Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,261 members, 7,894,142 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 12:38 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (2082) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5913877 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2079) (2080) (2081) (2082) (2083) (2084) (2085) ... (3520) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by sleit: 11:15pm On May 13, 2020
NoToPile:
I made another batch of shortbread yesterday.
This one came out better, rolled the dough with the nylon still on it,it didn't break and was smoother.

I took the tips to prevent burning.

Before and after baking

Cc:4realwoman,cutiereborn,wetsmoke,akposy

Wow! Such perfection!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 11:21pm On May 13, 2020
pocohantas:
Still snacking. Feels good to be 38 grin

I can't believe I wasn't invited. This looks so good!

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GboyegaD(m): 1:07am On May 14, 2020
pocohantas:

Happy Birthday. May this year be a glorious one.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GboyegaD(m): 1:15am On May 14, 2020
Dinner:
Broccoli salad (Broccoli floret, carrots, seeds (pumpkin and sunflower), peanuts, raisins, parrmesan cheese, and ranch mixed with ceasar dressing) and Jollof Rice mixed with Sweet Peas, Sweet Corn, and Carrot with Fried Turkey.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 2:03am On May 14, 2020
pocohantas:

Thanks Ishi. Everything was shared at work, except 2 cakes and my box of chocolates grin.

As for J111, he has been lying to me that he is a keke driver. When he sees my IV, he will know it is not wrong to let a woman know you are financially capable. grin grin grin
Belated HBD to you the sugar in my garri, I say mek I drive my keke into the night as dem just lift the lockdown for area. The gala and zobo drink we go take celebrate your birthday still dey my trouser pocket, ayam cumming inugo. grin

6 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 4:11am On May 14, 2020
armyofone:
grin that one done finish last night, Lord help ya pickin grin

This one was also sweet like a scato

Did you know Lamborghini makes wines?

I ordered one to taste test it. Patiently waiting for the arrival.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by BlueRayDick: 4:44am On May 14, 2020
pocohantas:

Happy birthday dear.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by UmmuFarrah(f): 5:22am On May 14, 2020
pocohantas:
Happy birthday to you....God bless you abundantly

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Sexyjigga(m): 6:22am On May 14, 2020
pocohantas:

Happy birthday dear... Stay blessed.

5 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by BoleAndFish: 7:07am On May 14, 2020
pocohantas:
Happy birthday Poco.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 7:15am On May 14, 2020
folake4u:
Good evening people, please can anyone help me with couscous recipes that are healthy and yummy for adults, children and the aged. Biko it's kinda urgent. Thanks.

Cc:
cococandy .
Maria.ngeles .
poco.hontas .
Pres.tonn .
Ha.tor5 .

And other good cooks here.

Hi sorry for the late response. I make mine like jollof with fish on the side. Add a little bit of water at a time to make sure it doesn’t get soggy. That’s the only way I like it. Fish is perfect for it.

And thanks for the compliment

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:02am On May 14, 2020
GboyegaD:
Dinner:
Broccoli salad (Broccoli floret, carrots, seeds (pumpkin and sunflower), peanuts, raisins, parrmesan cheese, and ranch mixed with ceasar dressing) and Jollof Rice mixed with Sweet Peas, Sweet Corn, and Carrot with Fried Turkey.

that jollof is not as red as the usual jollof rice, how did you prepare it?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Torie8(f): 8:25am On May 14, 2020
pocohantas:
Hey momma happy birthday to you
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 8:43am On May 14, 2020
GboyegaD:
Dinner:

You have given me an idea of what I want to have for lunch or dinner today or tomorrow. smiley
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 8:45am On May 14, 2020
pocohantas:

Oh, I have just seen it was your birthday. I hope you had a good day. Have a blessed new year. kiss

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 8:45am On May 14, 2020
folake4u:
Good evening people, please can anyone help me with couscous recipes that are healthy and yummy for adults, children and the aged. Biko it's kinda urgent. Thanks.

Cc:
cococandy .
Mariangeles .
pocohontas .
Prestonn .
Hator5 .

And other good cooks here.

I have just seen this request because Coco quoted you. You misspelled my name. Do you still need the recipe?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pocohantas(f): 9:16am On May 14, 2020
Where do I start from. Thanks all!!!

@Hathor5
Omoluabi6
Sgbate
Cutiereborn, Fieryy,
GboyegaD, BlueRayDick,
Ummufarrah, Sexyjigga,

Boleandfish (what kinda username is this?lol),

Torie8

kiss kiss

7 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Dyt(f): 9:17am On May 14, 2020
pocohantas:

kiss kiss

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 9:37am On May 14, 2020
pocohantas:

kiss kiss

kiss kiss smiley
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Leesah(f): 9:38am On May 14, 2020
pocohantas:
See suicide mission cheesy.
Happy birthday and cheers to many more beautiful years......

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ishilove: 10:06am On May 14, 2020
Blueraydick,

I tried your macaroni stir fry recipe this morning-

Alas, I couldn't find carrots in my hood (the only one I saw looked like it has Corona virus), so I just decided to cook the thing like that.

I overslept and couldn't get up on time, so I did everything chop chop. When I got to the kitchen I discovered I'm out of spices like curry/thyme and the only ingredients available were Maggi and salt. Wetin manpikin go do? Manpikin sliced one very big ass bulb of tomato, several pieces of pepper and a boat load of onions (I love onions).

I couldn't resist adding two kitchen spoons of blended pepper and tomato grin

So I heated the oil, added the blended pepper, allowed to fry for one minute, then added the sliced tomatoes, pepper and onions.

Fried it for two minutes and added grinded crayfish (in place of prawns. We don't have prawns in my hood). However, since I was running really late for work, I didn't have the luxury of time to be doing catering practical, I added dried fish after 5 minutes. Last last I fried everything and added salt and Maggi under 15 minutes. Afterwards I dumped the boiled macaroni inside the sauce. Thank goodness you warned me about adding water to the sauce because it would have been too soggy.

Now to the stirring-

I don't have a spatula close by (I have a set somewhere in my closet which I haven't brought out in years) so I settled with 'turn eba' stick. After turning twice, I got irritated and flung it aside and settled for my trusty, big ass kitchen spoon. cheesy

Thankfully it didn't burn because I reduced the heat and just kinda let the mixture cook slowly. I prefer the spoon because it captured ingredients that has settled at the bottom of the pot, unlike the turn eba that didn't quite mix everything well.

Apart from the tomato that tasted a little raw, it didn't turn out as badly as I feared. Truth be told, this is the first time I am enjoying macaroni.

The first pic is the finished product in the kitchen. No light so I used a torch to cook.

The second is me about to dig in at work! cheesy

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 10:34am On May 14, 2020
Congratulations are in order cheesy
Ishilove:
Bluera.ydick,

Alas, I couldn't find carrots in my hood (the only one I saw looked like it has Corona virus), so I just decided to cook the thing like that.

I overslept and couldn't get up on time, so I did everything chop chop. When I got to the kitchen I discovered I'm out of spices and the only ingredients available were Maggi and salt. Wetin manpikin go do? Manpikin sliced one very big ass bulb of tomato, several pieces of pepper and a boat load of onions (I love onions).

So I heated the oil, added the blended pepper, allowed to fry for one minute, then added the sliced tomatoes, pepper and onions.

Fried it for two minutes and added grinded crayfish (in place of prawns. We don't have prawns in my hood). However, since I was running really late for work, I didn't have the luxury of time to be doing catering practical, I added dried fish after 5 minutes. Last last I fried everything and added salt and Maggi under 15 minutes. Afterwards I dumped the boiled macaroni inside the sauce. Thank goodness you warned me about adding water to the sauce because it would have been too soggy.

Now to the stirring-

I don't have a spatula close by (I have a set somewhere in my closet which I haven't brought out in years) so I settled with 'turn eba' stick. After turning twice, I got irritated and flung it aside and settled for my trusty, big ass kitchen spoon. cheesy

Thankfully it didn't burn because I reduced the heat and just kinda let the mixture cook slowly. I prefer the spoon because it captured ingredients that has settled at the bottom of the pot, unlike the turn eba that didn't quite mix everything well.

Apart from the tomato that tasted a little raw, it didn't turn out as badly as I feared. Truth be told, this is the first time I am enjoying macaroni.

The first pic is the finished product in the kitchen. No light so I used a torch to cook.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GboyegaD(m): 11:10am On May 14, 2020
Hathor5:

You have given me an idea of what I want to have for lunch or dinner today or tomorrow. smiley

Nice to know.

Pentolution:

that jollof is not as red as the usual jollof rice, how did you prepare it?

Usually I prep my food ahead by cooking a few things like three-quarter way. My intention was to make fried rice but immediately I realized I have added some pepper in the oil (wouldn't say absent minded however, I have some crazy deadlines this period), had to just stop with that. I allowed that to fry and chose not to use curry with it anymore since I had missed my initial intention, added some of my nearly cooked rice and towards the end, my already prepared mixed veggies.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ishilove: 11:14am On May 14, 2020
cococandy:
Congratulations are in order cheesy
My sister, I am feeling proud of myself. You inspired me to cook o, jokes aside. It's kinda fun experimenting and it's even better when it turns out well smiley
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GboyegaD(m): 11:16am On May 14, 2020
Ishilove:
Blueraydick,

I overslept and couldn't get up on time, so I did everything chop chop. When I got to the kitchen I discovered I'm out of spices and the only ingredients available were Maggi and salt. Wetin manpikin go do? Manpikin sliced one very big ass bulb of tomato, several pieces of pepper and a boat load of onions (I love onions).

Now to the stirring-

Nice. This is how the passion for cooking starts.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ishilove: 11:50am On May 14, 2020
GboyegaD:

Nice. This is how the passion for cooking starts.
Heh. 'Passion' is stretching it a bit. I doubt I can ever be passionate about cooking ever since I got one of my breasts scalded in the kitchen. Cococandy knows the story grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 11:51am On May 14, 2020
Ishilove:

My sister, I am feeling proud of myself. You inspired me to cook o, jokes aside. It's kinda fun experimenting and it's even better when it turns out well smiley

Aww. Look at me. Inspiring ishi. Me sef I’m proud of myself cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 11:52am On May 14, 2020
You’ll get there wink
Ishilove:

Heh. 'Passion' is stretching it a bit. I doubt I can ever be passionate about cooking ever since I got one of my breasts scalded in the kitchen. Cococandy knows the story grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by BoleAndFish: 11:52am On May 14, 2020
pocohantas:

Boleand fish (what kinda username is this?lol),

kiss kiss
grin grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by BlueRayDick: 11:55am On May 14, 2020
Ishilove:
Blueraydick,

I overslept and couldn't get up on time, so I did everything chop chop. When I got to the kitchen I discovered I'm out of spices like curry/thyme and the only ingredients available were Maggi and salt. Wetin manpikin go do? Manpikin sliced one very big ass bulb of tomato, several pieces of pepper and a boat load of onions (I love onions).

Now to the stirring-

You have done well cheesy

I used to be like u seeing cooking as a chore. In the university I had 3 roommates who enjoy cooking a lot that they do fight for the chance to cook. So all tru university I only cooked like twice. They always cook and I always eat.

It was when I was posted to the north for NYSC things change. My PPA was a government school quite far from the town and u can't buy any cooked food in that village. We live in the school compound and we only go to town mostly when allawee is paid or on special ocassions.

Being always lazy about cooking, I took enough garri from home and with kulikuli quite cheap there, I bought enough to last for 2 weeks grin. I won't even lie, I took garri to the extent I was sick within a week and half. More like the garri just dug out some malady or something.I couldn't step out of my room for a full day.

The second day while on my sick bed, a female corper that also hailed from Lagos cooked better rice and fried stew topped with beef and brought it to my sick bed. Somebody helped me get malaria drugs and I devoured the food hungrily. That same evening she brought me yam and egg that tasted really nice and I used my drugs.

I kid you not, the next day I was back on my feet full of life. Right there and then I knew my problem was related to not eating good food. That was how I enter town buy all the buyables including that Hausa smoked catfish, prepared better stew and chop better rice and beans with it. grin

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by omicron(m): 12:20pm On May 14, 2020
Who else loves fried Irish potatoes more than fried plantain? smiley Fried Irish potatoes, With Egg and tomatoe sauce. Breakfast.

18 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by gowonmaharajah(m): 12:25pm On May 14, 2020
pocohantas:

kiss kiss
happy happy birthday poco where is my own portion of the cake and other goodies?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2079) (2080) (2081) (2082) (2083) (2084) (2085) ... (3520) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.