Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,728 members, 7,875,827 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:26 PM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (524) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (851605 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) (527) ... (788) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by dagr8(m): 10:10pm On Oct 14, 2014
Hi, nice to be back wink

Salc
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 10:20pm On Oct 14, 2014
dagr8 my brother, great to see you. How've you been?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by dagr8(m): 10:36pm On Oct 14, 2014
ihedinobi2:
dagr8 my brother, great to see you. How've you been?
I am fine bro, some bad guys intended spoiling my year...
You are doing a great job,I will go through your posts

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 10:38pm On Oct 14, 2014
No mind dem. Dem don jam rock. Anyhow, fill me in on the other side. And thanks for the compliment smiley
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by SalC: 11:32pm On Oct 14, 2014
dagr8:
Hi, nice to be back wink

Salc
How you?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by dagr8(m): 12:39pm On Oct 15, 2014
ihedinobi2:
No mind dem. Dem don jam rock. Anyhow, fill me in on the other side. And thanks for the compliment smiley
lol@dem don jam rock..they actually did, cos they eventually landed themselves in Government's kind of Jericho
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by dagr8(m): 12:41pm On Oct 15, 2014
SalC:
How you?
Na so? angry
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by SalC: 12:52pm On Oct 15, 2014
dagr8:

Na so? angry
How
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by vickyO(f): 12:53pm On Oct 15, 2014
dagr8:

Na so? angry

Dagr8t, Should I send my cake to you now?

My birthday was yesterday.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by dagr8(m): 2:15pm On Oct 15, 2014
vickyO:

My God...How could I not remember Oct 14, *checks my list* VickyO ,Caracta, chai...I am sorry, situations ni o

HAppy Birthday VickyO, LLNP....about the cake *scratches head* I would rather you bring the cake please

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by dagr8(m): 2:16pm On Oct 15, 2014
SalC:
How
You know na
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by vickyO(f): 2:17pm On Oct 15, 2014
dagr8:

My God...How could I not remember Oct 14, *checks my list* VickyO ,Caracta, chai...I am sorry, situations ni o

HAppy Birthday VickyO, LLNP....about the cake *scratches head* I would rather you bring the cake please

No wahala....
Thank you...

Your address please..
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 15, 2014
cool *paying attention*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by SalC: 4:24pm On Oct 15, 2014
dagr8:

You know na
cheesy
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 9:11pm On Oct 15, 2014
LESSON TEN....

In 1 Corinthians 10:4 (the whole chapter is worthy of meditation), Paul says something remarkable. He says that the Christ is the Rock that sustained the Israelites in the desert.

So the Christ is the Rock. And He is a Rock even from antiquity. So it makes sense that He would be the Rock of which Jesus spoke instead of Peter.

We can say then that Jesus's Christhood is the Rock upon which all true Christianity is built. Outside of it, there is no Christianity.

What do Christians believe then that nobody else does?

That Jesus, the man from Nazareth is the Christ, the Son of the Living God. We Christians are Christians because we believe that Jesus of Nazareth was a full-fledged man and more than a man. We believe that He is also God. And the redeemer of our race.

2 Likes

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 9:31pm On Oct 15, 2014
Thus ends Module One of these "lessons".

Next, we will consider what this belief does to the person who acquires it, that is, how it changes such a person.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by dagr8(m): 9:36pm On Oct 15, 2014
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by dagr8(m): 9:40pm On Oct 15, 2014
vickyO:

No wahala....
Thank you...

Your address please..
You are welcome
It seems you are very much around now, right?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 11:21pm On Oct 15, 2014
^^^Sorry O.

We all learn everyday, sha. Isn't Jesus the same as Christ you're mentioning as different entity or they different?.

How can Jesus be talking about himself to Peter if he wasn't referring to Peter?

What's the essence of Simon changing his name to Peter if there wasn't an uterior motive he'll stand as the rock?

Question for the gods I think.

Well, we are all learning. embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 7:33am On Oct 16, 2014
FrancisTony:
^^^Sorry O.

We all learn everyday, sha. Isn't Jesus the same as Christ you're mentioning as different entity or they different?.
Yes we all do, bro.

They are. However, The Christ is not just a person, it is a position like The King or The President. Sometimes, I speak to define the position as a thing in itself. At other times, I associate it with the person who has won it as their right.

Jesus is the Christ, the only One Who won that position and has the right to wield its authority.

FrancisTony: How can Jesus be talking about himself to Peter if he wasn't referring to Peter?
Do you remember what began that talk? Jesus asked His disciples first who other people claimed He was and second who they themselves thought He was. That talk was all about Him from the start and He was about to tell them exactly Who He really was and What He came to do on earth.

So when Peter answered, what Jesus did was confirm what he had said and tell them the way anyone could actually possess that kind of information. As Paul also said later, no one could name Jesus Lord (a very significant statement) unless they were speaking by the Holy Ghost. John too later said that the way that we can identify the spirit that opposes Christ is its refusal to admit that Jesus the Christ came into humanity (another very significant statement too).

What Jesus did was illustrate to His disciples that only people enabled by God Himself could see that He was the Christ. And that only such people who could see that were of His Church.

FrancisTony: What's the essence of Simon changing his name to Peter if there wasn't an uterior motive he'll stand as the rock?
You know that it was Jesus Himself Who surnamed Him Peter, don't you? There was no change of name. Jesus simply added a name to him.

I did point out (you can check in Lesson Nine, I think) that Jesus named Simon "rock" as an example of other believers. All believers are called "living stones" or "living rocks". Simon was the first human that we know that confessed Jesus's whole identity. And Jesus used him as an illustration of other confessors like him.

FrancisTony: Question for the gods I think.

Well, we are all learning. embarassed
Why would you say that? smiley Questions and comments are well welcome. I'm very glad you asked your questions. You shouldn't hold back.

Yes, we are.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 5:04pm On Oct 16, 2014
MODULE TWO is going to be focused on Destiny rather than Transformation contrary to my earlier promise.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 10:20pm On Oct 16, 2014
MODULE TWO, LESSON ELEVEN....

We know now what Christians believe that nobody else does. But what does this belief mean? Where does it lead?

Christians were named after Christ. They made a big deal of Christ, that was why. But what is the Christ? What is the big deal?

Christhood is a position. The word literally means "Anointed (or Chosen) One". Chosen for what? By whom? And on what qualifications?

These questions are necessary to learn what the end of Christianity is. If there is no purpose to all the hullabaloo, then it means absolutely nothing. And in fact, as Paul put it, Christians are worse off than any human alive if there is nothing to look forward to for all their "sacrifice" (if you have walked the Christian walk for a little bit, you know that it makes pretty strict demands upon you).

Think about the questions a little and we will pick up from them next time.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 12:15am On Oct 17, 2014
Pls my people pray for me I need wisdom,knowledge and understanding to go through school and for boldness cos I am scared,abt 3 month to exams I have started reading like someone who has exam d next day pls pray for me and I also need ur encouragement.thank you.God bless you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 7:18am On Oct 17, 2014
Thanks, Ihedinobi2.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by MacCantStopMe: 7:28am On Oct 17, 2014
grin grin
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 17, 2014
vickyO:

Mine is today wink smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by MacCantStopMe: 9:15am On Oct 17, 2014
toba:

Mine is today wink smiley

Happy birthday, old man.

grin

Signed

LB
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 9:18am On Oct 17, 2014
MacCantStopMe:

Happy birthday, old man.

grin

Signed

LB

I no too old like that.

I just added one more year to the ones I've spent already

Thanks man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 9:55am On Oct 17, 2014
FrancisTony:
Thanks, Ihedinobi2.
I'm pleased to help. I don't suppose you still have objections or questions, do you?

@SAVEDBABA, is it always like this when you write exams?

@toba, happy birthday, bro. You're very scarce.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 9:55am On Oct 17, 2014
MacCantStopMe:
grin grin
You haven't got the laughs, have you?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 17, 2014
ihedinobi2:

I'm pleased to help. I don't suppose you still have objections or questions, do you?

@SAVEDBABA, is it always like this when you write exams?

@toba, happy birthday, bro. You're very scarce.
no,its because of wot has happened to me in d past.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 10:54am On Oct 17, 2014
SAVEDBABA:
no,its because of wot has happened to me in d past.
Is it something you can talk about? If it is, please tell us what happened. Or if you prefer a private conversation, you can PM me too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) (527) ... (788) (Reply)

Higher Everyday — Fix Your Gaze on Christ / Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.