Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,740 members, 7,908,872 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 01:28 PM

Why I Left Banking For Dangote Truck Drivers Job - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why I Left Banking For Dangote Truck Drivers Job (20589 Views)

Graduate -why I Left Banking For Dangote Truck Drivers Job - / Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers / Giving Up Banking For London South Bank University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Left Banking For Dangote Truck Drivers Job by naijathings(m): 9:36am On Nov 12, 2012
two thumbs up to Dangote group for not making this a show of shame, rather, making this a venture that any reasonable person would be happy to be a part of.
Honestly, i thought it was a stupid idea in the beginning but i now i have been reading and listening to testimonies of people who are part of this and I am
impressed. I hope the evil spirit of "magu-magu" and "wuru-wuru" keep away from this. Thumbs up.
Re: Why I Left Banking For Dangote Truck Drivers Job by DidiLove1: 9:36am On Nov 12, 2012
سحيميظل: Leave a 180k job where I sit in d office all day, with AC for one that pays 80k under harsh conditions, hmmm...

He didnt leave banking for the driving job, he left banking cos he married his colleague and both cant work in the same organization.
Re: Why I Left Banking For Dangote Truck Drivers Job by asala1: 9:37am On Nov 12, 2012
P.U.S.H:
NITT @ truck driving...Another wuruwuru name to chop people money. Better brand it Nigeria Institute of truck-driving technology.
I believe NITT has been there before you were born. Learn.
Re: Why I Left Banking For Dangote Truck Drivers Job by Kingslaw(m): 9:43am On Nov 12, 2012
Please o. Put God first in whatever thing you want to do in life.the way and manner this man trucks are crashing in Rivers state even in clean roads killing people . Please drive and pray!
Re: Why I Left Banking For Dangote Truck Drivers Job by onyewec3: 9:45am On Nov 12, 2012
sitasie :
people,make a living from something that is comsumerate to your level of education,athawise soon u go here PHD holders claiming to be mortuary attendants.
did the wife accept such a demeaning fallback position?
angry angry

I still find it hard to believe dis guy story because I can't imagine a phD holder working in a bank @ 1st!!
Apart frm dat,I stil don't agree wit dis dude on d ground dat he applied for truck drivin because he lost his job...as a PhD holder who has wrkd in a bank alongside his wife does it mean dat he hasn't saved upto to d extent that he can venture into business? @least create sme sort of job for secondary sch leavers? Does it mean he cannot apply to take up a teachin job where he will train like minds?even if its secondary sch?I believe as a PhD holder,he shld b well equiped wit info to make relevant choices rather dan choose to b a truck driver...is truck drivin a skilled labour? If No,I think we still have decent sec sch leavers who does nt wnt to further educatn and who will b willing 2 b a good and responsioble truck drivers...the importnt thing is "we r entitiled to our choices" bt for a PhD holder I couldn't resist pourin out my dissatisfaction.
Re: Why I Left Banking For Dangote Truck Drivers Job by wengerjay(m): 9:46am On Nov 12, 2012
I hope this is nt endangering the lives of our graduates to road mishaps.Covering 300,000km and the truck becomes urs.What a task!Do we call this an underemployment or wht?May God rescue the jobless youths.
Re: Why I Left Banking For Dangote Truck Drivers Job by Nobody: 9:49am On Nov 12, 2012
Ournaija: When next Dangote will be advertising for truck drivers, no database will be able to contain the number of applicants. wink

lol
Re: Why I Left Banking For Dangote Truck Drivers Job by sirt1(m): 9:50am On Nov 12, 2012
The topic is misleading. The guy didnt leave banking job to become truck driver. He was out of job cos he got married to a colleague which is against the banking policy.... But at the same time, I salute his courage and I wish him well.
Re: Why I Left Banking For Dangote Truck Drivers Job by omenziate(m): 9:52am On Nov 12, 2012
U spend close to 13yrs of hardwork to get a PhD in Nigeria only to drive trucks in dis killer Naija road. Dis dude is seriously disillusioned. And the whole write-up is disgusting to say the least. I would say d news is fabricated. What message is he even trying to pass and hw many nairalanders would want their children wit PHd's end up as Truck drivers for whoever. All the congratulatory messages to me na just eye service. Dis dude is seriously disillusioned.
Re: Why I Left Banking For Dangote Truck Drivers Job by sirp2007: 9:55am On Nov 12, 2012
سحيميظل: Leave a 180k job where I sit in d office all day, with AC for one that pays 80k under harsh conditions, hmmm...

did u read d post at all or u skip d part tht said he had been laid off cos of his marrying a colleague?
Re: Why I Left Banking For Dangote Truck Drivers Job by saintini: 9:56am On Nov 12, 2012
onyewec3:

I still find it hard to believe dis guy story because I can't imagine a phD holder working in a bank @ 1st!!
Apart frm dat,I stil don't agree wit dis dude on d ground dat he applied for truck drivin because he lost his job...as a PhD holder who has wrkd in a bank alongside his wife does it mean dat he hasn't saved upto to d extent that he can venture into business? @least create sme sort of job for secondary sch leavers? Does it mean he cannot apply to take up a teachin job where he will train like minds?even if its secondary sch?I believe as a PhD holder,he shld b well equiped wit info to make relevant choices rather dan choose to b a truck driver...is truck drivin a skilled labour? If No,I think we still have decent sec sch leavers who does nt wnt to further educatn and who will b willing 2 b a good and responsioble truck drivers...the importnt thing is "we r entitiled to our choices" bt for a PhD holder I couldn't resist pourin out my dissatisfaction.
there's nothing in this report that says the guy is a PHD holder. U must hv got d story mixed up.
Re: Why I Left Banking For Dangote Truck Drivers Job by Jummsy(f): 9:58am On Nov 12, 2012
jt2010:

From the above statement, it is very certain that the guy is jobless as at the time he apply for the job!!!! So your post heading is very misleading....ur post should have read... Ex-banker apply to be a Dangote Truck Driver)
True!! I can bet that if that guy still had the banking job, he may not have even known that dangote was recruiting truck drivers.
Re: Why I Left Banking For Dangote Truck Drivers Job by mkoabiola: 9:59am On Nov 12, 2012
Na woman push d guy to truck driving cos he married hs colleague.wat a wise decision.anyway,man mus chop.
Jeje de drive oooo.
Btw oo,if he didint marry hs colleague ,wud he resign for truck driving.
Re: Why I Left Banking For Dangote Truck Drivers Job by dhanmccoy: 9:59am On Nov 12, 2012
yunafa: if this is a true story then show us his picture pls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What do you want his picture for? It's not relevant to the story. Besides, he's married. All these Nairaland babes grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why I Left Banking For Dangote Truck Drivers Job by drmax(m): 10:01am On Nov 12, 2012
A wonderful initiative from Dangote. This is to show unemployed graduate Nigerians that there are lots of opportunities waiting to be explored out side white collar jobs.
Re: Why I Left Banking For Dangote Truck Drivers Job by kenlash: 10:08am On Nov 12, 2012
The topic is totally misleading, d guy wasn't a banker , he had left d banking job a yl before he got dis truck diving job.
Re: Why I Left Banking For Dangote Truck Drivers Job by Revolva(m): 10:11am On Nov 12, 2012
yunafa: if this is a true story then show us his picture pls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shut up if you no dey see you no dey hear - everything you want pics are the pple that posted this in the newspaper satelite- what's is there abi have you not been hearing the dangote truck driver employment hiss - well snart one dangote after some years the driver owns the truck -- unlike those yeye pastors cruising private jet who can't help the society at large
Re: Why I Left Banking For Dangote Truck Drivers Job by mu2sa2: 10:26am On Nov 12, 2012
What's first degree, masters or PhD? Just a piece of paper. It's the stuff in your head that matters. Kudos to the fellows that hav taken up this challenge from Dangote for their pioneering spirit. this job gives u independence and u make more money than any organisation(govt or private)will pay u. You hav a lot of free time at your disposal- eg Lagos to PH maybe 30 hrs, u lodge at a choice hotel for a day or two (u can afford it now), return to ur family in lagos for 2-3 days before another trip. The trucks are fully air-conditioned and very comfortable to drive. In fact this job will be fun.
Re: Why I Left Banking For Dangote Truck Drivers Job by Pk001(m): 10:28am On Nov 12, 2012

“I had to leave the banking industry when I married my colleague, because the human resource policy then did not allow spouses to work in the same office. I felt that my wife should stay behind while I as a man would look around for something to do. It wasn’t easy, because the job was not forthcoming as I thought. I attended a couple of interviews at different places, but I didn’t get what I was looking for.

From what I understand he was forced to leave banking Job because he and wife were working in the same bank, not because of Dangote Truck Driving. So the topic should have read, former bank worker now Dangote truck driver.
Re: Why I Left Banking For Dangote Truck Drivers Job by ecosanders: 10:30am On Nov 12, 2012

Y Must u c hìs pix? Am wit hm rite nw at d center.
Re: Why I Left Banking For Dangote Truck Drivers Job by victorD3: 10:42am On Nov 12, 2012
I know someone that left first Bank too because he married his colleague and he is struggling like a church rat now. Job is very hard to get in Nigeria so its high time people consider many options before taking some action.

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Banking For Dangote Truck Drivers Job by Edozie13(m): 11:00am On Nov 12, 2012
I just pray these set don't go failing breaks and killing people
Re: Why I Left Banking For Dangote Truck Drivers Job by lawizle(m): 11:02am On Nov 12, 2012
mu2sa2: What's first degree, masters or PhD? Just a piece of paper. It's the stuff in your head that matters. Kudos to the fellows that hav taken up this challenge from Dangote for their pioneering spirit. this job gives u independence and u make more money than any organisation(govt or private)will pay u. You hav a lot of free time at your disposal- eg Lagos to PH maybe 30 hrs, u lodge at a choice hotel for a day or two (u can afford it now), return to ur family in lagos for 2-3 days before another trip. The trucks are fully air-conditioned and very comfortable to drive. In fact this job will be fun.

You no tok about high way robbers...
Re: Why I Left Banking For Dangote Truck Drivers Job by chakula: 11:04am On Nov 12, 2012
Awake9ja: total nonsense. this guy is fake and the story is falsify.

pls tell this gabage to almajiris in kano.

Guy you are not serious why must you relate your senselessness to Kano and by the way what Kano and its populate has to do with this thread Please when next keep away your sight from any thread if you don't have a meaningful contribution asap.
Re: Why I Left Banking For Dangote Truck Drivers Job by yinkard4me(m): 11:06am On Nov 12, 2012
Yomieluv: What's the big deal there? I left a prison warden job,to become a Nanny for old people.
MAN... Pls can my grandmother enrol? She's just 97yrs old.
Re: Why I Left Banking For Dangote Truck Drivers Job by Evie007: 11:06am On Nov 12, 2012
Those dangote drivers are being paid 300k minus allowances on please do they take female drivers?
Re: Why I Left Banking For Dangote Truck Drivers Job by Nobody: 11:06am On Nov 12, 2012
Yomieluv: What's the big deal there? I left a prison warden job,to become a Nanny for old people.
just when we are reading good comments you come drop dis your own. I hope its not Nigerian prison warden o.
Re: Why I Left Banking For Dangote Truck Drivers Job by mazaje(m): 11:16am On Nov 12, 2012
I read somewhere that the salary they will be paid as drivers is btw 250-300k per month. Is that true?
Re: Why I Left Banking For Dangote Truck Drivers Job by sauceEEP(m): 11:19am On Nov 12, 2012
IYA NGBALI: how long is the some times?I hope its not eternity?
they get to own the truck once they reach 300,000 mileage. Technically speaking, a hard working driver can achieve that mileage within two years but it would take the lazy ones four years to actualise.
Re: Why I Left Banking For Dangote Truck Drivers Job by tunapawizzy: 11:23am On Nov 12, 2012

verify before u start blabbing....d guy has made a choice that suit him...make yours and stop being a blind critic
Re: Why I Left Banking For Dangote Truck Drivers Job by sauceEEP(m): 11:23am On Nov 12, 2012
Edozie13: I just pray these set don't go failing breaks and killing people
its a brand new factory fitted AC truck with state of the art safety gadget inbuilt.
Re: Why I Left Banking For Dangote Truck Drivers Job by leonshom(m): 11:30am On Nov 12, 2012
Is it every1 dat travels abroad engages in all sort of dirty Jobs like cleaning toilets and washin stuff like dat ! U can get a good Job abroad if u av wot it takes,xxpecially a learned person.
There are so lots of danger attached to dis truck driving,buh make God help u, make u scale thru !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This / Lose Weight Or You Risk Losing Your Job. Customs Boss Charge Officers / Oceanic Bank Sack Over 1500 Staffs In 30days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.