Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,037 members, 7,970,201 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 11:18 PM

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... - Travel (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... (885088 Views)

Securing Visa To Italy / Hungarian Student Visa Application, Applying From Nigeria / I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (416) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 4:37pm On Dec 02, 2019
pufframmy:
that what always do but now i think they want to charge the credit card o

If you use the filter as I posited above, you can always find a couple of hotels or apartments that are free of charge even on Airbnb.

Before settling for one hotel in Istanbul a couple of days ago, I reserved 4 different hotels with Pay later option. I only cancelled more than 2 weeks after our choices have been made

See below quote. The hotel practically 'begged' that I cancel 1 out of two

Hi
You have 2 bookings on the same dates for your upcoming trip from Sat 21 Dec to Tue 24 Dec. Please cancel any you don't need, so our properties can plan ahead - and you can save money!

see the terms below

Prepayment
You will be charged a prepayment of the total price of the reservation in the 7 days before arrival.

Cancellation cost
until 13 December 2019 23:59 [Istanbul]: € 0

from 14 December 2019 00:00 [Istanbul]: € 117.45
Today being 2/12/2019, I could have waited till 13th December and still cancel for free and no prepayment made or card charged
Same for Frankfurt, Paris, Brussels and Amsterdam hotel reservations

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by mialate: 5:42pm On Dec 02, 2019
Read what’s on the site but call the hotel to ensure they have such an agreement with the said 3rd party.
davodyguy:

If you use the filter as I posited above, you can always find a couple of hotels or apartments that are free of charge even on Airbnb.

Before settling for one hotel in Istanbul a couple of days ago, I reserved 4 different hotels with Pay later option. I only cancelled more than 2 weeks after our choices have been made

see the terms below

Today being 2/12/2019, I could have waited till 13th December and still cancel for free and no prepayment made or card charged
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 6:20pm On Dec 02, 2019
mialate:
Lol.

Short Story:

So in February 2019, I got a pay later option hotel in Paris with my Debit card. I had limited funds on that card though it’s stated the card is just to guarantee booking. I was so happy reading this until I submitted my application and 4 Days after submission first email: the hotel has tried to process your credit card details: insufficient funds next email was the hotel cancellation. I called the hotel immediately and asked why my reservation was cancelled. Rude reply was no funds on the card then I said but the booking said pay later. He rudely said we didn’t instruct any 3rd party to issue such privileges.

I immediately funded the card to keep the reservation but it was too late. Next day : your processed visa application email from VFS .

Read what’s on the site but call the hotel to ensure they have such an agreement with the said 3rd party.
Was your visa denied?

Some Nigerian banks (due to risk of stolen cards) actually prevent online payment via cards. Zenith Bank does. They require second authorization before they debit for hotels in some countries
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by OmoBendel24: 6:44pm On Dec 02, 2019
davodyguy:

Was your visa denied?

Why not first agree that, wow, you have learnt something new in the midst of all the experiences you have?

Well, we have had people on the UK thread and this thread that got refused their visa application on this ground. Confirmed!

A handshake though. Your other views are tight, mostly. We are all here to learn and help where necessary....

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by OmoBendel24: 6:51pm On Dec 02, 2019
mialate:
Lol.

Short Story:

So in February 2019, I got a pay later option hotel in Paris with my Debit card. I had limited funds on that card though it’s stated the card is just to guarantee booking. I was so happy reading this until I submitted my application and 4 Days after submission first email: the hotel has tried to process your credit card details: insufficient funds next email was the hotel cancellation. I called the hotel immediately and asked why my reservation was cancelled. Rude reply was no funds on the card then I said but the booking said pay later. He rudely said we didn’t instruct any 3rd party to issue such privileges.

I immediately funded the card to keep the reservation but it was too late. Next day : your processed visa application email from VFS .

Thanks jare!

Didn’t they give you an option to update your card within 24hrs or so? They normally do though. Cases can be different however. I have had the opportunity to quickly change card (this was during that FOREX crisis period) and have them process whatever they wanted to process. Changed my Fidelity Bank naira card with my GTB USD card, and that worked perfectly.

There are times they even just take something small out of the card, maybe less than $5, just to verify your card, and they return it after sometime too.

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 7:05pm On Dec 02, 2019
mialate:
Don’t mind them, that’s how they sent me a refusal note dated February 2018 for an application done in February 2019 with a different visa application number.
For real?
shocked
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by pufframmy: 7:33pm On Dec 02, 2019
all the ones i always book is pay later or pay at hotel that how i use to book

davodyguy:

see the terms below

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by mialate: 7:40pm On Dec 02, 2019
Yes , it was dated 19/02/2018 with a different visa application number.

davodyguy:

For real?
shocked
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by mialate: 7:43pm On Dec 02, 2019
They did give a 24 hour grace and I funded the card immediately

quote author=OmoBendel24 post=84563655]

Thanks jare!

Didn’t they give you an option to update your card within 24hrs or so? They normally do though. Cases can be different however. I have had the opportunity to quickly change card (this was during that FOREX crisis period) and have them process whatever they wanted to process. Changed my Fidelity Bank naira card with my GTB USD card, and that worked perfectly.

There are times they even just take something small out of the card, maybe less than $5, just to verify your card, and they return it after sometime too.[/quote]
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 7:44pm On Dec 02, 2019
mialate:
Yes , it was dated 19/02/2018 with a different visa application number.

It's man made mistake.

Do you plan on reapplying?

What was the message given for the refusal?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by mialate: 7:44pm On Dec 02, 2019
davodyguy:

Was your visa denied?

Some Nigerian banks (due to risk of stolen cards) actually prevent online payment via cards. Zenith Bank does. They require second authorization before they debit for hotels in some countries
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by mialate: 7:46pm On Dec 02, 2019
Point 2: the purpose of stay was not provided.

davodyguy:

It's man made mistake.

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 7:48pm On Dec 02, 2019
pufframmy:
all the ones i always book is pay later or pay at hotel that how i use to book

Great.

I've always done that and would continue to.

There are lots of reasons to:
1. Visa can get denied
2. You might find either a cheaper hotel days after or even find finer/more beautiful options

My coming travels, I still have till sometime next week to still cancel all bookings without being charged
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by mialate: 7:49pm On Dec 02, 2019
Yea no one is above mistake but that goes to show how they treat applications wrongly. Same goes for the visa application number that’s wrong too.

davodyguy:

It's man made mistake.

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 7:58pm On Dec 02, 2019
mialate:
Point 2: the purpose of stay was not provided.

As I do advise a lot of people, immigration officers are like HR Managers who don't know visa applicants and would require as much information they can get.

Australia and NZL visas are some of the most difficult visas to obtain.

In 2017 over 25 of us applied, they gave about 5 of us AU visa.

In June, 2019 About 10 of us applied, 6 were denied on first trial, but I was given with 3 others. 4 out of the initial 6 were also given on second application. We loaded their reapplications with more information

The only reason I can think of was overloading them with information, thanks to Femijck, a Nairalander. The guy is based in Auckland and was just giving advice as and when due.

I loaded the Immigration officer documents so tey, hmm no be small thing.

They just want to be sure you're not going to become liability by choosing not to return

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by mialate: 8:05pm On Dec 02, 2019
Sent in all required documentation and more but it has more to with the hotel cancellation. As the pickup email came the next day after my hotel booking was cancelled.

davodyguy:

As I do advise a lot of people, immigration officers are like HR Managers who don't know visa applicants and would require as much information they can get.

Australia and NZL visas are some of the most difficult visas to obtain.

In 2017 over 25 of us applied, they gave about 5 of us AU visa.

In June, 2019 About 10 of us applied, 6 were denied on first trial, but I was given with 3 others. 4 out of the initial 6 were also given on second application. We loaded their reapplications with more information

The only reason I can think of was overloading them with information, thanks to Femijck, a Nairalander. The guy is based in Auckland and was just giving advice as and when due.

I loaded the Immigration officer documents so tey, hmm no be small thing.

They just want to be sure you're not going to become liability by choosing not to return
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by mizz2posh: 8:16pm On Dec 02, 2019
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 8:17pm On Dec 02, 2019
mizz2posh:

Hi, i read your comment from international passport thread where you said you did your kids international passport for 40k, and it came out after a few days. Please can you link me up with the person who helped you?
Yes, I can.

Send PM.

I'll forward the man's number to you
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by mizz2posh: 8:44pm On Dec 02, 2019
davodyguy:

Yes, I can.

Send PM.

I'll forward the man's number to you

Oops i dont know how to pm, please can you send his number to this number ?, or should i send my email if you woyld rather that? please delete my number before you quote, thank you sir
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 8:55pm On Dec 02, 2019
Copied.

Edit post

Once you copy, let me edit,
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by goldosa: 9:02pm On Dec 03, 2019
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING, PLEASE I WILL LIKE TO KNOW IF YOU TICKED MULTIPLE ENTRY WHEN FILLING YOUR FORM AND HOW MANY DAYS DID YOU INDICATE YOU ARE PLANNING TO STAY. THANKS
bibiliscious:
Good morning All,

Silent reader, well done so far and just wanted to share .

Time line: (8 Working days)
Submitted Application - 26th September 2019
Application Acknowledgment Text message received from VFS - 27th September 2019
French embassy application acknowledgement email received from VFS - 30th September 2019
Passport ready email and text message from VFS - 8th October 2019
Passport delivered via Ups to my address - 9th October 2019

Travel history - (Dubai & US)
I got the Schengen visa - 3months (Oct - Jan) Multiple entries 30days a time

Document Submitted

* Completed visa form
* Travel Insurance
* Self introduction letter
* Tour reservations
* Hotel & Flight reservation
* Office promotion letter
* Letter of introduction from employer
* Office ID Card
* 6 months pay slip
* 2 Bank statements of account (Bal. 1.5M & 1.7m) with good inflow and outflow
* Copy of Tax card
* Copy of Valid Us visa
* Pictures of my fiancee and I as i wrote that we will be travelling together to celebrate his birthday, scout around for honeymoon locations
* CAC Document & Business ID Card (I have a side business)

The itinerary i submitted was to Paris only (7 days) but now i since i have 3 months i can plan and amend my dates i will like to visit paris (4days), Amsterdam(3days) and italy (3days) all in one trip

I hope this info helps anyone applying ,Many Thanks and Good luck to all.

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by goldosa: 9:24pm On Dec 03, 2019
GOOD EVENING, PLEASE THE GURUS IN THE HOUSE SHOULD HELP ME OUT..... I WANT TO SPONSOR MY WIFE FOR A VACATION TRIP, THOUGH WE ARE APPLYING TOGETHER WHAT DOCUMENTS DO I NEED TO BACK THE SPONSORSHIP.. THANKS
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 10:08pm On Dec 03, 2019
goldosa:
GOOD EVENING, PLEASE THE GURUS IN THE HOUSE SHOULD HELP ME OUT..... I WANT TO SPONSOR MY WIFE FOR A VACATION TRIP, THOUGH WE ARE APPLYING TOGETHER WHAT DOCUMENTS DO I NEED TO BACK THE SPONSORSHIP.. THANKS
Read my post of November 13th on this thread.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by mostob(m): 10:17pm On Dec 03, 2019
Hi ...am sorry, my question might seems childish.
Am currently in my final year and I plan to get a scholarship to go for my masters abroad. Somebody told me that getting international passport is the first step. Is the person right?
If yes , how do I go about getting one? I mean the pre requisites and requirements,location and cost.
Thanks... please bear with me
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 10:32pm On Dec 03, 2019
mostob:
Hi ...am sorry, my question might seems childish.
Am currently in my final year and I plan to get a scholarship to go for my masters abroad. Somebody told me that getting international passport is the first step. Is the person right?
If yes , how do I go about getting one? I mean the pre requisites and requirements,location and cost.
Thanks... please bear with me
Walk up to any immigration office in your state of residence and apply for an international passport. But first visit the immigration Nigeria's website

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by mostob(m): 11:39am On Dec 04, 2019
davodyguy:

Walk up to any immigration office in your state of residence and apply for an international passport. But first visit the immigration Nigeria's website
OK...thanks

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by jesuisroya: 3:01pm On Dec 05, 2019
Greetings all,
I would like to apply for a visa for my mum to come and help me here in France during my delivery end of December.
I have a valid stay permit, I work here and I live alone.
Has anyone gone through this process?
Any advice, please?
Thanks
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davide470(m): 12:12am On Dec 06, 2019
So strike started today in France and should it continue beyond this week, it might significantly affect movement to and fro Paris.

For those travelling this period, do recheck with your airline.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davide470(m): 12:18am On Dec 06, 2019
jesuisroya:
Greetings all,
I would like to apply for a visa for my mum to come and help me here in France during my delivery end of December.
I have a valid stay permit, I work here and I live alone.
Has anyone gone through this process?
Any advice, please?
Thanks
Well, that means you know the basics. Let her apply for a short stay visa.. and you can provide an Attestation D'accueil for her to use alongside her application since she will be staying with you.

Wishing you a safe delivery smiley

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 12:29am On Dec 06, 2019
davide470:
So strike started today in France and should it continue beyond this week, it might significantly affect movement to and fro Paris.

For those travelling this period, do recheck with your airline.
Heard the news and it's frightening.

We should be in Paris in the next couple of days
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by mialate: 9:26am On Dec 06, 2019
quote author=davodyguy post=84664255]

We should be in Paris in the next couple of days[/quote]
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 11:36am On Dec 06, 2019
mialate:
Please I need help with this :
If I want to reapply here is my Confusion

I have a friend in Paris but her place is small so she wasn’t issued the attestation d’accueil so i had to get a hotel booked. In my next application cover letter do I state I won’t be visiting her when am there as she would be doing some work out of France at the time am visiting. Or I should leave that piece of information out of my new application. I don’t want them to think I will be visiting her.

quote author=davodyguy post=84664255]

We should be in Paris in the next couple of days

Leave that part out.

She doesn't have a strong base yet

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (416) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.