Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,749 members, 7,875,874 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:18 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (157) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5868145 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (3504) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Roland17(m): 7:13pm On Jan 02, 2015
I honestly was going to refrain from this argument any further but for the sake of stating the facts, devoid of personal bias, assumptions or instigating sentiments that can be interpreted as sexist or chavaunistic, this post would be based solely on facts derived from the original post..

Herzumpther:
Yes its my hobby. grin

Emmm I think its every Lady's hobby. smiley

Based off this post it can be inferred this is the topic and the origin of the argument, the bolded clearly states the poster position with regards to women, cooking and hobbies, she never made any mention of men, children or even animals, thus the body of this argument and purpose of this argument is solely centered on ladies..

Roland17:

Nne, the bolded is very very far from the truth, especially with our modern day women..I call them Microwave generation..

This was my counter to the Poster's position, held within the confines of the topic focused on cooking being the hobby of every woman , I clearly stated my position.

Subsequently the poster inquired the definition of Microwave Generation and this was my response
Roland17:

By Microwave generation I mean folks who are too lazy to even turn on the stove, gas, firewood or whatever the source of cooking may be, they would rather put the food inside the microwave, they microwave meals like noodles, breakfast meals..

Women who buy already made frozen meals and only need the microwave to warm the meal, I mean I understand there are times one is too tired to cook or other exigencies may arise but when it becomes a way of life and a habit they are known as the Microwave Generation...they annoy the heck out of me with their laziness.. I detest lazy people worse off when they are lazy women..

Just to avoid being termed chavaunistic and generalizing I used terms such as Folks but also maintained the body of the argument derived from the original post which was centered on women, hobby and cooking, I also did not forget to make a case for exigencies that arise in our daily lives that may inhibit people from cooking...but you have obviously chosen to take things personal because you think it's a post against women but I clearly wrote I detest lazy people and that includes men, children and it goes to a greater extent when they are women..

I have been privileged to meet some of the most incredibly intelligent, fulfilled and wonderful women on and off this thread in different spheres of life, the mere fact that as humans we have preference(s) already makes us judgemental, it means holding a school of thought which is entirely different from another, the word Lazy, detest, annoy are my personal ways of expressing distaste for the microwave generation who are in the habit of resorting to the Machine even when it's unnecessary and not even considering the health hazards involved..it is a subjective opinion...those are words we all have used at one time or the other..but this is about me so I would not make that assumption..

If you have being following this thread closely, you don't need a soothsayer to educate you about men whose love for cooking has strayed beyond the realms of merely satisfying hunger..cc..Sunnybobo, Akposy, Madcow, Omicron, Touchmeder, allflyingbird,Roland17 (my very humble self) and numerous male handles..

I feel like writing more but this would be my very last post with regards to this topic with hopes it does not create any animosity or perceived tension between both handles..

Thanks
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Roland17(m): 7:17pm On Jan 02, 2015
Double post
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jan 02, 2015
DaBullIT:

Reminds me of skipper , private , kowalsky , Rico singing : Fiiiiiiiiiiishhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I can see my fellow Penguin lovers!!
That's particular episode, they ate fish that was stored away for a looooong time!! Only Rico didn't eat it... abi? grin

@ roland17, you can cook, you can speak bekee! Let's get married!! embarassed
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by chimajii: 8:06pm On Jan 02, 2015
Roland17:
I honestly was going to refrain from this argument any further but for the sake of stating the facts, devoid of personal bias, assumptions or instigating sentiments that can be interpreted as sexist or chavaunistic, this post would be based solely on facts derived from the original post..

Based off this post it can be inferred this is the topic and the origin of the argument, the bolded clearly states the poster position with regards to women, cooking and hobbies, she never made any mention of men, children or even animals, thus the body of this argument and purpose of this argument is solely centered on ladies..

This was my counter to the Poster's position, held within the confines of the topic focused on cooking being the hobby of every woman , I clearly stated my position.

Subsequently the poster inquired the definition of Microwave Generation and this was my response

Just to avoid being termed chavaunistic and generalizing I used terms such as Folks but also maintained the body of the argument derived from the original post which was centered on women, hobby and cooking, I also did not forget to make a case for exigencies that arise in our daily lives that may inhibit people from cooking...but you have obviously chosen to take things personal because you think it's a post against women but I clearly wrote I detest lazy people and that includes men, children and it goes to a greater extent when they are women..

I have been privileged to meet some of the most incredibly intelligent, fulfilled and wonderful women on and off this thread in different spheres of life, the mere fact that as humans we have preference(s) already makes us judgemental, it means holding a school of thought which is entirely different from another, the word Lazy, detest, annoy are my personal ways of expressing distaste for the microwave generation who are in the habit of resorting to the Machine even when it's unnecessary and not even considering the health hazards involved..it is a subjective opinion...those are words we all have used at one time or the other..but this is about me so I would not make that assumption..

If you have being following this thread closely, you don't need a soothsayer to educate on men whose love for cooking has strayed beyond the realms of merely satisfying hunger..cc..Sunnybobo, Akposy, Madcow, Omicron, Touchmeder, allflyingbird,Roland17 (my very humble self) and numerous male handles..

I feel like writing more but this would be my very last post with regards to this topic with hopes it does not create any animosity or perceived tension between both handles..

Thanks

**in b4 anything** Should be>> 'Based off of”..'Been' not 'Being'..
These are the 1s that caught my attention

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jan 02, 2015
Chillis:

hian, azumpther nwanyi oma cheesy

this small mortar na him you carry for head like heavy load. Something i dey take one hand lift.
Lol. The mortar no heavy o, I carry am for head because I wan carry the pot too so just to carry all at the same time I con put the mortar for head.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jan 02, 2015
claremont:

I visit this thread on a daily basis to ogle at the lovely photos of delicious Nigerian food, but I can't help but verbally commend a Nigerian sister for doing what most modern ladies have since disregarded i.e. the traditional art of pounding yam. It brings back memories of years back when I was a kid.

Big kudos to you, I wish I could like your post more than once.
Thank you.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jan 02, 2015
Kimoni:

Happy new year dear! My best wishes to everybody at home.

Don't worry, we'll talk soon.
They will hear. smiley

OK ma'am.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Roland17(m): 8:24pm On Jan 02, 2015
chimajii:

**in b4 anything** Should be>> 'Based off of”..'Been' not 'Being'..
These are the 1s that caught my attention

I am typing from my tablet and in some sort of rush thus auto correct alters alot of my words (especially with being/been)..editing is harder considering the volume, time and device..

Thanks anyways, I appreciate..
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Chillis: 8:30pm On Jan 02, 2015
tchidi:
New years meal.... the moimoi was sooooo tasty!

How did you get this soft looking moi moi. Mine always comes out strong and dry.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Chillis: 8:32pm On Jan 02, 2015
Roland17 and Efemenaxy .

From my own comprehension, the line that tick off from Roland post is when he said he hates lazy people . Not only did he stop there, he then added esp women.

That comment is questionable.

But since he said he didn't mean it that way, let's forgive him. We the association of micro wave women go sit meeting for him head grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jan 02, 2015
Hmmm.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Chillis: 8:50pm On Jan 02, 2015
Salad. tongue

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 8:53pm On Jan 02, 2015
Chillis:
Roland17 and Efemenaxy .

From my own comprehension, the line that tick off from Roland post is when he said he hates lazy people . Not only did he stop there, he then added esp women.

That comment is questionable.

But since he said he didn't mean it that way, let's forgive him. We the association of micro wave women go sit meeting for him head grin

No wahala dear. I don hear. smiley

Chillis:

How did you get this soft looking moi moi. Mine always comes out strong and dry.

The trick is to add a bit more water when blending it. It's funny you know, when making akara, the thicker your paste the better. It's quite the opposite for moi-moi. smiley
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Chillis: 8:57pm On Jan 02, 2015
EfemenaXY:

No wahala dear. I don hear. smiley

The trick is to add a bit more water when blending it. It's funny you know, when maki9ng akara, the thicker your paste the better. It's quite the opposite for moi-moi. smiley

Thanks

There was this moi moi I made. After icooking, it turned out to be stone shocked

I just cut the thing small small , and poured into the jellof rice I was cooking.

Funny enough I dumped the whole food. It was a mess.

How do you get the white soft puree I see on top of moi moi cooked with plates?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 8:58pm On Jan 02, 2015
Chillis:
Salad. tongue

attractive but d first meal is too raw 4 me
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Chillis: 9:01pm On Jan 02, 2015
Xmas eve apparatif
FIL family house kitchen

Crevette shot and hung with sticks

Fruit puree

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Chillis: 9:06pm On Jan 02, 2015
Akposy:

attractive but d first meal is too raw 4 me

My dear , you are not alone. cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 9:07pm On Jan 02, 2015
Chillis:
Xmas eve apparatif
FIL family house kitchen

Fruit puree
waoh......nyc concept and presentation....ma or sir?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Chillis: 9:09pm On Jan 02, 2015
Akposy:

waoh......nyc concept and presentation....ma or sir?

Thanks.
It's chillisauce.

No ma, no sir.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by touchmeder: 9:13pm On Jan 02, 2015
If you have being following this thread closely, you don't need a soothsayer to educate you about men whose love for cooking has strayed beyond the realms of merely satisfying hunger..cc..Sunnybobo, Akposy, Madcow, Omicron, touchmeder, allflyingbird,Roland17 (my very humble self) and numerous male handles..

Blessings brother but i'm not male. cheesy grin tongue hope your day is going well.
Now can i see some more picturesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss! LOL
Now who is tempting me with that bruschetta?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 9:14pm On Jan 02, 2015
Chillis:
Xmas eve apparatif
FIL family house kitchen

Fruit puree

Oh my goodness!

I sooo love kingsized prawns! How did you prepare them? And what's that white bit on one them, Chillis?

What fruits have you got in your glasses? I see green grapes (or Kiwi? sad ) and strawberries?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 9:16pm On Jan 02, 2015
berem:
My brother,no be small tin o! My neighbour who is a sailor brings lots of fish for his co-neigbours anytime he comes back once in two months. I don't buy crayfish,stockfish,blackfish and fresh fish in the market because he gives his neighbours free. As I see free fish so,make I go dey buy for market? Mbanu! Can't remember the last time I bought fish of all types in the market. grin grin

God go bless my neighbour! cheesy grin
pls when this your neighbor wants to move give him my address so that he will move in next door to us grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 9:17pm On Jan 02, 2015
Chillis:

Thats what im talking about! cheesy

*Looks back*

*runs off to clean up my kitchen*
smiley
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 9:20pm On Jan 02, 2015
Chillis:

Thanks.
It's chillisauce.

No ma, no sir.
chillisauce? Whr ave u bin and why did u change ur name
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 9:22pm On Jan 02, 2015
Chillis:
Xmas eve apparatif
FIL family house kitchen

Fruit puree
see enjoyment.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Chillis: 9:24pm On Jan 02, 2015
Akposy:

chillisauce? Whr ave u bin and why did u change ur name

A moderator took away the moniker .
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 9:29pm On Jan 02, 2015
Chillis:

A moderator took away the moniker .
eyah..sorry n welcome back
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Chillis: 9:32pm On Jan 02, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Oh my goodness!

I sooo love kingsized prawns! How did you prepare them? And what's that white bit on one them Chillis?

What fruits have you got in your glasses? I see green grapes (or Kiwi? sad ) and strawberries?

It's a fruit , and pls don't ask me the name cos I don't know.

My own was to eat grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by okotv(m): 9:41pm On Jan 02, 2015
Idowuogbo:

Easy na...hian
wasn't angry....never would. Am sorry if I sounded that way to you .
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Chillis: 9:41pm On Jan 02, 2015
Shrimp soup .

I figured if we can have fish pepper soup and the likes, we can as well have shrimp pepper soup.

Next I will try is smashed yam for lasagna

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 9:44pm On Jan 02, 2015
Chillis:
Shrimp soup .

I figured if we can have fish pepper soup and the likes, we can as well have shrimp pepper soup.

Next I will try is smashed yam for lasagna

Okay, what's the recipe for this?

I'm thinking ground crayfish, pepper, pepper soup spices, and a little bit of blended yam added to the mixture?

Re: Lasanga - I'm an absolute sucker for that...as long as it's beef..
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Chillis: 9:51pm On Jan 02, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Okay, what's the recipe for this?

I'm thinking ground crayfish, pepper, pepper soup spices, and a little bit of blended yam added to the mixture?

Re: Lasanga - I'm an absolute sucker for that...as long as it's beef..

Tea spoon Olive oil, frozen shrimps , black pepper, salt, persley ( I forgot to add it ), garlic, drops of liquid seasoning.

That's it I guess.

Been long I made lasagna. Time consuming. Might try it this weekend.
Always end up with plenty messy pots .
Pot for the cream and cheese sauce
Pot for the pasta
Pot for the Tomate and minced meat sauce.

Pan for the lasagna.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (3504) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: OgbeniOptional(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.