Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,771 members, 7,965,904 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 02:07 AM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (539) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (882007 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) ... (789) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 1:52am On Nov 25, 2014
yetseyi:
Hi every one wishing you a happy sunday

cc: ihedinobi2, HBG,ATMC, TEXANOMALY,Ujsizzle, mintayo, DAgr8,salc

BTW who has heared from spicymimi and damex been long since i saw those 2.

CREAM333 should be someones alternate moniker, cant remember who.

exceeding grace everyone

This chatbox is not as active as it used to be naaaw.

anyway merry christmas in advance grin ihedinobi abeg dnt try that stuff u did last christmas again oo.
Lol. I won't.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 1:53am On Nov 25, 2014
HumbledbYGrace:
Not yet, I won't even until you withfraw the questions tongue
You're gonna be hungover a long time.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by CREAM333: 1:12am On Nov 26, 2014
yetseyi:

how are you naaaw and how is school. smiley

school is good o, Thanks a bunch
How bout you, How you doing? How is school also?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 9:51am On Nov 28, 2014
HumbledbYGrace:
Didn't u say they are beautiful
cheesy wink wink smiley smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Religionsection(f): 12:29pm On Nov 28, 2014
The ad rate is amazing grin
Why is the thread so scanty like this, is it because of Christmas? shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 9:00am On Dec 01, 2014
Question!!!

How does one sin against the holy spirit?

@yetseyi humbledbygrace ihedinobi2 dagr8 cream333 atmc reyginus texanomaly mintayo
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Mynd44: 9:06am On Dec 01, 2014
UjSizzle:
Question!!!

@yetseyi humbledbygrace ihedinobi2 dagr8 cream333 atmc reyginus texanomaly mintayo
This is gonna be good
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 9:18am On Dec 01, 2014
Mynd44:

This is gonna be good
Lol
Your contribution is also welcome smiley
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Mynd44: 10:16am On Dec 01, 2014
UjSizzle:

Lol
Your contribution is also welcome smiley
Mine? I used to think it is one of the many ways which preachers keep people spell bound and come back for the next service just like "spirit husbands and spirit wives"...

I stand corrected sha
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 10:30am On Dec 01, 2014
UjSizzle:
Question!!!

By not accepting his witness-that jesus is the son of God. #notaprophetofislam
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 10:37am On Dec 01, 2014
mynd...here is a gift for u...a patridge in a pear tree ummm#somebody help me with a meme
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Mynd44: 10:48am On Dec 01, 2014
ATMC:
mynd...here is a gift for u...a patridge in a pear tree ummm#somebody help me with a meme
I will prefer a Fanta
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 10:58am On Dec 01, 2014
ATMC:
By not accepting his witness-that jesus is the son of God. #notaprophetofislam
If that's unforgivable, how do you reconcile it with Christ welcoming sinners and forgiving their past sins?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:52am On Dec 01, 2014
Mynd44:

This is gonna be good
mxm, answer the question please.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 12:34pm On Dec 01, 2014
UjSizzle:

If that's unforgivable, how do you reconcile it with Christ welcoming sinners and forgiving their past sins?
Sinners who come to him after they 'recieved' the witness of the holy spirit. grab?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 12:51pm On Dec 01, 2014
ATMC:
Sinners who come to him after they 'recieved' the witness of the holy spirit. grab?
Nope, I don't 'grab'.

If sinning against the spirit is what you say it is, then a lot more people are condemned for eternity then.
Say Mynd refuses the witness of the Holy spirit, that makes him a sinner; and hence pretty much unforgivable.
If then Mynd accepts the witness after say...3yrs, going by the gospel of grace and redemption, it means he is a new creation. Old things have passed away and all things have become new.
Mynd is no longer condemned. He is forgiven and deemed to have walked in the dark.

Now reconcile this again to the sin against the Holy spirit being "unforgivable".
If you accept that Christ forgives past sins, then it cancels out the original statement and makes Him a liar.
If you don't, then it still makes Him a liar.
If the sin comes after he had received the witness, is he turns around to condemn this gift or stops believing (atheist things), then I have reasons to be disturbed by this.
If you have reason to ponder about this, then your response may just be wrong.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Mynd44: 12:53pm On Dec 01, 2014
Wait why do I have to be a guinea pig?

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 1:05pm On Dec 01, 2014
Mynd44:
Wait why do I have to be a guinea pig?
grin grin

Because you're a sweetheart

2 Likes

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by jaybee3(m): 1:08pm On Dec 01, 2014
UjSizzle:

kiss kiss kiss kiss

Because you're my sweetheart
awwwwww

kiss kiss kiss kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 1:18pm On Dec 01, 2014
UjSizzle:

Nope, I don't 'grab'.

If sinning against the spirit is what you say it is, then a lot more people are condemned for eternity then.
Say Mynd refuses the witness of the Holy spirit, that makes him a sinner; and hence pretty much unforgivable.
If then Mynd accepts the witness after say...3yrs, going by the gospel of grace and redemption, it means he is a new creation. Old things have passed away and all things have become new.
Mynd is no longer condemned. He is forgiven and deemed to have walked in the dark.

Now reconcile this again to the sin against the Holy spirit being "unforgivable".
If you accept that Christ forgives past sins, then it cancels out the original statement and makes Him a liar.
If you don't, then it still makes Him a liar.
If the sin comes after he had received the witness, is he turns around to condemn this gift or stops believing (atheist things), then I have reasons to be disturbed by this.
If you have reason to ponder about this, then your response may just be wrong.
ur last statement got me laughing hard. I ain't pondering anymore, I did once but now it's clear. One who rejects the witness that Jesus is the son of God today would hardly come around tomorrow to say 'I believe...' That's why there is no forgiveness actually because there is no repentance. grab now?#winks

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Mynd44: 1:39pm On Dec 01, 2014
UjSizzle:

grin grin

Because you're a sweetheart
I rebuke you in Obatala's name
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Mynd44: 1:40pm On Dec 01, 2014
jaybee3:

awwwwww

kiss kiss kiss kiss
*coughs*
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 2:40pm On Dec 01, 2014
jaybee3:

awwwwww

kiss kiss kiss kiss
Daylight robbing grin

I love you too kiss

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 2:42pm On Dec 01, 2014
ATMC:
ur last statement got me laughing hard. I ain't pondering anymore, I did once but now it's clear. One who rejects the witness that Jesus is the son of God today would hardly come around tomorrow to say 'I believe...' That's why there is no forgiveness actually because there is no repentance. grab now?#winks
Now that's just wrong.

You've just said there is no hope for the world then, no repentance, no forgiveness, no 'choice', nothing at all.

Have you read Mr Anony's conversion story before?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 2:43pm On Dec 01, 2014
Mynd44:

I rebuke you in Obatala's name
Jesus pass am

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 7:18pm On Dec 01, 2014
UjSizzle:
Question!!!

There's a link I found. I perused it quickly and I think it does the job very well. I don't have the time right now to do more than share the link with you. You should read it.

www.desiringgod.org/sermons/beyond-forgiveness-blasphemy-against-the-spirit
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 7:51pm On Dec 01, 2014
ihedinobi2:

There's a link I found. I perused it quickly and I think it does the job very well. I don't have the time right now to do more than share the link with you. You should read it.

www.desiringgod.org/sermons/beyond-forgiveness-blasphemy-against-the-spirit
Found my answer. Thank you smiley

Why This Particular Sin Makes Repentance Impossible But why does this one particular sin, this one blasphemy, make it impossible to repent and be forgiven? What about blasphemy against the Son of God, or God the Father, or angels, or Scripture, or the church? Why do these not put us beyond repentance and forgiveness? Why only blasphemy against the Holy Spirit? I think it's because of the unique and decisive role the Holy Spirit plays in our salvation. If we look to God the Father and then turn from his glory to embrace sin, that is bad. If we look to his Son Jesus Christ whom he sent into the world and then turn away fromhisglory to embrace sin, that is doubly bad. But in either case there is hope. The Father has planned redemption, the Son has accomplished redemption. This wonderful redemption is outside ourselves and available to us if we repent of our sin and turn back to Christ in faith. But it is the unique and special role of the Holy Spirit to apply the Father's plan and the Son's accomplishment of it to our hearts. It is the Spirit's work to open our eyes, to grant repentance, and to make us beneficiaries of all that the Father has planned and all that Christ has done for us. If we blaspheme and reject the Father and the Son, there is still hope, for the Spirit may yet work within us to humble us and bring us to repentance. But if behind the Father and the Son we see and taste the power of the Holy Spirit and reject his work as no more precious than the work of Satan, we shut ourselves off from the only one who could ever bring us to repentance. And so we shut ourselves off from forgiveness.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 9:07pm On Dec 01, 2014
UjSizzle:

You're welcome. smiley
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 11:39am On Dec 02, 2014
ATMC:
UjSizzle:

my point exactly...no repentance, hence no forgiveness. I wasn't wrong after all.smiley
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:58pm On Dec 02, 2014
Mynd44:

This is gonna be good

Lord have mercy. U still here?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:00pm On Dec 02, 2014
So we heathens took over the section and xtians quarantined themselves here?
bunch of cryst-following cowards.

(1) (2) (3) ... (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) ... (789) (Reply)

Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Higher Everyday — Sing Spiritual Songs / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.