Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,031 members, 7,880,224 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 02:27 PM

If Ur Dad Was A Muslim N Ur Mom A Christian what will be ur religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Ur Dad Was A Muslim N Ur Mom A Christian what will be ur religion (2370 Views)

As A Christian, What Are Those Troubling Questions Affecting Your Faith?? / Christian, What Kind Of Fisherman Are You? / As A Christian What Can You Do When You Are Hot? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Ur Dad Was A Muslim N Ur Mom A Christian what will be ur religion by Nobody: 9:36pm On Dec 09, 2012
for me Christianity all the way.
Re: If Ur Dad Was A Muslim N Ur Mom A Christian what will be ur religion by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:38pm On Dec 09, 2012
PAGANISM / TRADITIONAL RELIGION

(i will learn from the mistakes comitted by my parents)

2 Likes

Re: If Ur Dad Was A Muslim N Ur Mom A Christian what will be ur religion by ozodimgba(m): 9:54pm On Dec 09, 2012
My religion will be the newest religion called muschris. cheesy
Re: If Ur Dad Was A Muslim N Ur Mom A Christian what will be ur religion by Gee001: 10:06pm On Dec 09, 2012
I would'nt belong 2 any in order not to hurt or disappoint one of'em but will only have a mindset that there's a supreme being cos that's one thing both religions have in common.
Re: If Ur Dad Was A Muslim N Ur Mom A Christian what will be ur religion by manmustwac(m): 10:10pm On Dec 09, 2012
cyclops4real: for me Christianity all the way.
which means you must be from a christian background therefore can only see things from your own selfish biased point of view angry
Re: If Ur Dad Was A Muslim N Ur Mom A Christian what will be ur religion by Nobody: 10:12pm On Dec 09, 2012
I will go for any religion that does not preach and practice violence. you wanna guess
Re: If Ur Dad Was A Muslim N Ur Mom A Christian what will be ur religion by Nobody: 10:30pm On Dec 09, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
PAGANISM / TRADITIONAL RELIGION

(i will learn from the mistakes comitted by my parents)

Great answer

For me, it would be

Atheism/paganism

1 Like

Re: If Ur Dad Was A Muslim N Ur Mom A Christian what will be ur religion by k2039: 10:35pm On Dec 09, 2012
I will verify which of them is the real thruth and I will follow it.
Re: If Ur Dad Was A Muslim N Ur Mom A Christian what will be ur religion by Tedyk(m): 10:38pm On Dec 09, 2012
Here's a counter question
If Ada z a qal nd Obi a boy,what makes Adaobi?
Re: If Ur Dad Was A Muslim N Ur Mom A Christian what will be ur religion by engrtee(f): 11:58pm On Dec 09, 2012
Tedyk: Here's a counter question
If Ada z a qal nd Obi a boy,what makes Adaobi?
:-:-):-)

ada comes first, hence adaobi is a girl

similarly, i wil first know my mum b4 my dad, hence join my mum religon
Re: If Ur Dad Was A Muslim N Ur Mom A Christian what will be ur religion by engrtee(f): 12:02am On Dec 10, 2012
ozo-dimgba:
.plz wat is ur new relign aboud? Plz
Re: If Ur Dad Was A Muslim N Ur Mom A Christian what will be ur religion by Tedyk(m): 12:19am On Dec 10, 2012
ada comes first, hence adaobi is a girl

similarly, i wil first know my mum b4 my dad, hence join my mum religon.
U get sense
Re: If Ur Dad Was A Muslim N Ur Mom A Christian what will be ur religion by Nobody: 7:00am On Dec 10, 2012
manmustwac: which means you must be from a christian background therefore can only see things from your own selfish biased point of view angry
actually i was once a Muslim both my parent were Christians.
Re: If Ur Dad Was A Muslim N Ur Mom A Christian what will be ur religion by Nobody: 7:03am On Dec 10, 2012
cyclops4real: actually i was once a Muslim both my parent were Christians.

You made his point
Re: If Ur Dad Was A Muslim N Ur Mom A Christian what will be ur religion by Sweetnecta: 2:01pm On Dec 10, 2012
@cyclops4real:
by cyclops4real: 9:36pm On Dec 09
for me Christianity all the way.
how could you have been once a muslim, if your parents are or were christian? what was their religion when you were born? Did you have a religion of your own, other than what your parents were, regardless of which religion it was or religions they were?

by cyclops4real: 7:00am

manmustwac: which means you must be from a christian background therefore can only see things from your own selfish biased point of view angry

actually i was once a Muslim both my parent were Christians.
it will be interesting to know how a child whose parents were christians when he was born was a muslim as soon as he was able to walk. i am assuming that is what you are saying here; a muslim as soon as you can walk to the neighbor's house, say 3 years old. though your parents were always christian, you consciously refused to go to church with them, instead headed to the mosque to make daily salah and learn Quran.

unless both your parents or one of them was a muslim when you were, it will be a hard sell in the mind of thinking people and now that you know that God is One, you decided to go to the religion that says there are 3 that make up 1 God.

as for me to answer the question of the op, my father was a muslim [ra] and my other was a christian. my mother was predominantly my caretaker. however, i refused to go to church, close my eye in prayers and rejected her calling Jesus God and asking in his name by not saying Amen. I hated Amen as a child and preferred Amin. i do to this day.

Thank God that i had a kind mother. she knew my disposition and my displeasure at christianity. Thank God that Islam naturally flowed in my veins. I did not learn Quran as a child. But I knew my love was the mosque. Islam came naturally to my heart and my whole body embraced it. Alhamdulillah. Today my mom is muslim. Glory belong to Allah.

I have a feeling that God would have plucked me into Islam, even if my parents were both christians. After all my primary caretaker was a christian. But God made it easy for my Islam by letting my mother marry a muslim. God got my mother into Islam by making her son introduce her into it.

1 Like

Re: If Ur Dad Was A Muslim N Ur Mom A Christian what will be ur religion by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 10, 2012
Sweetnecta:
Thank God that i had a kind mother. she knew my disposition and my displeasure at christianity. Thank God that Islam naturally flowed in my veins. I did not learn Quran as a child. But I knew my love was the mosque. Islam came naturally to my heart and my whole body embraced it. Alhamdulillah. Today my mom is muslim. Glory belong to Allah.

I have a feeling that God would have plucked me into Islam, even if my parents were both christians. After all my primary caretaker was a christian. But God made it easy for my Islam by letting my mother marry a muslim. God got my mother into Islam by making her son introduce her into it.

It Just goes to show the hypocrite that you are becaue you wouldnt be a kind father to let your daughter marry a christian.

@ bold, Allah loves you and guided you into islam but he guided the majority of people in the world (66%) to other religions or disbelief
Re: If Ur Dad Was A Muslim N Ur Mom A Christian what will be ur religion by UyiIredia(m): 2:35pm On Dec 10, 2012
I will go for Christianity. Islam is too strict.
Re: If Ur Dad Was A Muslim N Ur Mom A Christian what will be ur religion by Nobody: 2:37pm On Dec 10, 2012
Uyi Iredia: I will go for Christianity. Islam is too strict.

A truthful statement from you at last!

Still, I'm surprised that you nominated me upon the abuse I rained on you grin Thanks though, it humbled me.
Re: If Ur Dad Was A Muslim N Ur Mom A Christian what will be ur religion by UyiIredia(m): 2:44pm On Dec 10, 2012
Logicboy03:
A truthful statement from you at last!

Most, if not all, of my statements on Nairaland are truthful.

Logicboy03: Still, I'm surprised that you nominated me upon the abuse I rained on you

I abused my own back. Have you forgotten ?

Logicboy03: grin Thanks though, it humbled me.

I hear.
Re: If Ur Dad Was A Muslim N Ur Mom A Christian what will be ur religion by Sweetnecta: 2:48pm On Dec 10, 2012
^^ I have no daughters. All i have are sons. So what do you want when all i have is Y? lol.

And the 75% that are not muslims is because of their spirit. Okay in your case your heart. You are stubborn. All you do is close your eyes where ever you are supposed to open them and open your eyes always to when it is advantageous for you to close them.

See. in all of my dialogue with you, i never shove Islam to your throat. But you. You wish at all cost that I leave it and deny that I am weak and there is One Strong and not Weak, even though I can not see Him. I dont have to see everything before I accept possibility of it.

I didnt see my father die. But I accept he is gone long time. I am not looking at my dear mama now. But i know the old woman is alive, right now. InshaAllah. Alhamdulillah for her life.

Logic, mehn, stop fighting a war and the battles that you will never be the victor.

The hypocrite is you who is fighting what is bigger than city hall. yet you can fight city hall and win.

I believe that it is prudent to investigate all things and then choose the closest to guidance. Do you know what guidance is? Go and research it and let it be the guide to guidance.
Re: If Ur Dad Was A Muslim N Ur Mom A Christian what will be ur religion by advocate666: 2:53pm On Dec 10, 2012
A Satanist.
Re: If Ur Dad Was A Muslim N Ur Mom A Christian what will be ur religion by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 10, 2012
Sweetnecta: @cyclops4real: how could you have been once a muslim, if your parents are or were christian? what was their religion when you were born? Did you have a religion of your own, other than what your parents were, regardless of which religion it was or religions they were?
my parent are divorced grew up with my granny didnt really get along with her, alot of my new friends were muslims, so i hanged out with them, started going to mosque with them for a very long time, got along with my granny, started going to church once in a while then converted to Christianity.
Re: If Ur Dad Was A Muslim N Ur Mom A Christian what will be ur religion by Sweetnecta: 5:12pm On Dec 10, 2012
@cyclops4real: so going to mosque in company of friends is to mean that one is a muslim, then i am a fisherman because i sometimes go to my friend's fishing business. but i know nothing about fish grading, etc and how they run the business. i am naive about this business so much so that i have not been to fulton fish market.

going to mosque alone without learning and practicing Islam does not make you a muslim.
Re: If Ur Dad Was A Muslim N Ur Mom A Christian what will be ur religion by VictorR1(m): 10:44pm On Dec 10, 2012
ozo-dimgba:

or chrislam
Re: If Ur Dad Was A Muslim N Ur Mom A Christian what will be ur religion by Nobody: 12:08am On Dec 11, 2012
Sweetnecta: @cyclops4real: so going to mosque in company of friends is to mean that one is a muslim, then i am a fisherman because i sometimes go to my friend's fishing business. but i know nothing about fish grading, etc and how they run the business. i am naive about this business so much so that i have not been to fulton fish market.

going to mosque alone without learning and practicing Islam does not make you a muslim.

if u say so
Re: If Ur Dad Was A Muslim N Ur Mom A Christian what will be ur religion by Belloladan(m): 12:49am On Dec 11, 2012
In African tradition children re made to follow their father origin,beliefs,religion and culture. because he is so superior then mum why? because you can have a mum without real father but, you cannot have real father without mum

(1) (Reply)

40 Days And 40 Nights' Dry, Is It Possible In Nigeria? / Should One Pray After Masturbation ? / Why You'll Never Become Rich By Paying Tithes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.