Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,193 members, 7,891,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 06:38 AM

Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? (21409 Views)

Nursery School In Calabar Flogs Parents For Bringing Their Kids Late To School / The Risk Students Take In Warri To Get To School (Photo) / How Do You Wear Your Bag (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by Nobody: 6:48am On Nov 10, 2012
What is it called

6 Likes

Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by Queendo(f): 7:17am On Nov 10, 2012
I guess it was cald 'basket shoes' It shld now be labeld 'old skul' Dts a nice 1

2 Likes

Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by Ariyke: 7:29am On Nov 10, 2012
Was it nt luke?

5 Likes

Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by domack99(m): 8:40am On Nov 10, 2012
Where did you get this, make me remember those days
Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by StateOfMind: 8:41am On Nov 10, 2012
Look/luke sandal cheesy

I dint, but my sisters abused this sandal..it was the reigning sandal in federal government colleges back then.cheesy

Ugly sandal tho cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by k2039: 8:42am On Nov 10, 2012
I dont expect most of this girls to say the truth,but I saw it on a lot of girls when I was young

3 Likes

Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by Nobody: 8:42am On Nov 10, 2012
My sister did oh!
Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by Nobody: 8:43am On Nov 10, 2012
All my sisters had em.

Rub am wit kerosene or vasline, e go dey shine

21 Likes

Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by SlyIg(f): 8:43am On Nov 10, 2012
Lol... This was one time uniform to students in the Loretto Girls Juniorate in Akwa Ibom. Looks like cripple foot wear.
Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by zeefa: 8:43am On Nov 10, 2012
Yah, my sister used to wear it back 1992! It was common then! Hmm ao tym flies!

2 Likes

Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by guttentag(m): 8:43am On Nov 10, 2012
Government must approve this shoe for all secondary school girls, the use of high hill shoes should be abolish
Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by Nobody: 8:44am On Nov 10, 2012
that is BASKET SANDALS na! If I no wear sandals go school,wetin I wan wear before?na high heel shoes I wan wear? Na wa o!

1 Like

Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by Ranoscky(m): 8:48am On Nov 10, 2012
domack99: Where did you get this, make me remember those days
I dey tel u!
Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by Nobody: 8:50am On Nov 10, 2012
they cald that bata in d souteast then, if u hv nt worn it,then ur teen age hasnt begun yet.
Diff shape though

1 Like

Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by Donlouise(m): 8:52am On Nov 10, 2012
Na 1 of d best sandals dose days!

1 Like

Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by Sashd: 8:53am On Nov 10, 2012
I do remember having 1 of dat sandal in my junior class bt senior class!!!things changed..basket dats wat ts kald :DI do remember having 1 of dat sandal in my junior class bt senior class!!!things changed..basket dats wat ts kald
Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by OILOFGLADNESS: 8:53am On Nov 10, 2012
lekibraky: What is it called

noooooooooo, cos i never liked it, but i wore a light brown fine and soft one, if i can remeber they called thAT ONE SHABBA.

IT S NO MORE IN MARKET NOW, BUT WAS ONE OF THE MOST COSTLY ROBBER SANDALS THEN

4 Likes

Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by sherrylo: 8:54am On Nov 10, 2012
That na basket shoe nah
Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by yemidot1(f): 8:54am On Nov 10, 2012
Its called 'look'
Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by yemidot1(f): 8:55am On Nov 10, 2012
Its called 'look'
Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by xuleiman: 8:55am On Nov 10, 2012
was
called 'bas ket' it was ma dad's favorite sandal to our 8 female
students livin wt us den ..i used 2 be dia shoe shiner. my equipment include
duck soap.sponge..g/nut oil wia i go take rub am e go com dey shine wel wel and itz ready 4 use by monday ......hmmm old
gud days

4 Likes

Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by freecocoa(f): 8:56am On Nov 10, 2012
I didn't wear it
Neither do I remember seeing anyone who did.
I wore black flat shoes or snickers in my own time.
Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by Remii(m): 8:58am On Nov 10, 2012
cortina sandal was more popular

3 Likes

Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by sherrylo: 8:58am On Nov 10, 2012
OILOFGLADNESS:

That one no be shaba, that na basket. Shaba is difnt frm dis dou they lok a bit alike

noooooooooo, cos i never liked it, but i wore a light brown fine and soft one, if i can remeber they called thAT ONE SHABBA.

IT S NO MORE IN MARKET NOW, BUT WAS ONE OF THE MOST COSTLY ROBBER SANDALS THEN
Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by Agiliti(m): 8:58am On Nov 10, 2012
irongate jnr: they cald that bata in d souteast then, if u hv nt worn it,then ur teen age hasnt begun yet.
Diff shape though

which part of the south east are you talking about?
from what i remember, Bata was leather. This one na rubber or basket
Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by ab1x: 8:59am On Nov 10, 2012
Look and Shaba dey rain in the early 90'sl
Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by Nobody: 9:03am On Nov 10, 2012
Remii: cortina sandal was more popular
I disagree with you! Cortina was not popular because it was expensive.though it has more quality and durable,not everyone could afford it.we wey be Aje Pako na rubber sandals we were go school.

2 Likes

Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by hydiciousb: 9:07am On Nov 10, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by Clemzy16(m): 9:10am On Nov 10, 2012
Imanuelle: All my sisters had em.

Rub am wit kerosene or vasline, e go dey shine
Nd e go carry all the dust mak dey sahara-desert before dem com bak from skul?! Anyways, i think it was called "Rubber Sandals."

2 Likes

Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by Clemzy16(m): 9:12am On Nov 10, 2012
freecocoa: I didn't wear it
Then you were not born in our generation!

8 Likes

Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by nekaa(f): 9:13am On Nov 10, 2012
freecocoa: I didn't wear it
I was goin tu say the same if not for a photo ov maslf I saw, I was about 6 or so....I had dem sandals on, I was modeling dress my momma made.
Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by StateOfMind: 9:13am On Nov 10, 2012
Remii: cortina sandal was more popular

The cortina i know doesn't look like what's in this pic or is this cortina for boys ? shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Covenant University Wins The Enactus Nigeria National Competition 2019 / UNIBEN Suspends 2016 Post-UTME Screening Exercise / Nigerian Misplaces His Documents In Malaysia, Indicate If You Know Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.