Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,908 members, 7,872,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:52 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (947) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5863404 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (944) (945) (946) (947) (948) (949) (950) ... (3501) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by CarlJenkinson: 3:59pm On Sep 01, 2018
Mariangeles:
You should have taken a clearer picture...
I was in a hurry to get down angry grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by sod09(m): 3:59pm On Sep 01, 2018
Rice and pepper soup

15 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by sod09(m): 4:01pm On Sep 01, 2018
Salad and chicken...finished it before I remember to snap

13 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Bollinger(m): 4:01pm On Sep 01, 2018
cutiereborn:

I like this type of concoction brekkie tongue

Lol....

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cutiereborn(f): 4:05pm On Sep 01, 2018
Mariangeles:
What is " ncha" ??
I don't know the English name o lipsrsealed
But it is used for abacha esp real native Enugu abacha.
You mix it with potash and small water to form the paste for mixing the abach.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cutiereborn(f): 4:06pm On Sep 01, 2018
Kenfil:

Kpele my dear!! Branch my house make I fix u a plate jare�
Correct person kiss

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cutiereborn(f): 4:07pm On Sep 01, 2018
FloraEC:
Breakfast
Pre-lunch
2nd plate, thanks!
Toasted bread with scrambled eggs kiss
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 01, 2018
sod09:
Rice and pepper soup
Delicious, what i intend to eat tomorrow tongue Got my catfish this morning..

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cutiereborn(f): 4:10pm On Sep 01, 2018
sod09:
Rice and pepper soup
Is there a peppersoup meet today tongue
Waiting for chicken pepper soup then it will be complete.
The head of the catfish is my favourite btw, using my hands to disect and suck in.....hmmmm kiss
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 4:13pm On Sep 01, 2018
CarlJenkinson:
I was in a hurry to get down angry grin
No vex o... grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 4:18pm On Sep 01, 2018
cutiereborn:

Does it add any special taste to it??
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cutiereborn(f): 4:18pm On Sep 01, 2018
Mariangeles:
Yes o! Juicy nice taste kiss
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by FloraEC(f): 4:20pm On Sep 01, 2018
cutiereborn:
2nd plate, thanks! Toasted bread with scrambled eggs kiss
All yours dear cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by FloraEC(f): 4:31pm On Sep 01, 2018
cutiereborn:

Ncha is crayfish/pepper/okpei pounded in a mortar, add red oil and already dissolved potash then turn with the pestle.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by sod09(m): 4:41pm On Sep 01, 2018
chasers:
Delicious, what i intend to eat tomorrow tongue Got my catfish this morning..
I couldn't sit or stand after finishing that meal...I had a good dream too cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by sod09(m): 4:42pm On Sep 01, 2018
cutiereborn:

The head of the catfish is my favourite btw, using my hands to disect and suck in.....hmmmm kiss
I couldn't finish the head the soup was too spicy

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by chigirl45: 4:48pm On Sep 01, 2018
Mariangeles:
Abacha...
Oh lawd cry cry
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 01, 2018
sod09:
I couldn't sit or stand after finishing that meal...I had a good dream too cheesy
Lol Day dreaming cheesy grin Rice and Catfish soup, my favourite tongue

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by chigirl45: 5:23pm On Sep 01, 2018
zaynie:

For me.
It depends on the chicken I'm grilling. If it's the tough chicken, then I parboil before I marinate overnight. If it's broiler, I just marinate overnight and then grill in the morning.

If you'll be using the grill inside, then put a foil over the other tray at the bottom to avoid those sticky stains.
Or you can use a baking tray, so that the juice from your mix is fully absorbed into the chicken and nothing goes to waste.
Did you say boiling before marinating for tough chicken?

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by jazzyjazz: 5:25pm On Sep 01, 2018
Who knows where I can get good abacha to buy around gwarimpa, Abuja?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by MNDE18: 5:34pm On Sep 01, 2018
Same here. Anytime I buy or get catfish; I settle down with just the head; I don't enjoy eating other parts. My DH always finds it weird.

cutiereborn:

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by breadplanets(f): 5:42pm On Sep 01, 2018
CarlJenkinson:
Forget the blurry picture angry
White soup
Chicken
And pounded yam, with five alive. Apple flavor
my best food on this planet. ofe nsala and pounded yam. Choi!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by breadplanets(f): 5:46pm On Sep 01, 2018
Mariangeles:
ncha is what the potash and other orishirishi sauce you use for mixing your abacha is called na. There's no ingredient called ncha per say
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Bollinger(m): 5:51pm On Sep 01, 2018
How to grill;

1. Season well with salt, pepper/suya mix.

2. Fire up your grill and let the coal turn from black to ashy white.

3. Pour the coal into the grill in such a way that it fills half of it.

4. Let the grill heat up for 10 minutes.

5. Start placing your meat or chicken on the flame part of the grill. The objective is to sear/char your meat.

6. Once it is charred/seared, remove from grill.

7. Lift the wire mesh and place chunks of firewood on hot coal. The objective is to smoke your meat.

8. Place a flame resistant pan filled with water on the cool side of the grill. The objective is to ensure your meat stays succulent and not turn into kilishi.

9. Place the grill mesh back on the grill and place your meat on the cool side of it. Objective is to create oven conditions.

10. Keep adding firewood chunks as needed until your meat is well smoked and grilled.

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 6:08pm On Sep 01, 2018
Better beans...that's the way I cook my beans with lot of onions too and served with hot/soft Philippines bread from Philippino bakery! Hot bread from the oven plus that beans equal good sleep cheesy
Well done!

Fecodear:
What would you rather have your beans with?
Garri for me tho

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 6:43pm On Sep 01, 2018
breadplanets:
ncha is what the potash and other orishirishi sauce you use for mixing your abacha is called na. There's no ingredient called ncha per say
I was confused there for a second... undecided
I thought it was something else from the basic ingredients

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 6:45pm On Sep 01, 2018
Bollinger:
How to grill;

1. Season well with salt, pepper/suya mix.

2. Fire up your grill and let the coal turn from black to ashy white.

3. Pour the coal into the grill in such a way that it fills half of it.

4. Let the grill heat up for 10 minutes.

5. Start placing your meat or chicken on the flame part of the grill. The objective is to sear/char your meat.

6. Once it is charred/seared, remove from grill.

7. Lift the wire mesh and place chunks of firewood on hot coal. The objective is to smoke your meat.

8. Place a flame resistant pan filled with water on the cool side of the grill. The objective is to ensure your meat stays succulent and not turn into kilishi.

9. Place the grill mesh back on the grill and place your meat on the cool side of it. Objective is to create oven conditions.

10. Keep adding firewood chunks as needed until your meat is well smoked and grilled.
shocked
Are you a chef ??

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Bollinger(m): 6:54pm On Sep 01, 2018
Mariangeles:
shocked
Are you a chef ??

I just love cooking. It relaxes me.

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 7:15pm On Sep 01, 2018
Bollinger:

I just love cooking. It relaxes me.
Most guys don't cook but the ones that cook take it to the next level...like our friends chasers and datascience grin

Kudos to you...

7 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Bollinger(m): 7:24pm On Sep 01, 2018
Mariangeles:
Most guys don't cook but the ones that cook take it to the next level...like our friends chasers and datascience grin

Kudos to you...

Thanks. Much obliged.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by SugaryBelle(f): 8:45pm On Sep 01, 2018
Guess what meat this is tongue

12 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by AgbenuAnna(f): 8:49pm On Sep 01, 2018
Last night dinner

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (944) (945) (946) (947) (948) (949) (950) ... (3501) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.