Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,788 members, 7,905,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 08:42 PM

Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria (14365 Views)

Independence Day Speech By Hon Patrick On Nigeria At 52 Years / Nigeria At 52 Need To Reserve To Old Glory / Ribadu And North: North Plan To Rule Till 2019 Making 52 Years In Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Ngwakwe: 7:17pm On Jan 05, 2013
Gaza 74.5 and WestBank has 75.2 years

After all bombing by Israel following terrorist attacks by Hamas

Children die like hell in Gaza

GenBuhari: Of course infant mortality exists in Japan, and the stats would have taken it into account.

The difference is whilst Nigeria have the highest infant mortality in the world, Japan has negligible infant mortality. It has also the highest population of people who are over 100years old.
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jan 05, 2013
Gazza deaths are reported on the news, but reality is that far more infants die in Nigeria from lack of amenities and healthcare than infants die in Gaza from Israeli attacks over the last 5 yrs
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Ngwakwe: 7:33pm On Jan 05, 2013
How can you justify the formula used in calculating the Life Expectancy for Gaza and West-Bank to be 75 years'

What am saying is that the calculation is not based on average death in a country rather some physical, chemical and biological pollutions and exposure to life threatening hazards.

GenBuhari: Gazza deaths are reported on the news, but reality is that far more infants die in Nigeria from lack of amenities and healthcare than infants die in Gaza from Israeli attacks over the last 5 yrs
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jan 05, 2013
Get some perspective on this, bombings / conflict only lasted a few days in Gazza, any deaths during such brief conflict are really going to be insignificant.

Rather than doubting the figures or how it i calculated, you should be reflecting about the reason Nigeria has allowed its condition to deteriorate to the extent that people of Gaza have averages life expectancy that is 30years greater than Nigeria's.

Infant deaths are always included in calculations of average life expectancy.
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Ngwakwe: 7:49pm On Jan 05, 2013
See what I was saying through this link

http://gosset.wharton.upenn.edu/mortality/perl/CalcForm.html

How long will I live?
Fill in the following form then click the button labeled "Calculate Life Expectancy".
For values which you are unsure of, leave it blank or choose option 'don't know';
For zero values, enter "0", DO NOT leave them blank
If you're in a hurry, try our Short life expectancy calculator.

I am year old
My height is inches (NOTE!!! Only input inches: Eg. 5'8" = 68 inches)
My weight is pounds
I expect to have years of education
My family's total income for the past 12 months is dollars
I expect that for most of my life I will be
Compared to other people of the same age and sex as me, I am in the quintile of fitness(refer to Fitness Table)
I have at least one first degree relative (parents, sibling, children) who has a history of heart diseases
I have at least one first degree relative (parents, sibling, children) who has a history of prostate cancer
I have at least one first degree relative (parents, sibling, children) who has a history of breast cancer
I have at least one first degree relative (parents, sibling, children) who has a history of colorectal cancer
I have at least one first degree relative (parents, sibling, children) who has a history of stomach cancer
I have at least one first degree relative (parents, sibling, children) who has a history of lung cancer
of my first degree relative (parents, sibling, children) has a history of diabetes
I have at least one first degree relative (parents, sibling, children) who has a history of stroke
I reside in

I been diagnosed with asthma
I been diagnosed with diabetes
My diastolic blood pressure (the smaller/bottom number- an average adult's is about 80) is mmHg

I smoke cigarettes per day
My spouse smokes cigarettes per day
I have drinks per day
I travel thousand miles per year in an automobile
The driver of the automobile which I most frequently travel in is a
The age of the driver of the automobile which I most frequently travel in is years
I regularly wear seat belts when travelling in a automobile
The automobile which I most frequently travel in regularly keep to speeds appropriate to road conditions
The driver of the automobile which I most frequently travel in is drunk while driving
Of the 10 things listed in the Stress List, of then happened to me in the past 12 months
I am a
I work in the industry
My father worked in a job
My first regular occupation is a job
My current occupation is a job
Of the 5 types of food in the Dietary Diversity List, on average i consume types
than 10% of my energy intake comes from fat
I among the 15% most depressed of the population
I have had sexual partners in the past 12 months
For most of my sexual encounters, I use condoms
On average, I have hours of sleep a day
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jan 05, 2013
No I do not see your point.
This calculator of life expectancy does not give the average life expectancy for the country and it is designed for people residing in the USA or whichever country that created it.
Ngwakwe: See what I was saying through this link

http://gosset.wharton.upenn.edu/mortality/perl/CalcForm.html

Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Sladem05: 11:57pm On Apr 12
nex:
The fact that you saw a hundred year old Nigerian doesn't mean the life expectancy has increased.

Go to the graveyard and check the ages inscribe on the gravestones. People in their 20s and 30s are dying at an alarming rate.

The real reason for Nigeria's low life expectancy though, is the high infant mortality. By the time you add the ages of the hundreds of babies dying daily, to the few aged people, you find the average is about 46-52.

I dream of living past 50, but the way this country is, I'm doubtful.
Correct,
It’s the poor standard of education and healthcare
1. Education- Women having too many babies due to poor or no sex education
2. Healthcare- Both the system and technology of the healthcare is horrifically behind the rest of the world. That’s why many Nigerian women like to have their kids abroad. The chances of death for them or the child are much lower.
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Sladem05: 11:58pm On Apr 12
No I do not see your point.
This calculator of life expectancy does not give the average life expectancy for the country and it is designed for people residing in the USA or whichever country that created it.

That is untrue. Stats aren’t western propaganda 😂😂
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Sladem05: 12:24am On Apr 13
Of course infant mortality exists in Japan, and the stats would have taken it into account.

The difference is whilst Nigeria have the highest infant mortality in the world, Japan has negligible infant mortality. It has also the highest population of people who are over 100years old.

Japan is like that due to low crime, citizens live a healthy lifestyle, it’s extremely modernised and has a very sophisticated healthcare system. It is some of the best in the world. It’s only East Asia that gives the Western world a challenge in this regard. Life expectancy is a very good indicator of standard of living. Richer/more prosperous nations will have a higher life expectancy because their healthcare systems will be much more advanced and sophisticated. They have stronger institutions and a strong rule of law.
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Iamanoited: 12:49am On Apr 13
LIFE EXPECTANCY IN NIGERIA SHOULD BE 70-80 YEARS.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I'll Not Contest For Presidency Until 10 Million Nigerians Endorse Me – Okorocha / Why Osinbajo Is More Active Than Buhari / Buhari’s Achievements Have Rattled Atiku, PDP – Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.