Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,003 members, 7,919,206 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 12:23 AM

Why I Think Catholics Should Have Their Own Section on Nairaland! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Think Catholics Should Have Their Own Section on Nairaland! (1628 Views)

The Solemnnity Of Christ The King, All Catholics Please Stand Up!!! / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" / Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Think Catholics Should Have Their Own Section on Nairaland! by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 09, 2012
I think Catholics should have their own section.

When you debate against some Catholics and their doctrines, they take you as a real life enemy and all they do is rain insults and threats on you instead of contributing to the topic being discussed! The level of hatred and intolerance displayed on one my of my threads is alarming!

www.nairaland.com/1123331/catholic-church-one-only-true

Their intolerance is just like that of the 'Religion of Peace'! cheesy grin I think Mr. Seun should give them a section like the muslim folks!! If the post below came from a Catholic, then I think we've got us a Potential 'Catholic BH Leader'. All I see is an angry bigot ready to kill anyone who opposes his religious views. The likes of greg404 wouldn't hesitate to mobilize a group to track you down & kill you or even put a hit on you for opposing his views on Catholic teachings.

greg404: if there is one Promise, after the year is done, we will kill you, we have been aware of your Anti Catholic views, and the bombs been dropped in Churches, all this your creation so civil war can start in Nigeria, YOU WILL GET IT, we have been watching you for months, one day we will meet in person, and tell your employers, pay back is a bitch

www.nairaland.com/1089908/pagan-mary-queen-heaven-worship#12795092

I know Mr. Seun might not honour this suggestion but I'm glad to have poured out my feelings and given a suggestion on what has been bothering in a while now! I know some of you would call me 'Martin Luther' for suggesting 'separation', but I don't care, as long as this brings peace in the Christian faith I'm down with it! I think other denominations don't seem to have problems with each other, nor do they have problems with atheists, pagans and others on the religion section!

And for some belligerent folks who will jump in here with insults and attacks on my suggestion, hey, I don't care! Just do your thing, I've made my point!
Re: Why I Think Catholics Should Have Their Own Section on Nairaland! by Afam4eva(m): 10:50am On Dec 09, 2012
I guess Christ embassy, synagogue and atheit sections should also be created. I really don't even see the use of having an Islamic section. Everything and anything about religion should be done in a single section.
Re: Why I Think Catholics Should Have Their Own Section on Nairaland! by Nobody: 11:05am On Dec 09, 2012
afam4eva: I guess Christ embassy, synagogue and atheit sections should also be created. I really don't even see the use of having an Islamic section. Everything and anything about religion should be done in a single section.

Hates, intolerance and bigotry bro!! cheesy
Re: Why I Think Catholics Should Have Their Own Section on Nairaland! by tobechi20(m): 11:09am On Dec 09, 2012
Ateist section first
Re: Why I Think Catholics Should Have Their Own Section on Nairaland! by Afam4eva(m): 11:11am On Dec 09, 2012
seriallink:

Hates, intolerance and bigotry bro!! cheesy
These things are worse off in the politics section especially against Igbos. Should i now because of that now advocate for an Igbo politics section?
Re: Why I Think Catholics Should Have Their Own Section on Nairaland! by Nobody: 11:15am On Dec 09, 2012
^^^Well, I'll say religion is a different issue which explains why Islam was given a section!
Re: Why I Think Catholics Should Have Their Own Section on Nairaland! by nedu2000(m): 11:23am On Dec 09, 2012
cryDivisons in the church,smh........any1 that believes in Jesus Christ are christians. Dogmatism and doctrines are COMPLETELY irrelevant in this life and the next. Dark day 4rm christianity if Seun grants this wish
Re: Why I Think Catholics Should Have Their Own Section on Nairaland! by Nobody: 4:22am On Dec 16, 2012
^^^Better days for Christianity on Nairaland if Catholics are given a separate section!
Re: Why I Think Catholics Should Have Their Own Section on Nairaland! by CrazyMan(m): 5:04am On Dec 16, 2012
The whole issue is that most christians embrace religion instead of christ.

The numerous denominations we're having in the church today is what's killing christianity.

I would suggest that we run away from religion and embrace christ. Religion kills because its crafted on lies and deception.

But Jesus is the way the truth and the light...no man comes to the father, except by him.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Think Catholics Should Have Their Own Section on Nairaland! by Nobody: 7:39am On Dec 16, 2012
I think protestants are the one that should get another section since there are the minority in christendom

2 Likes

Re: Why I Think Catholics Should Have Their Own Section on Nairaland! by sylve11: 8:20am On Dec 16, 2012
@ crazyman, u got it on spot there! Same thing I have been trying to point out to some folks here. cool
Re: Why I Think Catholics Should Have Their Own Section on Nairaland! by Kamxin(m): 8:44am On Dec 16, 2012
Catholic hatred all D way, trying to pieces christianity D mor...
Re: Why I Think Catholics Should Have Their Own Section on Nairaland! by Boomark(m): 10:35am On Dec 16, 2012
My missile wrapped in the word will always locate them wherever they go.

Giving them a section will make them go deeper into i.... Worship. Some of them need to know the truth.
Re: Why I Think Catholics Should Have Their Own Section on Nairaland! by Nobody: 10:41am On Dec 16, 2012
^^^Boomark, your bullets and missiles hot oh brah! lol!!!

I no know wetin dey frustrate some of them when their doctrines are criticised. Atheist dey finish Christians on this board, most of dem no dey defend that one, na only Catholic issues dem dey follow with anger and threats!! I tire oh brah!
Re: Why I Think Catholics Should Have Their Own Section on Nairaland! by Nobody: 11:24am On Dec 16, 2012
BETTER NOT LET UBENEDICTUS CATCH YOU. HE IS RELATED TO THE POPE. DISTANT COUSINS grin

3 Likes

Re: Why I Think Catholics Should Have Their Own Section on Nairaland! by Nobody: 1:55pm On Dec 16, 2012
Boomark: My missile wrapped in the word will always locate them wherever they go.
How do you mean?
Re: Why I Think Catholics Should Have Their Own Section on Nairaland! by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 16, 2012
seriallink: ^^^Boomark, your bullets and missiles hot oh brah! lol!!!

I no know wetin dey frustrate some of them when their doctrines are criticised. Atheist dey finish Christians on this board, most of dem no dey defend that one, na only Catholic issues dem dey follow with anger and threats!! I tire oh brah!
What is the aim of this and the thread?

1 Like

Re: Why I Think Catholics Should Have Their Own Section on Nairaland! by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 16, 2012
SMH... exactly what the apostles were trying to do, gather christians together so that we will be one but surprisingly we have over 50,000 churches and more springing up daily. now same is about to happen here so that later many more people will give reasons why they need anoda section.
i am dissapointed...
op learn to tolerate even christ did...

1 Like

Re: Why I Think Catholics Should Have Their Own Section on Nairaland! by plappville(f): 9:25pm On Dec 16, 2012
I don´t surport division ideal, i know hate thread that exposes certain doctrine of their Church. But this doesn´t means the truth should be ceased. We must know that, alot of Catholics have retrieved thier steps back from the church traditions. Many have known the trace of the church false doctrine. We as none Catholics do not have to listen to insults from dedicated catholic members who do not want to accept plain scriptures pointing at the church adoption of traditions that contradicts the Scripture.

My suggestion is this, they should remain in this section, we are all one in Christ, none of us is perfect, i believe we learn from each other everyday. If there is any Catholic that can not stand biblical correction, he/she should better ignore commenting in a thread that could provoke him to anger. likewise, for the none Catholics, i think we should be more tolerance, even if they throw insults, we should try to apply self control. If not, we will find ourselves in same errors like the opposite. Someone has extended insult to my entire family here in the past, i didn´t insult him/her back, i just believe i might have said hurted him with the truth. The expositions are for good, so it cannot stop. but it should be done with care, many are learning from it.

So bro SL, i do understand how u feel, but please know that the body of Christ cannot be divided. There are good catholics who truely Love God, not the ones who are there for the Pope service, those ones will continue to keep blind eyes to plain scripture. you can`t change thier mind, they have been over fed with false doctrine. Leave them to God and continue with the open minded ones.
Re: Why I Think Catholics Should Have Their Own Section on Nairaland! by holyvirgin: 9:27pm On Dec 16, 2012
Wow...
So you want seun to grant 'catholics 4 christianity section'?
if i call u daft you would say i am being insultive, bunch of hypocrite, you didn't suggest a section for atheist, hindus etc but for d cath. Simply cos we told u who u really are?

Lol... confirming what i said about u being an anti catholic in here.

Serial killer get a job noww....
Go pack shit, welder, carpenter, shoe buckler, etc just get busy atleast it would help your frustration
Re: Why I Think Catholics Should Have Their Own Section on Nairaland! by plappville(f): 9:28pm On Dec 16, 2012
CrazyMan: The whole issue is that most christians embrace religion instead of christ.

The numerous denominations we're having in the church today is what's killing christianity.

I would suggest that we run away from religion and embrace christ. Religion kills because its crafted on lies and deception.

But Jesus is the way the truth and the light...no man comes to the father, except by him.

Thank you my brother!
Re: Why I Think Catholics Should Have Their Own Section on Nairaland! by plappville(f): 9:34pm On Dec 16, 2012
nne3870: SMH... exactly what the apostles were trying to do, gather christians together so that we will be one but surprisingly we have over 50,000 churches and more springing up daily. now same is about to happen here so that later many more people will give reasons why they need anoda section.
i am dissapointed...
op learn to tolerate even christ did...

TRUE TALK SIST.....honetly, i join you in SMH.…!!
Re: Why I Think Catholics Should Have Their Own Section on Nairaland! by holyvirgin: 9:39pm On Dec 16, 2012
chukwudi44: I think protestants are the one that should get another section since they are the minority in christendom
bless you sir! This bigot called serial?? is so dumb kai!
@op.... Stop d hate, instead ask that seun includes you protestants to the sexuality section that's where u guys belong, a plate where hate, debauchery, greed, hypocrisy and lies abound...
Re: Why I Think Catholics Should Have Their Own Section on Nairaland! by plappville(f): 9:44pm On Dec 16, 2012
holyvirgin:
@op.... Stop d hate, instead ask that seun includes you protestants to the sexuality section that's where u guys belong, a plate where hate, debauchery, greed, hypocrisy and lies abound...

With what you wrote up there, do you think you have showed like or hate?

2 Likes

Re: Why I Think Catholics Should Have Their Own Section on Nairaland! by Nobody: 10:32pm On Dec 16, 2012
plappville: I don´t surport division ideal, i know hate thread that exposes certain doctrine of their Church. But this doesn´t means the truth should be ceased. We must know that, alot of Catholics have retrieved thier steps back from the church traditions. Many have known the trace of the church false doctrine. We as none Catholics do not have to listen to insults from dedicated catholic members who do not want to accept plain scriptures pointing at the church adoption of traditions that contradicts the Scripture.

My suggestion is this, they should remain in this section, we are all one in Christ, none of us is perfect, i believe we learn from each other everyday. If there is any Catholic that can not stand biblical correction, he/she should better ignore commenting in a thread that could provoke him to anger. likewise, for the none Catholics, i think we should be more tolerance, even if they throw insults, we should try to apply self control. If not, we will find ourselves in same errors like the opposite. Someone has extended insult to my entire family here in the past, i didn´t insult him/her back, i just believe i might have said hurted him with the truth. The expositions are for good, so it cannot stop. but it should be done with care, many are learning from it.

So bro SL, i do understand how u feel, but please know that the body of Christ cannot be divided. There are good catholics who truely Love God, not the ones who are there for the Pope service, those ones will continue to keep blind eyes to plain scripture. you can`t change thier mind, they have been over fed with false doctrine. Leave them to God and continue with the open minded ones.

The same applies to JWs and SDAs they need to accede to biblical corrections and not hold tenaciously to traditions promulgated by the watchtower and ellen .G.white. So many good JWs and SDAs have left their false russellic teachings to embrace the true faith.
Re: Why I Think Catholics Should Have Their Own Section on Nairaland! by plappville(f): 12:51pm On Dec 18, 2012
chukwudi44:

The same applies to JWs and SDAs they need to accede to biblical corrections and not hold tenaciously to traditions promulgated by the watchtower and ellen .G.white. So many good JWs and SDAs have left their false russellic teachings to embrace the true faith.

No one is above correction, as christians, correction is valid for everyone.

2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

We should learn to follow good steps, follow good example, the only good example is the bible.
The Apostles layed down these examples, Lets follow just that and not "MEN" invented traditions that have no value.

Peace!
Re: Why I Think Catholics Should Have Their Own Section on Nairaland! by Lovethywilbedon: 3:42pm On Dec 18, 2012
CrazyMan: The whole issue is that most christians embrace religion instead of christ.

sylve11: @ crazyman, u got it on spot there! Same thing I have been trying to point out to some folks here. cool

PLEASE, can any of you KINDLY explain to me how someone can TRUELY embrace Christ by running away from CHRISTIANITY(Religion).
Re: Why I Think Catholics Should Have Their Own Section on Nairaland! by Todaynatoday: 4:06pm On Dec 18, 2012
Lovethywilbedon: PLEASE, can any of you KINDLY explain to me how someone can TRUELY embrace Christ by running away from CHRISTIANITY(Religion).
What if I told you that Christianity is not a religion but a way of life?

1 Like

Re: Why I Think Catholics Should Have Their Own Section on Nairaland! by Lovethywilbedon: 10:01pm On Dec 18, 2012
Todaynatoday: What if I told you that Christianity is not a religion but a way of life?
Thank God that you have not told me yet otherwise I would have asked you a simple question that will require YES or NO as an answer.
Re: Why I Think Catholics Should Have Their Own Section on Nairaland! by Nobody: 2:18pm On Dec 21, 2012
Reyginus: What is the aim of this and the thread?

@Rey, I clearly stated my aim for creating this thread in my OP, I don't really know what you wanna hear from me again! Or do you want me to say I created it to bash Catholics? Nah, it's just a suggestion!! Don't I have the right to make a suggestion on a public forum? Smh!!!

holyvirgin:

holyvirgin: Wow...
So you want seun to grant 'catholics 4 christianity section'?
if i call u daft you would say i am being insultive, bunch of hypocrite, you didn't suggest a section for atheist, hindus etc but for d cath. Simply cos we told u who u really are?

Lol... confirming what i said about u being an anti catholic in here.

Seriallink get a job noww....
Go pack shit, welder, carpenter, shoe buckler, etc just get busy atleast it would help your frustration

And behold loquacious holyvirgin at it again!!

The bolded part got me laughing in Calloti's tone Mu he he he he he he grin grin grin

I'm Cisco, Microsoft and Redhat certified tongue we sell like 'hotcakes', jobs look for us and not the other way round! I'm young, handsome, gainfully employed and living a comfortable life; if your broke asš ain't happy about it, go and hug a transformer or better still, drink some concentrated hydrochloric acid tongue

When I created this thread, I knew bellicose folks like you would infest it with insults and silly comments. But, like I said in my OP, do your thing, I don't bloody care!!! I have told you to channel your energy into something useful but the bigotry in you wouldn't let you think straight!! I smh for you holyvirgin!!!

I'll advise you and your likes to take some anger management classes, because anger only leads to self-destruction. You do know what your Church says about anger, right? 'Venial Sin'!!! Don't let your anger get the better of you!!

If Catholics are given a section on this forum and bigoted folks like you are made mods, I'll avoid your section like the plague!! You can't tolerate your Church's critics expressing themselves, yet, you expect tithers to tolerate your comments when you cricticise their doctrines? I pity your self-centeredness!!!

Do you even know the meaning of bigotry? Have you ever seen me e-fighting, insulting or threatening anyone who opposes my religious views? How am I a bigot?

I'd really like to meet you face2face someday, but with this your anger and intolerance, maybe I'll hire some military men to go with me when I'm meeting you cheesy grin grin grin

Edit: FYI, I ain't no Protestant, I'm a Christ follower!! Even if there was no Protestantism, I wouldn't have been a Catholic, but a Christ follower. Christ never was a member or founder of any Church! The 'Church' or 'Body of Christ' are those who believe in God Almighty and the sacrifice of His son for their salvation!
Re: Why I Think Catholics Should Have Their Own Section on Nairaland! by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 21, 2012
obadiah777: BETTER NOT LET UBENEDICTUS CATCH YOU. HE IS RELATED TO THE POPE. DISTANT COUSINS grin

Lol, Mr. Ube is my pal grin grin He won't be offended grin

How far brah? Been offline for a while, how your side? I troway salute!!
Re: Why I Think Catholics Should Have Their Own Section on Nairaland! by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 21, 2012
plappville:

With what you wrote up there, do you think you have showed like or hate?

Good question and thank you sister plappville!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Was There A World Before Adam Was Created? / Primate Ayodele Who Prophesized Keshi's Death Releases Damning Prophecy For PMB / Jesus is a Living Ideology; Jesus is The Software Of God.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.