Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,562 members, 7,917,778 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 03:07 PM

The Us Presidential Election And Its Consequence For Africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Us Presidential Election And Its Consequence For Africa (820 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan At US Presidential Precinct - Photos / Goodluck Jonathan At US Presidential Precinct (Photos) / The Issue Of Tribe In This Election And Jimi Agbaje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Us Presidential Election And Its Consequence For Africa by HorusRa(m): 11:59pm On Feb 09, 2008
It was Napoleon that said that a leader is a dealer in hope. It is the only thing that he can give to nation especially in a crisis. It is the only thing that can ensure their readiness to sacrifice and to for a better tomorrow. America is at a crossroad. Trying to figure out its place in a changed world of 21st century. And the only individual among others running for the White House that have proven his capability to inspired the American people is Senator Barack Obama. It is not my intention to question his ability to deliver. He can! It is not my intention to point out that history is been made no matter who wins among the 2 Democratic candidate. It is! What I am concern about is what happens if he or Senator Clinton eventually wins.You see, it is not important who crosses the finish line first, the most important thing is what happens thereafter.

It will be childish to believe that America will dump its naive view of the world. An attitude which at best have enable them to achieve things beyond mere dreams. An attitude which enables them to push things beyond its prescribed and acceptable boundaries and achieves miraculous results. It is also an attitude that more often than not have drag them into unwholesome situations. America is an experiment and will continue to be. The question is, for how long and to what consequence? Will they alone suffer the consequence of this experimentation or will the whole mankind too?

Albert Einstein said that he do not know what the Third World War will be fought with but he certainly knows what the Fourth one will be fought with. With Clubs and Sticks.The world population is getting out of hand. Resources have started drying up.The scramble for it is getting more intense and serious. Mahatma [ Great Soul } Gandhi said that there is enough for everyone's need but not for everyone greed. Our insatiable greed is pushing us to the brink. This paradigm have failed.All you need is to take into consideration what is going on around the world now to know that our time and domination on earth is rapidly coming to a close. Unless mankind find ways to resolve this predicament that he have gotten himself into, we are courting extinction. Norway have started gathering seeds from all over the world so that the people left can have something to start with. I wonder if it will work if the ground is so radioactive. Japanese scientists have started experiments designed to grow food underground. Most nations have seen the signs over the horizon, we Africans continues to live as if these events are somebody's else problem. This election is an American event but it have a profound and serious consequence for Africa and the world.

China, since the time the Chinese mariner, explorer, diplomat and Fleet Admiral Zheng He came to Africa have remain the only nation that have treated the Black race with any dignity, equity and respect. He came, he traded with the natives and left. He didn't exploit, neither did he kill, rape,pillage the land and take the sons and daughters of Africa as slaves. China have gradually asserting itself in Africa. This they have done subtly and without much fanfare. They have grown to be a force to be reckon with economically and soon if they wish , dominate the world politically. Though I seriously doubt that. China have never been a nation that want to rule over anybody. Their history can attest to that. If they wanted, they would have done that before even the Europeans crawled out of their primitiveness,anarchy and barbarism. But the real test to this strategy will soon emerge. In their quest for resources to sustain their economic growth, they will and have stepped on the toes of the West. This will draw them into confrontation whether they want it or not. The staging place will be Africa and the Arctic region. The only remaining source of such. Russia, China's ally will take the burden of the North Pole, China must deal with Africa.

Obasanjo's failure to run for third term can be attributed to his closeness to the Chinese. A relationship that the West frown deeply on. After all, the Royal Family of the Sauds in Saudi Arabia, Hosni Mobrak of Egypt,Musveni of Uganda, Musharaf of Pakistan, Teodoro Mbasago of Equatorial Guinea, Idris Derby of Chad and many others have done that successfully. The only thing that enables them to move unopposed is the blessing of the West. it doesn't matter how corrupt and ineffectual you are, as long as you can protect the interest of the West, your seat is assured. This policy have proven to be a complete recipe for unrest, political instability, poverty and all societal ills. Yet, it continues to be a policy of both French, America and diabolical Britain.

My fear for Obama [if he wins], is that the invisible and real rulers of America who dictates who controls the financial world, who picks who wins the election and who fashions the policies, who have taken away the power from the electorate will use him as they have used poor George. [Rest assured, his legacy will be burnish]. He represents the face of a foreign policy gone awry but the huge gamble on Iraq paid off. The West have secured a source of oil that will last for a very long time. Do not expect such prize to be thrown away no matter who wins the Presidential race. Now their attention will be directed to Africa, a continent still with a huge untapped mineral deposits of all kinds even after centuries of uninteruppted looting. An African Command have already been setup. Liberia [ who will blame the poor Lady ]and some other nations have even ask the US to use their soil as a base. Americans though prefer a floating one. There is nobody apart from Barack Obama who can deliver when it comes to the question of Africa. He is half-Kenyan , have a good grasp of the tragicomedy playing there and have the eloquence that can raise the dead. I doubt whether any African leader can effectively refuse him. The truth is that if the West want to still enjoy its undisputed hegemony in Africa that they have enjoyed for 500 years or more, their better bet is Obama.

He believed in talking. America have seen that you-are-wrong-I-am-right-let's-slug-it-out attitude that they brought the beginning of the 21st century is anything but wise. Will they learn? Honestly,I don't know! The Republican debate on YouTube filled me with so much revulsion and horror. I was dumbstruck! Here are these individuals running for the highest office in the land, with huge implications for the world, glorifying violence and guns as if if it the only alternative and panacea to all their problems. This is why I have a huge reservation about Senator Clinton. While American die daily from gun-related incidents, these dumb guys are calling for more guns and violence. People are cracking up! They are losing it! There will be blame games and enemies will be sought out. Whether real or imaginary. More will die. More will perish because of the stupidity and callousness of such individuals.

I wonder what will happen if Clinton becomes the Vice-President or viceversa. The real truth is that these 2 individuals are miles apart even though they belong to same party. Clinton as VP will not be patient enough to be a President in 8 years time. She may actually move to impeach Obama. She typifies the establishment and the old order that have brought America to this stage; Obama represent something new and fresh. Obama as a VP will find it impossible to function under Hilary. Ask Al Gore! And I cannot shake from my mind that it was when the Clintons were in office that the atrocities in Rwanda and Burundi happened.

Whatever happen after the finish line, all I am praying is that the winner should listen to what John Lennon said. Give peace a chance! Sometimes it may mean talking, talking to those that seeks your destruction. It may be taking time to drop those things that creates such acrimonious feeling. It may be to really look at the world with from another angle. Whatever happen, let Wisdom and Self-Restraint prevail!

The world is still full of monsters with delusion of grandeur and domination. China have the policy of non-interference, Russsia is still graspling to define itself. The only nation with the resources to meet these challenges but lack the moral authority is the US. The world to some extent still needs its leadership if it can done with a noble and less selfish reasons. They really need to learn how to talk things over. John F Kennedy said that we should not negotiate out of fear but we should not fear to negotiate. A child will be forgiven for being afraid of the darkness; the tragedy is when adults are afraid of the light.

(1) (Reply)

Efcc Commences Probe Of Obasanjo, Others / Do You Have The Right Leader? / They've Come Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.