Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,626 members, 7,889,002 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 08:14 PM

Catalogues Of History Makers In Nigeria! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Catalogues Of History Makers In Nigeria! (30420 Views)

Soldiers Nab Bomb Makers In Gombe (see What They Recovered) / Nigeria History Makers In Pictures / New Cbn Report Catalogues Mess In Power Sector (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: Catalogues Of History Makers In Nigeria! by Twy: 2:16am On Jul 01, 2016
tomakint:

The questions now is, who are these Arab traders? What is your source? Any documentation to prove the validity of your claim? What we were thought those days is that Uthman Dan Fodio a Fulani Jihadist from Mali conquered the Pagan Northern Nigeria and thereby installing Islamic Caliphate across his conquered territories which in return spread Islamic teachings that eventually across Nigeria.

Dan Fodio did not bring Islam to the north, the assertation he made was that the Hausa practiced a diluted one; they believed in Islam and also practiced their Bori, traditioanl religion side by side. There is a chance that Islam first came to the Kanuri part of the North, when it was a mixture of Kanem-Bornu. Actually, during the jihad, the Kanuri were not really fond of Dan Fodio because they felt any Jihad in their territory has little to do with religon but territorial grab because Islam has been part of them for centuries. In Kano scholars claim Rumfa, but I now their is evidence of Al Maghili, a taureg Islamic scholar in Kano. Maghili had written notes about some of his activities in Kano and may be more relevant in germinating the seed than dan fodio.
Re: Catalogues Of History Makers In Nigeria! by AminuRano87(m): 11:27pm On Jul 01, 2016
tomakint:

The questions now is, who are these Arab traders? What is your source? Any documentation to prove the validity of your claim? What we were thought those days is that Uthman Dan Fodio a Fulani Jihadist from Mali conquered the Pagan Northern Nigeria and thereby installing Islamic Caliphate across his conquered territories which in return spread Islamic teachings that eventually across Nigeria.
that's a known fact. the grandchildren of the Arab traders are many here in the North.
With regards to Danfodio he fought Hausa kings that were mostly Muslims for over a century. He accused them of not practicing Islam well. But he fought some pagan tribes and established a Fulani Muslim Confederation from Sokoto to Present day Cameroon. From Present day Niger down to Ilorin and Auchi.
Re: Catalogues Of History Makers In Nigeria! by KINGinVAHALA: 11:19pm On Aug 02, 2016
costello212:
nice write up.... Dr Virginia Etiaba was the first state governor in Nigeria....
GOOD EVENING SIR! LET ME USE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO SAY A BIG THANKS TO YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND VOTES, NOT JUST FOR TODAY BUT THUS FAR. THE SINGULAR REASON WHILE I'M HERE AND STILL IN THIS CONTEST IS BECAUSE OF YOU, IT'S BECAUSE YOU CHOOSES TO DAMN YOUR ALWAYS BUSY SCHEDULES AND SUPPORT ME, IT'S BECAUSE YOU WENT THE EXTRA MILES NOT THINKING WHAT IT WAS GOING TO COST YOU AND WHAT IT HAS ACTUALLY COST YOU JUST TO VOTE ME. WORDS ALONE CANT SAY HOW GRATEFUL I'M TO YOU NEITHER WILL MY FINGERS BE ABLE TO TYPE IT. ALL I WANT FROM YOU IS TO HAVE A 20 SECONDS SILENT, IMAGINE YOURSELF BEIN ME AND YOU WOULD KNOW THE JOY, HAPPINESS AND GRATEFULNESS I HAVE IN MY HEART ALL THANKS TO YOU AND ONLY TO YOU.

THANKS ONCE AGAIN AND PLEASE LET'S NOT FORGET THAT VOTING CONTINUES TOMORROW 03/08/2016, SAME TIME, SAME VOTING PROCEDURE, FROM 10am - 6pm

I LOVE YOU, BUT GOD LOVES YOU MORE,
FROM MY HUMBLE HEART, I SAY THANKS!

KINGinVAHALA

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Invade Akure South, Sack LGA Workers / Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Visits LP Agents & Supporters Injured In Lagos Election / Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.