Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,588 members, 7,944,763 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 12:57 AM

My Friends Cannot Visit - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Friends Cannot Visit (989 Views)

My Friends Wife Traveled For Xmas Without His Consent. / My Friends Wife Lied About Her Virginity. / Am I Right For Not Supporting My Friends Plan 4 Abortion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Friends Cannot Visit by doracle4(m): 8:17am On Jan 31, 2008
There is no measure to the pain one feels when his or her pals cannot visit their home because daddy or mummy does not like it. A friend of mine narrated her ordeal when she went with her friend to assist her carry some refreshment items for a picnic. The friend's mother embarrassed her to the extent of asking her if she knew where the garri she was eating came from and why is she pestering her only daughter.
As for me, I am afriad because my dad can fly into a rage without caring if you or your friend will be hurt. And he loves doing that everytime he sees a visitor in the house. Is it normal or what could be the reason behind this action.
If this is an issue you feel too, just drop your thought.
Re: My Friends Cannot Visit by almondjoy(f): 8:44am On Jan 31, 2008
If you do not want to be disgraced, obey your parents till you find your own house! kiss

You know the kind of parents you have and you will have to deal with them till you move out.  So please do not make things difficult for yourself! kiss

Most parents behave this way to exhibit "primitive" control. They do not know any better and it is not normal.
Re: My Friends Cannot Visit by Nobody: 6:46am On Feb 01, 2008
Can I ask, how old are you? If you are still in your early teens, more years of shouting is still to come. Take heart mmmh. Make sure you work hard to get out of the house quickly.
Re: My Friends Cannot Visit by iice(f): 5:12pm On Feb 06, 2008
Eyah pele. . .wait till you get your place and can have all the friends over.
I don't know if it's normal because i never had that problem neither do my friends have that problem. The only issue was sleeping over. . .my friends can't but i have always had the permission to sleep over.
Re: My Friends Cannot Visit by adeboo(f): 9:39pm On Feb 06, 2008
d_oracle:

There is no measure to the pain one feels when his or her pals cannot visit their home because daddy or mummy does not like it. A friend of mine narrated her ordeal when she went with her friend to assist her carry some refreshment items for a picnic. The friend's mother embarrassed her to the extent of asking her if she knew where the garri she was eating came from and why is she pestering her only daughter.
As for me, I am afriad because my dad can fly into a rage without caring if you or your friend will be hurt. And he loves doing that everytime he sees a visitor in the house. Is it normal or what could be the reason behind this action.
If this is an issue you feel too, just drop your thought.

Sorry sha thats what happens when u are still living at home under ur mother and father's roof.
So u need to move out cause they arent gonna change.

(1) (Reply)

I Haven't Seen Or Heard From My Four Children For 10 Years : / Aren't Mothers Who Boast About Their Children A Little Annoying? / 5 Year-old Needs A Job Before Getting Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.