Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,826 members, 7,882,875 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 05:26 PM

Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria (14330 Views)

Independence Day Speech By Hon Patrick On Nigeria At 52 Years / Nigeria At 52 Need To Reserve To Old Glory / Ribadu And North: North Plan To Rule Till 2019 Making 52 Years In Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 12:14pm On Dec 02, 2012
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by sweetcheecks(f): 1:20pm On Dec 02, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I don't think your analysis here is correct. I can't see to open the article I posted earlier but I will review later on when I get it open to better explain my point.

Also your suggesting that 1.2 million deaths a year would cause a drastic fall in population is not accurate. For instance, about 2.5 million people are estimated to die each year here in the United States but you don't hear of drastic fall in population, do you? Anyways, when I find the article, I will come back.

Yes it would in SA, with a total population from +-43ml in previous years to +-50ml to-date. You cannot compare SA and the US as they have +-250ml total population so 2ml deaths a year in the US will not have the same impact as they would have in SA.

You sem to suggest that e.g. From 2005 to 2011 ( 6yrs ) SA has lost 7.2ml people (to aids only let alone other deaths) from a population of +-43 ml? Only to emerge in 2011 census with 50ml total population? Without even a slight decrease in numbers? undecided

If you apply the same logic for the period before 2005 as you say 1.8 ml people per year from a period lets say 6years , SA would have lost 10.8ml people to aids? undecided

Do you know what this would mean? SA would have lost almost half of its population to aids only? Mmhhmm
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 1:31pm On Dec 02, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I don't think your analysis here is correct. I can't see to open the article I posted earlier but I will review later on when I get it open to better explain my point.

Also your suggesting that 1.2 million deaths a year would cause a drastic fall in population is not accurate. For instance, about 2.5 million people are estimated to die each year here in the United States but you don't hear of drastic fall in population, do you? Anyways, when I find the article, I will come back.

Did you honestly give this argument, Kobo? shocked

You GAVE this argument? undecided

Na wah o!

We are at the end of the year and would soon have Politics section NLer of the Year and people would mention Kobo. undecided

So if 1.2m people die of one disease out of a population of about 49m is not drastic?

2.5% of a population dying of one disease is not drastic?

Your reference to the US shows you did not even consider the relativity of population size.

So to you, if 1.2m people in a population of 4m die, it is not significant because "about 2.5 million people are estimated to die each year here in the United States but you don't hear of drastic fall in population, do you"?

Na real wah o!

1 Like

Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by sweetcheecks(f): 2:15pm On Dec 02, 2012
Sagamite:

Did you honestly give this argument, Kobo? shocked

You GAVE this argument? undecided

Na wah o!

We are at the end of the year and would soon have Politics section NLer of the Year and people would mention Kobo. undecided

So if 1.2m people die of one disease out of a population of about 49m is not drastic?

2.5% of a population dying of one disease is not drastic?

Your reference to the US shows you did not even consider the relativity of population size.

So to you, if 1.2m people in a population of 4m die, it is not significant because "about 2.5 million people are estimated to die each year here in the United States but you don't hear of drastic fall in population, do you"?
Na real wah o!

Thanks, I really tried to simplify this to the bone, was truelly giving up. Atleast someone gets my point. undecided
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 02, 2012
Average = (x1 + x2 ....+ xn)/ n

suppose that from the population of nigeria a total of 3 people has died

first person died at age 4years old

The second person at 90years old

and the third person 55 years old

Average life expectancy = (4 + 90 + 55)/3= 149/3 = 49.7 years old

So the fact that some people's grand parents lived to 100years old does not mean that the average life expectancy cannot be lower than 52 years old.
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Rossikk(m): 5:51pm On Dec 02, 2012
shymexx: You have got poverty ravaged war torn countries like; Congo DR and Yemen - and a terrorist haven like Iraq with depleted uranium everywhere higher than Nigeria on this rubbish list... And some of you actually think it's a valid list, no?? smh...

Most of the countries below Nigeria are HIV/AIDS ridden countries - and their position on the list might be justified... However, Nigeria shouldn't be where it's... Even freaking Sudan is higher than Nigeria lol..

I'm not overly Pro-Nigeria - but this list is rubbish, to be honest...

Thank you. Anyone that says the average Nigerian dies at 52 needs to have their head checked!

At the very worst I'd say 62.
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 6:28pm On Dec 02, 2012
Rossikk:

Thank you. Anyone that says the average Nigerian dies at 52 needs to have their head checked!

You are a mooron!

Where did you get your stats from?
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 6:29pm On Dec 02, 2012
sweetcheecks:

Yes it would in SA, with a total population from +-43ml in previous years to +-50ml to-date. You cannot compare SA and the US as they have +-250ml total population so 2ml deaths a year in the US will not have the same impact as they would have in SA.

You sem to suggest that e.g. From 2005 to 2011 ( 6yrs ) SA has lost 7.2ml people (to aids only let alone other deaths) from a population of +-43 ml? Only to emerge in 2011 census with 50ml total population? Without even a slight decrease in numbers? undecided

If you apply the same logic for the period before 2005 as you say 1.8 ml people per year from a period lets say 6years , SA would have lost 10.8ml people to aids? undecided

Do you know what this would mean? SA would have lost almost half of its population to aids only? Mmhhmm

um . . .. I DID NOT COMPARE SA to US. I simply said again . . . .
Kobojunkie: Also your suggesting that 1.2 million deaths a year would cause a drastic fall in population is not accurate. For instance, about 2.5 million people are estimated to die each year here in the United States but you don't hear of drastic fall in population, do you? Anyways, when I find the article, I will come back.

Please note the difference between making a comparison and suggesting that an assumption may be wrong. Here's another example, at least to get the US off some folks minds(as I am sure there are those who are incensed when the US is mentioned), each year in Nigeria, about 2.1 million deaths are registered each year(used to be higher) yet the population keeps rising.
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 6:38pm On Dec 02, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Please note the difference between making a comparison and suggesting that an assumption may be wrong. Here's another example, at least to get the US off some folks minds(as I am sure there are those who are incensed when the US is mentioned), each year in Nigeria, about 2.1 million deaths are registered each year(used to be higher) yet the population keeps rising.

So explain what is the relevance of the US number to your argument.

Or how the number of those dying in the US proves that 1.2m people dying in SA is not a drastic fall.

Help us to understand how your raising that point made sense.
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by sweetcheecks(f): 8:06pm On Dec 02, 2012
Kobojunkie:

DUH?
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by sweetcheecks(f): 8:12pm On Dec 02, 2012
Kobojunkie:

You really cannot save yourself from this one, can you? You will be a bigger person if you just admit that you made a fooolish statement, posted articles you did not really understand to make a stereotipical point. I rest my case. undecided
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 8:47pm On Dec 02, 2012
sweetcheecks:

You really cannot save yourself from this one, can you? You will be a bigger person if you just admit that you made a fooolish statement, posted articles you did not really understand to make a stereotipical point. I rest my case. undecided

Well said!

2 Likes

Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Nobody: 11:58pm On Dec 02, 2012
Rossikk:

Sagamite:

You are a mooron!

Where did you get your stats from?

The person that told you it was 52 did you ask him where he got his own stats from?
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 12:11am On Dec 03, 2012
ROSSIKE:
The person that told you it was 52 did you ask him where he got his own stats from?

You are a person!

If I am going to pick between World Bank/UN/IMF/UNESCO data and figures you pull from your arsse, which one as an educated person do you think I would pick?

1 Like

Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Nobody: 12:12am On Dec 03, 2012
^^^LOL. Slow down before you burst a vein dude. Life's too short.. undecided

1 Like

Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Ngwakwe: 3:35am On Dec 03, 2012
Even Westbank Palestinians live 75.24 and Gaza Palestinians live 74.16 not withstanding constant wars and bombings. "Na only Nigeria the Islamists de bomb self"

I will appeal to ICC for defamation of records on behalf of Nigeria against CIA

To help me redeem our country image and your support, make your donations to this First Bank Account

Name: Ngwakwe

Acct No: 5013538962

Acct Type: Current

Branch: Gbagada, Lagos

ROSSIKE:

WHAT IS THE RATE of infant mortality? Do you know? (answer: of course not)

[/b]How on earth can ''extra-judicial kilings'' which must account for less than 0.00000000000001% of all deaths in the country contribute in any way, shape or form to life expectancy? I can't believe how dumb some of you are here.
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Nobody: 3:44am On Dec 03, 2012
Why not do a personal survey and average out the ages of all the people you know that have died in the last 12 month it would be interesting to know what average age you arrive at.
Do not forget to include babies and children , and people who die in accident or suicide etc.

I am interested to know what age people arrive at.

1 Like

Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Nobody: 3:49am On Dec 03, 2012
My grandma(s) are approaching their 80s.

E no reach my side o. That Ekiti pounded yam dey make us strong.
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Nobody: 1:18am On Dec 07, 2012
I just done some calculations of first 8 people I quickly recalled that have died in Nigeria in last 13 years

Female -died of old age 117 years old (she should have been registered as oldest woman in the world undecided)
Male Died of unknown illness 63
Female Unkown illness 27
Male Car crash 31
Male Car crash 27
baby unkown illness 1
baby unkown illness 2
Male Malaria 35

Average: 37.8 years old.

really and truely I believe that the true life expectancy is closer to 38years old than 52 years old.
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Nobody: 1:52am On Dec 07, 2012
I believe the true average life expectancy is approx 38- 40years old.

Can others calculate average age of people they know to have died in the last 12years.
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Nobody: 3:24am On Dec 08, 2012
I am really interested to find out what average life-expectancy other people calculate.

I am seriously starting to suspect Life Expectancty may be as low as 35 yrs old .
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Nobody: 6:22am On Dec 11, 2012
seems to me that those who are saying that Nigeria's life-expectancy should be higher have realised that it is in fact much lower than 52.

We should see this as a reason why we have to demand an end to corruption and bad governance.
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Nobody: 12:08pm On Dec 27, 2012
So nobody is willing to provide their own estimate of life expectancy from their personal experience? Why then argue for so many pages on this thread that life expectancy is higher than stated in the report when in fact the actual life expectancy is below 40 years old?.

It is typical Nigerian behaviour of self of delusion, to just deny the fact that life expectancy is below 40 yrs old, even when they have the evidence to confirm this sad
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 2:32pm On Dec 27, 2012
In a country where more than 80% live on less than $2 a day, why wouldn't life expectancy be low.

If you make about N40K per month and you are responsible for 4 people (that includes wife, kids or old age parents/relatives), then you will be living on roughly $2 a day.

Now we should think what proportion of Nigerians can even dream of N40K per month.
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Nobody: 3:11pm On Dec 27, 2012
I concur.
It is shocking to realise that this means that if you were to have a school reunion at 40years old less than half your classmates would still be alive.

Sagamite: In a country where more than 80% live on less than $2 a day, why wouldn't life expectancy be low.

If you make about N40K per month and you are responsible for 4 people (that includes wife, kids or old age parents/relatives), then you will be living on roughly $2 a day.

Now we should think what proportion of Nigerians can even dream of N40K per month.
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Tgirl4real(f): 3:31pm On Dec 27, 2012
Sagamite: In a country where more than 80% live on less than $2 a day, why wouldn't life expectancy be low.

It's truly a sad situation!!! angry angry angry

And we have people living excessively like there is no tomorrow.
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by anulaxad(m): 7:44pm On Dec 27, 2012
what most of the people who live in nigeria are facking over 60 everywhere you go you see old people my great grandma died two years ago aged 96 and she lived in a unsanctioned houses like all houses in nigeria please my grandmas are still alive and my mums oldest brother who is 74 is still alive and these are just average low income Nigerians. these bast ards who produce these are just bast ards.
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 7:56pm On Dec 27, 2012
anulaxad: what most of the people who live in nigeria are facking over 60 everywhere you go you see old people my great grandma died two years ago aged 96 and she lived in a unsanctioned houses like all houses in nigeria please my grandmas are still alive and my mums oldest brother who is 74 is still alive and these are just average low income Nigerians. these bast ards who produce these are just bast ards.

You are a person!

No 1, your moronic arsse claims most people in Nigeria are over 60. So if we lined up Nigerians, 50.1% would be 60 years and above?

No 2, you are judging based on the population of those alive, not including those that have died.

No 3, you are judging based on your one or two exceptions, cretin.

No 4, your daft arsse has been across the whole of Nigeria, mixed with a diverse set of Nigerians of different income levels or has the resources to get data like NBS and World Bank?

Fcking cretinous product of a failed education system.
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by anulaxad(m): 11:14am On Dec 28, 2012
Sagamite:

You are a person!

No 1, your moronic arsse claims most people in Nigeria are over 60. So if we lined up Nigerians, 50.1% would be 60 years and above?

No 2, you are judging based on the population of those alive, not including those that have died.

No 3, you are judging based on your one or two exceptions, cretin.

No 4, your daft arsse has been across the whole of Nigeria, mixed with a diverse set of Nigeria of different income levels or has the resources to get data like NBS and World Bank?

Fcking cretinous product of a failed education system.

ok maybe I was overdoing things I just writing what I see and assume when I travel to nigeria. you yourself is person. you must have been bullied when you was young its why you're probably gay.

see one thing I know about Nigerian men is that they don't like insulting each other for no reason it is only a gay bast ard like yourself that will do so. as well what woman will date such a useless fellow who only looks to insult people.

me that has studied psychology I cant tell you must have been a tormented little boy who was brought up in such a way that stills scars you today.

please me a product of failed education system what you mean the one in nigeria. listen im not even born or raised in that God forsaking country.

it is your mother who is a product of a failed education system that's is why she is still a slut from since your battyself reached the earth.she the illiterate taught you by home school.

your slut of your mother can not identify who was your father because she's been have too many dicks up there bast ard.
sagamite its more like shag my ass gay bast ard person fockhead fuckang batty.
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 11:52am On Dec 28, 2012
anulaxad:

ok maybe I was overdoing things I just writing what I see and assume when I travel to nigeria. you yourself is person. you must have been bullied when you was young its why you're probably gay.

see one thing I know about Nigerian men is that they don't like insulting each other for no reason it is only a gay bast ard like yourself that will do so. as well what woman will date such a useless fellow who only looks to insult people.

me that has studied psychology I cant tell you must have been a tormented little boy who was brought up in such a way that stills scars you today.

please me a product of failed education system what you mean the one in nigeria. listen im not even born or raised in that God forsaking country.

it is your mother who is a product of a failed education system that's is why she is still a slut from since your battyself reached the earth.she the illiterate taught you by home school.

your slut of your mother can not identify who was your father because she's been have too many dicks up there bast ard.
sagamite its more like shag my ass gay bast ard person fockhead fuckang batty.

You are a person!

From your appalling sentence structuring, it is obvious you are not educated at all.

Fcking moronic illiterate.

I am not surprised. You have already giving us clues by describing your mother. Who would give a child brought up in a wwhore-house education and how will he know his father with so many customers coming through the doors? undecided

1 Like

Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by anulaxad(m): 5:38pm On Dec 28, 2012
Sagamite:

You are a person!

From your appalling sentence structuring, it is obvious you are not educated at all.

Fcking moronic illiterate.

I am not surprised. You have already giving us clues by describing your mother. Who would give a child brought up in a wwhore-house education and how will he know his father with so many customers coming through the doors? undecided

is it thats why i can type english look i have no idea why a gay bast ard like yourself is still doing here im not taking and English test am no don't letuture me especially if you were taught by a LovePeddler as a mother illiteracy is what is killing you must not be living in a city because if you were you would be dead by now because of your sexuality. your mentally ill and should just be locked up in a mental institution you don't even know what the definition of illiterate is. if you dont know may i say it refers to you. you and genbuhari should just go fockurselfs gay pieces of sh it what type of name is sagamite its a bast ard name named by your hiv infected mother fool. useless youth the only job you will get is if you find more customers for your mother you might get intrest bast ard. as in said your mental you could have now even raped your own mother whos only trying to make a living in your useless town you live in. lipsrsealed
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by anulaxad(m): 5:46pm On Dec 28, 2012
from your first comment I can see your a troubled young boy who does not have a job. well who would hire such a foul mouth bast ard like yourself. you should try next if you see something you don't like or agree with to answer in a nicer way.example I don't agree with this comment e.g e.g whatever and so. anyway as i said if you talk like this in real life and I can promise you would have been dead bye. but assesing you i can tell you are just talk the talk and no walk the walk. shocked shocked lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bashorun Jide Omokore Acquires $500k Rolls Royce For Porsha Williams / Ex-SFG Aminu Saleh Is Dead / APGA Appoints Obiano As National Leader And Chair Of Bot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.