Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,652 members, 7,889,114 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 11:33 PM

Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? (17084 Views)

7 Advantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook! / 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook / Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by tpia1: 8:28pm On Nov 11, 2012
well, in any case, it's soon going to be very hard to even meet anyone who isnt from a broken home, when dating, so whoever is hyperventilating over products of broken marriages, had better find some way of identifying those who meet their criteria.

percentage of broken homes among nigerians is rising.
Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by coogar: 8:33pm On Nov 11, 2012
tpia1: well, in any case, it's soon going to be very hard to even meet anyone who isnt from a broken home, when dating, so whoever is hyperventilating over products of broken marriages, had better find some way of identifying those who meet their criteria.

percentage of broken homes among nigerians is rising.

tpia, are you from a broken home or why are you passionate about this topic like it's a government contract?
Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 11, 2012
this topic again!!!!!!!!!

imagine if Michelle Obama had this mentality when her husband asked for her hand in marriage.
Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by tpia1: 3:34am On Nov 12, 2012
@ coogar

wait for answers to your questions on the interview thread.

in the meantime, ask your cronies to stop spamming the forum with this same topic.

na so una jobless reach?
Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by tpia1: 3:47am On Nov 12, 2012
stpat1:

I wonder why its so hard for you understand this simple logic. I lived in a neighbourhood with kids and friends from both situation. I have friend that were being taken care of by single parents. When were always free to go and do what they liked right from when school closes till when their mum or Dad closes and comes home in the night. All the parents needed to do was ensure there was food in the fridge for them when they get back from school or the others family gives money for lunch. I know how the females ones amongst them also fared. They were more exposed to different stuffs to early as expected when growing up is such situation where there is little or no supervision.

Even the ones whose parents remarried didn't fare too differently because I notice their step mum was always very careful not to make them feel unloved and by this always let them have their way. Unlike other kids with both parents. Others have to live with their grand parents cos they were not comfortable with their step parents and you know grand parents are not usually wary or strong enough to instill the needed discipline and lessons of life to these kids.

I hope with this I've not confused you the more.

hmm, interesting but not accurate.

immorality isnt always a function of broken homes.

true, products of such homes might be a target for loose and immoral people, but that doesnt mean products of two parent homes cant also be immoral.

it depends on what values you were raised with, and what you admire in your parents or background, which you consider normal [even if its not].

i think a couple of posters have explained this in detail.
Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by ideee03(f): 7:23am On Nov 12, 2012
k2039: Op when did the marital status of one's parent became a requirement for getting married.

For Christ sake,my parent's are seperated,does it mean I wont be a good husband or Father.

For the records,I know I will make a better husband and father because of what I went through,I know the effect a seperated home has kisson a child,I'm a victim.The last thing I want is my children going through thesame thing I went through.

So,Op it has nothing to do with parents marital status,it has everything to do with the individual,you must have been friends with her enough to know her for who she is,if you are satisfied with her character,then I see no reason why you shouldnt proceed to marriage.
well said...u deserve a peck on ur forehead for this.
Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by k2039: 8:04am On Nov 12, 2012
ideee03: well said...u deserve a peck on ur forehead for this.
Thanks.
Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by coogar: 11:44am On Nov 12, 2012
tpia1: @ coogar
wait for answers to your questions on the interview thread.

in the meantime, ask your cronies to stop spamming the forum with this same topic.
na so una jobless reach?

who are the cronies?
what is wrong with anyone asking questions on a forum? isn't that the purpose of a forum in the first place? where people can ask questions, seek answers and share ideas?
Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by satuma10: 2:41pm On Jun 24, 2016
Marrying from a broken home is 70/30% because the scripture says you should train a child the way he/she will grow so when they grow old, they will not depart from it and this is applicable to this because a child that grew up in a family that mother and father fights daily will grow up to see it as a normal way of life REMEMBER the impact of our environment to our lifestyle or future. Please if you are a parent, please behave well before your children.

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by Exceed15: 9:41pm On Jul 28, 2023
Everything is wrong with it . Don't fall for it.
Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by ugreat(m): 6:09am On Jan 07
A serious issue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

There Are Still Good days in Marriage. / Amazing Child Birth Stories / Is It Right To Hide Or Belittle Yourself To Find "Wife Material?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.