Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,102 members, 7,890,634 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 05:23 PM

Urgent Advice Needed - Dating - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Urgent Advice Needed - Dating (1067 Views)

Urgent Advice Needed (18+pictures) / *urgent Advice* I Just Discover The Truth About My G.f ! / Urgent Advice Needed Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Advice Needed - Dating by marzipan73(f): 7:23pm On Feb 08, 2008
I dated a guy before now I like his best friend and  have slept with his best friend. I want to marry his best friend. do you think this is acceptable.  i am caribbean, he is nigerian.

No one knew I dated the first guy though so it makes it easier. I want to know if he would be proud and marry me thoughHELP

i AM 34 YEARS OLD and he is 38 this year. Will this be an acceptable age for him or would he want a younger bride?
Re: Urgent Advice Needed - Dating by elderz: 7:31pm On Feb 08, 2008
If the new friend u want to marry is nigerian, than you won't be the one making the decision
believe me, no nigerian guy will marry a sis that has ever slept with his best friend
but if he does, then it's ur choice. . .
Re: Urgent Advice Needed - Dating by marzipan73(f): 7:37pm On Feb 08, 2008
ok, thanks. I dont feel any better.
Re: Urgent Advice Needed - Dating by marzipan73(f): 10:25pm On Feb 08, 2008
any more thoughts from anyone else
Re: Urgent Advice Needed - Dating by gentleaura(m): 11:31pm On Feb 08, 2008
Not that it makes any difference to me though. Even though if your current dude knows about you dating his friend and still went ahead to date you, its his decision not yours!!
I dont think u shld feel guilty at all
Re: Urgent Advice Needed - Dating by treadstone(m): 6:03am On Feb 09, 2008
what will i call you ? a red street light agent or spiner.well if you mean business go for who you cares.after all they never have anything in common as in parenting.
Re: Urgent Advice Needed - Dating by marzipan73(f): 5:30pm On Feb 09, 2008
thanks, now I feel alot better, indeed.
Re: Urgent Advice Needed - Dating by Nautillus(m): 5:46pm On Feb 09, 2008
You met a guy . . . , . was involved with the guy . . . . . . . Left the guyor maybe he left u . . . . .it don't matter . . . . . Now you are "involved" with his best friend . . . .

I don't get it.?? Seriously, if you'all are resident in the same locality. . . .the "Best friends" WOULD always see each other every now and then right? . . . . . are you sayin' that the 1st guy doesn't know??

2. you didnt say if you guyz are dating . . . . .you just said that you slept with him . . , , and you neva mentioned him "Proposing" to you anywhere in your post. . . .

Your storyline has too many gaps dear . . .

4 honest opinions, you need to "come-out-of-the-closet" on this one.
Re: Urgent Advice Needed - Dating by marzipan73(f): 6:05pm On Feb 09, 2008
the first guy does not know; the 2nd guy - we have sworn never to telll the first guy. I slept with the 2d guy - three times, but this is the guy i WANT to fully date and marry. Gosh they are best friends though ( 2 Nigerians Yoruba blood). I am British Black of Caribbean descent. He has not proposed or anything, I am waiting and waiting and waiting.

The 2nd guy is 38 years old, no kids; I am 34 with 2 kids.
Re: Urgent Advice Needed - Dating by 4Him(m): 6:14pm On Feb 09, 2008
marzipan73:

the first guy does not know; the 2nd guy - we have sworn never to telll the first guy. I slept with the 2d guy - three times, but this is the guy i WANT to fully date and marry. Gosh they are best friends though ( 2 Nigerians Yoruba blood). I am British Black of Caribbean descent. He has not proposed or anything, I am waiting and waiting and waiting.

The 2nd guy is 38 years old, no kids; I am 34 with 2 kids.

2 best friends, yorubas. Neither will touch u with a 10ft pole when it comes to marriage.
The 2nd guy is having a good time, free sex . . . he wont choose a woman, not even nigerian, over his best friend. The fact that he is not willing to let his friend know is even more proof. Perhaps both are even having a good laugh at ur expense as we speak.

Continue waiting for godot.
Re: Urgent Advice Needed - Dating by Nautillus(m): 6:15pm On Feb 09, 2008
1. Don't be too fast . . . ok   one thing at a time.  Let him propose firstand from what i just read . . . .seems like you guyz just started dating!!

2. You swore?? why?? why??  . . . . .I hope you will neva use that statement in the nearest future. . . . . Place of origin, Tribe and location are completely inconsiquential

My greatest fear for you now is "I hope that they haven't shared this gist" and this second guy isn't just partaking of the "report" on your sexual excapades with the first guy??
Re: Urgent Advice Needed - Dating by adeboo(f): 6:21pm On Feb 09, 2008
I just wanted to say, when it involves guys, best friends, family members etc - Nigerian men would usually run a mile or maybe sleep with u first and the run away.

I dont think the guy that wants to marry u is being genuine - thats just my thought though.
Re: Urgent Advice Needed - Dating by Adeadeleke(m): 6:34pm On Feb 09, 2008
[i]You are in big trouble dear, when the two friends got to know you will be the one to loose, and beside where is the father of the two kids? am asking so that your third child wont be fatherless my advise for you is to stay out of the relationship. Let love find you instead of you looking around for love and dont be too fast because we Nigerian can be desirate atimes.[/i]
Re: Urgent Advice Needed - Dating by marzipan73(f): 6:47pm On Feb 09, 2008
thanks for being honest
Re: Urgent Advice Needed - Dating by marzipan73(f): 1:41pm On Feb 11, 2008
but do you think that a NIgerian man will think that 34 years old woman is too old to marry
Re: Urgent Advice Needed - Dating by Faitymine(m): 2:09pm On Feb 11, 2008
Very pitiful and shameful!
You're a big shit, a disgrace to the entire ladies of this noble group.
undecided undecided grin
Re: Urgent Advice Needed - Dating by Omonunu2u(f): 3:35pm On Feb 11, 2008
Faitymine:

Very pitiful and shameful!
You're a big shit, a disgrace to the entire ladies of this noble group.
undecided undecided grin

hi man that HAD angry
she needs advice not this.

In my country 9ja things are not done this way,
my advice to u is to 4get them,
Thank God u have ur kids,
Love them and let this men go.
Mr Right will come one day.
l
Re: Urgent Advice Needed - Dating by opokonwa(m): 12:00pm On Feb 12, 2008
I wld only add that next time, don't sleep with a man to get his commitment.
For us men, sex is sport that we want to get any time we are aroused; we are hardly emotionally attached to a lady b/c of sex.
Your biggest mistake here.

Being a 34 year old lady with babies is an added responsibility.
I bet the 2nd guy would not want to be saddled with the responsibility of taking care of another man's babies when he can have his own.

Finally most male best friends are open to each other about their sex exploits.
It doesn't mean anything to us concealing it esp when the woman in question is not our wife.
Both guys have probably discussed you while the first is merely playing silent.

VERDICT; The mistakes has been made. The 2nd guy is only your lover-boy.
Beyond that, there is no guarantee.

Make your own decision whether to stay or move on.
Good luck.

(1) (Reply)

Oh, / What's The Most Foolish Thing You Ever Did For Love? / Among D Three Ethnic Group (yoruba,hausa, Ibo) Which One Can U Say Are Beautiful Most ? Free To Cast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.