Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,297 members, 7,964,307 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 11:43 AM

What Do I Do With My Maid? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do I Do With My Maid? (6707 Views)

My Wife Chase My Maid Away / Pls Help,my Maid Has Turned Into A Lesbian.how Do I Handle This? / My Maid Has Taken Over My Matrimonial Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do I Do With My Maid? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Nov 03, 2012
Efemena_xy:

True stealing is wrong and this girl knows it. However, the "love" thing is pulling her in the wrong direction. I can almost picture the scenario... She goes to visit her "love", he tells her: "Babe, I'm dying here o! Hunger don finish me, I never eat since yesterday morning. Pls help me, anything no matter how small would be truly appreciated..."

She's torn between her loyalty to Nonylove (her employer) and her sweetheart.

This is no easy one. No one even knows if this guy's intentions are honourable, or if he's simply using the girl as a free meal ticket. Nonylove, I think you should discuss this matter with your husband. You might be surprised he may see things in a different light and possibilities you haven't thought of / explored...
True, I know of a Lady who stole 6million from her employers a bank because her husband wanted an RR SPort, when she was caught she said he put so much pressure on her and even coached her on ways of taking the money without getting detected, she was kept in a none finance department, made to work of the funds they couldnt recover and sacked. Like I said this foolishness of people in love trying to impress their bad spouses is not limited to maids.
Re: What Do I Do With My Maid? by nonylove: 8:25pm On Nov 03, 2012
chaircover:

It is well. Our people say that one person gives birth to a child but many are involved in the childs upbringing

This young lady is under your care, regardless of how she got there, and you have a moral obligation to lead her down the right path. If you can, maybe you get your husband involved to advise her from a mans point of view. you never know, it may sink in when she hears it from another view.

BTW Does she steal other things apart from food for the boyfreinds?

I dont even knwo if she steals my money like I said, because my bad that i dnt keep count of the money i keep in my wallet and i send her to bring it for me sometimes if i want to send her on errand. but now that this is open to me I dnt need to be told to keep such away from her.
Re: What Do I Do With My Maid? by nonylove: 8:28pm On Nov 03, 2012
debrief08:
True, I know of a Lady who stole 6million from her employers a bank because her husband wanted an RR SPort, when she was caught she said he put so much pressure on her and even coached her on ways of taking the money without getting detected, she was kept in a none finance department, made to work of the funds they couldnt recover and sacked. Like I said this foolishness of people in love trying to impress their bad spouses is not limited to maids.

I dont even want to imagine that! whwere will she get 6m to pay back? thats really a sad one!
Re: What Do I Do With My Maid? by EfemenaXY: 8:30pm On Nov 03, 2012
^^ Yeah, but it just goes to show how far some are prepared to go...
Re: What Do I Do With My Maid? by pak: 11:35pm On Nov 03, 2012
debrief08: When we advice that people stop looking for cheap labor with adolescent girls and hire professional maids they will say no be so.
If you are not ready to deal with teenage drama and raging hormones then hire a real maid, with spefic work hours on pay and who you can deal with professionally. If you insist on getting a live in teenage then handle it the way you will handle a misbehaving teenage that was your blood.
We just want them to come and work and don't consider this stage of their lives a stage we as women have all passed through but because we were in the comfort of our homes our mothers handled and managed us well, when it is a maid it is national headline.
Girls at that age will be intrigued by boys, have you spoken to her about s3x, pregnancy and contraceptives? Are you just orried about your stolen food? Having a live in teenager is beyond paying school fees and paying agent, God will hold you responsible for her formative years, that is why I advice those always claiming "help" to either go the full lenght or leave the child with their parent and help.
That girl may get pregnant, contract a disease or get invovled with bad company that will ruin the rest of her life and your concern is stolen food. Anyway, its the Nigerian way, as long as she works her life and what she does with it no concern you.
Sit her down and talk with her, tell her about s3x and what she needs to know, if you insist on a teenage maid be ready to raise a teenager

We had house maids for some time while growing up and have always been a bit uncomfortable with the concept of house maids as practiced in this side of the world.
I think I go with Debreif on this issue.

And by the way - @poster - what are you doing with a 24 year old woman, who is not a relative, sharing your house with you 24/7 ? ? ?
Re: What Do I Do With My Maid? by pak: 11:43pm On Nov 03, 2012
debrief08:
Most of them are 7-7, 24/7? there should be a day off na grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
If you will take my advice, try to work out a schedule around 7-7 because with that you avoid drama and unnecessary issues. too much familiarity breeds contempt.

True words.
If you keep someone 24/7 ? - Will you be paying her double salary ? - one for day and the other for nite ? Unless you intend to bring in someone as part of your family, then am not really sure you should keep anybody 24/7, 356. They have destinies too.

As much as we know there is so much poverty around and people will do (almost) anything just to feed, and have a little money, I feel the issue of house maids amounts to nothing more than exploitation more often than not (Well, might not apply to the poster here but this is more of a general statement)
Re: What Do I Do With My Maid? by Drunk: 1:00am On Nov 04, 2012
nonylove:
My maid has been stealing my food stuffs and provisions to give to her boyfriends whenever am not around. she has 2 boyfriends that she feeds with my food regularly.
I just discovered and she confessed to me. am not even sure she doesn't steal my money as well. please NLS what do I do with this girl?

Forgive her and give her more to give to the boyfriends. Dumb question
Re: What Do I Do With My Maid? by preciousmee: 2:11am On Nov 04, 2012
[quote author=Drunk]

Forgive her and give her more to give to the boyfriends. Dumb question[/quote. Mr drunk is drunk indeed. Of all the comments here u really sounded drunk.
Re: What Do I Do With My Maid? by preciousmee: 6:52am On Nov 04, 2012
[quote author=preciousmee][/quote]
Mr drunk is drunk indeed. Of all the comments here u really sounded drunk.
Re: What Do I Do With My Maid? by ifyalways(f): 9:43am On Nov 04, 2012
Long lool @ lock up your food. That's pure waste of time with grave consequences. The OP's kids would pay for it.

@OP, what's really your situation? You have an adult(over 20), female, living with you, earning above 15K right?also you said you've equipped her . . . , how?

When you entrust your family(obviously you have little or no time) welfare, kids to anyone other than family, you have to force yourself to accept/ignore certain things.if its just small tid bits, so long as your kids are well taken care of, shrug it off.

If however the quantity is affecting your pocket, call her and subtly tell her that "you know she's been taking foodstuff from your house but right now, things are tight for you and you demand she stops"#2

Make her understand you, talk to her like you would to your sister.

Use gra gra would backfire on your kids.
Whatever you do, plan towards getting a work-and-go nanny. That's simply the best. . . For Naija.

1 Like

Re: What Do I Do With My Maid? by Nobody: 9:51am On Nov 04, 2012
ifyalways: Long lool @ lock up your food. That's pure waste of time with grave consequences. The OP's kids would pay for it.

@OP, what's really your situation? You have an adult(over 20), female, living with you, earning above 15K right?also you said you've equipped her . . . , how?

When you entrust your family(obviously you have little or no time) welfare, kids to anyone other than family, you have to force yourself to accept/ignore certain things.if its just small tid bits, so long as your kids are well taken care of, shrug it off.

If however the quantity is affecting your pocket, call her and subtly tell her that "you know she's been taking foodstuff from your house but right now, things are tight for you and you demand she stops"#2

Make her understand you, talk to her like you would to your sister.

Use gra gra would backfire on your kids.
Whatever you do, plan towards getting a work-and-go nanny. That's simply the best. . . For Naija.
kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss, gbam gbam gbam
Re: What Do I Do With My Maid? by minute(f): 10:41am On Nov 04, 2012
She probably thinks-these people have a lot more than i do, they wont miss just some food

which would help my friend/family a lot. The trouble is stealing a few things turns into

more and more, then perhaps stealing from shops . . . She needs to be told privately, we

want to trust you,please do not steal from us,if you desperately need help please talk to us.
Re: What Do I Do With My Maid? by Nobody: 10:48am On Nov 04, 2012
Re: What Do I Do With My Maid? by Nobody: 11:18am On Nov 04, 2012
@OP,
Good morning,brother rvk reporting for duty.
Your maid steals food to satisfy her boyfriend? Secondly you are not sure if she steals your money,because you have so much that you do not know the amount in your purse?
My sincere advise: Watch your husband around this 24 year old,firm breas.ted, big bottee,coke bottle shaped,succulent skinned and delectable house girl.
A word is enough for the wise-remember man is a polygamous animal.
Re: What Do I Do With My Maid? by EfemenaXY: 11:34am On Nov 04, 2012
CC, that's quite easy.

I think @poster's kids are of school age. So this girl would have a couple of hours available each weekday to see her boyfriend.

But the security issue you mention is such a serious point. Jeez! The thought of a strange man/men entering the home?? And sizing up what their property / household items are worth??!! Haaa! That's one step from armed robbery o!

The mere thought of it makes me panic! Naija armed robbers can do & undo...

Nonylove, if this is true, then better find a very diplomatic way to send this girl packing, abeg.
Re: What Do I Do With My Maid? by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 04, 2012
Efemena_xy: CC, that's quite easy.

I think @poster's kids are of school age. So this girl would have a couple of hours available each weekday to see her boyfriend.

But the security issue you mention is such a serious point. Jeez! The thought of a strange man/men entering the home?? And sizing up what their property / household items are worth??!! Haaa! That's one step from armed robbery o!

Nonylove, if this is true, then better find a very diplomatic way to send this girl packing, abeg.

You see for once,me and you re on the same lane.
Why is the Op here asking irrelevant questions?
Get rid of this girl before she steals your husband!
I do not want to see another thread on how a house girl/salers girl snatched somebodys husband oooo!!!
Re: What Do I Do With My Maid? by EfemenaXY: 1:21pm On Nov 04, 2012
Richy stop doing that, jor! cheesy

Who mentioned the husband? The girl has got her own boyfriend, we're told.
Re: What Do I Do With My Maid? by nonylove: 3:07pm On Nov 04, 2012
chaircover: I wasnt even thinking about the kids; which even brings a new dimension into the story.

If the girl is stealing repeatedly to satisfy her boyfriends needs, then there is also the possibility that the kids arent being looked after as well as they should be anyway. Where are the kids when she hands over the food? do the men come in (in which case she is entertaining strangers in the house) or does she leave the house to go and deliver the items (in which case are the kids left on their own while she goes off)? Are they safe in the house alone?

Anyhow, all these issues need to be addressed properly so that it all doesn't escalate into something else past a cup of rice. There are security issues, safety issues name it . . . ..

Have you considered meeting the boyfriend(s)? If she was serious with one, have you considered meeting him and see if there is anything you can do to equip him so he doesnt have to relay on stolen food?

Am not sure of when she goes to see the boyfriends according to her confession she goes when me and my family are not around. The first time i discovered she had a bf i asked her to bring the boy we met in another place to talk with him, low and behold when we asked the boy his intentions for her he said only God can say for now that he still has a lot of thing to achieve. lol that got me thinking for the moment that she was being fooled but after so much advise am sure she couldn't break up with him.
Re: What Do I Do With My Maid? by nonylove: 3:09pm On Nov 04, 2012
Richvkunt: @OP,
Good morning,brother rvk reporting for duty.
Your maid steals food to satisfy her boyfriend? Secondly you are not sure if she steals your money,because you have so much that you do not know the amount in your purse?
My sincere advise: Watch your husband around this 24 year old,firm breas.ted, big bottee,coke bottle shaped,succulent skinned and delectable house girl.
A word is enough for the wise-remember man is a polygamous animal.

Welcome brother rvt, but really i know what my husband can do! i dont have any problem with that aspect... dont call me foolish..

1 Like

Re: What Do I Do With My Maid? by nonylove: 3:12pm On Nov 04, 2012
Efemena_xy: CC, that's quite easy.

Do you know my neighbor once called me they saw her coming out of the house with someone only for her to deny completely that it never happened. am seriously thinking on how to go about that! God have mercy on us...
Re: What Do I Do With My Maid? by nonylove: 3:20pm On Nov 04, 2012
minute: She probably thinks-these people have a lot more than i do, they wont miss just some food

which would help my friend/family a lot. The trouble is stealing a few things turns into

more and more, then perhaps stealing from shops . . . She needs to be told privately, we

want to trust you,please do not steal from us,if you desperately need help please talk to us.

no amount of advise can change a person when it comes to decision on boyfriend issue if not she ought to have changed! I have takn some security measures, people are now watching her movement for me and any suspicious movement of her will bring out the anger in me right now.
Re: What Do I Do With My Maid? by nonylove: 3:23pm On Nov 04, 2012
pak:

We had house maids for some time while growing up and have always been a bit uncomfortable with the concept of house maids as practiced in this side of the world.
I think I go with Debreif on this issue.

And by the way - @poster - what are you doing with a 24 year old woman, who is not a relative, sharing your house with you 24/7 ? ? ?

A relative brought her because they know her family>

Re: What Do I Do With My Maid? by baby124: 3:24pm On Nov 04, 2012
Your own is small o. angry. But if you have little kids, having this strangers around them can be dangerous. And she is also promiscuous. Hope she doesn't get HIV and infect your kids unknowingly. You've got to be careful sha. I don't think I would like strange men around my house when I have kids.
Re: What Do I Do With My Maid? by nonylove: 3:33pm On Nov 04, 2012
baby_123: Your own is small o. angry. But if you have little kids, having this strangers around them can be dangerous. And she is also promiscuous. Hope she doesn't get HIV and infect your kids unknowingly. You've got to be careful sha. I don't think I would like strange men around my house when I have kids.

before i can allow anyone stay with me i do all the necessary test to know the medical status. and even now i have decided to do that regularly not only the 1st time in my house. God help us. like i said from now i have set people to monitor what happens when am around or away from the house hopefully she might fall in my trap again.
Re: What Do I Do With My Maid? by EfemenaXY: 4:10pm On Nov 04, 2012
Nonylove, we aren't trying to scare you here - just making you see things from different angles.

For all we know, this may be the proverbial storm in a teacup...but all the same, it pays to keep your eyes wide open.

I suggest you speak to your husband about this. Don't loose your temper or get angry...remember, you're the older and more mature one here, so tread carefully - so nothing backfires on you and your family.

Having said that, I am still very, very uncomfortable at the thought of a strange man / men coming into your home during you / your husband's absence.

Just be careful dear.
Re: What Do I Do With My Maid? by pak: 4:12pm On Nov 04, 2012
@Nonylove,

I guess the general consensus from most respondent here is that you surely have more to worry about with this arrangement than a few cups of rice and packets of cornflakes being stolen. That is a secondary (or even tertiary) issue.

Although we can't dictate for you but the strong advice is to go for a professional help, with specified working hours. With that you'll have more control over things that happen in your home. It will involve making sacrifices - sure but I guess you have one family and you'r only going to pass through this precarious phase once, so why not make the best of it.

N.B. - Why does every post of yours make me sense that unless you act quickly, something unsavory is going to happen.
The tone of your post makes it sound as though you are worried about the whole situation. Why not follow your intuition and act now.
Re: What Do I Do With My Maid? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 04, 2012
Mrs. A once gisted me about how terrible her househelp was too.

She said whenever she sent the househelp on errands, it took her like forever to finish them. One Sunday, she was to have visitors, so she sent her househelp to the market, to buy a few things to entertain the guests with. You can guess when she (the househelp) returned... after the visitors had gone.
She said this girl is also fond of talking to grown-up boys in the neighbourhood, though she has never caught her doing 'something' with them.

All these things infuriated her and she sent the girl back to the village.

Do you know the frustruating thing right now? Her 13 year old daughter washes the plates in not less than 5hours and Mrs. A once caught a love letter with the her (the daughter).

She was then asking me, would she send her daughter packing? To where?

So, Op, pls look critically at ur maid's case and don't just send her packing like that.
Re: What Do I Do With My Maid? by nonylove: 4:50pm On Nov 04, 2012
Rukemi291: Mrs. A once gisted me about how terrible her househelp was too.

She said whenever she sent the househelp on errands, it took her like forever to finish them. One Sunday, she was to have visitors, so she sent her househelp to the market, to buy a few things to entertain the guests with. You can guess when she (the househelp) returned... after the visitors had gone.
She said this girl is also fond of talking to grown-up boys in the neighbourhood, though she has never caught her doing 'something' with them.

All these things infuriated her and she sent the girl back to the village.

Do you know the frustruating thing right now? Her 13 year old daughter washes the plates in not less than 5hours and Mrs. A once caught a love letter with the her (the daughter).

She was then asking me, would she send her daughter packing? To where?

So, Op, pls look critically at ur maid's case and don't just send her packing like that.

she has got to be willing to change! like this yoruba adage that says "Omo to ba sipa ni iya e n gbe" a mother only carries a child who lifts his arms! if my interpretation is correct....
Re: What Do I Do With My Maid? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Nov 04, 2012
Seriously sha, I think it is a little selfish to expect a 24 year old or anyone else to be at your beck and call 24/7, taking care of your family, when does she get to go and build her own?

1 Like

Re: What Do I Do With My Maid? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Nov 04, 2012
Pls, be more patient with her. Continue talking to her, hopefully, she will heed one day.
Re: What Do I Do With My Maid? by nonylove: 8:00pm On Nov 04, 2012
debrief08: Seriously sha, I think it is a little selfish to expect a 24 year old or anyone else to be at your beck and call 24/7, taking care of your family, when does she get to go and build her own?

Debrief dear, that was my complain when they brought her but she said she s got a stipulated time she intended to work before setting herself up. left to me i had wanted her gone a long time ago, but she kept begging and i thnk where she came from she doesnt wnt to go back there. but now if she cant be patient to achieve her set goal thats up to her. BTW do u know any professional that can help maybe work one week on and one week off or 2 weeks on and off? might wnt to consider that
Re: What Do I Do With My Maid? by chikeorji123(m): 9:43am On Nov 05, 2012
poster
Does it mean you and your husband are leaving with a 24yrs old lady? haba women and their attitude sometimes baffle me l ill not be surprise you rushing here lamenting the maid have snatching your hubby from you grin grin grin.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Guy, Is Anything Wrong In Marrying A Lady Older Than You? / Can You Live With Your Husband's Younger Sister? / Plz Help! Her Husband Has Suddenly Developed Sick Sexual Fantasies.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.