Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,313 members, 7,974,383 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 10:48 PM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (884997 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (789) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by An0nimus: 1:59pm On Apr 01, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: the name could cost you a fortune. tongue tongue
thats not a problem..just tell me first then we can sort out the rest after thatwink
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 2:08pm On Apr 01, 2013
An0nimus:
thats not a problem..just tell me first then we can sort out the rest after thatwink
that would ruin his nl identity tongue
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by An0nimus: 2:49pm On Apr 01, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: that would ruin his nl identity tongue
lol smart girl..dont worry I have my ways. I'll fish him out cool
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 5:12pm On Apr 01, 2013
An0nimus:
lol smart girl..dont worry I have my ways. I'll fish him out cool
lol...goodluck with that tongue

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ufe: 2:15am On Apr 03, 2013
Hello christian nairalanders,
I need some advice from you as I am confused and don't know what to do.
We go to a church here in the uk and have been members since 2011.last year I got pregnant and to God be the glory I had my baby in january.The problem I'm facing now is about my sons dedication.I recently heard a lot of things about the pastor of the church and many members have infact left the church.these rumours are scary and I have since told my husband that we should look for another place of worship.He doesn't agree with me and has continued to go there .He's now insisting that our son is dedicated in that church by that same pastor.As a new and young mother I am confused and worried about who lays hands on my newborn as I don't know of those rumours I have heard about that pastor is true.this days we don't know who is who.pls what do I do?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by superbloke(m): 1:01pm On Apr 03, 2013
ufe: Hello christian nairalanders,
I need some advice from you as I am confused and don't know what to do.
We go to a church here in the uk and have been members since 2011.last year I got pregnant and to God be the glory I had my baby in january.The problem I'm facing now is about my sons dedication.I recently heard a lot of things about the pastor of the church and many members have infact left the church.these rumours are scary and I have since told my husband that we should look for another place of worship.He doesn't agree with me and has continued to go there .He's now insisting that our son is dedicated in that church by that same pastor.As a new and young mother I am confused and worried about who lays hands on my newborn as I don't know of those rumours I have heard about that pastor is true.this days we don't know who is who.pls what do I do?
What kind of rumours are you hearing? Have you been able to confirm them? Do they question the authenticity of the pastor's calling by God? I believe the dedication is to God and not to the church or the pastor. You, together with your husband, are the custodian of the child, not the pastor so his job is to dedicate to God. Your's is to daily dedicate his life and wellbeing to God and teach him the ways of the Lord. That the pastor has allegations over his head doesn't mean God won't accept a child dedicated to Him. Remember, romans 11:29...for the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. Do not let this cause any rift between you and your husband. I pray God gives you wisdom.

3 Likes

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 5:32pm On Apr 03, 2013
@ufe

In addition to the above, dear sister, until the pastor himself has been taken to task over what is being said about him and he has given some answer, it is not right to react as though the rumors are true, whatever they may be.

However, God has called us to peace. If you trust your husband to be following the Lord, then follow him too. If he were the one speaking here, I would have suggested that he find a way to question the pastor about what is being said about him. But since it's you, I can only encourage you to ask him to see if he can't find a way to ask the pastor to clear things up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ufe: 5:40pm On Apr 03, 2013
Thanks a lot superbloke and ihedinobi.will do as you have advised.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 7:58pm On Apr 03, 2013
Superbloke and Ihedinobi good work.
I hope all goes well with you Ufe smiley
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 7:38am On Apr 05, 2013
have a lovely weekend guys...

@uj:
smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 9:11am On Apr 05, 2013
Awww thanx Keetz smiley

guys hi. I've got a question.
When a person receives the power to speak in tongues from the holy Spirit, is it possible for them to lose it??

Gracie, how's your leg? Hope it's better now.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 9:19am On Apr 05, 2013
uj_sizzle: Awww thanx Keetz smiley

guys hi. I've got a question.
When a person receives the power to speak in tongues from the holy Spirit, is it possible for them to lose it??

The gift of tongues is just what it is- a gift. No one can loose it after gaining it. However, the gift of tongues is no guarantee of making heaven, neither is it evidence of a holy life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by sweettease(f): 9:50am On Apr 05, 2013
CFCfan:

The gift of tongues is just what it is- a gift. No one can loose it after gaining it. However, the gift of tongues is no guarantee of making heaven, neither is it evidence of a holy life.
Seconded.... Dats y i don't get too excited wen i meet someone for the first time and discover he/she has the gift of speakin in tongues or too suspicious wen i discover someone dat lives a reckless life speaks in tongue.... Its just not proof that the person is living a holy life

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 5:41pm On Apr 05, 2013
Thanx CFCfan smiley.

Where is everybody?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by An0nimus: 7:10pm On Apr 05, 2013
uj_sizzle: Thanx CFCfan smiley.

Where is everybody?
Present Ma cool
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by peteregwu(m): 9:56pm On Apr 06, 2013
hello everyone, just passing by..i decided to join u brethren.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by DePriest: 10:40am On Apr 07, 2013
May God bless U: Uju, the creator of this thread (for your maturity in handling the early posts/contributions) and others who have contributed positively to the success of this thread. I will luv to join u guys.
Thanks,
Cheers &
God's grace

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 2:22pm On Apr 07, 2013
uj_sizzle:

its better, can't wear my stilettos though, but I will be back to my old self soon. Thanks
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 2:25pm On Apr 07, 2013
peteregwu: hello everyone, just passing by..i decided to join u brethren.
DePriest: May God bless U: Uju, the creator of this thread (for your maturity in handling the early posts/contributions) and others who have contributed positively to the success of this thread. I will luv to join u guys.
Thanks,
Cheers &
God's grace
your welcome brothers

@ all, blessed week ahead.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 4:14pm On Apr 07, 2013
Hello guys, missed u all, @dedicating a child issue, i dont think kinda important,just try and pray first, i dont know,but i tend 2 listen 2 every word d pastor is saying wen praying before saying amen, mayb cos d bible says says there will be many fake preachers, in d end time, and everyone knows dat d end time is already here. @and d issue of speaking in tongues, i can't even speak in tongues yet but i know speaking in tongues is a gift. And now my own question, must every christian speak in tongues, cos i went 2 a church and they kre laying so much emphasis no speaking in tongues, lyk if u dont speak in tongue u are not a christian, they say speaking in tongues makes u connect wit God,can't u connect witout speaking in tongues.?

Hbg,uj,muskeeto,ihenobi(i hope i got dat rite.) and every one i didn't write d name here. Thanks 4 keeping ds thread wonderful and lively o.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 12:19am On Apr 08, 2013
Welcome Peteregwu, we're glad to have you with us smiley.

Thankyou DePriest smiley. The spirit gives us the grace and strength required. Welcome and thanx for stopping by.
We hope to see more of you two.

@Damexx, you've bn missed too. Hope everything's well with you? smiley. Concerning speaking in tongues, we've handled a similar question somewhere on this thread if I'm not mistaken. The spirit gives the gift and a lot more others to whom it wishes. Anyone telling you that speaking in tongues is compulsory for all Christian is wrong.
Some speak in tongues, some interprete, some prophesy, others preach and teach. We are all members of one body with Christ as the head. No one gift is more important than the other, neither should the impact of any be marginalized. There are a good number of Christians who have these gifts and yet neither use it properly nor glorify God with it.
I'd advise you didn't ask to receive it cos many who have n still haven't received for reasons best known to God have used it as a reason to be sidetracked from their faith.
You will have it when He knows you are ready to have it.
God knows best(timing and all). I know that cos am a living testimony to it.
The bible is your syllabus my dear, don't let different wave of doctrines deceive you with their various understanding. Ask the Spirit of God to grant you understanding of the Word instead smiley.

Hope everyone is doing fine.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 6:46am On Apr 08, 2013
Morning peepl, ayaf seen d lords goodness...i'm trusting in his mercy especially now and always
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 6:49am On Apr 08, 2013
ATMC: Morning peepl, ayaf seen d lords goodness...i'm trusting in his mercy especially now and always

Good morning to you too smiley(it's evening here).
The Lord's mercies shall continue to be upon us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 7:26am On Apr 08, 2013
CFCfan:

Good morning to you too smiley(it's evening here).
The Lord's mercies shall continue to be upon us.
oh, d wonders of nature...amen how is your daughter?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 7:59am On Apr 08, 2013
ATMC: oh, d wonders of nature...amen how is your daughter?
I don't have a daughter, just 2 nieces.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Wellloaded: 8:03am On Apr 08, 2013
His mercies are new every morning. May he grant us all godsped in our endeavours this brand new day and week!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:32am On Apr 08, 2013
Wellloaded: His mercies are new every morning. May he grant us all godsped in our endeavours this brand new day and week!
amen
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by An0nimus: 1:12pm On Apr 08, 2013
afternoon guyssmiley
@uj
while we say its not a must for all Christians to speak in tongues (probably from time to time) do we also believe that at the impartation of the Spirit upon a Christian that there is an evidence of speaking in tongues?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 1:32pm On Apr 08, 2013
^^^ The proof of the presence of the Holy Spirit in a life is still ever and only Galatians 5:22-23.

Bro Damex, the name's I-h-e-d-i-n-o-b-i, but thanks for trying sha. I've seen some of the weirdest ever spellings in some other people's rendition of the name wink

Next, not everyone is given the gift of tongues or their interpretation, because God never set out to make a utility Christian out of all of us. He meant for each child of His to be different and fit only in some particular way to serve the rest of the Body.

Funny thing is, the church I recently joined talks the same nonsense and over the weekend whem they held a class supposed to educate Christians on tongues and help them receive it, I questioned it mildly pointing out 1 Corinthians 12 and 14. I didn't care for an argument, I only made sure that I mentioned those two chapters in the hopes that some peopke would be convicted to check them out.

Scriptures hold that tongues are not necessary to every believer. Some are given that gift and not others, and we are even told to desire prophecy more. So, don't waste your time stressing about it. We who pray in tongues sometimes wish we could be sure that we are making some kind of sense at all and I'm ever utterly overjoyed when I have some small understanding of what all that "gibberish" means.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by peteregwu(m): 11:44pm On Apr 08, 2013
uj_sizzle: Welcome Peteregwu, we're glad to have you with us smiley.

Thankyou DePriest smiley. The spirit gives us the grace and strength required. Welcome and thanx for stopping by.
We hope to see more of you two.

@Damexx, you've bn missed too. Hope everything's well with you? smiley. Concerning speaking in tongues, we've handled a similar question somewhere on this thread if I'm not mistaken. The spirit gives the gift and a lot more others to whom it wishes. Anyone telling you that speaking in tongues is compulsory for all Christian is wrong.
Some speak in tongues, some interprete, some prophesy, others preach and teach. We are all members of one body with Christ as the head. No one gift is more important than the other, neither should the impact of any be marginalized. There are a good number of Christians who have these gifts and yet neither use it properly nor glorify God with it.
I'd advise you didn't ask to receive it cos many who have n still haven't received for reasons best known to God have used it as a reason to be sidetracked from their faith.
You will have it when He knows you are ready to have it.
God knows best(timing and all). I know that cos am a living testimony to it.
The bible is your syllabus my dear, don't let different wave of doctrines deceive you with their various understanding. Ask the Spirit of God to grant you understanding of the Word instead smiley.

Hope everyone is doing fine.

thank you and God bless u.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by peteregwu(m): 11:48pm On Apr 08, 2013
i believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost. although have not experienced it, but i love to one day and i believe it will surely come upon me by the grace of God.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 10:33am On Apr 09, 2013
Ihedinobi,(i hope i got it right ds tym), and uj,and everyone that answered my question, thanks alot, i was also surprised wen that church was telling all their first timers that 'u must speak in tongues cos that show you that v re in d spirit, i was lyk "WAIT!",' MY OTHER QUESTION S "WHY S IT DAT IN D PRESENT CHURCH WE SEE D GIFT OF THE SPIRIT AND NOT THE FRUIT. I know d gift is gift i.e. Freely giving,but why s it dat our present church don't exhibit d fruit of d spirit..

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (789) (Reply)

Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Higher Everyday — Triumphing In Tests – Part 2 / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.