Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,680 members, 7,882,312 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 09:27 PM

I'm Available For Adoption - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Available For Adoption (3417 Views)

Baby Girl For Adoption / Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? / T (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Available For Adoption by Nobody: 11:17pm On Nov 25, 2012
I'm a male in my early 20s. I lost my mum and dad when I was very young and since then have been living with one family member or the other. I have other siblings too 2boys and a girl. I just need a family that will show me love that I have missed in live. I'm a native of Abeokuta in Ogun State though I grew up here in Lagos. My email is edunmain@yahoo.com
Re: I'm Available For Adoption by Nobody: 11:34pm On Nov 25, 2012
edunmain: Who can adopt me pls?

A bit more background would help. Like how old you are, where you're from, are your parents late? Do you have any siblings, any other family?

And one more thing - you don't just put yourself up for adoption without going via the proper channels. You need to protect yourself from falling into the wrong hands. And prospective adoptive parents also need safeguarding.
Re: I'm Available For Adoption by Nobody: 11:39pm On Nov 25, 2012
Thank you for the advice. I think I will need to modify the write up.
Re: I'm Available For Adoption by baby124: 2:12am On Nov 26, 2012
Hahahaha, me too I am dreaming of the day Oprah will adopt me. My dear, life has thrown you lemons, make lemonade out of it. Life is unfair to you already, and some families are not what they present outside. Do your best always and leave the rest for God. Be honest in your dealings and do things with a clean heart because you never know who and where your breakthrough will come from. You are now the father to your siblings, you can't leave them alone. Show them love and they will show you all the love you need back. Work hard to get each other back under one roof. May God help you all.*hugs*

1 Like

Re: I'm Available For Adoption by Nobody: 8:57am On Nov 26, 2012
Thanks baby_123
Re: I'm Available For Adoption by inwangobio(m): 10:03am On Nov 26, 2012
you are in your early 20s which means you are an adult,i am sure you can weather the storm, what level of academic attainment are you now? is there anything you can do very well, are you computer literate? My dear you dont need anybody to adopt you, what you need is God and your inner will and strong desire to succeed.

1 Like

Re: I'm Available For Adoption by RudySmith(m): 1:02pm On Nov 26, 2012
Poster
Most people won't adopt a emotionally damaged 20yr old, even if they could. U should accept the fact that nobody will b able 2 give u what u require. There were only 2 people who could have done that and they sadly past away. For the respect of their memory, u should grow up, fix urself and *try* 2 have a family of ur own and act right with them hopefully.

Expecting strangers 2 treat u like family is wrong, but expecting strangers 2 luv u like parents luv their children is a bit sick and a clear lack of understanding of what parental luv is. U have emotional issues that needs 2 b resolved b4 u can ever find happiness, have u ever considered talking 2 a professional?

1 Like

Re: I'm Available For Adoption by Nobody: 1:03pm On Nov 26, 2012
Thanks folks. Your advice are encouraging. it is my present predicaments that make me feel I need a family to hookup with.

Currently I am in my Second stage of the ICAN ATSWA ie ATSII and planning to write the march diet next year. I am also computer literate. It has been easy trying to get yourself education. Currently I have no job and for sometimes now I have been looking for part time jobs that will give me time to read and attends Tutorials for my studies. If I could get a part time job that could put food on my table and assist with my studies I will be so grateful but right now I am helpless.
Re: I'm Available For Adoption by Nobody: 1:11pm On Nov 26, 2012
Professionals? I haven't and besides don't know of any sad
Re: I'm Available For Adoption by RudySmith(m): 2:17pm On Nov 26, 2012
edunmain: Thanks folks. Your advice are encouraging. it is my present predicaments that make me feel I need a family to hookup with.

Currently I am in my Second stage of the ICAN ATSWA ie ATSII and planning to write the march diet next year. I am also computer literate. It has been easy trying to get yourself education. Currently I have no job and for sometimes now I have been looking for part time jobs that will give me time to read and attends Tutorials for my studies. If I could get a part time job that could put food on my table and assist with my studies I will be so grateful but right now I am helpless.

Is it really the care of a family that u r looking for or the *help* of a family?
Re: I'm Available For Adoption by inwangobio(m): 2:18pm On Nov 26, 2012
edunmain: Thanks folks. Your advice are encouraging. it is my present predicaments that make me feel I need a family to hookup with.

My brother you dont have any problem, you are in lagos where you have alot of things going on, you dont need a very high paying part time job, you just need something to keep you going till you finish your professional stuff. Just try something and trust God to pick you up, people like you are the ones that normally tell stories of great turn around in their lives. Be focused and believe that God is taking you somewhere. One day you will also be an encouragement to some other person, so keep your hope alive.
Re: I'm Available For Adoption by Nobody: 3:29pm On Nov 26, 2012
Thanks
Re: I'm Available For Adoption by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 26, 2012
RudySmith:

Is it really the care of a family that u r looking for or the *help* of a family?

I need both the care and help of a family.
Re: I'm Available For Adoption by Nobody: 3:34pm On Nov 26, 2012
inwangobio:
My brother you dont have any problem, you are in lagos where you have alot of things going on, you dont need a very high paying part time job, you just need something to keep you going till you finish your professional stuff. Just try something and trust God to pick you up, people like you are the ones that normally tell stories of great turn around in their lives. Be focused and believe that God is taking you somewhere. One day you will also be an encouragement to some other person, so keep your hope alive.

Thanks but its been hard getting something to do part time.
Re: I'm Available For Adoption by EfemenaXY: 3:47pm On Nov 26, 2012
I must be missing something here!

Why on earth would an adult want to be adopted? Isn't the whole point if adoption to provide the basic needs (food, clothing, shelter), love and emotional guidance to minors?

So at age over 20, @poster is willing to change his name? What, if I may ask, would the potential adopting family gain from adopting an adult??
Re: I'm Available For Adoption by RudySmith(m): 3:55pm On Nov 26, 2012
Poster
The smell of a rat is 2 strong 2 b ignored, what u wrote is foul and probably the reason why nobody will ever go down with your request.
Re: I'm Available For Adoption by baby124: 4:04pm On Nov 26, 2012
OP, I get you. You know what you need? A mentor. You are looking for a family because you have never experienced the love of one. Most people don't. You seem like a very smart guy who is going to be very successful. For you to have achieved all this despite your challenges in life is very admirable. Most people will just sit down and cry 'why me'. You will get a job, have you tried applying? Try to make up a cv and pass it around at a company you see yourself in. When you start work look for a mentor. A male with strong values, that you know loves his family and doesn't engage in vices like excessive smoking, drinking and womanizing. That mentor will take you under his wing and may even make you a part of his family. Work hard and work on bringing all your siblings together. You will never starve with an ICAN. I even think you need to be protected sef from the sharks when you make it. Some one looking for love and acceptance is easy easy prey. Forget a family, most are very unhappy, with a lot of drama you don't even need right now. Cling unto the memories of your parents and pull your siblings back together under one roof. Goodluck.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Available For Adoption by Nobody: 4:19pm On Nov 26, 2012
baby_123: OP, I get you. You know what you need? A mentor. You are looking for a family because you have never experienced the love of one. Most people don't. You seem like a very smart guy who is going to be very successful. For you to have achieved all this despite your challenges in life is very admirable. Most people will just sit down and cry 'why me'. You will get a job, have you tried applying? Try to make up a cv and pass it around at a company you see yourself in. When you start work look for a mentor. A male with strong values, that you know loves his family and doesn't engage in vices like excessive smoking, drinking and womanizing. That mentor will take you under his wing and may even make you a part of his family. Work hard and work on bringing all your siblings together. You will never starve with an ICAN. I even think you need to be protected sef from the sharks when you make it. Some one looking for love and acceptance is easy easy prey. Forget a family, most are very unhappy, with a lot of drama you don't even need right now. Cling unto the memories of your parents and pull your siblings back together under one roof. Goodluck.

Thank you baby_123 and God Bless You.
Yes I have a CV and I have been submitting some. I just pray to get a job that will accommodate my lectures and tutorials. It would have been easy if I am not doing the ATS programme, and all the same I don't want to give up on my education.

Thanks once again.
Re: I'm Available For Adoption by baby124: 4:26pm On Nov 26, 2012
edunmain:

Thank you baby_123 and God Bless You.
Yes I have a CV and I have been submitting some. I just pray that the job that will accommodate my lectures and tutorials. It would have been easy if I am not doing the ATS programme, and all the same I don't want to give up on my education.

Thanks once again.

You will find, have patience. You can even try teaching in a school for now as you dont have all your certifications.

1 Like

Re: I'm Available For Adoption by Nobody: 6:18pm On Nov 26, 2012
You guys got to be kidding me! who says only babies can be adopted?
For crying out loud adults and elderly people can also be adopted.
I know people that have adopted mothers at a point in their lives,
only that its not so common in Nigeria.Adoption its just a mindset and anybody
can be adopted irrespective of age.

1 Like

Re: I'm Available For Adoption by EfemenaXY: 6:31pm On Nov 26, 2012
^^ Well, I don't know that though, do I? And I'd genuinely like to understand how adopting an adult male in his 20s works.

I'd also like to know what's in it for the potential adopters? What do they stand to gain from adopting @poster here?
Re: I'm Available For Adoption by EfemenaXY: 6:32pm On Nov 26, 2012
edunmain: I'm a male in my early 20s. I lost my mum and dad when I was very young and since then have been living with one family member or the other. I have other siblings too 2boys and a girl. I just need a family that will show me love that I have missed in live. I'm a native of Abeokuta in Ogun State though I grew up here in Lagos. My email is edunmain@yahoo.com

So say for example, you meet someone / a couple who've expressed mild interest - how do you go about convincing them to take you on? undecided

Apart from giving them sob stories, that is...
Re: I'm Available For Adoption by Nobody: 7:15pm On Nov 26, 2012
Efemena_xy:

So say for example, you meet someone / a couple who've expressed mild interest - how do you go about convincing them to take you on? undecided

Apart from giving them sob stories, that is...

Yea I understand it might be hard to convinced them into taking me on , you can't force anyone to do
anything they don't want to do or that they are not
directly responsible for, but there might be some people there who might have been thinking of adopting someone.
Re: I'm Available For Adoption by EfemenaXY: 7:30pm On Nov 26, 2012
^^ You haven't answered the question.

How do you go about convincing a couple to take you - and adult male, on? Or better still, how do you sell yourself to them?

Assuming they're still undecided and could go either way - for or against? And most importantly, what do they stand to gain from such an association?

These are very simple questions I've asked you. If you can't provide direct answers, it only goes to show that your intentions aren't honourable!
Re: I'm Available For Adoption by Nobody: 8:20pm On Nov 26, 2012
Efemena_xy: ^^ You haven't answered the question.

How do you go about convincing a couple to take you - and adult male, on? Or better still, how do you sell yourself to them?

Assuming they're still undecided and could go either way - for or against? And most importantly, what do they stand to gain from such an association?

These are very simple questions I've asked you. If you can't provide direct answers, it only goes to show that your intentions aren't honourable!

If someone or a couple decided and accepted to take me up as their child it is a moral obligation for me to give back to them by loving them unconditionally and respecting them because you don't bite the hands that feeds you. I will also accept it as my duty to help in the house as any child should. I will be concern about them too since I am an adult. cool
Efemena_xy: ^^ You haven't answered the question.

If someone or a couple decided and accepted to take me up as their child it is a moral obligation for me to give back to them by loving them unconditionally and respecting them because you don't bite the hands that feeds you. I will also accept it as my duty to help in the house as any child should. I will be concern about them too since I am an adult.
Re: I'm Available For Adoption by EfemenaXY: 8:32pm On Nov 26, 2012
Concerned about them in what way? undecided
Re: I'm Available For Adoption by Nobody: 8:36pm On Nov 26, 2012
To know when they are happy or not and try to do my possible best to let them know I can be of help.
Re: I'm Available For Adoption by EfemenaXY: 8:38pm On Nov 26, 2012
So basically, as an adult male, you have NOTHING to offer them.

Abi? It's all about gimme, gimme, gimme....
Re: I'm Available For Adoption by ifyalways(f): 8:43pm On Nov 26, 2012
What you need is a job, pure and simple. The "emotional story" aint really important. You've pulled through to this point so what gives? No real employer would want to employ a "cry baby" so put yourself together. You're wayyy better off than some people with both parents and grands alive.

Go to the job section and keep trying.be positive, lifes not fair, country hard but man must WAC. Sob stories most times attract pity party and nothing more.

PS:anyone above 6years is only eligible for "fostering" and not adoption.
Re: I'm Available For Adoption by Nobody: 8:44pm On Nov 26, 2012
Nope lol... And when I started working it will become my obligations and responsibility to take care of them, especially by the time they will be old and they too will need someone to care and love them. I will like to cater for them just to show them how grateful I am for their support and love.
Re: I'm Available For Adoption by Nobody: 8:48pm On Nov 26, 2012
ifyalways: What you need is a job, pure and simple. The "emotional story" aint really important. You've pulled through to this point so what gives? No real employer would want to employ a "cry baby" so put yourself together. You're wayyy better off than some people with both parents and grands alive.

Go to the job section and keep trying.
PS:anyone above 6years is only eligible for "fostering" and not adoption.

Thanks ifyalways. I have surfing the job section of the nairaland for sometime now, just not been lucky enough to get a job that will suit my time schedule because of classes and tutorials
Re: I'm Available For Adoption by Nobody: 8:57pm On Nov 26, 2012

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Hilarious Question To A Man Or Woman That Has 10minutes Left To Tie The Knot. / The Train 2020 - Must Watch / Please Help Me Before I Die

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.