Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,153 members, 7,896,907 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 02:14 AM

Your Top Five Motivational Books For Entrepreneurs - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Your Top Five Motivational Books For Entrepreneurs (14317 Views)

. / 21 Top Nigerian Motivational Speakers You Should Connect With! / Where To Get Motivational Books At Wholesale Prices In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Top Five Motivational Books For Entrepreneurs by Nobody: 9:15pm On Nov 25, 2012
I will list them in order of significance and importance to my business acumen. These books changed everything about me. I've started two companies, I've risen and fallen with invaluable ideas and experiences.

1. Rich Dad's guide to investing.
2. Rich Dad's 21st century business
3. How to make money out of thin air--Brian Sher.
4. How to get customers and keep them for life.---Micheal Lebouf.
5. 100 absolutely unbreakable laws of business success--Brian Tracy.
Re: Your Top Five Motivational Books For Entrepreneurs by odehaj: 9:18pm On Nov 25, 2012
1-5 The Bible.

4 Likes

Re: Your Top Five Motivational Books For Entrepreneurs by Nobody: 9:18pm On Nov 25, 2012
Itoroetti :
I've never read "grin richest man in Babylon".will try and read.meanwhile,my best is "Goals"by Brain tracy.just try and read it.
Itoroetti :
I've never read "grin richest man in Babylon".will try and read.meanwhile,my best is "Goals"by Brain tracy.just try and read it.
Brian's books are so hard for me to read. Like they are not in touch with reality.
Re: Your Top Five Motivational Books For Entrepreneurs by Epuddicombe: 9:20pm On Nov 25, 2012
The Prosperity Bible
Re: Your Top Five Motivational Books For Entrepreneurs by Tyche(m): 9:22pm On Nov 25, 2012
The Master key system

Richest man in babylon

Message to Gracia

Every street is paved with gold
Re: Your Top Five Motivational Books For Entrepreneurs by Abali1(m): 9:23pm On Nov 25, 2012
The Richest Man In Babylon, simply used the principle of thithing. But instead of paying 10% to a pastor, you pay the money to yourself.
And make sure you pay yourself FIRST, before paying any other person. Also be consistent in paying yourself AT LEAST that required 10%.
Re: Your Top Five Motivational Books For Entrepreneurs by cordj2: 9:27pm On Nov 25, 2012
I recommend these two books for any entrepreneur
The 12 Universal Laws of Success by Herbert Harris
The Science of Getting Rich by Wallace D. Wattles
Re: Your Top Five Motivational Books For Entrepreneurs by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 25, 2012
As a Man Thinketh

The Laws of Success

The Magic of Thinking Big.

The New Psycho Cybernetics.

The Richest Man in Babylon.

The Greatest Salesman in the World.

The above are the books that changed my life. My advice is that you should read as few books with high quality principles as possible then read them as many times as possible while practicing the principles in real life religiously.

Success is not about what you know, but what you do with what you know.

2 Likes

Re: Your Top Five Motivational Books For Entrepreneurs by Nobody: 9:38pm On Nov 25, 2012
Abali1: The Richest Man In Babylon, simply used the principle of thithing. But instead of paying 10% to a pastor, you pay the money to yourself.
And make sure you pay yourself FIRST, before paying any other person. Also be consistent in paying yourself AT LEAST that required 10%.

You are very right about the 10 percent principle in this book.

But the book also contains more powerful principles than just this one.
Re: Your Top Five Motivational Books For Entrepreneurs by billionairesjg(m): 9:44pm On Nov 25, 2012
Personally, four books have influenced me the most and helped my business which I started with 900,000 naira two years ago, grow to a worth of about 10 million naira now.
They are-
1. The Bible- especially Deut 8:18
2. The E-Myth revisited by Michael Gerber
3.The E-Myth manager by Michael Gerber
4. Rich dads guide to investing by Robert Kiyosaki.

Gerber's books are MUST READS!!!

1 Like

Re: Your Top Five Motivational Books For Entrepreneurs by 1forall: 9:45pm On Nov 25, 2012
This is a good topic but as it involves books/reading I'd like to see how far responses develop and their nature in general. Maybe it'll help one to disprove the claim by some people that Nigerians (esp youth) are intellectually lazy and don't like to read wink

As for the topic all I had in mind has been mentioned already sad but it's great to see others' picks.

Well I did read Donald Trump's Think like a billionaire but don't feel like recommending it as it read like he was bragging a bit, but you can check it out if you're curious enough.
Re: Your Top Five Motivational Books For Entrepreneurs by EyesWideOpen(m): 9:46pm On Nov 25, 2012
Bookmarking this thread at once!
Re: Your Top Five Motivational Books For Entrepreneurs by omotayokay: 9:59pm On Nov 25, 2012
virtuoso01:

You are very right about the 10 percent principle in this book.

But the book also contains more powerful principles than just this one.
Yes! Like meeting the gooddess of goodluck, investing wisely, hardworking,..etc! Really, the wisdom in the book endures.
Re: Your Top Five Motivational Books For Entrepreneurs by greaterlove(m): 9:59pm On Nov 25, 2012
ayandee: All these books are available at booksmart ventures. Call or Send a text to 08029440614 stating preferred title and your location. Our delivery agents would deliver the books at your doorstep.
do u deliver in abuja? i have some books i need asap.
Re: Your Top Five Motivational Books For Entrepreneurs by rozayx5(m): 10:00pm On Nov 25, 2012
wont be surprised if this thread has a low response, cos nothiing to criticize here grin
my list , undecided
rich dad poor dad
multiple streams of income
forex trading for maximum profits
think like a millionaire

too many to mention cool
Re: Your Top Five Motivational Books For Entrepreneurs by bily(m): 10:04pm On Nov 25, 2012
100 absolutely unbreakable laws of business success- Brian Tracy
Re: Your Top Five Motivational Books For Entrepreneurs by ehiotoye(f): 10:04pm On Nov 25, 2012
D millionaire in and all d rich Dad Series
Re: Your Top Five Motivational Books For Entrepreneurs by rozayx5(m): 10:05pm On Nov 25, 2012
1forall: This is a good topic but as it involves books/reading I'd like to see how far responses develop and their nature in general. Maybe it'll help one to disprove the claim by some people that Nigerians (esp youth) are intellectually lazy and don't like to read wink

As for the topic all I had in mind has been mentioned already sad but it's great to see others' picks.

Well I did read Donald Trump's Think like a billionaire but don't feel like recommending it as it read like he was bragging a bit, but you can check it out if you're curious enough.

you and the OP are very right about book influence on the mind.
i had that go to school mentality, but rich dad poor dad crushed it at the right time, which was exactly when i left high school, so instead of breeding for the labor market i started breeding myself to be an employer of labor, i dropped out and developed my entrepreneurial skills, and i have nothing to regret, cause as an entrepreneur you have no limits cool
Nice thread smiley

3 Likes

Re: Your Top Five Motivational Books For Entrepreneurs by omoobajeje1(m): 10:05pm On Nov 25, 2012
How much does each cost with cost of delivery within Lagos?
ayandee: All these books are available at booksmart ventures. Call or Send a text to 08029440614 stating preferred title and your location. Our delivery agents would deliver the books at your doorstep.
Re: Your Top Five Motivational Books For Entrepreneurs by greaterlove(m): 10:07pm On Nov 25, 2012
omotayokay:
Yes! Like meeting the gooddess of goodluck, investing wisely, hardworking,..etc! Really, the wisdom in the book endures.
that book is really a classic and the principles can still be used today and will still be relevant in the future. please i am recommending it and also the science of getting rich to everyone, the beautiful thing is that they can be downloaded for free.
Re: Your Top Five Motivational Books For Entrepreneurs by Nobody: 10:11pm On Nov 25, 2012
omotayokay:

Principles like the following:

(1)Who do you listen to.

(2)Self Control

(3)Accurate Thought.

(4) Learning from failure. etc.

You see if you practice the principles that such books teaches,and you stick to them, your boarders will keep expanding in everything you do.
Re: Your Top Five Motivational Books For Entrepreneurs by EyesWideOpen(m): 10:12pm On Nov 25, 2012
btw, this one book helps me like no other;
THE SECRET OF THE AGES by Robert T. Collier (the best book I've ever read!)
Re: Your Top Five Motivational Books For Entrepreneurs by Nobody: 10:18pm On Nov 25, 2012
EyesWideOpen: btw, this one book helps me like no other;
THE SECRET OF THE AGES by Robert T. Collier (the best book I've ever read!)

The principles in that book are eternal.
They can never die.
Re: Your Top Five Motivational Books For Entrepreneurs by Emmy9ite(m): 10:20pm On Nov 25, 2012
Thanks y'all for the response. Thanks to the mods. My notepad is filled with recommended books now. Going to the nearest bookstore to order for more books tomorrow.
Re: Your Top Five Motivational Books For Entrepreneurs by shocks(m): 10:27pm On Nov 25, 2012
BUSINESS @ THE SPEED OF THOUGHT By Bill Gates. A must read for anyone who wants to take advantage of leverage opportunities in today's digital world to grow their businesses. I recommend it for both budding and established business owners.
Re: Your Top Five Motivational Books For Entrepreneurs by felifeli: 10:29pm On Nov 25, 2012
You only need The Holy Bible as long as you don't read it as a religious book.It shows you great examples of how to relate to people and also succeed in any kind of business.
Re: Your Top Five Motivational Books For Entrepreneurs by Besto(m): 10:32pm On Nov 25, 2012
ebamma 3: In my own opinion,i don't think reading books can make you are better or more successful enterpreneur,if the writers of those books practised what the preach the will be the richest men in the world,
my guy more ororo to ur elbow.
Seriously fates lies in ur hands and GOD.
Re: Your Top Five Motivational Books For Entrepreneurs by Sammy107d(m): 10:33pm On Nov 25, 2012
And you can get them all at www./books
Re: Your Top Five Motivational Books For Entrepreneurs by lyricalpreacher(m): 10:43pm On Nov 25, 2012
stine b: [b][/b]THE BIBLE
my BLOLAR u are VELY VELY COLLECT
Re: Your Top Five Motivational Books For Entrepreneurs by Manweysabi(m): 10:44pm On Nov 25, 2012
Mine is (1)the Holy Bible(2) rich dad, poor dad- robert kiyasorki. (3) think like a billionaire, become a billionaire- scot Anderson. (4) power of positive thinking... (5)the richest man in babylon.
Re: Your Top Five Motivational Books For Entrepreneurs by vichofu(m): 11:06pm On Nov 25, 2012
Acres Of Diamond.......dis is a master peice......
Re: Your Top Five Motivational Books For Entrepreneurs by otigainspires(m): 11:17pm On Nov 25, 2012
Richest Man in Babylon by George Clason
Rich Dad, poor Dad, by Robert Kiyosaki
Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill.

Before you're done with these books, you are already a changed mind with a new mentality if not, i don't think entrepreneurship is for you

Monday Alih
http://otigainspires.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Access Bank Limit On International Transactions On Pos And Internet Channels / Your Fiverr Experience Guarantee You Over $4000 On People Per Hour. Learn Here / Kiva: A Place To Borrow Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.