Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,349 members, 7,937,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 12:04 PM

Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law (18823 Views)

Buhari As Ebenezer Obey Was Singing In Ogun (Photo) / I Tell People That Lagos Will Be A Village If Non-indigene Are Not In Lagos-jimi / “go Back To Your Village If You Cannot Obey New Traffic Laws” – Governor Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by Nobody: 1:08pm On Nov 07, 2012
PointB:

Says an ant to an Antelope!

Question is, does the Antelope worry about the ant's rants?

Well....most people here know you better...just an empty lousy thing.

Igbos really don't care about what an anonymous nonentity like you talk....they are more interested in securing their investments and not lousy advise from a nobody like you. cool

bashr8: igbo or not give me one reason any sensible non indegene should vote ACN again in lagos after this statement, it seems acn is heading back to the era of tribalism, its a shame, thats why PDP remains the only political party in nigeria.if everybody go back to their village (including foreigners) you think lagos will still be relevant?

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by PointB: 1:10pm On Nov 07, 2012
PointB: [size=28pt]IGBOS SHOULD NOT VOTE ACN IN 2015. I CAN'T SAY THIS LOUD ENOUGH![/size]
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by SeanDre(m): 1:12pm On Nov 07, 2012
kingsceemark: SON of thousand fathers, stup1d son of skin bleacher. Jobless 1diot, son of fat smelling azz. Who get time 4 dat monkey looking criminal who called himself FASHOLA? his days are numbered.
Sure his days are numbered as the gov. Of Lagos, but guess who's coming after him? Hhehe, all you non conformists, ee sare kabakaba!

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by samkoro: 1:15pm On Nov 07, 2012
geeez:

You don't know how many Igbos I employ as security men, dispatch riders and drivers in Lagos and Abuja do you?

The few ones I've employed as full staff have been fraudulent except one that more or less grew up in the SW and was exposed to decent values early in life

I dare your loud mouthed race to make that dirty claim that you own Lagos in public or let your chief declare himself a first class traditional ruler if you truly own the land. Still waiting for that day. Slowly and steadily, we will show you the way to Onitsha and Nnewi because as it is you have become an embarrassment to an enterprising and progressive Yoruba land. The ones that claim to do 'genuine' business (which is largely trading) cut corners while the others are robbers, prostitutes, fraudsters, rapists, kidnappers and murderers

The only way you can do that is by declaring Oduah republic and form ur country.As long as itys one Nigeria,you are just day dreaming and trying to make a pig fly

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by Nobody: 1:17pm On Nov 07, 2012
samkoro:

U think like a 14th century nationalist.You will hope and go to ur grave,and no government will dash you another mans property.Why not mind your business instead of hoping to train ur kid with another mans property.Shameless gayy pig.

Usual empty boast that lead to usual perdition.

It takes a very experience gay with huge psychic power to recognize a gay sitting behind a PC.

person!
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by Afam4eva(m): 1:18pm On Nov 07, 2012
Fashola should seek an alternative way of passing across a message rather than sounding like a bigoted dictator. I think this is an insult and the FG should take up this case. Every Nigerian reserve the right to live wherever they so please.
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 07, 2012
afam4eva: Fashola should seek an alternative way of passing across a message rather than sounding like a bigoted dictator. I think this is an insult and the FG should take up this case. Every Nigerian reserve the right to live wherever they so please.

Fine...the language may not really be nice coming from a politician. But the remark was not directed towards a particular group of people....we have people of various tribes in Lagos, so why are some deluded animals taking it so personal here on N/L?

BTW....what accusation would the FG level against him? Asking people to excuse him from Lagos if they cannot abide by legally enacted laws? my guy things dont work that way again.
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by Afam4eva(m): 1:22pm On Nov 07, 2012
ilugunboy:

Fine...the language may not really be nice coming from a politician. But the remark was not directed towards a particular group of people....we have people of various tribes in Lagos, so why are some deluded animals taking it so personal here on N/L?
Fashola didn't mention any particular group, so we assume he's referring to Non-Lagosian Igbos, Yorubas, hausas etc. But it's still a very bad thing to say. Note that it was peeople like seanet and bluetooth who started by calling Igbos out. Check the first page.

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by Nobody: 1:26pm On Nov 07, 2012
afam4eva:
Fashola didn't mention any particular group, so we assume he's referring to Non-Lagosian Igbos, Yorubas, hausas etc. But it's still a very bad thing to say. Note that it was peeople like seanet and bluetooth who started by calling Igbos out. Check the first page.

If someone bait you out for a fight...must you fight?

What any sane person should have emphasis here is that the remark applies to all irrespective of tribe and those guys would have keep quiet.

It a big irony that someone like you come from the same place like that moroonic PointlessB...Bashr8 and this pseudo-Igbo call Samokoro or warreva.

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by Afam4eva(m): 1:28pm On Nov 07, 2012
ilugunboy:

If someone bait you out for a fight...must you fight?

What any sane person should have emphasis here is that the remark applies to all irrespective of tribe and those guys would have keep quiet.

Anyways, i'm more interested in Fashola's utterance being addressed. I don't expect that in 2012 we could hear something like that from a government official. We're not in a military dispensation for crying out loud.
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by Nobody: 1:32pm On Nov 07, 2012
afam4eva:
Anyways, i'm more interested in Fashola's utterance being addressed. I don't expect that in 2012 we could hear something like that from a government official. We're not in a military dispensation for crying out loud.

Really I also believed that he could have tempered that speech but it could have been done out of the anger of the moment...we are all humans and we have such moments.

But making it to sound as if he has Igbos in mind is what is quiet mischievous.
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by XKZ(m): 1:36pm On Nov 07, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

Rotflmao. . .okay that was funny!! cheesy cheesy

Yeah, he shoulda been a little more diplomatic but it is still funny.

It isn't just funny. It is disgraceful coming from someone who claims to be the leader of a cosmopolitan state like Lagos.
It begs the question 'is his village better than theirs' or 'does he believe villages Should be zones of lawlessness'.
And this is someone who probably will want to run for an office on the national stage...

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by SeanDre(m): 1:42pm On Nov 07, 2012
one_man: Lagos is getting ready for PDP. ACN has sold their birth right. Watchout 2015...

Lol, this is one thing you people don't know about us! We are YORUBA. We are not myopic when it comes to our wellbeing and development. We love ourselves. Even if xyz party wins in lagos, we will continue this developmental trend. PDP? In my church mind I pray a pdp candidate wins and let's see if they will condone half of what is being swallowed now. A Gov. says I want orderliness and suddenly a tribe gets fever, cholera, typhoid, and ultimately stroke. Smh

5 Likes

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by Nobody: 1:42pm On Nov 07, 2012
ilugunboy:

Really I also believed that he could have tempered that speech but it could have been done out of the anger of the moment...we are all humans and we have such moments.

But making it to sound as if he has Igbos in mind is what is quiet mischievous.
Of course he didn't mention any tribe when making that speech.as Afam said,seanet or whatever his God forsken name started the tribal bashing on this thread.Bluetooth heated it up! Do you think igbos on this forum would watch and not react? Its really disgusting that a speech made my Fashola has degenerated into hate and tribal bigotry.it is indeed a SHAME!
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by geeez: 1:43pm On Nov 07, 2012
victord1st:

6 banks.this is pure prostitution,settle down bro.
Alaba int'l collectively makes more T/O than all the listed coy put together.

Call it whatever, I moved when I got better offers

And how on earth an you say Alaba has a higher turnover than all the listed companies in Nigeria. The market can't even rival the smallest bank in Nigeria. I'm sure you don't realize that a banks' revenue is in exceed of $1bn for each of the top three banks. I've had dealings with the biggest of the Alaba guys before and even the biggest of them doesn't do a turnover of more than N100m per annum. Can you compare that to the T/O of Cadbury, Guinness, Nestlé, P&G, Airtel, Globacom etc?

If they were that big, their names must have been on the Forbes list now and I can confidently say that the entire turnover of Alaba isn't up to $1bn. Will be a miracle if it hits $100m

Besides how many people stil buy their electronics from Alaba when Samsung, LG, Sony etc already have shops opened in countless malls across Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 07, 2012
XKZ:

It isn't just funny. It is disgraceful coming from someone who claims to be the leader of a cosmopolitan state like Lagos.
It begs the question 'is his village better than theirs' or 'does he believe villages Should be zones of lawlessness'.
And this is someone who probably will want to run for an office on the national stage...

IF and when he decides to go for a national office...people of all hues can take him up on that..and he can give reasons for such pronouncement.

At present...he is only answerable to Lagosians...and Lagosians want clean and safe environment.
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 07, 2012
berem: Of course he didn't mention any tribe when making that speech.as Afam said,seanet or whatever his God forsken name started the tribal bashing on this thread.Bluetooth heated it up! Do you think igbos on this forum would watch and not react? Its really disgusting that a speech made my Fashola has degenerated into hate and tribal bigotry.it is indeed a SHAME!

Lolzzzzzz....learn to flee from temptation.
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by jpphilips(m): 1:57pm On Nov 07, 2012
Freiburger:
Grow up and stop discracing yourself, it is only people like you that find's you entertaining.

im impressed
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by SeanDre(m): 2:07pm On Nov 07, 2012
geeez:

You don't know how many Igbos I employ as security men, dispatch riders and drivers in Lagos and Abuja do you?

The few ones I've employed as full staff have been fraudulent except one that more or less grew up in the SW and was exposed to decent values early in life

I dare your loud mouthed race to make that dirty claim that you own Lagos in public or let your chief declare himself a first class traditional ruler if you truly own the land. Still waiting for that day. Slowly and steadily, we will show you the way to Onitsha and Nnewi because as it is you have become an embarrassment to an enterprising and progressive Yoruba land. The ones that claim to do 'genuine' business (which is largely trading) cut corners while the others are robbers, prostitutes, fraudsters, rapists, kidnappers and murderers

You took it too far bro. 1st class Oba? He can't even claim to be a TRADITIONAL CHIEF in Lagos or any where outta alaigbo
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by xwolverine: 2:12pm On Nov 07, 2012
Lets reason on the following points so as to arrive at a viable assumption that we can base the premise that IGBOs don't own Lagos.

According to CIA https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ni.html Nigeria is made up of the following ethnic groups: Hausa and Fulani 29%, Yoruba 21%, Igbo 18%, Ijaw 10%, Kanuri 4%, Ibibio 3.5%, Tiv 2.5%, 14.5% Others

If Lagos is a representation of Nigeria as a whole, then the 15 million people in lagos, would be made up of the following group of people:

*FULANI 4.35 million
Yoruba 3.15 million
IGBO 0.9 million
Ijaw 1.5 million
Kanuri 0.6 million
Ibibio 0.525 million
Tiv 0.375 million
others 2.175 million

*for reference, check out Agege, Yaba, Alaba Rago, mile 12, Abule-Egba parts of Lagos to verify this claim, and the margin for error would be ±0.5million for each ethnic group.

So, how can someone assume that Lagos is "owned" by the IGBOS? Remember, the same IGBO are also all over Abuja, Kano, Portharcourt, Delta.
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by victord1st: 2:23pm On Nov 07, 2012
[quote author=geeez]

Call it whatever, I moved when I got better offers

And how on earth an you say Alaba has a higher turnover than all the listed companies in Nigeria. The market can't even rival the smallest bank in Nigeria. I'm sure you don't realize that a banks' revenue is in exceed of $1bn for each of the top three banks. I've had dealings with the biggest of the Alaba guys before and even the biggest of them doesn't do a turnover of more than N100m per annum. Can you compare that to the T/O o

As much as i agree with you to some reasonable extent,i must say that i pity your poverty.my cousin rakes over #2m pd frm that same market and that amounts to about 50million every month and u are here talking about patrices c'mon get a life.
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by geeez: 2:24pm On Nov 07, 2012
xwolverine: Lets reason on the following points so as to arrive at a viable assumption that we can base the premise that IGBOs don't own Lagos.

According to CIA https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ni.html Nigeria is made up of the following ethnic groups: Hausa and Fulani 29%, Yoruba 21%, Igbo 18%, Ijaw 10%, Kanuri 4%, Ibibio 3.5%, Tiv 2.5%, 14.5% Others

If Lagos is a representation of Nigeria as a whole, then the 15 million people in lagos, would be made up of the following group of people:

*FULANI 4.35 million
Yoruba 3.15 million
IGBO 0.9 million
Ijaw 1.5 million
Kanuri 0.6 million
Ibibio 0.525 million
Tiv 0.375 million
others 2.175 million

*for reference, check out Agege, Yaba, Alaba Rago, mile 12, Abule-Egba parts of Lagos to verify this claim, and the margin for error would be ±0.5million for each ethnic group.

So, how can someone assume that Lagos is "owned" by the IGBOS? Remember, the same IGBO are also all over Abuja, Kano, Portharcourt, Delta.

Whether you like it or hate it, Lagos still remains Yorubaland. Owned by Yorubas, controlled by Yorubas and mostly populated by Yorubas. The next most populous tribe in Lagos is the Hausa tribe and they are a distant second.
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by geeez: 2:27pm On Nov 07, 2012
[quote author=victord1st][/quote]

My poverty? Did you say my poverty? And what's the big deal in a N2m per day turnover. Not even his PBT. I don't need to say much. I already have a life and this life has been kind to me from the day I was born till date

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by geeez: 2:45pm On Nov 07, 2012
PointB: [size=28pt]IGBOS SHOULD NOT VOTE ACN IN 2015. I CAN'T SAY THIS LOUD ENOUGH![/size]

Who gives a flying hoot what party you stick your dirty thumbs to?

Yorubas will determine who rules in Yorubaland

Now ACN is a Yoruba tribal abi? If that's the case, what would you say about your backward APGA? At least, BRF appointed an Igbo man commissioner apart from people from other tribes in several ministries and parastatals. Can that happen in Igboland? When even one Igbo state can't allow people from another state work with its own government

You guys are just a bunch of hypocritical propagandists

3 Likes

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by Eziachi: 3:00pm On Nov 07, 2012
I guess go back to your village which is in Panya republic?
I Can see mayor of London saying the same now-go back to your village if you don't like London congestion charge.
One Nigeria!

3 Likes

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by Eziachi: 3:10pm On Nov 07, 2012
geeez:

Who gives a flying hoot what party you stick your dirty thumbs to?

Yorubas will determine who rules in Yorubaland

Now ACN is a Yoruba tribal abi? If that's the case, what would you say about your backward APGA? At least, BRF appointed an Igbo man commissioner apart from people from other tribes in several ministries and parastatals. Can that happen in Igboland? When even one Igbo state can't allow people from another state work with its own government

You guys are just a bunch of hypocritical propagandists
The last we check, their is no country called Yorubaland rather than One Nigeria your forefathers sheds blood to keep as one.
Its either One Nigeria or One Yorubaland?
You can't have it both ways. Oil booty you run to Abuja every month to collect, non comes from your land if I may recall. Don't tell me Ondo state. its from Ijaw LAND hacked off from their among their brothers and thrown into Ondo by OBJ/Ayo Irikife boundary adjustment magic of 1978. HURRAY ONDO IS AN OIL STATE!!

As for appointing anybody, there are people of Nigerian heritage robbing shoulder with other MPs at Westminster in London and they don't go each day reminding them on how grateful they are.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by lekkie073(m): 3:11pm On Nov 07, 2012
what tires me with dis ibos is the constant remarks dat they own lagos. ibos are a complete nuisance in lagos. u rent a room to an ibo, he brings in 4 of his so_called village brodas. what does all of them do for a living? the original occupant go dey hustle for ladipo while the 4 squaters all engage in traffic hawking. shameless ppl
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by geeez: 3:20pm On Nov 07, 2012
Eziachi:
The last we check, their is no country called Yorubaland rather than One Nigeria your forefathers sheds blood to keep as one.
Its either One Nigeria or One Yorubaland?
You can't have it both ways. Oil booty you run to Abuja every month to collect, non comes from your land if I may recall. Don't tell me Ondo state. its from Ijaw LAND hacked off from their among their brothers and thrown into Ondo by OBJ/Ayo Irikife boundary adjustment magic of 1978. HURRAY ONDO IS AN OIL STATE!!

As for appointing anybody, there are people of Nigerian heritage robbing shoulder with other MPs at Westminster in London and they don't go each them reminding them on how grateful they are.

Of course not and we have not been flaunting it but you guys have never been able to achieve that

And who is talking about oil here? Move with the times man. Countries have become super power nations without oil flowing from under their soils but if you wanna argue that then you must know that Lagos and Ogun have oil in commercial quantities apart from Ondo which is still Yorubaland. I wonder why the phrase 'Yorubaland' freaks you out. Don't you guys claim the SE is Igboland and even poke your noses into a number of SS states claiming their are Igboland? I don't care where Igboland extends to. I am Yoruba and will continue to be proud of, invest in and make it prosperous in every way I can

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by seanet01: 3:21pm On Nov 07, 2012
Eziachi: I guess go back to your village which is in Panya republic?
I Can see mayor of London saying the same now-go back to your village if you don't like London congestion charge.
One Nigeria!
Of course you will said that Lagos belongs to all sundry, but deep inside you know that the original owners were the one stayed behind in 93 when you people started your coward yam festival in the east. No room for nonsense in Lagos, it is either you are submissive to our laws or you Bleep off to your erosion ravaged iboland. Clear?

3 Likes

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by Hardfact: 3:24pm On Nov 07, 2012
thelastPope:

I was almost going to ignore your post. but i feel i have a responsibility to educate you. Your ignorance is so worrisome.

There are various seaports in Nigeria. Warri, Oneh, Koko, Calabar, Sapele and the new Akwa Ibom port. Lagos has Tincan and Warf ports. Because of the capital status of Lagos and the consequent growth in population, priority status was given to Lagos ports. That means, shipments are directed first to Lagos ports before any other ports. This is the reason there has been an agitation for the Onitsha river niger port. Someone in Enugu or Makurdi has to import his goods through the Lagos port. That means, he has to now convey his goods by road all the way from Lagos to his factory. That means more cost and all the dangers involved. Now if Lagos didnt have the capital status and consequently a population explosion, they would not have been given the priority status in both airports and seaports. If for some reason lagos was to have a mass exodus of people, it means some new state will grow in population and both individual and business activities will grow there. Consequently, the demand for airport and seaport activities would shift and the government will have to respond to that demand by giving priority status to those new states. The result of that will be simple. Lagos ports will loose business. Taxes will drop drastically. Both the federal and state revenue will drop drastically and Lagos would have a big challenge because they have no real natural resource. Sapele port is the best in Nigeria because it is a fresh water port but it is completely unutilised. 80% of all seaport activities are channeled to Lagos. That will change if Lagos was 3million. First the demand for goods in Lagos will drop drastically and that demand will move elsewhere. This is just a little education for you.

You should educate yourself before posting in a public forum
You just killed it! Simple fact of the matter which only those few clueless clowns fail to comprehend. Let them continue to grope about in their mental darkness.
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by geeez: 3:25pm On Nov 07, 2012
seanet01: Of course you will said that Lagos belongs to all sundry, but deep inside you know that the original owners were the one stayed behind in 93 when you people started your coward yam festival in the east. No room for nonsense in Lagos, it is either you are submissive to our laws or you Bleep off to your erosion ravaged iboland. Clear?

Lagos belongs to the Government of Lagos and the Lagos State Government belongs to the Yoruba. They can say whatever they like, this has always been the case and will always be
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by NRIPRIEST(m): 3:27pm On Nov 07, 2012
omo_to_dun: I understand the governor's primary point but his condescending approach leaves little to be desired. I detest that he has resorted to denigrating the village so as to emphasize his point. He should simply have told any prospective traffic offenders that they would be heavily penalized.

As if traffic offenders are visitors only....The man is uncivilized...Peter Obi will never talk like this. Mr fashola doesnt even know that some villagers are more civilized than some Nigerians in the city. Very ignorant man.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? / Nigeria We Hail Thee: Reintroduction Of Old National Anthem My Priority – Tinubu / Who Is The Number 3 Citizen In Nigeria???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.