Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,733 members, 7,882,505 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 07:22 AM

Nicki Minaj Signs Nigerian Parker Ighile As The 1st Artiste On Her Label - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nicki Minaj Signs Nigerian Parker Ighile As The 1st Artiste On Her Label (13645 Views)

Lepacious Bose Shares New Photos, Tucks Shirt In For The 1st Time In 15years / Sam Smith Becomes 1st Artiste To Sell 1m Copies In UK And US This Year / Nicki Minaj Before And After Plastic Surgery And Implants(pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nicki Minaj Signs Nigerian Parker Ighile As The 1st Artiste On Her Label by ayobase(m): 2:53pm On Nov 18, 2012
Mynd_44:
I don't like it when people say what they are not sure of

Nobody is saying these people aint Nigerian, but are they fully TRUELY representing besides doing SOMETHINGS for fame and ''it will help me sell more CDs in Nigeria''
Re: Nicki Minaj Signs Nigerian Parker Ighile As The 1st Artiste On Her Label by ayobase(m): 2:55pm On Nov 18, 2012
Red-Light:

never knew any ighile until this topic..... there are millions of nigerians out the that speaks nigerian language, eat nigerian food, but never in anyway proud to be called nigerians and fly nigerian flag.... e.g the likes of shade adu, agholahan, so many nigerian name atheletes representing england in the olympics..... until i see any great international icon that has made it globally and always proud to mention nigeria or fly the flag anywhere like akon.... then forget it.... someone mentioned waley ealier ... i dunno much about him, but if he is truly representing naija... then i can give him some kudos... but the rest na wash for now

Thank you once again.
Somepeople are already having their heart pricked with this topic....they wanna defend based on ''birds of a feather flock together''
Re: Nicki Minaj Signs Nigerian Parker Ighile As The 1st Artiste On Her Label by Nobody: 2:58pm On Nov 18, 2012
Red-Light:

never knew any ighile until this topic..... there are millions of nigerians out the that speaks nigerian language, eat nigerian food, but never in anyway proud to be called nigerians and fly nigerian flag.... e.g the likes of shade adu, agholahan, so many nigerian name atheletes representing england in the olympics..... until i see any great international icon that has made it globally and always proud to mention nigeria or fly the flag anywhere like akon.... then forget it.... someone mentioned waley ealier ... i dunno much about him, but if he is truly representing naija... then i can give him some kudos... but the rest na wash for now

Sade Adu, shirley bassey, and Gabriel Agbolahon are mixed race, and they're as white as they're black... So, whatever they claim has to do with who their parents were/are... Wale represents naija all the time, though he has never been there... I don't even know how many times Wale has talked about being a Nigerian... The last time he was in London, he asked people live on radio about the best naija restaurant in London because he wanted to get some naija food... Tinie Tempah has always represented Nigeria and he was on the "Flygerian" video the doozy, Mark Henry(Calabar guy) put together, before he went to prison...

The Nigerians who represented the UK at the olympics talked about their Nigerian ancestry - and they all went to the Nigerian section at the games village during the olympics, as a form of solidarity to their people... Anthony Joshua(the guy who won a gold medal for the UK in boxing) went to boarding school in Nigeria for 2 years and he has a big tat of Africa, with Nigeria showing there on his shoulder - and he's proud of Nigeria...

You don't want them to wait forever for Nigeria to give them an opportunity, do you? If Nigeria weren't as messed up as it is, I bet they would all love to come back to Nigeria and represent the country in a major way... The most important thing for now, is that they're proud of Nigeria and they talk about being Nigerians everywhere they go...
Re: Nicki Minaj Signs Nigerian Parker Ighile As The 1st Artiste On Her Label by Nobody: 3:08pm On Nov 18, 2012
ayobase:
Nobody had said that he is not a Nigerian.
Cool down!
We have some bastards today, you can see them on NL (Im seeing one at the moment).
Awon omo ale to n fi owo osi ju iwe ile baba won!
They claim to be, but what have they done to show for brotherhood!
Me never hear of that guy before o!

Parker is a young boy and he has produced tons of music for popular UK artists, including Chipmunk's biggest hit in the UK(Oopsy Daisy)... He can't be older than 23 and he just started singing not too long ago... Probably, that's why you don't really know about him - but he has never denied his Nigerian roots...

He doesn't even need Nigeria to make it, to be honest... However, him talking about being a Nigerian should be enough to make Nigerians proud of him, and not the hate, he's getting...

If I may ask, what has Nigeria done for him?

1 Like

Re: Nicki Minaj Signs Nigerian Parker Ighile As The 1st Artiste On Her Label by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 18, 2012
Nigeria is a bleeped up country. What is there to be proud of in the first place? A lot nigerians don't want to be associated with nigeria, even those living in naija. I don't blame anyone who isn't interested in associating with anything nigerian.
Re: Nicki Minaj Signs Nigerian Parker Ighile As The 1st Artiste On Her Label by Itoroetti(m): 3:24pm On Nov 18, 2012
FreeGlobe: ^
thats why akon is irrelevant today lol.
what is ur definition of irrelevant?
Re: Nicki Minaj Signs Nigerian Parker Ighile As The 1st Artiste On Her Label by ochallo: 3:26pm On Nov 18, 2012
the guy is as untalented as nicki. sorry. His voice doesn't even sound good and from experience, artistes signing other artistes without the involvement of a major label to back them up is basically nothing/
Re: Nicki Minaj Signs Nigerian Parker Ighile As The 1st Artiste On Her Label by ayobase(m): 3:31pm On Nov 18, 2012
shymexx:

Parker is a young boy and he has produced tons of music for popular UK artists, including Chipmunk's biggest hit in the UK(Oopsy Daisy)... He can't be older than 23 and he just started singing not too long ago... Probably, that's why you don't really know about him - but he has never denied his Nigerian roots...

He doesn't even need Nigeria to make it, to be honest... However, him talking about being a Nigerian should be enough to make Nigerians proud of him, and not the hate, he's getting...

I will go with that, and kudos for not being offended.
talking about a place is a thing, and doing something for that place is another thing.
What are you gonna do for a place ur CAME from.
''what has Nigeria done for him''?.....he should be thankful that Nigeria gave birth to him....some loved to, but too late!
Re: Nicki Minaj Signs Nigerian Parker Ighile As The 1st Artiste On Her Label by ayobase(m): 3:32pm On Nov 18, 2012
J12: Nigeria is a bleeped up country. What is there to be proud of in the first place? A lot nigerians don't want to be associated with nigeria, even those living in naija. I don't blame anyone who isn't interested in associating with anything nigerian.

You are one of the bastards then...sorry to say if it hurts!
Re: Nicki Minaj Signs Nigerian Parker Ighile As The 1st Artiste On Her Label by Nobody: 3:34pm On Nov 18, 2012
ayobase:

talking about a place is a thing, and doing something for that place is another thing.
''what has Nigeria done for him''?.....he should be thankful that Nigeria gave birth to him....some loved to, but too late!
Kudos ko, Kudos ni! Correct omo ale ni!! grin grin
Re: Nicki Minaj Signs Nigerian Parker Ighile As The 1st Artiste On Her Label by Nobody: 3:38pm On Nov 18, 2012
shymexx:

Parker has a Edo pops and an Hausa father, and he speaks a little bit of Hausa and Benin... He speaks pidgin fluently, eats naija food, talks about being a naija boy, and he has been to the country a couple of times...

Just because he was born and raised in the UK, that don't mean he isn't Nigerian... The system out here sees him as a British born Nigerian/black African..

Leave the young doozy alone! undecided

HEY MR. MAN CLARIFY URSELF 1ST: EDO POPS AND HAUSA FATHER? WERE THEY A GAY COUPLE? undecided
Re: Nicki Minaj Signs Nigerian Parker Ighile As The 1st Artiste On Her Label by Nobody: 3:42pm On Nov 18, 2012
azimibraun: Akon wey I see for studio 2 days ago with David guetta and polo D Don na him dey irrelevant? Akon wey jst scatter italy last week.. U be slowpoke o!
DUDE U SAW AKON? shocked
THATS IT I THINK I LIKE UR WEED BRAH PASS ME ZE JOINT
Re: Nicki Minaj Signs Nigerian Parker Ighile As The 1st Artiste On Her Label by Idowuogbo(f): 3:43pm On Nov 18, 2012
shymexx:

[b]He doesn't even need Nigeria to make it, to be honest... [/b]However, him talking about being a Nigerian should be enough to make Nigerians proud of him, and not the hate, he's getting...

Yo! Say no more...

And who are d spermmhead hating on Parker? If you dont no shyte about him, I suggest u STFU!! Parker reps naija anyday! D dude just started singing for Christ sake! Jeez!!
Re: Nicki Minaj Signs Nigerian Parker Ighile As The 1st Artiste On Her Label by Nobody: 3:47pm On Nov 18, 2012
ayobase:

The bloke is just 22/23, what can he do for Nigeria, other than big up the country? - Nigeria has loads of billions with private jets, what have they done for the country, other than loot and cheat the poor? However, you expect a young lad from the council estate who had to struggle from a young age, run from gangs, and who's just finding a niche for himself in the world to do something for Nigeria, no??

The only thing he can do for Nigeria right now is probably sing about his love for the country, or produce some tunes for Nigerian artists...

And why should he be thankful that Nigerian birthed him? - the same Nigeria that was never there for him during those cold winters when his mum and pops had to go do odd jobs to feed him and his siblings... The same Nigeria that left him at the mercy of gangs.. The same Nigeria that wasn't there for him when he had to eat cereal with water and sugar lol.... The same Nigeria that never protected him when racists were calling him a black monkey and telling him to go back to Africa...

It's the other way round, Nigeria should be thankful that Parker still cares about it... grin
Re: Nicki Minaj Signs Nigerian Parker Ighile As The 1st Artiste On Her Label by Nobody: 3:47pm On Nov 18, 2012
Babzilla:

HEY MR. MAN CLARIFY URSELF 1ST: EDO POPS AND HAUSA FATHER? WERE THEY A GAY COUPLE? undecided

Bwahahahahah

Edo father and Hausa mother... grin
Re: Nicki Minaj Signs Nigerian Parker Ighile As The 1st Artiste On Her Label by Nobody: 3:48pm On Nov 18, 2012
Babzilla:

LMAO!! grin grin
Re: Nicki Minaj Signs Nigerian Parker Ighile As The 1st Artiste On Her Label by Nobody: 3:49pm On Nov 18, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Yo! Say no more...

And who are d spermmhead hating on Parker? If you dont no shyte about him, I suggest u STFU!! Parker reps naija anyday! D dude just started singing for Christ sake! Jeez!!

Dun noe.... Deyah deyah!
Re: Nicki Minaj Signs Nigerian Parker Ighile As The 1st Artiste On Her Label by Nobody: 3:50pm On Nov 18, 2012
Shollypopz:
LMAO!! grin grin

What's funny? undecided
Re: Nicki Minaj Signs Nigerian Parker Ighile As The 1st Artiste On Her Label by Nobody: 3:52pm On Nov 18, 2012
^^Question! keep asking, mtcheew
Re: Nicki Minaj Signs Nigerian Parker Ighile As The 1st Artiste On Her Label by Nobody: 3:57pm On Nov 18, 2012
^^^^Keep laughing in 3rd person till I smack your flat batty around.. undecided
Re: Nicki Minaj Signs Nigerian Parker Ighile As The 1st Artiste On Her Label by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 18, 2012
ayobase:

You are one of the bastards then...sorry to say if it hurts!

You're the one hurting, not me
Re: Nicki Minaj Signs Nigerian Parker Ighile As The 1st Artiste On Her Label by livingstoneony(m): 4:40pm On Nov 18, 2012
Hellooo I am nigerian too...so what's up wiv dat?! undecided
Re: Nicki Minaj Signs Nigerian Parker Ighile As The 1st Artiste On Her Label by idinc(m): 5:20pm On Nov 18, 2012
Boi did i hear u say AKon is irrelevant? Naw ama gt a lil rude pardon me buh wat dat dude hs achvd,u live a hundred yrs,u may neva achv half of dat
Re: Nicki Minaj Signs Nigerian Parker Ighile As The 1st Artiste On Her Label by Nobody: 6:48pm On Nov 18, 2012
nodding my head at d level of reasoning on dis thread,wa!!! Na who kon carry rizla wen I duck for toilet window?
Re: Nicki Minaj Signs Nigerian Parker Ighile As The 1st Artiste On Her Label by FreeGlobe(f): 7:48pm On Nov 18, 2012
who are those blabbing, yes akon is irrelevant today. His album has been put parmenently on hold because he has no buzz. When last did you hear an akon feature? thats why his running to africa to stay relevant there. doing songs with urchins like davido and wizkid. Dont get mad, its the truth.
Re: Nicki Minaj Signs Nigerian Parker Ighile As The 1st Artiste On Her Label by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 18, 2012
So why is everyone here shouting??!!!!! angry undecided . Ebe lyk sey the weed don they enter ur medulla. *sprays tear-gas*...oya shey una don scatter b4 I open my eyes.
Re: Nicki Minaj Signs Nigerian Parker Ighile As The 1st Artiste On Her Label by baslone: 8:57pm On Nov 18, 2012
Now this is the deal

Contract all bleeped up, I guess that means you’re all bleeped up
You signed to one niggaa, that signed to another nigga, that signed to three niggas, now that’s bad luck
Damn that shit even the odds now, you better off selling this hard now
You call that living out your dreams?- PUSHA T(Exodus 23:1 )

Universal Records signs Cash money(Birdman)

Cash money signs Young money(Lil Wayne)

Young Money signs Nicki Minaj

Nicki Minajs signs Parker Ighile

Parker Ighile signs. . . . . . . . . VIC-O!

Re: Nicki Minaj Signs Nigerian Parker Ighile As The 1st Artiste On Her Label by emrysdwarlord(m): 9:46pm On Nov 18, 2012
ijebabe: ^ chill bro, here *passes him some weed*
have a drag, you'll feel REAL GOOD in no time wink

ℓ☺ℓ u harsh o
Re: Nicki Minaj Signs Nigerian Parker Ighile As The 1st Artiste On Her Label by emrysdwarlord(m): 9:48pm On Nov 18, 2012
Shollypopz:
LMAO!! grin grin
;Dwho passed dope ∂!ѕ nigga? ℓ☺ℓ
Re: Nicki Minaj Signs Nigerian Parker Ighile As The 1st Artiste On Her Label by Revolva(m): 10:49pm On Nov 18, 2012
Red-Light:
He only bears nigerian name.. He is not fhucking nigerian! Get over it man.. Am tired of nigerians linking all these stupid negros (like seal, charmilonaire, taio cruz, lemar etc) that never represent nigeria or wana become nigeria to nigeria.. No offense to mr ighile.. Goodluck to him.. The only man i ever respect and always respect is akon.. Despite all fame, he never forget his root
Thank you bro -- omo parker make you Bleep nikki no gurk your self oo she me obo free
Re: Nicki Minaj Signs Nigerian Parker Ighile As The 1st Artiste On Her Label by ayobase(m): 11:04pm On Nov 18, 2012
Shollypopz:
Kudos ko, Kudos ni! Correct omo ale ni!! grin grin

So u deciphered.....you are lucky u aint with me (I would have poked u)
U surely like this guy....tell me the truth.
See your teeth!
Re: Nicki Minaj Signs Nigerian Parker Ighile As The 1st Artiste On Her Label by ayobase(m): 11:16pm On Nov 18, 2012
shymexx:

The bloke is just 22/23, what can he do for Nigeria, other than big up the country? - Nigeria has loads of billions with private jets, what have they done for the country, other than loot and cheat the poor? However, you expect a young lad from the council estate who had to struggle from a young age, run from gangs, and who's just finding a niche for himself in the world to do something for Nigeria, no??

The only thing he can do for Nigeria right now is probably sing about his love for the country, or produce some tunes for Nigerian artists...

And why should he be thankful that Nigerian birthed him? - the same Nigeria that was never there for him during those cold winters when his mum and pops had to go do odd jobs to feed him and his siblings... The same Nigeria that left him at the mercy of gangs.. The same Nigeria that wasn't there for him when he had to eat cereal with water and sugar lol.... The same Nigeria that never protected him when racists were calling him a black monkey and telling him to go back to Africa...

It's the other way round, Nigeria should be thankful that Parker still cares about it... grin

SOL.
Atleast you laughed with your '36' at the end.
Nigeria is such a one of the sweetest countries place to live in any time, and day.....there is no point running to ''oyinbo'''s land, unless for a particular purpose, but greener pasture!
Shymmex, there is still something you are missing.....let me know anytime you are coming into the Country!
You have been away for sooo long!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Joke Silva Glows In New Photo / Lagos Chief Coroner Directs Inquest Into Mohbad’s Death / Is Uche Jumbo Losing Too Much Weight?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.