Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,046 members, 7,886,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 06:23 PM

What Have The Nigerian Celebrities Contributed To The Flood Victims? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / What Have The Nigerian Celebrities Contributed To The Flood Victims? (3368 Views)

Ini Edo Opens Up: Distance, Disagreement Contributed To My Marriage Breakup / Nigerian Celebrities That Are Still Virgins ( Photos ) / Juanita Bynum Visits Bayelsa Flood Victims. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Have The Nigerian Celebrities Contributed To The Flood Victims? by ambrosini593(m): 6:41am On Nov 05, 2012
This is really sad. Up till now I have not seen any meaningful thing they have done. But they are busy buying mansions, cars, jets etc.

These flood victims are suffering, no homes, no food, no clothing, properties are destroyed, no access to school, both rain and sun they are. This is really sad.

Our celebrities forget that these flood victims are responsible for who they have become today. Buying their CD and Video CD plates, paying entering fees for their musical concerts, watching their movies and many more.

Why are they selfish, many of them are millionaires, why can't they raise funds for these victims?

Their impact will go a long way in helping them. In fact, seeing their favourite celebrities in their camps will give them a sense of belonging that they are still important in the society.

To me I've not seen any meaningful contribution. Have you seen any? How celebrities has visited camps?
Re: What Have The Nigerian Celebrities Contributed To The Flood Victims? by Okijajuju1(m): 8:43am On Nov 05, 2012
Aki & Paw-Paw go follow them snap pictures...
Re: What Have The Nigerian Celebrities Contributed To The Flood Victims? by myviewr: 8:44am On Nov 05, 2012
SHUT UP what have you done for the flood victims your selves your bashing other people. or are you not a human being

1 Like

Re: What Have The Nigerian Celebrities Contributed To The Flood Victims? by SamMilla1(m): 8:45am On Nov 05, 2012
Wiz contributed BMW X6.
Tuface contributed 2 mansions.
Re: What Have The Nigerian Celebrities Contributed To The Flood Victims? by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 05, 2012
myviewr: SHUT UP what have you done for the flood victims your selves your bashing other people. or are you not a human being

^What a Reply....
Re: What Have The Nigerian Celebrities Contributed To The Flood Victims? by goldenval(m): 8:45am On Nov 05, 2012
This questions is not meant for our celebrities alone but our government officials including you, what have they given so far, I mean the billion naira that was released for them, where is the money?.... You worried too much bro, this is nigeria where nobody gives a f**k!

1 Like

Re: What Have The Nigerian Celebrities Contributed To The Flood Victims? by Okijajuju1(m): 8:46am On Nov 05, 2012
myviewr: SHUT UP what have you done for the flood victims your selves your bashing other people. or are you not a human being

Are you on your period again?! or did you just forget to take your meds...
Re: What Have The Nigerian Celebrities Contributed To The Flood Victims? by sholasho(m): 8:46am On Nov 05, 2012
Celebrities
What about the government?
Just asking.
Re: What Have The Nigerian Celebrities Contributed To The Flood Victims? by Nobody: 8:47am On Nov 05, 2012
Watin concern you whether they contribute or not! Na you give them the money ehn ? angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: What Have The Nigerian Celebrities Contributed To The Flood Victims? by DJDOLA(m): 8:48am On Nov 05, 2012
Must celebrety contribute what about u leave celebrete alone abi is celebrete dat cos d fload abi celebrete bi nigeria president?
Re: What Have The Nigerian Celebrities Contributed To The Flood Victims? by ihebrooke(m): 8:52am On Nov 05, 2012
It's not about celebrities, what have we contributed? You and me? Have we tried to visit them, encourage them?
Everything is not all about the government.

@poster, before you blame celebrities, how have you contributed to alleviation of their plight?.
Re: What Have The Nigerian Celebrities Contributed To The Flood Victims? by neversaynever(m): 8:53am On Nov 05, 2012
You say it as if it's a must that they do...its the government's sole responsibility. They've got issues too you know?
Re: What Have The Nigerian Celebrities Contributed To The Flood Victims? by larpah(m): 8:55am On Nov 05, 2012
Mr I-am-not-a-celebrity, what have you contributed?
Re: What Have The Nigerian Celebrities Contributed To The Flood Victims? by chyseth(m): 9:04am On Nov 05, 2012
some people re good with making jest of those that have gone out of their way to even help. the likes of coolFM radio presenter Freeze or whatever he calls himself
Re: What Have The Nigerian Celebrities Contributed To The Flood Victims? by ijebabe: 9:08am On Nov 05, 2012
You are right in a sense. Celebrities are like the country's ambassadors and their actions tell a lot not just about them but us as a people. Whether they like it or not they influence peoples lives and much is expected from them, especially from seasoned celebs.

Hurricane Katrina, the Spiderman shooting, tsunami etc alot of their celebs came forward to help not just with money but volunteered to help.

Of course for some of them the act of giving is a stunt to improve their image so that their brand worth goes high. However, at the end of the day lives are saved.

I dont think Nigeria has developed that culture yet. If the people start acting then im sure the celebs will do the same.

2 Likes

Re: What Have The Nigerian Celebrities Contributed To The Flood Victims? by escobar07(m): 9:32am On Nov 05, 2012
more crappy movies and more party songs
Re: What Have The Nigerian Celebrities Contributed To The Flood Victims? by paulicoco: 9:40am On Nov 05, 2012
It is obvious that this type of thing would happen in africa (Nigeria). 80 percent of nigerians have a wicked nature. It has nothing to do with politics. Even if u get rid of all the politicians and the so called corrupt regime, it will just be replaced with the same wicked hearted people. That is why the country is where it is today, and africa (the continent) is where it is today. Africans do not like the progess of others and are corrupt and selfish.
Re: What Have The Nigerian Celebrities Contributed To The Flood Victims? by dridowu: 9:40am On Nov 05, 2012
Who is a celebrities ?
*******YAWN*******
Re: What Have The Nigerian Celebrities Contributed To The Flood Victims? by Nobody: 9:54am On Nov 05, 2012
Let he who has "contributed" be the first to cast a stone. #JustSayin'

Everyone can do their own little bit, not until you're a celeb. BTW, is that like a Criteria or something?
Re: What Have The Nigerian Celebrities Contributed To The Flood Victims? by Nobody: 9:57am On Nov 05, 2012
Its quite disappointing people have made soo much people celebs, even when dey'v barely accomplished anything.
If you all talk ablout celebs, what about pastors?
What about the churches that these people tithe to?
Can their headquarters not look out for them? Or have they now become liabilities to their churches?

I have visited bayelsa camp, even with almost nothing, i helped pitch up tents and canopies, and did d little i could.
U must not have money before u visit them, ur words alone could lighten their hearts.
Re: What Have The Nigerian Celebrities Contributed To The Flood Victims? by drax(m): 10:01am On Nov 05, 2012
Re: What Have The Nigerian Celebrities Contributed To The Flood Victims? by Nobody: 10:06am On Nov 05, 2012
Since we cannot do much, the best we can do is make sure the money that the FG has assigned to them is spent judiciously,
U see lorries bringing in foodstuFfs to camp, next u see persons driving out with rice sacks in their boots! (Bayelsa camp).
I raised a thread about it, but no one felt concerned.

https://www.nairaland.com/1079104/flood-victims-suffering
Re: What Have The Nigerian Celebrities Contributed To The Flood Victims? by Nobody: 10:09am On Nov 05, 2012
The problem with we African,is that anything that doesn't affect us,doesn't concern us(we are all guilty). Everything shouldn't be left for the govt alone,our little contribution also counts, but the presence of the celebs will go a long way to help the psyche of the victims.
Re: What Have The Nigerian Celebrities Contributed To The Flood Victims? by nero2003: 10:29am On Nov 05, 2012
I have repeatedly asked myself several times.Most of them are illiterates and are badly managed.Their counterparts in western world own NGO and donates to charity though not like wyclef kind of NGO.LOL.
Re: What Have The Nigerian Celebrities Contributed To The Flood Victims? by megxo(m): 10:49am On Nov 05, 2012
dridowu: Who is a celebrities ?
*******YAWN*******
GBAGAUN!
Re: What Have The Nigerian Celebrities Contributed To The Flood Victims? by eledalo: 10:54am On Nov 05, 2012
Poster, what have you or your father contributed? You know wxactly what other people should do but are not doing anything yourself. stewwwpid punk-a33 bi+ch
Re: What Have The Nigerian Celebrities Contributed To The Flood Victims? by ubong560(m): 11:09am On Nov 05, 2012
Contribute ke? U pple ar just bla bla bla as if u dont knw u r a nigerian or in naija. Instead of giving, i tell u they rather look 4 ways 2 get frm them. Wat happened 2d money u heard was dispatched 2 dem? Av they received it? U neva knw nigerians and thier evil minds.
Re: What Have The Nigerian Celebrities Contributed To The Flood Victims? by Tunjman(m): 11:18am On Nov 05, 2012
Why una hide my comment? na wa for these moderators o.
Re: What Have The Nigerian Celebrities Contributed To The Flood Victims? by laminaria(m): 11:25am On Nov 05, 2012
U̶̲̥̅̊ av all spoken well.......one can giv out of d little we earned, I love ma cub Rotary Intl (best humanitarian club in whole world). Giving Iƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇ nt necessarily mean monetary donation, play wit them for couple of hrs wil go along way in their heart. I hate it wen we tak abt Govt cos I dnt blv we av one, Nigeria one big FARM animal
Re: What Have The Nigerian Celebrities Contributed To The Flood Victims? by Nobody: 11:55am On Nov 05, 2012
eledalo: Poster, what have you or your father contributed? You know wxactly what other people should do but are not doing anything yourself. stewwwpid punk-a33 bi+ch
.... & DO U HAVE 2 EMPLOY INSULTS BECAUSE U DISAGREE ON SOMEONE ELSE'S VIEWS? ANIMAL IN HUMAN SKIN. angry angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: What Have The Nigerian Celebrities Contributed To The Flood Victims? by alajor(m): 12:48pm On Nov 05, 2012
@poster u raised a very important issue here but our 9ja mentality will always prevail over our thinking faculty""every man for himself""

(1) (2) (Reply)

Musician, Davido Talks About Smoking "Igbho" And Some Bad Bi*&hes / Tiwa Savage Tweets About Failed Relationship After Flavour Confessed To Kiss Her / Obasanjo's Niece Kikelomo Pregnant At 64 [Photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.