Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,887 members, 7,966,315 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 12:29 PM

Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report (17569 Views)

Troops Kill 30 Boko Haram Members, Rescue Captives In Sambisa [PHOTOS] / Boko Haram Fuel Dump Discovered In Maiduguri (Photos) / Pics Of A Soldier Showing Captives Rescued From Boko Haram In Banki Town Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by Thok(m): 12:28pm On Nov 19, 2012
jeffizy: Dirty fight begets dirty tactics.
Though it inhuman to kill an unarmed man without trial, but I don't know why I'm not sympathetic to those killed. Facts remains that the indigenes habour Boko boys in their neighbourhood.
Simple. Come to think of it,when the army needs info on the whereabouts of boko boys,dy keep mum. But when shoot outs occur, they all cry murder. Though i dont support brutality and extrajudicial killings, what do u xpect the army to do when the people they are meant to defend are not helping?.

1 Like

Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by Pakavy(m): 12:30pm On Nov 19, 2012
Harbb: video please
go down 2 maiduguri,u myt b lucky 2 watch it live

2 Likes

Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by aurenflani: 12:34pm On Nov 19, 2012
A south southerner as president, his army chief an igboman. This is a clearly case of genocide being orchestrated by the kitchen cabinet of jonathan which include CAN president!

Our elite in dis govt and pdp are a disgrace. If any stupid northerner dared us again with as much as "lets support" jonathan during the pdp convention and should any deligate go oit of his way to cast a single vote to jona, his own don yamutu unless he/she is prepared to go and live in bayelsa. We have seen d handiwork of the devil and we will deal with him in a way he never can imagine.

1 Like

Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by Clerverly: 12:38pm On Nov 19, 2012
Stage-Managed mtcheeee. Learn from Isrealites....Pound!Pound!! and poundthem into submission. Return them to the stone age as Isreal is returning Palestine to the Mid-Age. Is only by doing so that we all will be safe.
Fuvcking Terrorists.

1 Like

Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by ipromise: 12:43pm On Nov 19, 2012
If u are α̲̅ soldier man and u witness ur colleague being shot dead by this disguise boko haram called unarmed civilian..then, u will know that innocent people will die too..
Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by Nobody: 12:43pm On Nov 19, 2012
I have seen the video on YouTube about a year ago. They were soldiers and mopol executing boko haram members jungle style during yaradua's era. It was the same period they executed their founder. very gory video.
Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by mu2sa2: 12:44pm On Nov 19, 2012
Though it inhuman to kill an unarmed man without trial, but I don't know why I'm not sympathetic to those killed. Facts remains that the indigenes habour Boko boys in their neighbourhood.
you are making the same mistake as the killer soldiers and indeed many other nigerians by assuming that all indigenes habuor bh boys. These indisciplined soldier, high on ganja and ogogoro, are daily commiting war crime by killing innocent people, ra.ping women, burning houses and you hear people saying go on guys. They forget that it may be NE today, it can be anywhere else tomorrow. Boko haram issue cannot be resolved militarily- jtf is already frustrated and by its brutality against innocent people it has alienated itself, so there can be no military victory in such situation.

3 Likes

Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by Godmann(m): 12:44pm On Nov 19, 2012
Nigerians are illiterates. I have always known even without visiting Borno Or Yobe; just from news reporting and sentiments pouring out; that the military are killing innocent civilians.

It happened in Jos during the crises. The military Muslims were on the slimmest excuse to kill a Christian while their opposite Christians were on the same excuse to kill Muslims.

We should all go back to the caves if we can not learn how to tolerate one another.

Within GEJ, cabinet, I swear they know the Military are killing innocent Civilians. I am Igbo but have a brother in Maiduguri; had to call him and tell him to always dress well; because my understanding of Nigerian and how they profile people tells me they can label anybody as Boko Haram and kill him ones you look like a dirty Muslim.

I have fought severally with Southerners in Lagos calling an ordinary Huasa boy Aboki in derogatory terms. When are we going to grow up and see all humans as the same and equal?

4 Likes

Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by campella(m): 12:45pm On Nov 19, 2012
Had_one: [size=18pt]So Sad...
And all the evidences are now on ground, but yet they're still arguing.[/size]

Can we see the video?
Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by Naijapikin1: 12:47pm On Nov 19, 2012
God help us, this is sad and barbaric!
Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by apach4ever(m): 12:47pm On Nov 19, 2012
Sounds very familiar, saw a similar video in 2009/10 at the height of the Jos crisis. How are we sure its not the same 3 year old video being circulated? Not saying that the military aren't capable of such atrocities but if there is proof of such it should be unimpeachable lest the case falls flat on its face.
Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by bengunsman(m): 12:52pm On Nov 19, 2012
If u guys know how this BHT operate u will never have pity for them, they use their wife and children as human shield when JTF is raiding their hideouts, they hide weapons in their shops and places u can't even imagine. They kill @ nite and come home during d day 2 act innocent, failing to understand that JTF knows all their tricks. They are loosing d war and now they want to dialogue, what happened to the innocent children they hv been killing. Or u want them to be taken 2 D court so their godfathers will release them and they intensify atacks?

2 Likes

Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by Nobody: 12:54pm On Nov 19, 2012
duality:

which people,BOKO harm or JTF
of course the BOKO GUYZ!...
Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by kabba7(m): 12:56pm On Nov 19, 2012
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#990000][/color]
I not very suprised about this! its been happening since the beginning of this crisis ( I actually have 6 episodes copied on DVD). My only worry is that surely a retaliation will followe either in a military setup (probably better) or in a civilians place
The video is on reuters home page
Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by sejere: 1:00pm On Nov 19, 2012
This is d boko bouys tactics to discredit the JTF. Reason d motive behind it!
Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by vislabraye(m): 1:01pm On Nov 19, 2012
It would pain me if the innocent Christians are dying too. But the SS has pointed out some suspects. What I'd the FG doing about it. If only the govt. would concentrate on the head this issue would have been dealt with long ago.
Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by toluxa1(m): 1:02pm On Nov 19, 2012
Nigeria's Boko Haram battle: Army rejects 'killing' video.

Nigeria's military has dismissed as fake a
video said to show a soldier shooting dead a
captive at close range in the northern city
of Maiduguri.
A soldier who said he filmed the killing two weeks
ago passed the recording to the Reuters news
agency.
Nigeria's security forces have repeatedly been
accused of summary executions while fighting
the militant Islamist group, Boko Haram.
The BBC has not been able to verify the video's
authenticity.
BBC Nigeria correspondent Will Ross says the
video shows a man being pushed to the ground
by a soldier, kicked in the head and then shot
dead.
Next to him are at least four corpses, apparently
of people who were also killed by soldiers.
An army spokesman said he had not seen the
grainy video.
However, he believed it was staged and it was
impossible for Nigerians soldiers to carry out such
killings.
Earlier this month, rights group Amnesty
International accused Nigeria's security forces of
carrying out widespread abuses in their campaign
against Boko Haram, including extrajudicial
killings, enforced disappearances and torture.
Chief of defence staff Admiral Ola Ibrahim
described Amnesty's report as highly subjective
but said the accusations were being investigated.
"We have rules of engagement. A few of our men
who have violated some of these rules are on
trial," he told the BBC last week.
"The information technology and present-day
capacity to manipulate even pictures and use it
to your advantage is part of the kind of warfare
that we are acutely aware of."
Boko Haram is campaigning to impose Islamic law
across Nigeria.
It has carried out a wave of bombings and
assassinations in northern and central Nigeria
since 2009.
Maiduguri is one of the group's strongholds.
Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by GoodNigerian: 1:04pm On Nov 19, 2012
Pakavy: go down 2 maiduguri,u myt b lucky 2 watch it live
GBAM
Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by idupaul: 1:10pm On Nov 19, 2012
Saw this ame video about 3 yrs ago... So this couldn't have happened under the present JTF ... Reuters should try and get the real date when it was shot cause its a recycled video.

1 Like

Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by VonNestor: 1:12pm On Nov 19, 2012
I think the US drones were also accused of committing genocide in Pakistan. So it is no longer new
Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by blaise26abj(m): 1:12pm On Nov 19, 2012
when u are waging war, especially a guerrilla warfare in a major city against terrorists, there will always be collateral damage.Even pockets of extrajudicial killings. Both sides are bitter. The nigerian army is simply using same tactics as the boko boys. U kill 5 of us, we kill 30. Even the US army is guilty of this. God help us all.

Godman_n: Nigerians are illiterates. I have always known even without visiting Borno Or Yobe; just from news reporting and sentiments pouring out; that the military are killing innocent civilians.

It happened in Jos during the crises. The military Muslims were on the slimmest excuse to kill a Christian while their opposite Christians were on the same excuse to kill Muslims.

We should all go back to the caves if we can not learn how to tolerate one another.

Within GEJ, cabinet, I swear they know the Military are killing innocent Civilians. I am Igbo but have a brother in Maiduguri; had to call him and tell him to always dress well; because my understanding of Nigerian and how they profile people tells me they can label anybody as Boko Haram and kill him ones you look like a dirty Muslim.

I have fought severally with Southerners in Lagos calling an ordinary Huasa boy Aboki in derogatory terms. When are we going to grow up and see all humans as the same and equal?

What on earth is your brother still doing in Maiduguri? And the best advice u can give him is to dress well.

1 Like

Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by begwong: 1:16pm On Nov 19, 2012
Boko Haramm can go to any length to discredit d JTF because their days are numbered in Maiduguri.
These boko boys staged this killings because they are in posession of military uniforms, AK 47s etc
Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by Walexz02(m): 1:22pm On Nov 19, 2012
ziccoit: This was what initially brought the bokoharam wahala we are all facing today. Extrajudicial killings by security operatives. Why should government fail to learn from history? Why? Why? And Why?

I am very sure that majority of those who were murdered by this trigger happy goons were not bokoharam members. They were just happened to be at wrong place in wrong time.
Am telling u....should they learm dt boko haram startd bcoz of careles killing by militants,nigerians would hv had peace.
Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by lonamy: 1:34pm On Nov 19, 2012
Can somebody post the link pleaseeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by Nobody: 1:47pm On Nov 19, 2012
Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by Nobody: 1:48pm On Nov 19, 2012
I'm sure the mods would hide the link anytime soon
Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by Nobody: 1:49pm On Nov 19, 2012
if the link i posted above gets hidden, den drop ur mail so i'll send it directly to you.

1 Like

Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by REVOLUTNIS: 2:00pm On Nov 19, 2012
What is wrong in soldiers killing criminals and terrorists? they are all Boko Harams.
they should be wipe out of Nigeria. All the Nigeria Northern muslims are murderers and terrorists.
The spirit and the blood of innocent Nigerians they killed will keep hunting them and their children till
the world comes to an end. SOLDIERS GO ON I GOT UR BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by Kingharzyz(m): 2:16pm On Nov 19, 2012
Christians soldiers revenge in the name of JTF...cf
Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by lacasa: 2:19pm On Nov 19, 2012
Not suprised. angry

Nigerian soldiers r the same as gorillas in the animal kingdom undecided
Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by Kingharzyz(m): 2:23pm On Nov 19, 2012
Not all of 'em are boko boys, only a fool will be contented with theses killing.
REVOLUTNIS: What is wrong in soldiers killing criminals and terrorists? they are all Boko Harams.
they should be wipe out of Nigeria. All the Nigeria Northern muslims are murderers and terrorists.
The spirit and the blood of innocent Nigerians they killed will keep hunting them and their children till
the world comes to an end. SOLDIERS GO ON I GOT UR BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by BetaThings: 2:27pm On Nov 19, 2012

The indigenes targeted and killed by BH (perhaps for denouncing them or informing JTF about them) are also harbouring BH?
Do you knowingly harbour armed robbers and kidnappers in your neighbourhood?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Onnoghen Submitted Two Asset Forms On Same Day / Maduka Dazzles Ndi Anambra In Lagos As Ozigbo, Okonkwo Present Manifesto / Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.