn't keep being friends cos his feelings will always get in the way.
GUYS know that its in our nature to be caring especially to people we like and liking someone doesn't always have to have a romantic twist to it, I for one show my loved ones as much love as possible, it kinda annoys me when people read and interpret meanings all by themselves without asking questions first.
Then again OP, if you really like this girl and feel she was leading you on(cos some girls do sha), I suggest you stay away from her if you can't be friends and watch how she reacts to that, finally its nice to ask questions before concluding.

2 Likes

Re: When She Just Wants To Be Friends by Okijajuju1(m): 5:02pm On Nov 02, 2012
freecocoa: I wonder why most guys think that being nice and friendly to them, means you want them to ask you out.
That's how I lost one of my friends because I wouldn't go out with him.
Dude kept saying "but you are nice to me na, [size=14pt]you act like you had a special thing for me"[/size]
In the end he said he couldn't keep being friends cos his feelings will always get in the way.
GUYS know that its in our nature to be caring especially to people we like and liking someone doesn't always have to have a romantic twist to it, I for one show my loved ones as much love as possible, it kinda annoys me when people read and interpret meanings all by themselves without asking questions first.
Then again OP, if you really like this girl and feel she was leading you on(cos some girls do sha), I suggest you stay away from her if you can't be friends and watch how she reacts to that, finally its nice to ask questions before concluding.

You evil woman.. angry angry angry

You string him along, gets his hopes high and then shatter his poor precious heart!! angry

Take it!! angry

1 Like

Re: When She Just Wants To Be Friends by Nobody: 5:06pm On Nov 02, 2012
africanrapper: Having a similar challenge too.

She's smashing hot. Her office is the next office from mine. Initially, she showed signs of wanting me to ‘toast’ her. Just this week, I did. To my utter shock, she’s now singing a different tune: “Uche, I want to be alone. I don’t want a boyfriend”. We should just be friends…blab la bla.
Now, I’m like WTF? Why did you show all those signs of wanting me to do toast you? Why the mixed signals?
Meanwhile, I’m dying to date this chic, ‘cos I think she has bright prospects.

What do i do?

Kill her with niceness, if there is any word like that and if she doenst change her mind you guys can be best of friends.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Check My Pic And And Make A Wish / What Woman Should Know About Men / In Defense Of Polygamy, And How It Benefits Women The Most

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.