Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,107 members, 7,887,219 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:59 AM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (526) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (855732 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (523) (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) ... (788) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by MacCantStopMe: 8:18pm On Oct 18, 2014
ihedinobi2:

Don't I always? smiley

no
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 8:20pm On Oct 18, 2014
MacCantStopMe:

no
So you say, so you say. smiley
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by MacCantStopMe: 8:26pm On Oct 18, 2014
FrancisTony and Ihedinobi,

why is it that people (incuding you) are very biased and vindictive with their likes and shares?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 8:42pm On Oct 18, 2014
What on earth are you talking about?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 18, 2014
Ihedinobi2, okay! I'll be waiting. I'm good Sir.

MacCantStopMe, abi na Logicboy or illogicallad, wetin you dey yarn?

angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by MacCantStopMe: 9:19pm On Oct 18, 2014
ihedinobi2:
What on earth are you talking about?

MacCantStopMe:
FrancisTony and Ihedinobi,
why is it that people (incuding you) are very biased and vindictive with their likes and shares?

#I know
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by youngice(m): 11:57pm On Oct 18, 2014
please I am tired and confused and sad, I have this hole in my heart I feel with some "things" .
I heard something about sins towards the Holy spirit and about how they can't be forgiven .
-does this mean that salvation is not for every body , because if a sin can't be forgiven this implies that some people are destined to go to hell
- please what sin I classified as a sin against the holy spirit
- how can you know u have sinned against the holy spirit , because I've observed that nothing Christian really moves me again
Please mature CHRISTIAN COMMENTS ONLY
-----troubled Bros
PS whenever I try reading the bible I lose comprehension
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by chaloner(m): 1:02pm On Oct 19, 2014
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 2:12pm On Oct 19, 2014
youngice:
please I am tired and confused and sad, I have this hole in my heart I feel with some "things" .
I heard something about sins towards the Holy spirit and about how they can't be forgiven .
-does this mean that salvation is not for every body , because if a sin can't be forgiven this implies that some people are destined to go to hell
- how can you know u have sinned against the holy spirit , because I've observed that nothing Christian really moves me again
-----troubled Bros
Hi smiley

This is a normal phase in the pursuit of God. I will explain more clearly later today. Just hang in there, bro.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Ukutsgp(m): 2:54pm On Oct 19, 2014
Why are there no christian thread on fp today? Fvck the mods
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 2:59pm On Oct 19, 2014
Ukutsgp:
Why are there no christian thread on fp today? Fvck the mods

I hear there are some religious issues nairaland is facing

God help us
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Ajibam: 4:17pm On Oct 19, 2014
youngice:
-----troubled Bros
Matured christians only? lipsrsealed
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by MacCantStopMe: 6:53pm On Oct 19, 2014
ihedinobi2:

Hi smiley

This is a normal phase in the pursuit of God. I will explain more clearly later today. Just hang in there, bro.

Still waiting...........................
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Ukutsgp(m): 8:08pm On Oct 19, 2014
AllNaijaBlogger:

I hear there are some religious issues nairaland is facing

God help us
which religious issues they are facing? They should tell us then.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 12:17am On Oct 20, 2014
youngice:
Don't lose it yet, bro. Lots of us face the same thing in our pursuit of God. We get to the place where the rhetoric just doesn't work anymore, when the feelings fade and the motions no longer satisfy.

At that time, we sense the emptiness that only Truth and Reality can feel. That point at which personal experience becomes everything.

Some people will definitely end up in hell. It will be entirely their choice not some destiny that was fixed for them.

The sin against the Holy Spirit that cannot be forgiven is this: blasphemy. And when you consider that the Holy Spirit is the One Who makes repentance possible, then blasphemy against Him simply makes it impossible for the blasphemer to use His Grace. You cannot get any nutrition out of food you refuse to eat.

If this sin is committed in ignorance, it can be forgiven. Paul was forgiven, remember? It is not that God will never forgive the sin, it is that the conscious blasphemer will never repent it. Be sure of this: if you confess your sin, ANY SIN, however sinful it may be, God will forgive. But if you are too arrogant to seek mercy, you will reject it even when it is offered to you on a platter of gold studded with diamonds.

The blasphemy is like when the Pharisees said that Jesus cast out demons by the power of the devil. Think a little about what they were really saying.

-----troubled Bros
Like I said, there is this time when all the religious feelings die. It happens. It does not mean that you have done the unpardonable. In my own time, I really thought that I was destined to be the antichrist myself. I was terrified to see that I was losing all the feeling, the interest and all. Shortly after I stopped refering to myself as a Christian. I started to seriously consider what the Bible described as a Christian and compare it to what I was and I didn't see the similarity I hoped for.

A while later God found me and made me His Own. The key to this situation is honesty. You can't carry on with a pretence and noise. At some point, it must be real or it must be nothing.

As for sin against the Holy Spirit, it cannot be committed unconsciously.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by youngice(m): 7:59am On Oct 20, 2014
ihedinobi2:

Don't lose it yet, bro. Lots of us face the same thing in our pursuit of God. We get to the place where the rhetoric just doesn't work anymore, when the feelings fade and the motions no longer satisfy.

At that time, we sense the emptiness that only Truth and Reality can feel. That point at which personal experience becomes everything.

Some people will definitely end up in hell. It will be entirely their choice not some destiny that was fixed for them.

The sin against the Holy Spirit that cannot be forgiven is this: blasphemy. And when you consider that the Holy Spirit is the One Who makes repentance possible, then blasphemy against Him simply makes it impossible for the blasphemer to use His Grace. You cannot get any nutrition out of food you refuse to eat.

If this sin is committed in ignorance, it can be forgiven. Paul was forgiven, remember? It is not that God will never forgive the sin, it is that the conscious blasphemer will never repent it. Be sure of this: if you confess your sin, ANY SIN, however sinful it may be, God will forgive. But if you are too arrogant to seek mercy, you will reject it even when it is offered to you on a platter of gold studded with diamonds.

The blasphemy is like when the Pharisees said that Jesus cast out demons by the power of the devil. Think a little about what they were really saying.

Like I said, there is this time when all the religious feelings die. It happens. It does not mean that you have done the unpardonable. In my own time, I really thought that I was destined to be the antichrist myself. I was terrified to see that I was losing all the feeling, the interest and all. Shortly after I stopped refering to myself as a Christian. I started to seriously consider what the Bible described as a Christian and compare it to what I was and I didn't see the similarity I hoped for.

A while later God found me and made me His Own. The key to this situation is honesty. You can't carry on with a pretence and noise. At some point, it must be real or it must be nothing.

As for sin against the Holy Spirit, it cannot be committed unconsciously.
I don't know how to thank u, u have really helped me. Please will it be possible for u to gimme a means to contact u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Havilah93(m): 8:07am On Oct 20, 2014
A word of inspiration to those who will be facing a hard time this week, don't give up! Face that challenge, and with hardworking and God on your side, you'll surely conquer.

http://havilah93./2014/10/16/no-arms-no-legs-no-worries-life-lessons-from-nick-vujicic/

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 20, 2014
If u knw ur a chronic self-servicer and u just cant help it and u feel guilty after doin it and u want to stop but u just cant, hey i got good news for u.. Jesus wants u to table it to him, he will fill in u a new spirit and will reveal to u the demon dats possessing u and drive him out.. All u need do is kneel down and pray psalm 51... Den throway every material dat makes u do such, frm ur fhone and laptop as well..den read abt succubus and incubus and belial...yh browse out these names... Go through every detail abt them.. Den u wil realise ur problem...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 9:39am On Oct 20, 2014
youngice:

I don't know how to thank u, u have really helped me. Please will it be possible for u to gimme a means to contact u
Sure. You can pm me. We'll take it from there.

I'm enormously pleased to help, bro.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Timmytimmy: 11:37am On Oct 20, 2014
ihedinobi2:

Sure. You can pm me. We'll take it from there.

I'm enormously pleased to help, bro.

I had given up hope of seeing mature Christians on NL until I saw what you and some other people had to say about certain issues. God bless you immensely.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 11:43am On Oct 20, 2014
Timmytimmy:

I had given up hope of seeing mature Christians on NL until I saw what you and some other people had to say about certain issues. God bless you immensely.
Abeg, the guy na egghead. Wetin im sabi?

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 11:44am On Oct 20, 2014
Timmytimmy:

God bless you too, my brother.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 12:00pm On Oct 20, 2014
musKeeto:

grin
grin
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Timmytimmy: 12:16pm On Oct 20, 2014
musKeeto:

grin

cheesy
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 2:09pm On Oct 20, 2014
what's amusing these two eggheads?

btw @obidike...olee way? and@FT howdy?wink
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 3:03pm On Oct 20, 2014
ATMC:

Nne, o nwedi'i! smiley A na-emekwa?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 4:57pm On Oct 20, 2014
Time-out...

I wondered where to put this really. On my diary, facebook page, blog? Couldn't decide. Even wondered if I should start a new thread about it but honestly I can't afford to run a thread right now. This is a bit of a fire-and-forget type.

So there's this movie, The Pregnancy Project. I deliberately avoided seeing it when I heard of it for the first time (earlier this year, I think). My reason was simple: promiscuity is practically glorified today, sexùal impropriety is essentially an alien concept to a great many minds today especially in the West.

I mean, I think it's embarrassing to talk about sexùal failure and sexùal habits casually. To say nothing of talking of the former as no failure. Recently, I heard someone practically say that we all fail and therefore we should not judge failure. In other words, the mere fact that someone is in a constant battle with, say, mastùrbation means that he cannot call somebody else out on promiscuity.

If you dare to say, hey, that's wrong, you shouldn't do that, you better not be doing anything even remotely wrong. Because you can't judge when you're fighting with failure too.

Let's draw out the thought just a little.

If we seriously believed that only the person with zero failure has the right to call anyone out on something wrong that they did, then we should abolish all judicial systems, should we not? Why arrest someone for murder if you yourself pilfer money at home or at work? You can't arrest a räpist when you yourself are a Viewer, can you? And so on.

But, of course, we don't believe that. We know that even if all of us have flaws in our lives, the only way to keep things working right is combating those flaws within us and within others. We cannot ignore other people's failures because the entire human race is one organism. We affect each other. When we ignore a moral defect, it spreads like a cancer through our collective consciousness until our collective moral philosophy is thrown into confusion and our very humanity is threatened.

Culture is formed out of norms. Norms become norms because what someone started was perpetuated or allowed by others until it became common practice. And once something becomes a norm, it's soon a custom and finally an identity for a group of people.

And cultures, like ideas, are transmissible across geographical divides. So something that isn't questioned effectively in one part of the world soon defines humanity for a group of human beings on the other side of the world.

This is why we have judicial systems, to stem evil and prevent humanity from descending into unchecked depravity. We KNOW this. But somehow lose sight of it once we start talking religion.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 5:58pm On Oct 20, 2014
ATMC:

Adi m fine. Kedu ihe n'eme nau. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 6:15pm On Oct 20, 2014
Egg don boil o. Nice one ihe. grin

Brother from another mother. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 6:33pm On Oct 20, 2014
So, the more I thought about the whole thing, especially the state of sexüal philosophy today, the more I remembered a passage in Revelation where John kept repeating how the inhabitants of the earth saw demonstration after demonstration of the reality, power and righteousness of God and with each one hardened themselves in a state of unrepentance.

According to John, "they gave not God the glory". And "they repented not of (a whole host of wickednesses)". Think about it. The atheist insists that God does not just come and prove by Himself that He exists, yet the Bible says that in time there will be manifest events that should end whatever doubting they still have but that even those events will not end their wickedness and rebellion.

The agnostic insists that it is impossible to know what God's identity is and sometimes whether it can be known whether He does exist or not. But a day will come too when the reality will be smack-in-your-face and even they will not cease their wickedness or worship Him.

But, we need not look forward to some day in the future when angels will be flying with wings and in white everywhere or horses with human faces and snake tails come prancing through the earth to know how wicked man's heart is becoming. It surrounds us everyday now.

Just look at media. Even at your own self. How does a true child of God who insists that they have been saved by the Death of Jesus Christ on the Cross of Calvary look you in the eye and say that having sëx before marriage is just another failure that people should not judge others for? How?! Do you know what the Bible says about sexùal immorality? It says that it should not even be spoken of among us. That if we found anyone claiming Christ and indulging in it we should ostracize them until they come to their senses and repent.

But dare to challenge someone about that today and here's what you'll hear: "is it your business what adults do in their privacy?" Or "do you have no sin or failure of your own?" Or "we all sin, that's what grace is for".

Do these things shock you enough? If they don't, you are an example of the apathy that Jesus warned about. Our Lord said that in these days the love of many will wax cold because of the abundance of iniquity.

Statements like that should arrest the attention of the average believer today.

How do believers today "form" sophisticated and enlightened, so enlightened that the Bible, the collection of books that Jesus Himself said spoke of Him, is now unreliable for guidance?

Do these things make you wonder?

The Bible asks, when the foundation is destroyed, what shall the righteous do? What do we have when we start denying the very rock out of which we were hewn? At what point did it become fashionable to be less "spiritual"?

These things show themselves in sharp relief in the issues of sexuality.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 6:55pm On Oct 20, 2014
There was the movie right there. The first thing that smacked me like a massive fist in the face was the unspoken assumption that it is not just normal but practically expected that unmarried teenagers should actually be running around having sêx.

The prevailing sentiment, it seems, is that pre-marital sèx is not only ok, but actually necessary. The first time I happened on those sentiments was right here on Nairaland and I was totally bowled over. Then at another time I had to face a curious doctrine that as long as two Christians were willing to be married to each other, they could carry on like a married couple. I've heard things that I can't even call ridiculous. And my wonder ceased only after I came to accept the reality that the Bible was being evicted as moral authority in the lives of Christians.

This young lady who made this video set out to show how poorly people treat a teenage girl who gets pregnant out of hand. This would of course generate sympathy and shame and, guess what, a questioning of the moral limit on pregnancy. That is, what really is so wrong with a teenage girl getting pregnant without being married? Aren't we just being too hard on people simply because it's not us or OUR people that are in the same situation?

What has that led us to? You yourself can tell. How much moral confusion are we in today? Who knows where right ends and wrong begins anymore? If the Bible says it's wrong, for some people today that automatically means that it's probably alright. Who wants to be restricted by "God"?

If I have any annoyance it is simply at the Christians who prance about calling themselves that and blatantly attacking the very foundation of the name they claim.

Who really are you? What do you stand for? Do you know what right and wrong is? What kind of world would you like to live in? Is it one that CAN sustain Life?

Ask yourself those questions until you can answer them.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 6:57pm On Oct 20, 2014
musKeeto:
Egg don boil o. Nice one ihe. grin

Brother from another mother. grin
grin

How the plasmodia, dude?

(1) (2) (3) ... (523) (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) ... (788) (Reply)

Higher Everyday — Boldness Of The Righteous / Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.