Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,360 members, 7,947,587 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 01:20 AM

<<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> (76655 Views)

<<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by jslimz(f): 11:23am On Feb 09, 2013
That witch is interferring again. What's gonna happen this time?

Mynd please hit us with another update. pls
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 11:54am On Feb 09, 2013
j-slimz:
That witch is interferring again. What's gonna happen this time?

Mynd please hit us with another update. pls
Soon....
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by AngelEbi(f): 10:42pm On Feb 09, 2013
She hasn't learnt her lesson. SMH
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by sigba(f): 11:14pm On Feb 09, 2013
This story is highly unpredictable. Dunno what to expect next. U re doing a great job Mynd. keep it up.
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by kulboy(m): 9:56pm On Feb 11, 2013
Mynd Goddammit finish this story. This kinda suspense is unhealthy for my Brain angry

1 Like

Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Obinnau(m): 5:18pm On Feb 12, 2013
Mynd we beg u in the name of sango.
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 6:50pm On Feb 14, 2013
The clouds which had started to clear gathered once more but this time because both parties were calling powers so strong. The clouds were thick and black, the atmosphere charged as both parties faced a confrontation.

Ojoade walked closer to the figure and he saw that it was humanoid. At least that eased his fear of it being an animal and from the looks of it, it was female. An old female who seemed to be taking care of the child but something did not add up. How did she show up all of a sudden? And the fact that she survived the fire made him more suspicious of her so he chose not to let his guard down but he also realized that even if he was ready to strike her, she was carrying the child and striking her with anything he had might also kill that child but still he was not in the mood to let this slide and whatever she was up to, he would not let her come through with it.

He stopped when he almost got to her and called out.

“That child belongs to me, hand it over”

The old woman was expecting whoever or whatever it was that had the human shape and was coming out of the clearing to come with a vengeance and attack her first but when she heard the voice come through, she was surprised. The voice was no doubt human as she has heard gods talk directly to her and their voices had always been tainted by the enormous power the god carried. In fact, what makes people fear the gods more is the voice as the force it hits a human with is incomparable but this voice was not that strong, it carried power but not enough power to be compared to a god.

She answered back.

“I have never seen anyone who owns a child and leave the child in the middle of an inferno. How am I sure he is yours? And the fact that you don’t even know the sex of your boy tells me you don’t own him”

She paused and watched the composure of the person and she continued.

“And what exactly happened here? The dead bodies, the fire and the patches in the ground, it seems to me like you just killed these people and this poor boy is next. I won’t allow that happen and so don’t issue threats at me”

The words hit Ojoade hard. He saw the wisdom behind the words the woman had spoken and a part of him told him that she was harmless. Infact, the words made him relax so much, the hammer left his hand as he found himself letting go of most of the power around him.

The clouds began to give way as Ojoade walked closer to the woman. She did not bother looking up towards him because she already had him in her view. She had surrounded the entire place around her with her energy and any movement in the surrounded registered within her informing her of who and what made what move anything made. The stranger walked closer to her and for some reason, she felt he was familiar to her but she did not know where from. The bands of energy around him was foreign to her and it smelled like brimstone and a mix of sulphur but that might have come from anywhere. He kept walking towards her but slowly and cautiously as it appeared that even he was afraid for some reason.

Ojoade walked up to the woman and he could see her clearly. It was apparent that her age was high but it felt unnaturally high. She was bent and might have difficulty walking but she found her way to this place fast then he noticed that the baby in her hands was not moving and he got confused. The thought that the child might be sleeping came but it was not a comforting one. He did not know a lot about babies but babies can’t go to sleep that fast and the woman did not seem bothered so the child might not be dead.

He got so close to her that he could touch her if he stretched his hand and she looked like he would tip her over if he pushed hard enough. He said to her in a low voice;

“Is he sleeping?”

He saw her face rise and he understood why she could have been there and survived the fire, he saw why she was not so afraid and what he had stupidly not checked. Her face said it all as she had the same look in her eyes of all those of her type he has seen. Soulless eyes that looked like they were floating in their sockets, withered, dried and scaly skin as a result of the power residing under their mortal skin.

She is a FIEND.

All of a sudden he made to summon a spell but she did the most remarkable thing, she looked into his eyes and he felt like he was falling as she saw directly into his soul.

The old woman stared and saw what she could not believe. She knew the person felt familiar but she did not realize that he was this close to her. She looked out of his eyes.

“You are really something son. The gods have really preserved you for a purpose”

Ojoade did not reply but he looked in her arms and saw that the child was not there.

“Where is he? What did you do with him, you witch?”

She broke into a smile.

“There is no need for the name calling, I could go along with you and call you a murderer for killing your own mother but that would not really be flattering would it?”

He looked puzzled unable to understand what she said.

“I killed my mother?”

“Yes you did, search yourself and you would see young man, your powers are from Sango and you have learnt to use them well too. I am happy you have grown to be this strong and brave but we should not talk here, people might see the flames from far and try to see what is happening. The baby is back at my house and you are welcome to join me”

He nodded and she turned around and beckoned him to follow as she disappeared and showed up in her bedroom. Ojoade followed her and found himself in an old house. There was a single bed there and lots of old pots. The appearance did not really surprising as his own place was not so different.

On the bed was the child but he was not naked anymore as he had been cleaned and dressed. He was feeding from a cup which was suspended in mid-air and he was really not interested in knowing what held it up.

“Make yourself at home, I made some pounded yam just this afternoon if you are interested in eating”

I am not so hungry was his reply.

The old woman heard him and was happy. At least I will eat my food alone, she thought to herself as she fetched it and walked back into the room to see him still standing. She continued her monologue. I have asked him to sit down and he did not, I offered food, he refused, I am done with hospitality.

She started eating her food which had been kept warm by her spell.

“So do you recognize me at all” She asked.

Ojoade did not but he had a feeling he knew her. His father had told him of a witch who acted as his mid-wife and also helped him when they went to see the oracle and the oracle tried to kill him.

“Yes I know you, you were the one who saved me from Ifamuyiwa when I was younger”

She smiled and took another handful of pounded yam and a nice piece of meat.

“I am not that person. That was my twin sister and she is dead. But that does not take away the fact that I am not connected to you as her saving your life also saved her and brought her to the path of life. It was when she turned good that her initiates killed her. So in a way, you are responsible for her death. You are also responsible for your father’s death and due to all these events. I don’t see how you can lay claim to this child, you will probably cause his death too”

Words failed him. He could not believe the old witch was death but the words from her was true; he felt that in his bones and believed it. He was also responsible for his father’s death which was true but it was not his fault, the gods had always dealt him the worst cards and now, those cards are being called his fault. He felt anger begin to rise within him and heard the old woman’s voice.

“Your anger is pointless to me”

2 Likes

Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Nobody: 8:08pm On Feb 14, 2013
Nice! But short. Check for some typos though. Path for part, dead for death. Kudos.
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by ijebabe: 2:49pm On Feb 16, 2013
See the nerve of the witch sha, like she can stand against Sango angry

I hope Ojoade doesn't let his guard down, he should be emotionally mature and not let anger rule him.
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by ayobase(m): 1:32pm On Feb 17, 2013
Mynd, can I ask you how many times I have commented on this thread.....I decided to give u a break!

For the past weeks now, I decided not to read as u post, but decided to come over when the time is right for you to have RESPONSIBLY completed the story, and here we are STILL!

Mr. Man no provoke me, come finish this story na.....IM DAMN SERIOUS!

This is an unusual piece I have fallen in love with long time ago....I wanna see the end.

COME FINISH UP BUDDY, even if na to recap the left parts!

Weldone for the good job so far sha!
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by ayobase(m): 1:33pm On Feb 17, 2013
And I have this feeling that ajebabe knows about how this story ends! wink
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 1:35pm On Feb 17, 2013
ayobase: And I have this feeling that ajebabe knows about how this story ends! wink
She disturbs me more than you sef...
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by ayobase(m): 1:40pm On Feb 17, 2013
Mynd_44:
She disturbs me more than you sef...

I knew it...that amebo no go allow u rest!
NL NO.1 aproko mistress!
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 1:41pm On Feb 17, 2013
ayobase:

NL NO.1 aproko mistress!
Na you talk am ooo. Before she does a story on you
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Nobody: 2:02pm On Feb 17, 2013
ayobase:

NL NO.1 aproko mistress!
na true talk be dt o. She s d no 1 aproko mistress.
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by ijebabe: 2:14pm On Feb 17, 2013
ayobase:

NL NO.1 aproko mistress!
Lol, you no well! Why can't I disturb him, does that make me amebo?

Damex333: na true talk be dt o. She s d no 1 aproko mistress.
Wetin come be your own, eh? tongue
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by ijebabe: 2:15pm On Feb 17, 2013
ayobase: And I have this feeling that ajebabe knows about how this story ends! wink
As his muse, I should tongue
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by ayobase(m): 6:43pm On Feb 17, 2013
ijebabe:
As his muse, I should tongue

Hmmmm....so u r the sole reason behind the stunt Mynd is pulling on here...u guys better come out PROPER!
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by ayobase(m): 6:45pm On Feb 17, 2013
ijebabe:
Lol, you no well! Why can't I disturb him, does that make me amebo?

Being a muse is different, and being an amebo is another!

With what I have observed so far, in terms of Mynd, u aint no AMEBO!
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 6:57pm On Feb 17, 2013
ayobase:

Hmmmm....so u r the sole reason behind the stunt Mynd is pulling on here...u guys better come out PROPER!
Stunt? I am not pulling a stunt ooo. I am real busy here
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 6:59pm On Feb 17, 2013
ayobase:

Being a muse is different, and being an amebo is another!

With what I have observed so far, in terms of Mynd, u aint no AMEBO!
Whay are you talking about?
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by ayobase(m): 11:24pm On Feb 17, 2013
Mynd_44:
Whay are you talking about?

Just upload first Mr. Busy Man!
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Nobody: 12:33am On Feb 18, 2013
Wahala ds ayo man dey vex o, mynd i don't envy ur position now o.
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by ijebabe: 9:34am On Feb 18, 2013
ayobase:

Just upload first Mr. Busy Man!
Hehe, ur confused too right?
Abegi, Mynd will post when he can.
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by ijebabe: 9:35am On Feb 18, 2013
Damex333: Wahala ds ayo man dey vex o, mynd i don't envy ur position now o.
Don't mind Ayo jare.
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by ayobase(m): 12:52pm On Feb 18, 2013
I will stop commenting until we gat updateS here.....

"Muse" go do something....go and inspire him...Na only God knows how u dey inspire the guy sef....does he speak in tongues?

Updates pls Mynd, oko Muse!
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Ice4jez(m): 12:02am On Feb 19, 2013
mynd since i start reading ur story when i join this koboland its two story i know u with and even one u ve not finished.well done oh
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by ayobase(m): 12:04am On Feb 19, 2013
U see ur life now!
Its like this "muse" is not helping matters again, try another goddess na!
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 5:32am On Feb 19, 2013
ayobase: U see ur life now!
Its like this "muse" is not helping matters again, try another goddess na!
Ayo, seriously you are not helping. These pressure for me to finish might just end in me dropping updates that are below standards
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by dubem3(m): 7:08am On Feb 19, 2013
from hence forth let everybody leave mynd alone. if you wanna talk to him then talk to me. Ayo am sure you and cohorts can hear me. Dont even think of sending him a pm cos i have access to that too. Mynd you can report anybody that comes hard at you for updates and while ur at it, carry your double left leg come post another update.
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by ayobase(m): 5:37pm On Feb 19, 2013
Mynd_44:
Ayo, seriously you are not helping. These pressure for me to finish might just end in me dropping updates that are below standards

Okay, take your time then....let's not rush things....but,.......
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Ollyfad(f): 6:56pm On Feb 23, 2013
mynd wia art thou?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (29) (Reply)

Mending Fences (romance) / Magic Doctor: CEO Lady's Humble Husband [A Story] / Na Man Wey I Be: A Breaking Bad Story...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.