Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,822 members, 7,966,030 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 07:31 AM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (752) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (882067 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (749) (750) (751) (752) (753) (754) (755) ... (789) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 6:39am On Sep 24, 2021
Trust His word in Jeremiah 29: 11 "I alone, knows the plan, I have for you, the plan for your good and not for your bad, the plan to give you a future with expectations"
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by rahman3853(m): 1:38pm On Sep 24, 2021
J

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 5:00am On Sep 25, 2021
*STOP LOOKING SEXY OR HOT, CHRISTIAN LADY!*

Most *sexy looking girls* do not have someone to tell them the truth.

The following conversation took place between a grandmother and her grand-daughter .

*Grandma:* Adjoa, where are you going?

*Adjoa:* Grandma, I am going to Church.

*Grandma*: Really? Please come and sit down and let's talk for a minute before you go. I think we still have ample time before the Church Service begins? Don't we?

*Adjoa*: Yes, about an hour.

*Grandma*: The way you are dressed, in fact, you look very sexy.

*Adjoa*: (Smiling) Thank you very much ma.

*Grandma*: Hmmmm, Adjoa, I can see you love that compliment. Please tell me, do you need someone to have sex with you?

*Adjoa*: Ooh, noo! Grandma. Why this question?

*Grandma*: If you do not need someone to have sex with you, then, why do you dress *'sexy'*?

*Adjoa*: There's nothing to worry about, Grannie. I just want to....

*Grandma*: (cuts in)... dressed to kill, as usual! Adjoa, a *Godly girl should never feel proud* or swollen-headed when someone tells her that *she looks 'sexy'*. In fact, it's *a very bad and insulting* compliment.

The intention of *dressing sexy is to arouse men*, That's all. That's the reason why *prostitutes dress this way*. They dress this way because they want someone to have sex with them and pay them. They do everything possible to *'look sexy'* and attractive - not to just one person, but *the entire men in town!*

They *expose their breasts*, they wear things that will reveal all their endowed curves -- and *even private parts* of their bodies -- JUST to *look sexy* and attractive to men, so that they will not rest until they have a carnal knowledge of them, for money. *Please, Adjoa, are you also trying to look that way so that you will be attractive to men for sex?*

Adjoa looked down, and was speechless.

*Grandma*: (continues) This is the reason why you are not getting a husband. *Do you still wonder why suitable suitors rush to take you to bed*.... then, after saying *'you are hot,'* they dump you? They feel that you cannot stay with *'one man'* alone. Do you now realise that I, your grandma, am not the one using *witchcraft against you?*

*You are young, fit and attractive, although you are a Christian yet you always look so worldly*. When you dress like this to Church, *the probability of bringing even the pastor down is very high*. But remember that *'woe betide the one by whom a righteous man is made to fall...'* I know you can remember this scripture very well. Well, my beloved grand-daughter, I am done. You can now go.

*Adjoa: Thank you very much, Grandma*. I have never looked at it like this before. From today onwards, I promise never to dress again *to look sexy*. I will rather dress to *look beautiful* and *glorify GOD* with my dressing. Thank you very much ma.

*Grandma*: You are welcome, my dear.

(Seeing that Adjoa started going towards her room, she said). *But, are you not going to church anymore?*

*Adjoa*: I will go Grannie. I just want to change my dress, first.

*Grandma*: May God bless you for doing that.

Please lets pass this on to the females in our lives including wives, daughters, sisters, nieces, cousins, next door neighbours, friends, etc.

Most *sexy looking girls* do not have someone to tell them the *truth*. Encourage them to read and react to it -- just as Adjoa did -- because *We Are Addressed By The Way We Dress*.

*Let us dress right to reflect the Godliness in our lives*

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 6:48am On Sep 25, 2021
"For no temptation (no trial regarded as enticing to sin), [no matter how it comes or where it leads] has overtaken you and laid hold on you that is not common to man [that is, no temptation or trial has come to you that is beyond human resistance and that is not adjusted and adapted and belonging to human experience, and such as man can bear]. But God is faithful [to His Word and to His compassionate nature], and He [can be trusted] not to let you be tempted and tried and assayed beyond your ability and strength of resistance and power to endure, but with the temptation He will [always] also provide the way out (the means of escape to a safe-landing place), that you may be capable and strong and powerful to bear up under it patiently." (1 Cor.10:13 ampc)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Cordenify(m): 7:55am On Sep 26, 2021
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Cordenify(m): 10:36am On Sep 26, 2021
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 1:48pm On Sep 26, 2021
"For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God." (Hebrews 10:30-31 KJV)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 2:00pm On Sep 26, 2021
Repent from sin,
Repent from worldliness,
Repent from unforgiveness,
Repent from every appearances of sin,
Repent from fleshly lifestyle,
Repent from delayed obedience to the Word and Spirit of God,
Repent from wicked-thoughts,
Repent from running after doctrines/teachings/ideologies that permits and gives excuses for any form of sinful living,
Repent from being entertained by sin and sinful-appearances,
Believe the Lord Jesus Christ Crucified afresh now in your heart,
For the kingdom of God is near at hand.....
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 2:05pm On Sep 26, 2021
"And just as Moses lifted up the serpent in the desert [on a pole], so must [so it is necessary that] the Son of Man be lifted up [on the cross],

15 In order that everyone who believes in Him [who cleaves to Him, trusts Him, and relies on Him] may not perish, but have eternal life and [actually] live forever!

16 For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He [even] gave up His only begotten (unique) Son, so that whoever believes in (trusts in, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal (everlasting) life.

17 For God did not send the Son into the world in order to judge (to reject, to condemn, to pass sentence on) the world, but that the world might find salvation and be made safe and sound through Him.

18 He who believes in Him [who clings to, trusts in, relies on Him] is not judged [he who trusts in Him never comes up for judgment; for him there is no rejection, no condemnation—he incurs no damnation]; but he who does not believe (cleave to, rely on, trust in Him) is judged already [he has already been convicted and has already received his sentence] because he has not believed in and trusted in the name of the only begotten Son of God. [He is condemned for refusing to let his trust rest in Christ’s name.]" (John 3:14-18 ampc)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 2:07pm On Sep 26, 2021
"Jesus said to him, I am the Way and the Truth and the Life; no one comes to the Father except by (through) Me." (John 14:6 ampc)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 3:46pm On Sep 26, 2021
"For I(Chibuogwu Jude Emmanuel Onyemaechi) through the law am dead to the law, that I(Chibuogwu Jude Emmanuel Onyemaechi) might live unto God.

20 I(Chibuogwu Jude Emmanuel Onyemaechi) am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain." (Galatians 2:19-21)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Cordenify(m): 2:06am On Sep 28, 2021
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 1:41am On Sep 30, 2021
Heb.10.7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God. (KJV)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 2:02am On Sep 30, 2021
"This [Jesus] is the Stone which was despised and rejected by you, the builders, but which has become the Head of the corner [the Cornerstone].

12 And there is salvation in and through no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by and in which we must be saved." (Acts. 4:11-12 ampc)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 4:31am On Sep 30, 2021
And Jesus went about preaching;
saying:
"Repent from sin/the flesh/unbelief/sinful-appearances,
and believe gospel (His redemptive death on the Cross of Calvary for all human being and His resurrection from death);
for the kingdom of God is near at hand...."(Mark 1:14-15)

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14:6 kjv)

"Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified." (Galatians 2:16 kjv)

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast." (Ephesians 2:8-9 kjv)

"For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.

20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain." (Galatians 2:19-21 kjv)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 5:08am On Oct 01, 2021
"There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:

2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit." (John 3:1-8 )
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 5:15am On Oct 01, 2021
Come and Surrender your life to the Lordship of Jesus Christ Crucified :

"Jesus answered and said unto him, “Verily, verily I say unto thee, unless a man be born again, he cannot see the Kingdom of God.”
4 Nicodemus said unto Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?”
5 Jesus answered, “Verily, verily I say unto thee, unless a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the Kingdom of God.
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit." (John 3:3-6 )

Are you born-again in Christ Jesus Crucified ?

What does it mean to be born-again in Christ Jesus Crucified ?

1. Hear and understand the gospel of Jesus Christ Crucified, Resurrected and Glorified.

2. Become convicted as a sinner because you inherited sin's nature(the flesh) from Adam and your own personal sins by the Holy Spirit through the gospel that you heard.

3. Repentance from sin's nature and sinful lifestyle.

4. Believe in Jesus Christ death and resurrection as your own remission/atonement for sin's nature and sinful lifestyle.

5. Decide to live only in obedience to Jesus Christ teachings by praying for the release of God's mercy and grace from His throne of Grace each day and moments of your life even as you engage in personal daily bible studies and fellowship with the Holy Spirit.

6. Submit to water baptism by immersion(In the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit; Matthew 28:18-20, Romans 6:3-4) if you have not been baptized according as Jesus was baptized before now as an outward sign of the new creation life that you have received in Christ.

ARE YOU READY TO RECEIVE JESUS CHRIST CRUCIFIED NOW ?

Repent from your sin inside your heart now, accept that you are a sinner in the eyes of God, ask JESUS CHRIST to wash you with His Precious Blood shed on the Cross of Calvary and ask Him to receive you into His kingdom and fill you with His Holy Spirit through the name of Jesus. This can be done by saying this prayer and declarative words of salvation
thus
"Father, I come to you now recognizing that I am a sinner, I ask you to save my soul by the effects of Jesus death on the Cross and His resurrection, receive me as your SON and fill me with your Holy Spirit Power to sustain me till the end in your holiness in Jesus name. Amen".

Then you can join any fellowship that *preaches CHRIST AND HIM CRUCIFIED ALONE* close to your neighborhood so that you will ask them to baptize you with water and join them to grow your NEW LIFE/FAITH in JESUS CHRIST CRUCIFIED daily through daily personal bible studies and quiet-time with the Holy Spirit.

On your own, you can get a holy bible then start reading it so that you will have more revelational knowledge about JESUS CHRIST CRUCIFIED who is now YOUR NEW LIFE especially from the New testament, you can start from the Gospel according to St. Matthew, few verses each day like Matthew 1:1-17 for the first day, 2nd day Matthew 1:18-25; OR John 1:1-5, John 1:6-10, John 1:11-18 e.t.c.

Each time before you open the holy bible to study; ask the Holy Spirit to reveal JESUS CHRIST CRUCIFIED FRESH INTO YOUR HEART thus
"Father, fill me with your Holy Spirit baptism of Power and Fire *new/fresh* and mix your written word with faith in my heart even as I study each word and sentence now and any other time I remember it in my heart in Jesus name. Amen".
If you have more questions then you can inbox me or ask any Christian around your neighborhood.
Great Grace Brethren!!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 5:16am On Oct 01, 2021
Efficacy of the Gospel in this generation:
1 Corinthians 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect. 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 1:19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 1:20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe."

The power/grace/love/mercy/faith/salvation released by GOD through the death of Jesus Christ on the cross of Calvary is what makes the gospel effective/consistent upon any human being who hears the gospel

If there is no encounter with this power from the cross of Christ Jesus upon any human being after hearing, reading or listening to the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the flesh/sin/unbelief cannot be destroyed and replaced with the FULL-LIFE of Jesus Christ (Salvation/Eternal-life) no matter how many Christian activities you are subjected to, no matter the religious titles attributed to you, no matter how many sacramentals or sacraments you engage, no matter how many confessional utterances you make, no matter how many times you have read through the holy bible, no matter your exegetical prowess, no matter how long you have been going to Church, no matter your knowledge of Church history/doctrines/traditions e.t.c.

It is this power that cast away the prince of this world from our lives, lifts us to the crucified flesh of Jesus Christ on the Cross, merges our flesh with his own flesh and puts to death our flesh(our spirit-man/personality not our skin), replaces our old flesh with the resurrected-flesh/being of Christ, then makes us the center of attraction to lead all men to consistent obedience and Holiness through faith in Christ Jesus here in this sinful world thus "John 12:23 And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified. 12:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit." Then going further Jesus declared "John 12:31 Now(at the point of His death on the cross) is the judgment of this world(flesh/sin/devils-dominance-over-human-souls/unbelief 'effects' upon each human being in this world's is dealt with): now shall the prince of this world be cast out(the stronghold/power of sin/flesh/unbelief is destroyed and replaced by the prince of peace). 12:32 And "I", if I be lifted up from the earth(His death on the cross and the power released at that point affects each human being in the whole world at this experience/encounter), will draw all men unto me(will turn each human being who believes in HIM in this world from fleshly fruits to Spiritual fruits that is consistent till eternity). 12:33 This he said, signifying what death he should die."

Thus Paul confirmed the regrets and ignorance of Satan for allowing this power of God released through the crucifixion and death of Jesus Christ His only beloved Son become a reality upon mankind "1 Corinthians 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: 2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, *they would not have crucified the Lord of glory*."

Since the devil cannot undo the reality of the power of the Cross of Jesus Christ upon mankind then he has devised a means of making sure that the gospel we hear in this generation is without the teaching/revelation/knowledge/Grace/Power of the Cross of Christ Jesus. This is why the Christianity of our generation seems to have the highest number of human being amongst all other religion in the universe currently with the population of human beings visible in different physical structural church auditoriums yet we have geometric increase in sin/evil/wickedness/injustice/unbelief within the same Christian-fold and in the secular world while the early church after Pentecost carried a lifestyle (Gospel) that overturned human beings in various cities/nations/continents towards the kingdom of Jesus Christ Crucified.

It is this same power of the Cross of Jesus Christ that cancelled 'all' the bad/unfavorable records of our past that stands against us with which the accuser of the brethren accuses us day and night before God(Colossians 2:14-15, Revelation 12:10)

It is this same power that removed the sting of sin(attractions to sins) in our lives permanently(John 8:36; Hebrews 7:23-26) and replaced it with the flesh of Jesus Christ which alone both wills and does his good pleasures through us (Phil.2:12-13) in the Holy Spirit both in trials, temptations, affluence, enjoyments, promotions, miracles, testing e.t.c.

There is no permanent deliverance from sin/flesh/unbelief/poverty/demonic-manipulations/untimely-biological-death in any man/woman of God, fasting/prayers, Christian activities e.t.c apart from having a direct personal encounter with the power of the Cross of Jesus Christ Crucified thus "what is born of the flesh is flesh, what is born of the Spirit is spirit" (John 3:6 KJV).

There is no victory/prosperity that is genuine/long-lasting/eternal apart from that which comes from a personal encounter with the power of Jesus Christ Crucified released on the cross of Calvary thus "If the Son sets you free, you are feed indeed" (John 8:36 KJV).

Seek/desire/yearn to have a direct personal encounter with this power/Grace/revelation/love/mercy/deliverance/faith/life/salvation/truth/reality e.t.c. that GOD released through the death of His only beloved Son; Jesus Christ on the Cross of Calvary thus "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled/satisfied" (Matthew 5:6)

"If you search for me sincerely with your whole heart, you will find me" (Jeremiah 29:13)
Great Grace Brethren!!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 5:19am On Oct 01, 2021
"That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit." (John 3:6 KJV)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 7:22pm On Oct 03, 2021
"But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God." (John 1:12-13 KJV)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 7:24pm On Oct 03, 2021
"And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth." (John 1:14 KJV)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 11:09pm On Oct 03, 2021
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16 KJV)

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 2:22pm On Oct 04, 2021
"By this we come to know (progressively to recognize, to perceive, to understand) the [essential] love: that He laid down His [own] life for us; and we ought to lay [our] lives down for [those who are our] brothers [in Him]." (1 John 3:16 ampc)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 6:21am On Oct 08, 2021
"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life." (John 6:63 KJV)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 6:23am On Oct 08, 2021
"John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven." (John 3:27KJV)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 4:24pm On Oct 08, 2021
John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 5:03pm On Oct 08, 2021
John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 7:12pm On Oct 08, 2021
"He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth." (John 1:11-14 KJV)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Faithworld1(m): 8:16pm On Oct 08, 2021
Do you think it's right to preach prosperity?

How about Prosperity Preachers, do you think they are all right on their teachings of prosperity?

If you look and listen carefully, you will realize that MONEY is never excluded from the list. It is often the central point of the message.

Meanwhile, this post is a pointer to answer the question on Preaching Prosperity and Prosperity Preachers.

READ IT HERE:
https://www.josephedembassey.com/2021/10/preaching-prosperity-to-prosperity-preachers.html

Read More:
https://www.josephedembassey.com

God bless you and your comments.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by feedspace: 7:32am On Oct 09, 2021
Deep

(1) (2) (3) ... (749) (750) (751) (752) (753) (754) (755) ... (789) (Reply)

Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Higher Everyday — Sing Spiritual Songs / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.