Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,534 members, 7,892,145 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 07:34 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (841) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5907811 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (838) (839) (840) (841) (842) (843) (844) ... (3519) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 10:41pm On Aug 04, 2018
jagugu88li:
1 & 2 - Buttermilk biscuits with edible flowers. First time adding flowers to these.

3. Hanging lasagna dough - dont mind the washing baskets.

4. Finally caught the problem. Silly things are not even native.
You're a creative baker
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ibkayee(f): 10:43pm On Aug 04, 2018
Mariangeles:
Nice...did you burn the chicken on purpose??
No sad
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pocohantas(f): 10:46pm On Aug 04, 2018
breadplanets:
My egusi soup. If you've not cooked egusi with shoko yet you are wrong grin
Mentions are good
Likes are better
Winning is best
grin
grin
grin

I hope you will vote for Buhari next year.
This his government favour you o! Very rich soup!!

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 10:46pm On Aug 04, 2018
ibkayee:

No sad
OK...I thought you did for the taste
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by tintedniggz(m): 10:47pm On Aug 04, 2018
HelenBee:
Lol...pounded yam or Fufu does it better.
Those you mentioned would take time
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ibkayee(f): 10:48pm On Aug 04, 2018
Mariangeles:
OK...I thought you did for the taste
I didn’t mind sha, certain foods I like slightly burnt, like jellof rice (bottom of the pot) and beans cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 10:53pm On Aug 04, 2018
ibkayee:

I didn’t mind sha, certain foods I like slightly burnt, like jellof rice (bottom of the pot) and beans cheesy
Yeah...especially beans

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 11:03pm On Aug 04, 2018
pocohantas:

I hope you will vote for Buhari next year.
This his government favour you o! Very rich soup!!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Thegamingorca(m): 11:03pm On Aug 04, 2018
ibkayee:
Fried chicken made with cornflakes

Cornflakes cry
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ibkayee(f): 11:09pm On Aug 04, 2018
Thegamingorca:

Cornflakes cry
sad wink
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 11:21pm On Aug 04, 2018
chasers:
Eat Buttermilk biscuits this morning, not attractive as yours tho. If I were to be around your hood, that Lasagne dough could've be missing by now grin cool
I would like you to steal it so that I can then force you to by my vegetables as blackmail grin grin

Mariangeles:
You're a creative baker
Thank you mama

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 11:24pm On Aug 04, 2018
Alaadin:

grin grin grin exactly what crossed my mind when i quoted u, but when looking at it again, it reminded me of the racoon of pocahontas (meeko) cheesy cheesy cheesy

Dont skin it please smiley smiley
The most part is a few month back I had a hog doing good damage and then this. I ate the hog....didn't even think twice about it.

Let it go? Never. I have made calls already. The guys will do the mess tomorrow they said. I will see what happens if the come over.
Liftedhands:
The biscuits look yum but my eyes are on that bush meat there shocked don't tell me you let it go?
Let's wait for tomorrow. If the guys dont come. It will remain in that cage until I finish harvesting this garden. But now I am afraid if I keep it, I will have to feed it.....otherwise it dies a gruesome death.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Richhard(m): 11:32pm On Aug 04, 2018
Mariangeles:
...and post right??

Yes! Anticipate!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mamatwiny(f): 12:51am On Aug 05, 2018
jagugu88li:
I deserve to be paid for this long write-up grin. If its your first time baking....please buy the cake then later try this.

4 teaspoons unsweetened chocolate
3 spoons unsalted butter......not margarine
2 sugar cups
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 cups all purpose flour
2 cups sugar
2 eggs.....and two extra egg yolks
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 spoon salt

Peheat oven at 350°.

1. Boil sugar with say 2 cups of water until it dissolves. Add butter and chocolate and let it sit. When it cools you can then add the vanilla .....

2. Your baking pan must be lined with wax paper then sift flour, baking soda...powder and salt.

1. and 2 are in separate bowls...

Beat eggs and add them to 1. After this add 2.....meaning all are in one dish now.

Bake until the top of the knife (I poke it into the cake) come out clean. Mine normally takes like 30munites,at times 20 depending on the size. Just use the poking method.

Frosting the cake
I like the vanilla frost even when doing a chocolate cake.

2 teaspoons vanilla
2 teaspoons milk
3 cups powdered sugar
Less than a quater of butter or margarine

Mix ingredients until they are buttery ....until you get your desired thickness. I prefer using a spoon with this size of ingredients. If you decide on a bigger cake....use a mixer.

I hear you cheesy
Why do I think I am younger than you. Anyway, I will speak to her first cheesy

Decale just say it. Tell me to die and I................wont

I am almost ready for this. It is my first time.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 2:33am On Aug 05, 2018
Brunch:
coffee and some buttered Cheesecake Factory house bread.

Thai coconut milk chicken curry with mangoes, toasted coconuts, sweet peppers, cashew and mushrooms, served over white rice

Yum

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Afam4eva(m): 2:35am On Aug 05, 2018
cococandy:
Brunch:

Thai coconut milk chicken curry with mangoes, toasted coconuts, sweet peppers, cashew and mushrooms, served over white rice

Yum
How do you oyibo people have the time to make all these things for just one meal.

8 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 2:39am On Aug 05, 2018
Afam4eva:

How do you oyibo people have the time to make all these things for just one meal.

Oyibo ko

I’m Nigerian grin. Anyway it’s not any harder than making regular Nigerian meals. Egusi and stuff like that are not easier than so called oyibo food.

However this was my brunch at Cheesecake Factory. I ate it. But I didn’t make it

7 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 2:46am On Aug 05, 2018
mamatwiny:

I am almost ready for this. It is my first time.
Share when you are done grin.

SOMEONE PLEASE REMIND ME THE EASIER PUFF PUFF grin RECIPE. I need to try those buns.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 2:47am On Aug 05, 2018
cococandy:
Brunch:

Yum
Sharing is caring joor tongue
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 2:58am On Aug 05, 2018
jagugu88li:
Sharing is caring joor tongue
come get some
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 2:58am On Aug 05, 2018
shaybebaby:

Nah, I would say somewhere in the Caribbean or possibly one of the southern states of America.
grin grin I am all ears
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by britiko: 2:58am On Aug 05, 2018
SugaryBelle:
After last night's bitter leaf tragedy, I decided to console myself with plantain for breakfast
Nice! What type of plantain dis u use-
Ripe or unripe?
Pls share your cooking method and recipe.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 3:06am On Aug 05, 2018
Amala ati Ewedu

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 3:32am On Aug 05, 2018
I actually bought this, but it didn’t end well as I had the bone wounding my hard palate cry cry

8 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Moveonmax: 3:36am On Aug 05, 2018
Rice and beans, efo elegusi with them snail and egg wey don carry pepper enter brain. Come slice small garden egg and small honey-coated ginger join am on one Sunday morning like that.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ahnie: 4:34am On Aug 05, 2018
Indo-meeee

10 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:32am On Aug 05, 2018
[quote author=jagugu88li post=69995309] Share when you are done grin.

SOMEONE PLEASE REMIND ME THE EASIER PUFF PUFF grin RECIPE. I need to try those buns. [/quote: PUFF-PUFF

: Ingredients

Makes about 40+ medium sized PuffPuff

•500g of Plain Flour

•100g Sugar 

•2 level teaspoons powdered yeast

•Half teaspoon of ground Nutmeg

•About 2 cups OR 300ml of Lukewarm water

• Half teaspoon of Salt

•Vegetable Oil (for frying)

: Directions for making Nigerian Puff Puff

1. Pour the flour into a big bowl, add the ground nutmeg, sugar, salt and the dry yeast and mix together.

3. Now add the water, bit by bit and mix thoroughly.

Puff puff is usually mixed by hand, but you can also mix with a flat wooden spoon

Mix for about 10 minutes or until there are no lumps in it, and the batter is smooth , but it should not be watery.

4. Cover the bowl (airtight) with a clean dry cloth or aluminum foil and leave the batter to rise for about 45 to 50 minutes. To know if the batter is

ready for frying, you will notice some air bubbles on it and also that the batter has doubled in size

and is little thicker and stretchy.

5. Now, heat up some oil in a deep pot, the oil

should be deep enough to cover an egg, so that when you drop the batter into the pot, you won't get a flat puff puff.

6. Now do an oil test. This is done by dropping a

little of the batter into the oil.The oil is ready when the puff puff rises to the top.

7. Scoop the batter into your palm and drop into the oil by pressing the batter between your thumb and your fore finger

To prevent spills, bring your hand closer to the

pot.

8. Fry until brown.Then transfer onto a sieve

lined with paper towels(serviettes

3 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by breadplanets(f): 6:48am On Aug 05, 2018
pocohantas:

I hope you will vote for Buhari next year. This his government favour you o! Very rich soup!!
wata u seeing grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by fanedrive(m): 8:18am On Aug 05, 2018
Sunday morning breakfast

16 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by SugaryBelle(f): 8:44am On Aug 05, 2018
britiko:

Nice! What type of plantain dis u use-
Ripe or unripe?
Pls share your cooking method and recipe.
I used;
5 unripe and 1 ripe plantains(big ones)
Crayfish, palm oil, red peppers, 1big onion
Dryfish (the slim long ones they call sungu)
Handful of vegetables (ugu) and little scent leaves. Then salt and seasoning cubes.
How to ;
Peel and cut the plantain into desired sizes, I wash before peeling and I don't wash again. Keep the ripe plantain aside and put the rest in a pot with water just a little above the plantain level.
I add crayfish and onions on ground before putting to boil.
When it's halfway done, add the ripe plantain, salt, pepper, seasoning cube and the fish. Do not stir (I didn't time it so just use a spoon to know if it's a little done) allow to cook till it's done then stir and palm oil, wait about 2 minutes, add sliced scent leaves wait another 2 minutes add the vegetables, stir and bring it down. Cooking time shouldn't be more than 30 minutes
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Radiant1020(f): 8:48am On Aug 05, 2018
codedflowz:
Dinner
Noodles and fried eggs

My love for noodles though
It's looks much... How many packs did you cook? [code][/code]

(1) (2) (3) ... (838) (839) (840) (841) (842) (843) (844) ... (3519) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Gloriagee(f) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.