Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,562 members, 7,917,778 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 03:06 PM

Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? (17178 Views)

7 Advantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook! / 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook / Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by SELFWORTH: 10:10pm On Nov 10, 2012
Mynd_44:
I wonder how you came about that number

I agree poster. Based on the gutter postings on NL, I would say 98% not 88% grin
Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by SELFWORTH: 10:16pm On Nov 10, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
88% of NL chatters are from broken homes...so why the fakeness

Please ask them again especially in a country like Nigerian where very few know the meaning of the vows they make.

TRILLION LIKES!!
Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by Usminous: 10:18pm On Nov 10, 2012
fairygeh: It doesnt matter.its her character that is important and such people learn from their parent's mistakes and tend not to follow the path that led to their parent's broken homes.
Just Like myself am from a broken home in which i have learn from my parent's mistake not to be a victim of circumstance again like them...

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by riqblaze(m): 10:19pm On Nov 10, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
88% of NL chatters are from broken homes...so why the fakeness

shoooo madam easy o
Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by tpia1: 10:36pm On Nov 10, 2012
SELFWORTH:

Even all the gutter people on NL will start claiming they too are from a perfect family.

of course!!!!!
Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by quin9(f): 10:37pm On Nov 10, 2012
Nashville:

You have said the truth. I will advice the poster to really find out the cause of divorce and the relationship between the parents. If they still hate each other and have used their children to get at each other then you must be very careful. I tell you, you cannot underestimate the kind of filth the mother will have told her daughter about men in general. Some of these girls hate their fathers and may take these out on their husbands. Such girls become extremely defensive and they will resolve not to take any rubbish from any man so that they dont go through what their mother went through.

Family background matters a lot. I know of several such cases where girls from broken homes have bad marriages. Some of them dont even know what a good marriage is like so they do not know how to achieve one.

Am with u on this!,and jus to add,what advise can such woman give her daughter when troubles arise?(marriage is NEVER all rossy)

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by stpat1(m): 10:38pm On Nov 10, 2012
Let's not be too sentimental about this. I will not say it definitely has much effect on the kids but the truth is that children from broken homes are less disciplined compared to regular homes. They are more loose, they see relationships in different ways, its either they are too harsh to their man or they are just simply too vulnerable. Its Gods grace.

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by tpia1: 10:48pm On Nov 10, 2012
if we're talking of looseness, in nigeria, or among nigerians, can you repeat what you just stated?
Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by navygrl: 10:57pm On Nov 10, 2012
Sometimes they make better spouses and parents. They know what they went through and will be extra careful not to repeat those mistakes their parents made. Not always but more often then not
Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by baby124: 11:04pm On Nov 10, 2012
I don't think there is any problem marrying a girl from a broken home. But I think you should ask why the home was broken and observe the parents and their mentality. A lot of girls from broken homes are very good partner's, while some are not. Same with those from two parent homes. Matter of fact to get a feel for family philosophy spend time with each parent and observe the siblings. Don't forget to ask questions. What you also need to realise is that people don't have to come from broken homes for them to be broken. Some two parent homes are worse than single parent homes. It is a worse environment to "stay together for the kids", you definitely don't want to marry someone from that kind of home. They are more psychologically damaged. Stop stereotyping, and keep your eyes open. You know what you want in a future partner. Don't compromise. And believe what you see.

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by MotOnyx(f): 11:08pm On Nov 10, 2012
myboo: I'm currently faced with this guys

What do you think about marrying a chic from a broken home (ie her father and mother are separated)?

Does it really have a significant effect on the children?

The chic in question is actually cool character-wise and she is a christian.

Your views would be appreciated cos i need to take a decision ASAP

Thx
@op whatz d big deal about dat? So because u're from a home where ur parent are 2geda now we dat came out of polygamous home we run away, Or be afraid of marriage? Correct&Serious guys dnt look at dat in their mate question. Almost 80% of Nigerians are from polygamous home n av never met dis type of ur question b4. Its her attitude u shld watch not to dwell on her background. Those ladies make good wife cos they wnt want their children 2experience what they went tru. Ur girl friend need 2understant d fact dat pple lik u esp guys dat count minor issue like dis wnt appreciate her like d ones who came out of desame broken home like her. Not insult pls @op just tryin 2correct ur mindset
Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by fairygeh(f): 11:08pm On Nov 10, 2012
I wonder why this is even an issue?if u like marry her if u like don't,but I am sure its someone that wl still marry her and if she is indeed a good girl,then its gonna be ur loss.And if one u eventually marry is from an unbroken home and becomes a nightmare later,den simply divorce her. Really wonder when people would stop generalising.I have friends too thÀt are from broken homes,some have become emotionally imbalanced though but some are using it as a measure to plan their lives well.

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by tpia1: 11:22pm On Nov 10, 2012
topic and op smack of low IQ undecided

some of the posters also. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by coogar: 11:30pm On Nov 10, 2012
tpia1: topic and op smack of low IQ undecided

some of the posters also. undecided

low iq?
op asked a good question - is it safe to marry women from broken homes or abusive homes?
Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by Theblessed(f): 11:39pm On Nov 10, 2012
[size=16pt]Now, tell me how many homes/families in the world are unbroken?

Even your own family that seems intact and at peace from general family discords, still has some dis-functionalities in it.

So, there is no such thing as 100% perfect family. Every unbroken family,is somehow broken and we just have look deep to find them!!!

If you love a girl/boy just go ahead and marry them and stop wasting time worrying, about irrelevancies
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by tpia1: 11:41pm On Nov 10, 2012
coogar:

low iq?
op asked a good question - is it safe to marry women from broken homes or abusive homes?

the question shows low IQ

1. someone with a normal IQ wont be asking anonymous strangers on the web, something that will affect him personally in this manner. Shows he has no social life or value system. Or sense for that matter.

2. somebody with a normal IQ will simply waka pass any girl he cant date/marry, without making an a.s.s out of himself by trying to make her look bad. You dont have to slander someone just because you cant date them- that shows low level reasoning and gutter mentality. The person you slander today might not be in the same situation tomorrow.

3. As someone rightly pointed out, its laughable the way you gutter mouth nlers all claim to be from perfect homes? Was that where you learnt to act jungle and uncouth?

just asking.

4. OP and his supporters have serious self esteem issues which they try to cover by pointing fingers at other people.

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by damola1: 11:48pm On Nov 10, 2012
This is such an egocentric comment from the men.

My special one, has been exceptionally tolerating because she detested the fact that her father wasn't around later in life.

When I mean exceptionally tolerating, I mean it to the every single character in those words. so, it's even to my advantage sef....

You've to understand that people are people. And every man is unique, with his/her experience, perception, generalising don't play out. Take every person for him/her self, else, you'll make decisions that won't favour you either.
Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Nov 10, 2012
quin9:

Am with u on this!,and jus to add,what advise can such woman give her daughter when troubles arise?(marriage is NEVER all rossy)

Are you talking of advice or what the child saw her mother do. Remember "Do as I saw and not as I do" does not work. The first marriage we all know is our parent's. Our parents marriage forms a great impression on us and what we think of marriage. Even in the scenario that the mother can give the child right advice when faced with marital problems, the question the girl will ask now becomes "mummy, if this was right, why didn't you do the same thing"? Do you really think that child will take the advice?

I have a friend whose wife's parents are divorced. The wife comes from a family of six children and the she is the third. The first two that got married (both girls) got divorced in less than 3 years. I always pray for that friend because I know what he is already going through. His wife just doesn't know how to enjoy her marriage. Little issues escalate into big things and she has vowed not to take any slight rubbish from any man. She has a career like her mother and believes if her mother could take care of 6 children alone, she definitely can take care of two alone. Her mother told her many horrible stuff about men and blames her father for anything bad that happens. Even if she were driving and a drunk hit her car, it will somehow be her father's fault!

I am not saying girls from broken home cannot have good marriages, no, not at all, but please, you should be extremely careful. Such people could be extremely bitter about men and the institution of marriage! They take out all that frustration on you!
Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by tpia1: 11:54pm On Nov 10, 2012
every marriage has an effect on the products of that marriage. Whether openly broken or unbroken with characteristics of broken.

however, if you were raised to look down on people from broken homes as not good enough for marriage [unless, of course you need visa], then shouldnt your "perfect upbringing" also have imbibed you with an element of courteousness- namely, keep your opinion to yourself and if you no wan do, then waka pass quietly to whoever you find compatible or is it acceptable to yourself.
Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by stpat1(m): 11:55pm On Nov 10, 2012
tpia1: if we're talking of looseness, in nigeria, or among nigerians, can you repeat what you just stated?

I'm talking about in Nigeria, looseness as in being too free to go out or do things without the watchful eyes of the parents.
Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by NovusHomo(m): 11:56pm On Nov 10, 2012
I was married to a girl from a home that is as intact as they come. Well, guess what? The mother broke my home. How about that?
Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by candieangel12(f): 11:58pm On Nov 10, 2012
NovusHomo: I was married to a girl from a home that is intact as they come. Well, guess what? The mother broke my home. How about that?

LMAO, now this is a funny post grin
But on a more serious note, sorry for your broken home.Some parents just don't understand the concept of "crossing boundaries"
Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by coogar: 11:59pm On Nov 10, 2012
tpia1:
the question shows low IQ

1. someone with a normal IQ wont be asking anonymous strangers on the web, something that will affect him personally in this manner. Shows he has no social life or value system. Or sense for that matter.

it's called seeking a second opinion.....

2. somebody with a normal IQ will simply waka pass any girl he cant date/marry, without making an a.s.s out of himself by trying to make her look bad. You dont have to slander someone just because you cant date them- that shows low level reasoning and gutter mentality. The person you slander today might not be in the same situation tomorrow.

there's no simplicity in waka-passing.....obviously, the op had fallen in love before he realised the babe came from a broken marriage!

3. As someone rightly pointed out, its laughable the way you gutter mouth nlers all claim to be from perfect homes? Was that where you learnt to act jungle and uncouth?
just asking.

uhhnnnn??

4. OP and his supporters have serious self esteem issues which they try to cover by pointing fingers at other people.

come on - gimme a break...
what has self esteem issues got to do with this?
Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by tpia1: 11:59pm On Nov 10, 2012
I have a friend whose wife's parents are divorced. The wife comes from a family of six children and the she is the third. The first two that got married (both girls) got divorced in less than 3 years. I always pray for that friend because I know what he is already going through. His wife just doesn't know how to enjoy her marriage. Little issues escalate into big things and she has vowed not to take any slight rubbish from any man. She has a career like her mother and believes if her mother could take care of 6 children alone, she definitely can take care of two alone. Her mother told her many horrible stuff about men

so, all these nlers who rant and rail about nigerian women and are extremely misogynistic- did they learn it from their fathers?

@ per the rest of your post- i dont know what the statistics are, since divorce does not discriminate based on broken or unbroken background, but like i said before, if you cant do, then waka pass.

not everybody is meant for each other.

now, i'm not saying products of broken homes are automatic marriageable material, but the hoighty toities here are annoying with their low IQ and over sabi.
Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by tpia1: 12:00am On Nov 11, 2012
stpat1:

I'm talking about in Nigeria, looseness as in being too free to go out or do things without the watchful eyes of the parents.

are you serious?

being from a two parent home means someone cant be loose?

where did you get that from?
Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by Nobody: 12:01am On Nov 11, 2012
1.Discuss her and your family before marriage, because even your family isn't perfect
2.Her confession should tally with her physical conduct and if so
3.She must be ready/willing to work todays the resolutions you guys made
4.No matter how spiritual one may appear there must be a positive renewal of ones mind in a specific light ; if anger was the ccause of the break-up, she would have subconsciously given to it therefore must address this issue consciously.
5.Family is important, as the man you shouldn't try to amplify the problem but be the solution ; and to show how much you love her you should start with her
6.You should look up the defination of love in 1.cor.13 : its kind, harless, selfless, trust e.t.c
7.Know that your perfect family might even be her broken functionality. No two families are the same, so if you don't understand strength in differences your family will just appear to be as broken as hers.
8.What will be your strong reason for not marring a girl that you are in a fruitful relationship with.
9.The day you marry you have formed a new family with a fresh history, so whatever you want to make it that is what your marriage will be
10. Quote me any day ' No matter who you eventually marry, there is going to be a sacrifice made by you before you say I do'.
Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by Nobody: 12:03am On Nov 11, 2012
1.Discuss her and your family before marriage, because even your family isn't perfect
2.Her confession should tally with her physical conduct and if so
3.She must be ready/willing to work todays the resolutions you guys made
4.No matter how spiritual one may appear there must be a positive renewal of ones mind in a specific light ; if anger was the ccause of the break-up, she would have subconsciously given to it therefore must address this issue consciously.
5.Family is important, as the man you shouldn't try to amplify the problem but be the solution ; and to show how much you love her you should start with her
6.You should look up the defination of love in 1.cor.13 : its kind, harmless, selfless, trust e.t.c
7.Know that your perfect family might even be her broken functionality. No two families are the same, so if you don't understand strength in differences your family will just appear to be as broken as hers.
8.What will be your strong reason for not marring a girl that you are in a fruitful relationship with.
9.The day you marry you have formed a new family with a fresh history, so whatever you want to make it that is what your marriage will be
10. Quote me any day ' No matter who you eventually marry, there is going to be a sacrifice made by you before you say I do'.
Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by tpia1: 12:06am On Nov 11, 2012
What will be your strong reason for not marring a girl that you are in a fruitful relationship with.

if someone considers a broken home as a problem with him dating someone from such a background, then he should just not start a relationship to begin with.

everybody has a right to their opinion and personal preferences.

its not a crime- just dont be asking d.aft questions on the internet.

there are many factors which need to be considered when looking for a partner- broken home is just one of them.
Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by Nobody: 12:13am On Nov 11, 2012
tpia1:

if someone considers a broken home as a problem with him dating someone from such a background, then he should just not start a relationship to begin with.

everybody has a right to their opinion and personal preferences.

its not a crime- just dont be asking d.aft questions on the internet.

there are many factors which need to be considered when looking for a partner- broken home is just one of them.

Did you read the op, why the attack on a question not directed at you. Please be civil
Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by tpia1: 12:15am On Nov 11, 2012
obviously, the op had fallen in love before he realised the babe came from a broken marriage!

then he should fall out of love if her background is a problem for him.

na by force?

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by tpia1: 12:17am On Nov 11, 2012
sadeiyare:

Did you read the op, why the attack on a question not directed at you. Please be civil

the statement in question wasnt directed at you.

i already mentioned before, i consider the thread a product of low IQ.

Na today nlers dey open s.tupid threads?

in any case, the poster could have used the search function if he wasnt being intentionally d.aft.

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by dBard: 12:19am On Nov 11, 2012
SELFWORTH:

I guess this is a disease that runs in your family ONLY because am sure every broken home in your family must have the same symptons for you to have such accurate diagnosis...

Stupid people are PLENTY on NL!!!

U sir are a Goat. I'll not descend t Ur level t insult ones family but its obvious hw good a job dey did wit u considering ur reply. Idiots like u r d type dat speak a good game but will make f d nearest hill wen confronted wit such. maladjusted waste product of watery sperm..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BUSTED: Cheating Wife Caught In The Act & Forced To Have $ex With Her Boyfriend / Advice On How To Annul A Traditional Marriage / Children Calling Their Father By His Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.