Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,527 members, 7,905,043 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 02:20 AM

Charity Programme For Widows And Orphans:Suggestions Please - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Charity Programme For Widows And Orphans:Suggestions Please (1260 Views)

Young Widows Open Up On Their Life And Séx / Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows / What Jobs Can A Nigerian Teenager Living In Nigeria Do? Practical Suggestions Please! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Charity Programme For Widows And Orphans:Suggestions Please by rasputinn(m): 1:51pm On Feb 06, 2008
Hi all.There's this thing that I have to do formally (as it's on already informally),it really gives me satisfaction doing this because I know it's what God wants me to do.Now I am positioning to take it to the next level,of course based on my set programmes.However,experience has shown that ONE CAN NEVER KNOW IT ALL,hence I want you guys with good hearts to chip in an idea or two on what and what you would do for the widows and orphans in need in our midst today,if you had the wherewithal.(Mind you,I need your SUGGESTIONS ONLY;no gifts,whether cash or kind please)
Re: Charity Programme For Widows And Orphans:Suggestions Please by rasputinn(m): 6:02pm On Feb 06, 2008
Helloooo,am I to believe that nairalanders are nocharitable people?
Re: Charity Programme For Widows And Orphans:Suggestions Please by amsky(m): 9:57pm On Feb 06, 2008
i'm not so clear on what type of suggestion you need,but i'll share a bit nonetheless. I was once a bit involved in that kind of thing in Nigeria.What we did was to pick the bills of three school kids in an orphanage. There was a boy in primary school,one in secondary and the other in the university. We paid their fees,got them school bags,H20 bottles, books- practically stuff you'll do for your child. We got to pay the accommodation fee of the guy in uni too.

For the widows one could also think of setting up little things for them to do.By this i mean petty trading, sale of second hand clothing, moblie phone booths and lots more.

Goodluck in whatever you decide to do.This is a noble course,and i hope you reap abundantly.
Re: Charity Programme For Widows And Orphans:Suggestions Please by rasputinn(m): 8:14am On Feb 07, 2008
Well noted amsky.Thx
Re: Charity Programme For Widows And Orphans:Suggestions Please by Nobody: 9:36am On Feb 07, 2008
I am happy when i come accross people like you because this is my passion too. In addition to Amsky's suggesstion, the first thing you have to do is to know the scope you can take, i.e how many people you ant to help at a time and do you ant the help to be long term or short term.
Long Term assistance in most cases we advice a focal group discussion ith the widows and Orphans, find out from them what their immediate and other needs are. What one widow needs may be different from another, so hen you have this discussion with them, you get to kno exactly what they want and you get to decide here and how you can step in.
People usually make a mistake of just doing things they fel Widows need and in the end you find that you don't really affcet their lives. You could also conduct the brief study by giving Questioneers to widows and some orphans.
The may seem like a long process, but in developmental work e have come to realise that what we percieve as the needs of people may not be actually what they need. It save lots of resources, time and energy
Please keep up the good work, He ho gives to the Poor lends to God, Whatever you do to the least of your Brethren, That You do unto God. God will bless you and Increase you
Re: Charity Programme For Widows And Orphans:Suggestions Please by rasputinn(m): 12:58pm On Feb 07, 2008
Quite some points there Aisha,thanx a lot
Re: Charity Programme For Widows And Orphans:Suggestions Please by rasputinn(m): 7:47am On Jan 07, 2009
Hi Amsky and Aisha2.this is to wish you the very best of year 2009 and to encourage you not to forget to spare a thought for the lees privileged in our midst.Thanx for ur earlier thoughts,we are stepping up the charity gear this year by God's grace
Re: Charity Programme For Widows And Orphans:Suggestions Please by Hotstepper(f): 9:51pm On Jan 13, 2009
Your idea is good and each and everyone of us should find a way to help if we can.

I and my NGO team did something you want to do now last xmas in Lagos in one primary school in lagos. For us, our mission is to help the less privilege children in the Nigeria’s public primary schools by providing them with school supplies such as school bags, pens, pencils, exercise books (in this case, it was books with our own name and logo and about 24 to each student) etc. we made physical delivery to the school on the 15th of dec. 2008 to 350 students in that school from nursery to primary 6.

some pixs r below and u can visit our website at www.beaminc.org

(1) (Reply)

Jealous Housewife Kills Hubby With Acid / Dutch Girl, 12, Gives Birth On A School Trip / Facebook: Maiden Name Or Hubby Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.