Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,296 members, 7,894,262 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 06:50 AM

Finish Your Race - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Finish Your Race (504 Views)

The Bible And The Human Race. / The World Will End At 2029, Finish Your Last Money / Christian Cross-Country Runner Refuses To Race Wearing Bib Number 666 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Finish Your Race by Rawlay(m): 1:21am On Dec 05, 2012
It was a Sports Day in young Kola's school & he had been telling his Dad ever since "Dad come watch me race, i'm gonna win Dad, i'm gonna win". And his dad would smile and say "Just give it your best son"

It was a hundred metres(100M) sprint, the tracks were set, the race was about to begin, the parents & the crowd were separated from their kids with ropes all d way down to the FINISH line but not before young Kola said to his Dad again "Watch me race Dad, i'm gonna win" and the father replied as always "just give it your best son"
Kola looked into the crowd for his Dad and he saw him standing there, "i'm gonna win", he thought to himself again.

The gun was shot & away with the sprinters, Kola was fast, i mean the boy could really run, the crowd was cheering and all, and he had left the others behind already and everything looked so awesome & perfect, everything was working for Kola at this moment until he suddenly tripped over himself and fell.... The crowd went "Awwwwwwwww" but for a short moment & soon forgot about him & continued cheering for the others that were obviously racing past Kola now.

Kola felt disappointed, heartbroken, such pain in his heart. He looked for his father but he wasn't there. Kola was devastated, he had disappointed his father. He considered going under the ropes to walk out and give up on the race, he was just about giving that thought 'life', when he heard a voice, his father's voice calling/shouting from the FINISH line... "KOLA! KOLA! FINISH THE RACE, FINISH THE RACE! You can do it, you can make it, FINISH THE RACE"
The crowd began telling him as well to FINISH THE RACE.

Kola's face brightened and he started running towards his Dad and the crowd started cheering and applauding him much more than they applauded the others or the winner of the race. Kola ran into his Dad's strong arms as he REACHED and CROSSED the FINISH line. His Dad whisked him away from the ground hugging his son so tight. Kola was crying at this time saying "i'm sorry Dad i didn't win, i'm sorry", and the Dad replied saying..."I never asked you to win son, i just wanted you to FINISH YOUR RACE"
WOW...what manner of father is this?

This story depicts the relationship most of us have with God, we started well & with so much zeal & zest when we first came to Him but we sway off sometimes & think we're no longer good enough for God to use but God is telling us to FINISH what we started with Him. Nobody gives anyone a reward for starting but you're rewarded when you FINISH.

Isaiah46:9-13
If God gives you a start, your FINISH is already GUARANTEED. Why start if you're not going to FINISH. What's the point of having a seed time when there won't be a HARVEST. The Glory is in the HARVEST and not the Seed. There's no Glory in the starting but in the FINISH.

A FULFILLED life isn't measured by the years one lived but by the quality of life that one led & the things he/she did for God and with God.
Acts20:24
Your choice should be to FINISH your CAUSE as you're not the only one that's felt like quitting several times. Remember the devil is out to steal your FAITH in God & if you don't FINISH your race then you definitely allowed him. No matter how many times you go astray or fall, get back right up, for God has said He'll never leave us nor forsake us. That's how you respond to life. Please let us run "our race" with GOD and with FINISH in mind.
Thank you for time. God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

Is The Bible Inside The Bible? / Rottom Message Seminar / Thanks For The Greatest Gift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.