Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,080 members, 7,939,336 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 11:56 PM

Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? (18833 Views)

Which Competent Ministers Should Buhari Retain? / Picture: If This Was True, Then Why Is GEJ Running For Presidency Again ? / I Think It Will Be A Long Time Till A Northerner Wins The Presidency Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by Nobody: 4:42am On Dec 05, 2012
Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by SamsonAN(m): 5:58am On Dec 05, 2012
You're already straight-jarketing people as to what to say. Allow everyone to say his view. We all cannot have the same level of sentiments, opinion or objectivity.

Alot love Buhari and alot hate due to diverse reasons and no onw change. Not even with the brutal-of-forces.
Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by ebichy(f): 5:59am On Dec 05, 2012
Sowi to say but majority of nigerians dnt need Buhari, bcoz he has been rejected uncountable tyms. My advice is dt he retire nd rest to give eligible and credible candidates d opportunity to showcase wt dey hv. Food for thought, if Buhari did well in his previous chance as a leader wuld he b rejected? I say no to BUHARI!!!
Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by kabba7(m): 6:09am On Dec 05, 2012
Why do S/E & SS people jump into conclusions that the MB people will not vote for Buhari who told them that? For the avoidance of doubt votes were casted for GEJ because of the likes of the governors of Niger ,jigawa etc that dumbly thought having a PhD will assist Jona dumb in running an efficient ĄЙd̶̲̥̅̊ clean government not the ongoing massive looting
Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by Nobody: 6:46am On Dec 05, 2012
kabba7: Why do S/E & SS people jump into conclusions that the MB people will not vote for Buhari who told them that? For the avoidance of doubt votes were casted for GEJ because of the likes of the governors of Niger ,jigawa etc that dumbly thought having a PhD will assist Jona dumb in running an efficient ĄЙd̶̲̥̅̊ clean government not the ongoing massive looting
Massive looting under GEJ? When Buhari toppled Shagari, he told us there was massive looting under Shagari and Ekwueme. But with the benefit of hindsight, we now know the massive looters between Shagari and Ekwueme(who currently lives in modest houses) on one hand, and Buhari, IBB and Abacha on the other hand. I guess you'r talking about the same massive looting.
Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by chiswaggs: 6:48am On Dec 05, 2012
I think this man's time has passed. We keep calling children the leaders of tomorrow and I wonder, which tomorrow? Is it the tomorrow the leaders of today still want to rule. I mean, when he was the right age he ruled this nation. Its owkay lets move on. We've gone beyond his time. We need a young, vibrant actively working Nigerian that knows the indices of development in the modern world and that knows what it takes to move a nation foward in this generation to lead us. Countries that have old presidents/ prime ministers are gradually removing them . Recently an african country that had a president of about 80 yrs or there about voted him( even though he was the imcumbent out of power). Look at Obama and Romney's ages. What's wrong with young performing governors like Akpabio, Fashola or Rochas Okorocha ruling us. He had an opportunity to change this country and his supporters will say he tried his best. Is he the only one with idea on how to move this nation foward? Let him also give other people a chance.
Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by fayne(m): 6:51am On Dec 05, 2012
0lumide: General Buhari is our true patriot! We need his help one more time.
its obvious dt we need leaders wit gud qualities ov his,buh certainly nt him.middle belt states lyk jos,lokoja,benue,kwara,abuja,keffi et al wil neva vote for him.check d records ov d last election.thou u mirecords,dey re al dere for u.
Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by Toktee(m): 7:02am On Dec 05, 2012
taharqa: @olumide, u said: 'our best period was unda Buhari presidency..'. Plz, as a student of history myself, wud u be kind enuf to list just 5 'things' or projects he did during d almost 2yrs of dat regime? Thnx
Who told you that he was in power for almost two years,if indeed a history student you ar a bad one,he was there less than the time you claim but i can mention more than ten projects
Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by omenka(m): 7:07am On Dec 05, 2012
cr8v: The main thing that makes this thread suck is that the OP is overprejudiced. I think that posts that make the front page should be void of bias rather shd be an open forum for minds to interact. Though I voted for him in the last election becos of Bakare but ryte now I'm too convinced he has a hand in Boko Haram.

When the hell is seun going to create the dislike botton!!! Some posts are just too damn annoyin you don't know just how to respond to them.
Were you in pluto when the former NSA to ur braindead president said PDP is responsible, and for telling the truth he got fired?? Where were you when the Retardeen himself confessed that some members of his cabinet are their sponsors?? How many of the bigwigs and NAS members found romancing with top guns of the sect belong to any other party than the PDP?
Instead of commin on here to spew garbage just cos you have access to the internet you should rather be prayin God makes that spineless dunce in aso villa grow some fvcking balls and do the needful: go after his closest associates who r bent on tearing this country apart.
Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by ndubuisiugwuib: 7:17am On Dec 05, 2012
Every nation that seems good today grew with time,in a normal society buhari ought to have been tried for treason for overthrowing an elected government,if nigeria have been practising democracy since then til now the country would have progress more than it is
On corruption cased the allegation of 50 suitcase he neither denies or say something about it,his utterances showed he is not competent to be a leader
On GEJ nigeria was already a rotten egg,its not fair putting all the blame on him,only a total fiscal federalism wil developed nigeria,FG wil nt build road,school,hospitals in ur village,if GEJ build one @ bayelsa ppl from imo state wil shout he is favouring his people
The syaytem we r operating is working against the development of nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by Nobody: 7:19am On Dec 05, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
Massive looting under GEJ? When Buhari toppled Shagari, he told us there was massive looting under Shagari and Ekwueme. But with the benefit of hindsight, we now know the massive looters between Shagari and Ekwueme(who currently lives in modest houses) on one hand, and Buhari, IBB and Abacha on the other hand. I guess you'r talking about the same massive looting.

You be winsh!!! Real winsh! Buhari that couldn't pay for his rent in Abuja is now grouped with IBB that is living in a king of the world mansion?

Juju de worry you!!
Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by mosunade(f): 7:24am On Dec 05, 2012
of course. He will win on NairaLand as usual.

1 Like

Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by Rusau: 7:25am On Dec 05, 2012
Ibn sultan: his pATRIOTISM N intergrity is fr sue wt we need as a NATION.
4 wateve reason, Buhari has expired and we need fresh blood in Aso villa.
Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by omenka(m): 7:25am On Dec 05, 2012
size38: The things this writer mentioned as no go area are the things that made the man Buhari bad. During last election, Buhari never campaigned in most states down the south. He is a trablist cum fundamentalist .
I beg to disagree with you. Buhari is neither a tribalist nor a fundamentalist. That he couldn't campaigne in all parts of the country only goes to show how deep his pocket is. Buhari doesn't have access to the kinda money those theiving virmins in pdp do. Check out the colosal fraud which was the subsidy regime of 2011. About 400 billion appropriated, yet at the end, over 1.3 trillion spent! Where do you think all that money went to? That was an election year and you should now undastand why nobody is gonna be jailed for that treasonable theft! The presidency orchestrated all that in blatant disregard of our constitution!
Now, Buhari hasn't got all that kin of money hence he concentrated his meager resources on areas where he was sure to be victorious. Are you gonna hold that against him?
I bet if he had had multiple oil wells just like the rest of the ex presidents, you wouldave seen him in ur village...

3 Likes

Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by donnn: 7:26am On Dec 05, 2012
Because he is a bad loser, whenever he losses hundreds of life are always wasted......

1 Like

Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by obyrich(m): 8:02am On Dec 05, 2012
DaLover: Bihari is now a reference point for Islamist in this country, they look to him as a source of inspiration, he may not actively encourage them but imagine the belief and renewed vigor the Islamist would get if Buhari becomes president.

Secondly, lets ask ourselves how Buhari has run his party? How well and efficiently has he run a democratic institution? How well has he built a consensus amongst its leaders? Has he been able to build a party that attracts Nigerians with sterling leadership qualities, how have the CPc controlled lgas and states fared? Have they started casting wealth? Or still depending like leaches on Niger delta ol money?

Please I don't want to talk further cos I am getting really pissed
You are on point!
Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by Goddex: 8:23am On Dec 05, 2012
No, cos he would fail again.
Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by Nobody: 8:28am On Dec 05, 2012
i seriously dont believe any politician dat becomes president in nigeria can be a good president!!!!!!!!!!

Nigeria corrupt gannnnnnn.

Nigeria's messiah is not a politician. think about it. U will know what we need in Nigeria.
Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by anulaxad(m): 8:28am On Dec 05, 2012
anulaxad: the best presidency era nigeria had was yakubu gowon but the man is not a show off most of you are forgetting what he has done yakubu gowon was the reason people came to seek the Nigerian dream which is lost now this is the man who brought economic and infrastructure boom remember the infamous 1970's boom its because his underrated if you was alive when his was in power you will know what i'm talking about. Buhari ruled similar like sani abacha but was not corrupt nothing else to it he was brutal and did not focus on developing the country. i don't mind if nigeria is corrupt but if they focus on dealing with the human rights structure of the country infrastructure and fast development then i will not have a problem. example: Venezuela, Columbia,mexico and even Myanmar, thank you.

anyway i would not mind buhari ruling nigeria becuase if he tries sh it it will be easy to attack him and damage him becuase of his old age thinking cheesy

Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by Johnnoo(m): 8:51am On Dec 05, 2012
0lumide: Me: YES!!!
Note: Age, religion and tribe are primitive excuses so please be objective with your reasons.

His Patriotism has a very big question mark. Since the 2011 "win @all cost" mentality didn't work out, he gave in to all manner of volatile statements that is jeopardizing the national unity.

0lumide: Me: YES!!!
If your only fear of Buhari is "islamization" of Nigeria, then note that he did not islamize Nigeria when he had totalitarian power so why now that power belongs to the people?

Is it not enough reason for his coming back again?? Considering the fact that Islamic Community worldwide is forming an alliance that wasn't there during Buhari 1st time in office.
Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by banki(m): 8:55am On Dec 05, 2012
fayne: its obvious dt we need leaders wit gud qualities ov his,buh certainly nt him.middle belt states lyk jos,lokoja,benue,kwara,abuja,keffi et al wil neva vote for him.check d records ov d last election.thou u mirecords,dey re al dere for u.

oga since when did jos and lokoja become states? incase you dont know keffi is in nassarawa state and thats the only state that cpc buharis party is currently governing
Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by Olaolufred(m): 8:56am On Dec 05, 2012
Rusau: 4 wateve reason, Buhari has expired and we need fresh blood in Aso villa.

fresh blood like Goodluck Odechukwu Jonatani.

You actually need fresh blood to enjoy fresh air
Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by banki(m): 9:04am On Dec 05, 2012
@ tharqa, Who was nigerias oil minister in 1978? when the warri and kaduna refinery you referred to was built
Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by nkemKalu: 9:04am On Dec 05, 2012
Rusau: 4 wateve reason, Buhari has expired and we need fresh blood in Aso villa.
Nonesence......the type of fresh blood u people brought in GEJ.....the most stupid and corrupt president Nigeria has ever produced?
Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by anonimi: 9:09am On Dec 05, 2012
For those in doubt of the minority Fulani's great understanding of political power game in Nigeria, they should study Buhari's image laundering campaign.
This is a man who is regarded somewhat as Mr. Integrity although there is ample evidence that he is just as corrupt as any other military dictator and maximum ruler. In addition he is a religious bigot who also believes that the Fulanis, who arrived last in the geographical entity known today as Nigeria, are the owners of the country and should always rule the other indigenous ethnic groups.

Buhari is a blood thirsty murderer who has no qualms killing defenceless people:

By the time Muhammed got to Ikeja, Captain Martin Adamu, Lts. Nathan, Nassarawa, Muhammadu Buhari, Alfred Gom, Longboem and a bunch of NCOs were already in control of the battalion, having [size=13pt]executed[/size] several Igbo soldiers and officers (including Major B Nnamani, one of the company commanders) and arrested many others by cordoning off the quartermaster section of the barracks or grabbing soldiers as they came out for morning PT.The battalion commander, Lt. Col. Henry Igboba, narrowly escaped a dragnet deployed around his house by Lt. Longboem and got away.
Muhammed reportedly gave orders to stop the killing, and focus instead on securing the perimeter as well as approach roads and taking measures to ensure the eventual success of their activities.

http://www.omoigui.com/files/military_counterrebellion_july_1966.pdf (Page 37)

The Muhammed referred to above is late General Murtala Muhammed who was the leader of the July 1966 coup and another war criminal for the Asaba massacre in the 1967-1970 civil war.

The same Buhari executed three drug dealers based on a decree that was not in effect at the time the crime was committed.
So if the Boko Haram sympathiser calls for mayhem and killings because he lost the 2011 election it is in conformity with his murderous habits.

1 Like

Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by nkemKalu: 9:12am On Dec 05, 2012
chiswaggs: I think this man's time has passed. We keep calling children the leaders of tomorrow and I wonder, which tomorrow? Is it the tomorrow the leaders of today still want to rule. I mean, when he was the right age he ruled this nation. Its owkay lets move on. We've gone beyond his time. We need a young, vibrant actively working Nigerian that knows the indices of development in the modern world and that knows what it takes to move a nation foward in this generation to lead us. Countries that have old presidents/ prime ministers are gradually removing them . Recently an african country that had a president of about 80 yrs or there about voted him( even though he was the imcumbent out of power). Look at Obama and Romney's ages. What's wrong with young performing governors like Akpabio, Fashola or Rochas Okorocha ruling us. He had an opportunity to change this country and his supporters will say he tried his best. Is he the only one with idea on how to move this nation foward? Let him also give other people a chance.
.....The problem is that most of u people don't know what u are talking about. What do u mean that his time has passed? We are talking of somebody that can bring this country out of the present mess we are in....and u are talking of time past. The truth of the matter is that if any weak and porous leader takes over from JONATHAN in 2015, then we will be in for another BIG BIG trouble. BUHARI for now remains the best candidate that is tested, proven and has the guts to move Nigeria forward. He has no godfather, not a respecter of persons interms of position and has the passion for excellence. Pls keep sentiments aside and lets face facts.
Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by Olaolufred(m): 9:22am On Dec 05, 2012
donnn: Because he is a bad loser, whenever he losses hundreds of life are always wasted......

[b]If we must be sincere to ourselves,
We will not put only on Buhari the blame for the violence that trailed rigged elections in this country.
The crises of 1983 election was not caused by Buhari.
So also are the isolated cases of such in Nigeria history.
TRUTH:
Riging of election will always attract reactions.
Not when voters knew who they voted for.
My Friends from Benue have been lamenting how PDP in Benue rigs with impunity. Not in the face of David Mark's uselessness to the people of Oturkpo(his home town) in terms of visible developments. So we do see in many parts of Nigeria. No impact on people, yet they want to impose themselves.
Imagine what happened to the south-west under the DO-or-DIE General from OTTA. Imagine the upscale task the Judiciary went through to get judgement for Edo, Ekiti, Ondo and Osun. Is that how an election should be? Where Mike Tyson's and Fela's name will be in voter's register in 2007 and they also voted for PDP?. Not in America but Ondo state. Not in Ogun state but Ondo.
That same principle is what PDP is using till today. Do you remember the attrocities of PDP in Edo?. Do you know why Benin Kingdom is supporting Oshiomhole despite not being dirrectly born in the kingdom?
In a free and fair contest, every loosers goes home knowing they were just not up to?
But in a massively rigged system like those of PDP years since 1999,
Buhari can not be blamed for the crisis that followed.
It should be a Blame for Him and OBJ and his demonic PDP fraternity.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by anonimi: 9:41am On Dec 05, 2012
^^^
and Buhari's CPC did not rig with under-aged voters, padded voters' register in areas under their control
Every party rigs where it has almost exclusive control- true in Nigeria as it is true in America.
Google US 2000 presidential elections and Florida rigging.
Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by ofegge73(m): 9:53am On Dec 05, 2012
I have heard all sorts of things,opinions differ,and everyone is entitled to their opinions and views.
But Nigeria is bigger than any singular view or opinion.Let Me ask,looking through Our Country's history,the recent past that is,which Leader can Nigerian's ,boldly say"made Life more bearable".
Nigeria's problem isn't bout"Religion only" but if you ask Me,We should realise that the frustration,pain,hunger,poverty and hardship We as Nigerian's face today doesn't discriminate,it cuts across all Religious,Ethnic and tribal boundaries.its like a bad disease.
If Buhari"is a better person to wipe Nigeria' arse" then so be it.
I have nothing against the Man,atleast We all know or have something good to say bout him.He is no saint,but I trust that a lot of things could go in a different direction,if WE stuck to the" DEVIL" we know than the" ANGELS" We have come to dread!
Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by FLYFIRE(m): 10:02am On Dec 05, 2012
Buhari will fight corruption, Buhari will fight corruption. DO NOT be deceived. This is the very man that told the whole world in Kano just before the elections that Abacha NEVER touched Nigeria`s penny.
Have you ever heard from him during these numerous ethno-religious crises in the north in which southerners and Christians are killed. Not a word from this man who wants to rule Nigeria by all means. The only time he had spoken in the past was to defend Sharia and the right of Muslims to have the religious legal system. Is this the kind of man you want? We know those who sincerely want the good of this land in mind and buhari is NOT one of them; NOT even with that show of shame, when he cried because Nigerians resolutely rejected him like a plague he is. And, did you see the pictures of 8yr olds whom he tried cheating with at the polling booths? I pray he lives long to see & context in 2015 & will be disgraced ten times what he received the last time. Well, let him stand for the elections...may be he will die of heart attack after the results.

1 Like

Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by Navalsadiq(m): 10:21am On Dec 05, 2012
despite our religious differences and ethnic background,buhari is the right man for the job.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Sultan Slams Ortom, Fani-Kayode For Linking Herdsmen Killings To Danfodio / Nigeria Risks US Arms Embargo Over Alleged Protesters’ Killings By Soldiers / Full List Of The 8th Assembly House Of Reps Standing Committees & Their Chairmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.