Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,475 members, 7,968,319 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 02:08 AM

Traders Shutdown Nnewi Market Over Kidnap Menace - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Traders Shutdown Nnewi Market Over Kidnap Menace (8733 Views)

15-Year-Old Caught Having Sex With Sheep In Nnewi, Anambra / Woman Lynched In Lagos Over Kidnap Attempt (viewers Discretion Advised) / Two Students Arrested Over Kidnap, Rape, Murder Of Colleague (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traders Shutdown Nnewi Market Over Kidnap Menace by ANYPEN(m): 1:06am On Dec 02, 2012
A CITY'S LAWS ARE AS IMPORTANT AS ITS WALLS!
Re: Traders Shutdown Nnewi Market Over Kidnap Menace by aribisala0(m): 1:52am On Dec 02, 2012
All this because some idiots have a problem with English. The offending word being "hungry" which to them conjures up images of I wonder what that makes them imbue the word with an idiosyncratic meaning.
Re: Traders Shutdown Nnewi Market Over Kidnap Menace by aribisala0(m): 1:54am On Dec 02, 2012
hun·gry (hnggr)
adj. hun·gri·er, hun·gri·est
1. Experiencing a desire or need for food.
2. Extremely desirous; avid: hungry for recognition.
3. Characterized by or expressing hunger or craving: hungry eyes.
4. Lacking richness or fertility: hungry soil.

Someone please tell me why my use of the word "HUNGRY" has triggered all these insults
Re: Traders Shutdown Nnewi Market Over Kidnap Menace by aribisala0(m): 1:55am On Dec 02, 2012
Does the word conjure images from another time?
Re: Traders Shutdown Nnewi Market Over Kidnap Menace by aribisala0(m): 1:59am On Dec 02, 2012
We were told that the traders were fasting and I wrote

aribisala0: 15000 hungry men calling on God grin

How is this an insult if not that some semi illiterates have a misapprehension of the meaning of the word hungry. But even the context of my quote "calling on god" 15000 should indicate that the "FAST" was the subject of my post. Immediately some m0ron said they can spend my annual income at a sitting.
An instance of "Sensitiver Beziehungswahn"

what was my crime and what is the punishment do they match??
Re: Traders Shutdown Nnewi Market Over Kidnap Menace by aribisala0(m): 2:06am On Dec 02, 2012
The real question is what is Peter Obi doing about this ? But is this not the same place where Ngige a sitting governor was kidnapped
Re: Traders Shutdown Nnewi Market Over Kidnap Menace by stunna2(m): 4:20am On Dec 02, 2012
aribisala0: By hungry I was referring to their fasting . Whatever the case what gives your mother the right to open her Nyansh in public, May she die of dog bite this December

...dude, some of us got you the 1st time you said what you did...you didnt need to explain yourself any further! remember a lot of naija folks having a problem understanding the english language, hide behind big grammar or abusing ya to cover that fact. you only made an initial observation with that initial response and some of us got ya.
peace
Re: Traders Shutdown Nnewi Market Over Kidnap Menace by 2nedo(m): 6:03am On Dec 02, 2012
aribisala0:
Firstly They are Fasting ?? So I assume fasting makes them hungry ?? No?? You don't know anything about me what gives you the right to insult me I expect an apology and retraction please
Na u dey post,na u dey comment,na u dey laugh.I wonder what is ur intention for making this thread

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

“christians Punish Pastor Caught Cheating'' See Wetin intimacy De Cause / PSC Promotes Three AIGs, Suspends Elevation Of Eight CPs / Immigration Recovers 700 Voter Cards From Foreigners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.