Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,357 members, 7,888,131 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:07 PM

A thread for corpers posted to Kogi - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / A thread for corpers posted to Kogi (16823 Views)

KOGI - 2016 A Corp Members Posted To Kogi Let's Meet Here / A thread for corpers posted to Katsina / Corpers Posted To Kogi State Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by tonyissey1(m): 12:42pm On Nov 05, 2012
I served in Kogi in 2006 batch B it was during out time dey built d male hostel close 2 d'officers lodge in fact we were first sleepin on bare floors wiv does thin matteress but we really had fun and we got punished more than any other hostel cos we were the closest 2 the OFficer quarters cos of noise making and all that My PPa was at Ibaji Local Govt where you have to go on water to cross from Idah to the Local Govt and the boat moves just once in a week thats on tuesday market day. Really enjoyed the Night life at the mammy market especially Delta. Or Edo kitchen then the woman that sells Local herbs Asaya is really going to be fun for all intending corper. But please be carefull on the issue of rackeeting of PPA its not always genuine have a lovely year Long Live Asaya
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by greatdave(m): 2:05pm On Nov 05, 2012
ifyonline: Yea,i camped @ asanya 2,infact i was d Miss hotlegs 4 Batch A 2012. Asanya camp is one of d best, No mosquitoes, steady lite n standby gen, steady water, D only camp dat Blk A is 4 boys n Blk b 4 gals.U wil mit D Pro Mrs Victoria n d Camp director(WeE Wee o). I was postd 2 Ejuku vilage in yagba East.
. Lol...nothing do u miss hot legs! Am a batch B dude serving in Dekina...hw we fit relate?#winks
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by greatdave(m): 2:09pm On Nov 05, 2012
Asaya,Asaya...why u no go Zamfara!(dats wat d early morning trumpet sound-beagle as its cald- is translated to). Am a batch B corper,serving Dekina L.G.A,Kogi State. Ölalè(dats welcome in Igala) to al fresh otondos. Kogi no get moni bt kip an open mind nd y'all wil enjoy d place.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by ifyonline(f): 4:24pm On Nov 05, 2012
D state alawee is 11k @ d end of service, dn ur Ppa wl pay u 1k mnthly. dn 55k 4 dose Postd 2 local govts n dose dat wl b postd 2 Ogori magogo d local govt pay dm 5k mnthly
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by crestweon(m): 7:49pm On Nov 05, 2012
I am currently serving in KOGI, Lokoja to be precise.

Asaya camp is not as good as they say, there are no toilets so you must do it in the bush even ladies there are no exceptions. Make sure you come with your belongings and shoe because any attempt to buy stuffs inside the camp, you will get them at double the average price for example small buckets go for 1000 naira.

You don't need mosquito nets but the hostels are not enough so some of you will sleep in the store popularly known as "Jamaica" (late comers). The ladies will also have a makeshift hostel from some offices there. In the morning the ladies bath outside most times as early as 4am to avoid a situation where the boys will peep. Its cold now in kabba pls come with cover clothes.

Make sure you photocopy your documents, at least 10 copies each with at least 16 passport photographs. You will charged to staple them by the locals for 50naira each staple. It is negotiable but highly expensive. Respect the army guys but make them your friends. You will be placed in platoons pls make sure you participate as prizes will be won but don't take it personal because after camp it is over but you need your relationships to keep you going. Make as many friends as possible.

Pls be careful before joining a CDS as many will come courting your attention there. Lokoja is Hooooot but it is the closest to modern civilization. There are other nice places but don't expect to make money here because even the state is struggling.

Come with so much money because the food they serve is messed up especially all them Behind people.

No matter who you are you will also find your class of guys and chicks. Charging of phone is 50 naira for every charge so budget for that.

Do not bring waist purse you will not be allowed to use it. Be careful what you say because amongst you are sss men posing as corpers.

Goodluck to you and contact me for further info crestweon@yahoo.com
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by kinnad(m): 10:14pm On Nov 05, 2012
mr_prince: hehehe see this Otondo.... I served in Yagba easr, ISANLU to be precised.... Batch C 2010. I hope you're catching your fun right there? I missed those areas.... Bagido, Beji wonder, Mopo market, etc. How RI? Mr Ajine Eba? I hope he's still the RI? He was my right hand gut men. My set gave him loads of headache.... Where are you serving! I mean your Ppa...
Ah oga! Respect!!. Mr eba is stil dia o,he's d L.I of cus. Isanlu is stil kul,hope u made som pay dia 2ru doze smal kids,i dnt hav such opportunity here. I'm in ejuku. So how's life afta service
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by kinnad(m): 10:22pm On Nov 05, 2012
Ayorh4you:

wia in Yagba east were u posted? *jst trying 2help*
ejuku sir
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by kinnad(m): 10:29pm On Nov 05, 2012
ifyonline: Yea,i camped @ asanya 2,infact i was d Miss hotlegs 4 Batch A 2012. Asanya camp is one of d best, No mosquitoes, steady lite n standby gen, steady water, D only camp dat Blk A is 4 boys n Blk b 4 gals.U wil mit D Pro Mrs Victoria n d Camp director(WeE Wee o). I was postd 2 Ejuku vilage in yagba East.
hehehe! Finally i don meet u. U ddnt want 2c us dats y u ran 2 d west. Wel u knw ifeanyi,oluchi,seun,yakubu...they all told us abt u
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by kinnad(m): 10:33pm On Nov 05, 2012
Xtiansun: Xup, any update about the state allowee for kogi.
oga na 1k per month o or 12k per yr,bt it wil b paid afta service...though it hs just bn increasd 2 15k
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by kkesh(m): 12:00am On Nov 06, 2012
lokoja is the best place to serve in kogi.despite being very hot, there are more avenues to make money here than any other part of kogi. Ex: buying & selling, extra lessons, power supply, proximity to abuja and its here all the certification courses are organised.Imagine coming all the way from Kabba to lokoja(3hrs) for a NIM class? Lastly,nothing is impossible in lokoja including serving in government house, dangote, Grace FM, etc. just believe and ask more questions.im in batch A 2012
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by jadelyn007(f): 6:42am On Nov 06, 2012
[quote
author=kinnad] hehehe! Finally i don meet u. U ddnt want 2c us dats y u
ran 2 d west. Wel u knw ifeanyi,oluchi,seun,yakubu...they all told us
abt u[/quote] éma binu élèwor moto e pada! #winks* ejuku dude,am watchin ur ass.

n.b-pardon my abominable yoruba.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by engrfcuksmtin(m): 6:48am On Nov 06, 2012
k-kesh:
lokoja is the best place to serve in kogi.despite being very hot, there are more avenues to make money here than any other part of kogi. Ex: buying & selling, extra lessons, power supply, proximity to abuja and its here all the certification courses are organised.Imagine coming all the way from Kabba to lokoja(3hrs) for a NIM class? Lastly,nothing is impossible in lokoja including serving in government house, dangote, Grace FM, etc. just believe and ask more questions.im in batch A 2012
My brother your claim is 18% true I work closely with NYSC in Kogi State. How many corp members do the establishments u mentioned recruit/batch? Pls dont mislead this young ppl. There is little or no money making avenue in Kogi for corp members although you may be fortunate to be posted to a good PPA.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by kinnad(m): 7:24am On Nov 06, 2012
jadelyn007: éma binu élèwor moto e pada! #winks* ejuku dude,am watchin ur ass.

n.b-pardon my abominable yoruba.
hahahahahaha. U don go trap urself 4 isanlu,o gal beta com bk,no clearance dis month
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by lawwyb: 8:08am On Nov 06, 2012
Krysstie:

seems Kogi corpers r few...
Don't think we are really few.peeps will soon fall in
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by lawwyb: 8:16am On Nov 06, 2012
Don't think we are really few.peeps will soon fall in. We wa in anticipation
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by Ibidavies: 9:45am On Nov 06, 2012
MAMA KAY's PLAZA is a joint within mammy market,loads of fun await you,
WELCOME TO ASAYA CAMP
08033771694 Davies

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by tdtdtd: 10:40am On Nov 06, 2012
Am a batch B corps member serving in lagos, am from Kabba, believe me you will enjoy your stay both in camp and during your PPA most especially if you are lucky to find your self in Kabba.for any assistance contact me with this 08032347508
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by lepse: 10:42am On Nov 06, 2012
Ǎ̜̣̍м̣̣̥̇̊ batch c dat just left kogi last week. Pls, M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ only advise to You all is dat pls and pls don't work ur ppa to lokoja. There is nothing there o and moreso d place is hot and expensive. I served I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ kabba and M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ ppa pays me well cos is a federal institution. Wish You all api stay. If You need any assistance You can let me know. If You re posted to ogori mangongo too, it's Φkγ̲̣̣̥ cos You will drink enough palm wine and bush meat. I will also urge You to join skills acquisition for ur cds You will learn a lot there. M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ regard to ZI Mr Akinola, RI Mr Olota and Baba Riye
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by kkesh(m): 2:24pm On Nov 07, 2012
engrfcuksmtin: My brother your claim is 18% true I work closely with NYSC in Kogi State. How many corp members do the establishments u mentioned recruit/batch? Pls dont mislead this young ppl. There is little or no money making avenue in Kogi for corp members although you may be fortunate to be posted to a good PPA.
im serving in a private coy in lokoja and was posted here originally by NYSC without paying a dine to anybody. furthermore, i make twice my federal allowee just from extra mural classes i organize with my colleagues.i also enjoy free accommodation and transport from my PPA.its obvious lokoja is not meant for lazy hands.to survive in lokoja,u must work twice as much as other corp members in other LGAs. ADVICE: if u are lazy, please avoid lokoja!!!

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by zombader(m): 8:19pm On Nov 08, 2012
Now..I'm in camp, let kogi peeps here relate na...I'm in platoon 5..just find Biggie
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by Krysstie: 5:33pm On Nov 09, 2012
zombader: Now..I'm in camp, let kogi peeps here relate na...I'm in platoon 5..just find Biggie

also in asaya camp....plantoon 10...crystie...
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by ifyonline(f): 4:38pm On Nov 11, 2012
whr in EJUKU WHR U?// I WAS AT lgss Alalodu
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by ifyonline(f): 6:27pm On Nov 11, 2012
ifyonline: whr in EJUKU WHR U?// I WAS AT lgss Alalodu
yea,i Miss ma Roomy, ify m, yaks n Seun. Kan i knw u?
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by jadelyn007(f): 12:45pm On Nov 13, 2012
ifyonline: yea,i Miss ma Roomy, ify m, yaks n Seun. Kan i knw u?
no u may nt knw him cos u ran away 4rm ur duty post.we dy vex 4 u!
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by Jentiliti: 8:49pm On Nov 13, 2012
I say welcome to all Batch C Corp members to Asaya camp. Am actually a Batch A corper currently serving in Lokoja. Incase you need some information or assistance, see me at the Winners' Corpers' Fellowship Tent behind the temporary bathrooms on your way to the Mammy market or you could rather call 08069699289 or 08102616850 for directions. Welcome to the Confluence State.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by tmeg: 5:50pm On Dec 06, 2012
am posted to kabba any member posted there please lets relate am ifeanyi 08060450599
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by ujchief(m): 3:23pm On Jan 31, 2013
Bookmarked
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by kinnad(m): 7:02pm On Feb 22, 2013
ujchief: Bookmarked
lol. Oga wia u dey since. Akwa ibom?
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by ujchief(m): 8:02am On Feb 24, 2013
kinnad: lol. Oga wia u dey since. Akwa ibom?
Imo state.
Why you come abandon our Big House naa? I'm missing you guys! How is kogi? Heard they are paying you 1k per month, total of 12k in a whole year of 365 days? That is approximately N33 per day! Not even enough for a bottle of soft drink!

Na waaohh!!!
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kogi by moliteauto(m): 12:52pm On Mar 01, 2013
Cool... Been posted to kogi... Batch A 2013.....I hope the 38k is real.. And thanks for the info about PPA ... And so on thanks a lot...hoping to have fun... Here is ma number if u posted to kogi too 08187429269...

(1) (2) (3)

Batch C14 Nassarawa / A thread for corpers posted to Niger / 2012 Batch C, How Much Did You Save From Your Alawi?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.