Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,652 members, 7,889,114 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 11:39 PM

Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit (31025 Views)

Woman Dies In Tender Hospital Enugu Due To Alleged Negligence / Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) / Nigerian Girl Dies In Thailand After Buttock Surgery Fails (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by seedord247(m): 9:23pm On Dec 01, 2012
This is the reason why i like yoruba folks... They dont neeed hospital..... All these herbal are good in this shyt... I think they are elewe omo or iya abiye...

That 5k is enough for 2 kids. shocked
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by Nobody: 9:23pm On Dec 01, 2012
SELFWORTH:

If this was your sister, how would you feel?

How many people carry that kind of money in their pocket in case of emergency?
Nature holds no sentiments. Being kind has NEVER been a forced responsibilty. It's a choice.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by SELFWORTH: 9:24pm On Dec 01, 2012
Lakayana: What the hospital did is evil. But we as a people should check ourselves too am very sure if the husband had gone to meet relative for any help no matter how little they will tell him stories of how bad the economy is now. Those same people would be ready to bring any amount for the burial and go the extra mile to buy clothes for they are sure faces they have not seen in ages will surface.We as a people should change our attitude too.

If you want to make a change, take a good look at yourself, then make the change

No offence intended.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by bigx(m): 9:25pm On Dec 01, 2012
Its one thing that irritates me with doctors in Nigeria. They swear to save human lives but would value 20k over the life of a woman and her unborn child.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by Nobody: 9:25pm On Dec 01, 2012
SELFWORTH:

If this was your sister, how would you feel?

How many people carry that kind of money in their pocket in case of emergency?
lol... una wan crucify me as you can see, we all blamed the hospital personnels..
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by Nobody: 9:26pm On Dec 01, 2012
bigx: Its one thing that irritates me with doctors in Nigeria. They swear to save human lives but would value 20k over the life of a woman and her unborn child.
Have Nigerian doctors always been as you describe?
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by charlesditro: 9:26pm On Dec 01, 2012
2 lives were lost to 20000 naira, Painful yet true.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by Nobody: 9:27pm On Dec 01, 2012
acidosis™:

how can you even save a life without money ?? Money comes first brother.. Even the doctors pay huge fees to get the training... Do not be decieved by a mere motto

what a disgusting statement !!

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by Nobody: 9:27pm On Dec 01, 2012
This is the reason why I tell people that Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria. I'm sure those doctors and nurses are among those who condemn the government and call the president a corrupt, clueless fellow. Are they any better?

RIP to the lady. My condolences to the bereaved.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by SELFWORTH: 9:29pm On Dec 01, 2012
acidosis™:

how can you even save a life without money ?? Money comes first brother.. Even the doctors pay huge fees to get the training... Do not be decieved by a mere motto

The system then needs to change if suddenly money is more important than saving lives. How do other nations do it then? Status quo is not even an option.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by Revolva(m): 9:29pm On Dec 01, 2012
So many ills in this country and we say we have the fear of God - I hate this nation with passion , every little thing is business they don't care about your life !!!, shame
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by Nobody: 9:30pm On Dec 01, 2012
frosbel:

What happened to the[b] ' good Samaritan '[/b] type of attitude to our fellow man ?

This waa a peculiar situation where two lives were at stake and the wicked selfish greedy money mad doctor , chose the dollar above these precious souls.

Thank your God we're from the same state. So what you accuse me of, well.. U know how it works.

Money first is what works in Nigeria. If you meet one who does otherwise, be grateful while it lasts. Some hungry set of Nigerians will definitely give him a lesson on 'being sharp' sooner than later.

That's the society we live in. If the Good Samaritan lived in Nigeria, he would be like the farmer who sowed seeds on rocky ground.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 01, 2012
kay9:

People who make statements like the above lack something fundamental to our humanity: EMPATHY. Put yourself in the shoes of this unfortunate woman's husband, then go back and read your comment again.

My brother, bad things happen everyday, there is no point putting myself in the shoes of anyone..
We all face issues real life issues everyday...
I also wish Goodluck can put himself in my shoes.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by bakynes(m): 9:32pm On Dec 01, 2012
Hmmm naija i live in the UK and u can see how the UK govt spends billions of pounds on the NHS the ambulance service is always @ ur doorstep in about 10 minutes max from the time you dialed 999. Even foreigners enjoy free health care .To the issue of the woman the hospital should at least save her life first and later hold them down at the hospital if they dont complete the money that better than watching someone die like a Rat.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by SELFWORTH: 9:32pm On Dec 01, 2012
acidosis™:

lol... una wan crucify me as you can see, we all blamed the hospital personnels..

Please i dont want any wahala on this trend o. This is a sad story. I heard a similar story on Friday at work . Its just too much for me to bear .

Am just stating my opinion. Its not for me to blame anyone.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by coogar: 9:33pm On Dec 01, 2012
SELFWORTH:

The system then needs to change if suddenly money is more important than saving lives. How do other nations do it then? Status quo is not even an option.

that country is sick....
all the mothers in that community should go to the hospital and cause mayhem - they should rain curses on that useless organisation! since when has money become more important than the lives of 2 people(woman and child). ordinary 20k? cheiiiiiiiiii

bakynes: Hmmm naija i live in the UK and u can see how the UK govt spends billions of pounds on the NHS the ambulance service is always @ ur doorstep in about 10 minutes max from the time you dialed 999. Even foreigners enjoy free health care .To the issue of the woman the hospital should at least save her life first and later hold them down at the hospital if they dont complete the money that better than watching someone die like a Rat.

this is why i never curse the NHS as much as people who don't know better do....
health is wealth - any country that cannot provide free health is shyte to me.....even worse, in a case of life and death like this woman! in other developed countries, the minister or the governor would be forced to resign!
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by chiswaggs: 9:34pm On Dec 01, 2012
frosbel:

lol, what a pathetic excuse.

So if someone comes to your clinic with only a few minutes to live, your concern will be money , right ? If it is , then you are one of the reasons why Nigeria will never arise from the dark ages.

don't get me wrong. You need to be a doctor or own a hospital to know what Im talking about. You need to see patients that were begging for help challenging doctors after treatment and you'll be shocked. If a clinic is set up for charity purposes, then lets know thats the reason or else, you'll run the business down and be forced to go farther even in cases of emergency to look for a govt hospital. Now, the clinic went too far in this case sha, the right thing was to have admitted her first and made the husband sign a document. That way, it would become legally binding on the husband to bay the bills. Clinics just like any other business are run with money. Do you know the number of people that die of hunger? Yet Mr. Biggs dosen't give out free food. Im not justifying the act, Im rather just looking @ it from the side of the clinic management too.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by Nobody: 9:34pm On Dec 01, 2012
acidosis™:

My brother, bad things happen everyday, there is no point putting myself in the shoes of anyone..
We all face issues real life issues everyday...
I also wish Goodluck can put himself in my shoes.
Lol, this people just don't understand. They think life's like in the movies. People die. And this woman will be forgotten by the time this thread goes off frontpage.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by otokx(m): 9:39pm On Dec 01, 2012
Its becoming clearer now that quite a number of nairalanders either do not live in Nigeria or they have lost touch with the situation on ground. The only place where you may get treatment first with little or no deposit in Port Harcourt is Teme and it is run by a foreign charity which it appears have issues with the state government so they are closing shop this year i hear.

No other hospital private or government will treat you based on 5000 in today Nigeria what can that do? The husband sef get mind to keep pregnant woman for house with only 5000 and no ATM.

Lets call a spade a spade, the only free thing a Nigerian citizen enjoys is the air he breathes, all other things are paid by him directly and indirectly.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by Nobody: 9:40pm On Dec 01, 2012
musKeeto:
Thank your God we're from the same state. So what you accuse me of, well.. U know how it works.

Money first is what works in Nigeria. If you meet one who does otherwise, be grateful while it lasts. Some hungry set of Nigerians will definitely give him a lesson on 'being sharp' sooner than later.

That's the society we live in. If the Good Samaritan lived in Nigeria, he would be like the farmer who sowed seeds on rocky ground.

There is a certain satisfaction and peace that comes from saving lives.

We are not talking about serious or minor illnesses but a crucial situation where a person had only a few minutes to live.

In the UK if you go to the hospital with chest pain or abdominal pain in the case of pregnant women, you will jump the queue and see the doctor first , because they recognise that any delay in minutes and probably seconds , could mean life or death.

When I was younger we had free health care in Nigeria, taxes should be increased to introduce a somewhat cut down version for emergency services only, otherwise thousands and thousands of lives will be lost in the coming years.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by Nobody: 9:40pm On Dec 01, 2012
frosbel:

what a disgusting statement !!

Yes its disgusting but its the truth..
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by toluleke(m): 9:40pm On Dec 01, 2012
y always port harcourt?? Aluu 4,Nysc now a pregnant woman.God dis country dey ur HANDS.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by Litmus: 9:40pm On Dec 01, 2012
coogar: poverty poverty poverty!
i am so angry at this - nigerian hospitals should be held accountable for this kind of nonsense - why not treat her first and detain her if she cannot come up with the payment rather than letting her die and lose her child?

when it was recently announced 500,000 pregnant women die in nigeria every year, nigerians rubbished the claim. i hope this is a reminder. the state governor should lock down the hospital and charge the doctors in charge for manslaughter...we should start locking these doctors up - their poverty of morals is disgusting!

May she RIP, but sad to say this sort of thing happened in Britain,when a pregnant Nigerian woman was denied life saving treatment because she overstayed her permit. Also in Ireland and Asian woman was denied life saving Abortion because of religion.

[url]http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/nov/14/ireland-woman-dies-after-abortion-refusal [/url]

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by SELFWORTH: 9:40pm On Dec 01, 2012
stallion_:
this reason join why oyibo people dey call africans blacks monkeys.

I don’t see any monkeys on this forum so who exactly are you referring to with this comment?

This is not a race issue but a humanity issue.

In my opinion, as you say with your mouth so it shall be unto you.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by bigx(m): 9:42pm On Dec 01, 2012
musKeeto:
Have Nigerian doctors always been as you describe?

Majority of them!! The same thing (according to my mother) happened when I was born, Thank God we are all alive today. Inasmuch as people run away, medicine is a humanitarian profession, not what people are turning it into today
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by Nobody: 9:42pm On Dec 01, 2012
while i condemn actions of hospital staff;doctors,nurses,cashiers etc our system does not protect clients or customers as well as service providers.
first law must put in place to force all hospitals to attent to emergencies or refer if could not manage without delay.
in case the patients or relatives refuse to pay bill after treatment,demise or referral government of the state should pay the affected hospital while the affected families should be force to pay the bill or render social services in lieu of bill.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by joy78(f): 9:43pm On Dec 01, 2012
serving mammon and not God, it should not be akseptable. Im glad God didnt ask me for money before He saved me. N20.000= heaven N0.000=hell hell...LOL
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by Mavor: 9:44pm On Dec 01, 2012
Her soul and that of her unborn child are in a perfect and better place. May they rest in peace. This world is an experiment gone badly wrong. Forgive me Lord. Only the few good ones save us from God's wrath and the final apocalypse....for now.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies In Port-harcourt Hospital Because Of Deposit by Nobody: 9:45pm On Dec 01, 2012
otokx: Its becoming clearer now that quite a number of nairalanders either do not live in Nigeria or they have lost touch with the situation on ground. The only place where you may get treatment first with little or no deposit in Port Harcourt is Teme and it is run by a foreign charity which it appears have issues with the state government so they are closing shop this year i hear.

No other hospital private or government will treat you based on 5000 in today Nigeria what can that do? The husband sef get mind to keep pregnant woman for house with only 5000 and no ATM.

Lets call a spade a spade, the only free thing a Nigerian citizen enjoys is the air he breathes, all other things are paid by him directly and indirectly.

God bless you.. some people just talk without relating things with their everyday experience..

What if the doctors need to run some very expensive tests on the woman?? who's goin pay?? the C.E.O of the hospital..? or the Dean of faculty of medicine, UNIPORT, or Rivers state governor ??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Lady With Huge Fibroid Gives Birth To Twin Girls After 6 Years Of Waiting / How To Use Onions To Treat Urinary Tract Infections, Dry Cough, Hypertension / Young Man Electrocuted While Working On A Building In Benue State (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.