Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,757 members, 7,875,902 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:14 AM

Achebe's Civil War Memoir: Lets Not Re-open Old Wounds- Fashola - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Achebe's Civil War Memoir: Lets Not Re-open Old Wounds- Fashola (10328 Views)

Defence Minister Re-opens Old Wounds, Chides Minimah Over Buhari's Certificate / Prophet To Fashola: Re-open Yaba Railway Market Or Lose Your Children / Nigeria,lets Look Into The Future;lets Not Eat Our Tomorrow! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir: Lets Not Re-open Old Wounds- Fashola by ak47mann(m): 3:06pm On Dec 12, 2012
Real-Mccoy:

Nothing I said above was a lie. All I stated were witnessed by our generation. Fashola attended an intellectual discuss and daft like you is calling him clueless? He is a graduate of Uniben, he is not a tribalist but a progressive. If I could vote in Nigeria I will vote for him not cos he is Yoruba but his exposed way of thinking. Kid, I am done talking about this and if you don't have anything to do go climb a tree. grin
The said book has sold over 10 million copies and the sales were mostly outside Nigeria . Write your memoir if you felt he is not saying what everyone already knew. Achebe and Fashola were advising young generation and Nigerian government not to make similar mistakes as 1966, what is bad in that? You never read his book yet you are ranting? You trying to make been stupid cool or what?
I must admit ,you have close the book.... cool

1 Like

Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir: Lets Not Re-open Old Wounds- Fashola by ak47mann(m): 3:17pm On Dec 12, 2012
Olaolufred: NOW I CAN CONCLUDE THAT THE IGBOS HAS NO CASE AGAINST ANYBODY.
BUT THEY CAN ALWAYS BLAME EVERYBODY FOR THEIR OWN ERRORS.
SINCE THERE WASN'T ANY CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY,
ACHEBE'S 300+ BOOK FILLED WITH EVIDENCES BUT LACKS POTENCY, IT IS NOT NOT TENABLE TO PROSECUTE ANY CASE IN A VILLAGE SQUARE NOT TO TALK OF THE WORLD FILLED WITH INTELLECTS.
THIS IS WELL KNOWN TO THEM THAT THEY LIVE MORE ON DECIET THAN TRUTH.
OF COURSE, YOU CAN NOT GET JUSTICE WITH FABRICATIONS AND LIES.
dont worry,wait and let see the out comes,then you can blame igbos later not now..
Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir: Lets Not Re-open Old Wounds- Fashola by Nobody: 3:59pm On Dec 12, 2012
ak47mann: I must admit ,you have close the book.... cool

Finna buy some ak47 off you for the next war, bigman... grin

Shottaz shottaz!! Blammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! grin

1 Like

Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir: Lets Not Re-open Old Wounds- Fashola by Moji12(f): 4:09pm On Dec 12, 2012
Wonder wht the brohaha is in this issue? Yorubas can be stupidly sentimental @least the antagonists of this book have been from the former!! Swo never denied his actions all he did was claim all is just in war!! Achebe states his actions in a book and ediots come out abusing the man! I tireh
Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir: Lets Not Re-open Old Wounds- Fashola by ak47mann(m): 6:56pm On Dec 12, 2012
Britain and Russia why interfering in our simple war we map out already how to take over the rest of the country with no sweat we got the brains like Nazi scientist.We keep improving better and better but we no western world never wish well for black people they like to keep bullying Africa any how they like,so they swear that BIAFRA will challenge them in any aspect but they don't want that, they impose Hausa Fulani on us,now Hausa Fulani are fighting them with suicide bombers one of them failed to bring down plane full of Americans so both side should feel the heat as-well, Britain and Russia you think after giving this people second hand weapons from WW2 and still took them many years to reach biafran BORDER now the people you helped are now paying you back next time mind your business you play with fire and get burn, cool

shymexx:

Finna buy some ak47 off you for the next war, bigman... grin

Shottaz shottaz!! Blammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! grin
are u sure u can handle the fire power of 500 caliber wink
Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir: Lets Not Re-open Old Wounds- Fashola by Nobody: 7:29pm On Dec 12, 2012
The criticism the Igbos have for Yorubas is a convenient one. Which is nothing but a characteristic of a two faced liar.

Who owns the banks Igbos banked in during the first republic? Seriously who did? Was it Awolowo? Same Awolowo that didn't allow the Azikiwe's bank to go bankrupt is now your enemy? Azikiwe came back to reclaim him properties in Yoruba land and even his bank assets yet Yorubas are still his enemies?

NCNC the party that the igbos hijacked was started by a Yoruba man who handed over the party to an Igbo man (Azikiwe), yet Yorubas are still your enemies?

There are more Igbos in SW than in any other part of Nigeria but when convenient, Yorubas want to kill you?

Awolowo was jailed had to be released by Gowon even though Ironsi was head of state for 6month+?

Azikiwe, Tafawa Balewa and Ahmedu Bello partitioned the western region out of hate for Awolowo but instead the Yorubas attacked Akintola for selling them out and not Azikiwe? Yet Yorubas are hell bent on destroying the Igbos?

The facts are everywhere yet your emotions won't let you admit that your great father Azikiwe wronged the Awolowo and was envious of the sage. But Awolowo being a man of honour did not flinch before helping Azikiwe's bank during the war and made sure it didn't go bankrupt.

Let's call a spade a spade, Azikiwe, Amadu Bello and Tafawa Balewa all wronged Awolowo. When NCNC AND NPP decided to form alliance and suppress the AG you all didn't have a problem with such alliance. But when the party was over, you all blamed Yoruba for something you are the cause of? Azikiwe that was at the core problem of what led to the war wasn't killed by the so called coup cause he went on "medical trip" abi wetin.. But Yoruba soldiers who had nothing to do with your stupid "put Awolowo down party" with the North were killed?

Bleep Nigeria if all you stoopid Igbos want to do is blame Yorubas for something they had no hand in starting. It was Azikiwe that aligned with the North not Awolowo and when the party went sour, some Igbo officers decided to carry out "revolution" but ignored the Igbo officers they were suppose to kill? A Yoruba soldier even yelled out that they should let the junior soldiers continue their revolution to avoid a civil war but Ironsi instead threw him in JAIL for trying to kill him?

Remember Ironsi didn't touch the coup plotters? Had Ironsi allowed the junior officers complete their revolution, there would have been power balance but no, power drunk fool didn't. And you still want to blame Yorubas for your foolishness? Go to hell!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir: Lets Not Re-open Old Wounds- Fashola by MegaMan2020: 9:50pm On Dec 12, 2012
shymexx: Democracy and capitalism have failed Africa, we need to look inwards or embrace totalitarianism albeit something like the Chinese model...[b] Most Africans need to be smacked around to make them think straight [/b]and totalitarianism will provide a better platform for that...

Then get off Nairalanfd and make something happened big guy. I always laugh at preachers like you on the Internet. You make it all sound so simple but when it comes time for action you're nowhere to be found. Either put up or shut up.
Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir: Lets Not Re-open Old Wounds- Fashola by MegaMan2020: 9:54pm On Dec 12, 2012
stillwater: The civil war needs to be addressed by the FG once and for all, otherwise what you have would be people pandering half truths and over the top statements. Obviously brushing it under the carpets isn't working.

it's been addressed a billion times already lipsrsealed. It's like constantly banging your head against the wall listening to you Igbos. Just state what you want and we'll see if it happens. One minute you want presidency, the other minute you want Biafra, the next you apologies and cuddles. The rest of Nigeria is tired of the constant whining and moaning from the East. Please be quiet or handle your business. No more noise making.
Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir: Lets Not Re-open Old Wounds- Fashola by MegaMan2020: 10:18pm On Dec 12, 2012
gratiaeo:
Guy did you say that yorubas has been so nice to Igbos? Pls I'll like to know how? where? when?

The fact we haven't treated you like Northeners do when you insult us says enough. You silly cannibals no good and well that if this was Hausaland none of you would be noise making. You know what they would do to you up there. Is it not in yorubaland where Igbos are running to in their millions? It's not even just Lagos anymore. You've spread to Ibadan, Oyo, Ogun and plenty of towns and villages yet we don't complain.... All the while bringing your petty criminals and love peddlers with you.

1 Like

Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir: Lets Not Re-open Old Wounds- Fashola by MegaMan2020: 11:03pm On Dec 12, 2012
Real-Mccoy:

You sounded like some of those Nigerians that are suffering from identity crisis in London, with fake Jamaican accent....LMAO.
I am done playing beach ball with you .

Most of them are like that in England.I lived in London for three years and most of the so called "Nigerian" kids out there don't know the first thing about Nigeria. They just run around with Jamaicans stealing and beating people up. Britain isn't the paradise most of them pretend it is on here. They mostly live in estates/projects in Peckham,Hackney and other poorer areas. I remember how those in the diaspora would make out like the place was lined with gold. When I got out there I was shocked. i have other family who have experienced similar things on their outings to America. Also they call us Nigerians "freshies" which means "fresh Off The Boat" and make fun of our accents...all this from so called "Nigerians". I lived in Hammersmith which is in West London so I was free of these rascals for the most part.
Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir: Lets Not Re-open Old Wounds- Fashola by Nobody: 1:11am On Dec 13, 2012
^^^^^I thought we're the same people? - why can't you just act like me a la my alter-ego and stop dissing me, bruddah?? I doubt you can afford to live in Hammersmith and even if you did, there are also "rascals" out there in fulham and other parts of West London with council houses... So, it's either you're lying - or trying too hard to act differently from your alter-ego... Bwahahahahaha

BTw, I'm not a "rascal" - too educated and driven to be a wasteman.... grin

However, why can't we all stop this tribalism and get along?? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir: Lets Not Re-open Old Wounds- Fashola by bushwailo: 1:25am On Dec 13, 2012
shymexx:
However, why can't we all stop this tribalism and get along?? undecided undecided undecided
You ask that question when you see people denouncing their own kinsman just because he called for caution
They rather embrace a dead divisive tribalist icon.
Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir: Lets Not Re-open Old Wounds- Fashola by MegaMan2020: 12:58am On Dec 14, 2012
shymexx: ^^^^^I thought we're the same people? - why can't you just act like me a la my alter-ego and stop dissing me, bruddah?? I doubt you can afford to live in Hammersmith and even if you did, there are also "rascals" out there in fulham and other parts of West London with council houses... So, it's either you're lying - or trying too hard to act differently from your alter-ego... Bwahahahahaha

BTw, I'm not a "rascal" - too educated and driven to be a wasteman.... grin

I didn't diss you once. What is my alter ego? What are you talking about !

I simply shared my experience with a fellow Nigerian. A LOT of "Nigerians" in the diaspora do make fun of Nigerians that were born and raised in the Nigeria. If you're really from London you would know it's the truth. "Freshie"..I know you know what I'm talking about. The sad thing is most of them were/are living in absolute poverty. Isn't Britain/America supposed to be the "civilized world" ? Yet you're treated like 3rd class citizens out there. Like i said, I've seen it. I have no problem with those in the diaspora. I have a problem with those from the diaspora that make noise and act like it's oh so better on the other side. it isn't..
Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir: Lets Not Re-open Old Wounds- Fashola by Nobody: 1:08am On Dec 14, 2012
MegaMan2020:
I didn't diss you once. What is my alter ego? What are you talking about !

I simply shared my experience with a fellow Nigerian. A LOT of "Nigerians" in the diaspora do make fun of Nigerians that were born and raised in the Nigeria. If you're really from London you would know it's the truth. "Freshie"..I know you know what I'm talking about. The sad thing is most of them were/are living in absolute poverty. Isn't Britain/America supposed to be the "civilized world" ? Yet you're treated like 3rd class citizens out there. Like i said, I've seen it. I have no problem with those in the diaspora. I have a problem with those from the diaspora that make noise and act like it's oh so better on the other side. it isn't..

Don't Nigerians born in Nigeria also make fun of those born abroad? - it's a two-way thing... And calling someone a "freshie" isn't abusive, it's just a term for those who just arrived...

Life is about security, good food, fresh air, access to qualify education and good life etc.. And yes it's better out here than it's in Nigeria... Just take a look at how filthy and rough Nigeria is - and the horror & savagery in that country... sad
Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir: Lets Not Re-open Old Wounds- Fashola by ignis: 1:20am On Dec 14, 2012
T9ksy:

If you can't ascertain for yourself, the veracity or otherwise in achebe's pile of junk you all call a gospel, then that's your funeral.

Pls explain further
Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir: Lets Not Re-open Old Wounds- Fashola by justice11: 3:58pm On Dec 17, 2012
ignis:
Pls explain further

He doesn't need any explanation again. he has said the truth. Achebe has drifted from a nationalist and elder he should have been. How can a so-called elder descended so low that he became a liar to win sympathy?!
Many questions come to mind which can't be answered.
1. Why did he choose to let Ojukwu die before his 'gospel of lie' is published?
2. Why didn't he mention how Awo led some groups of Yoruba and mid-western elders to explain to Ojukwu that the war met the race unprepared and so his people said they can't join? In deed, how can we join. Ojukwu has been preparing militarily; he got some countries on his side. You expected Awo to leave prison and start war? No weapon, he is not a military man, no arrangement. Even, the Agbekoyas prepare well before the battle. Read history.
3. Why did he fail to acknowledge the fact that the federal garrison has been stationed in Yoruba land, and in deed there is no way they could join, so much that Yoruba did not prepare
4. Why did he fail to mention that Prof Wole Soyinka was jailed by the federal govt because he met secretly with Ojukwu to avert the war. Soyinka was jailed for 20 months because of Biafra. Anyway, he didn't congratulate Soyinka when he was honoured with Nobel Laurel; another evidence of the 'character' of the so called "Ibos voice"- envy.
5. While Soyinka was languishing in prison, he (Achebe) was enjoying in the UK (and later US). When interviewed later, he (Achebe) said had I been in Nigeria, I would have been in his (Soyinka) shoe (referring to Soyinka's imprisonment). Read for yourself
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinua_Achebe
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wole_Soyinka

He kept all these truth away and started enveloping his people's errors with lies. Well, time will tell! He has succeeded to divide Nigeria along ethnic line. This is what he live for - ethnic jingoism. And that is the gift he has to offer his descendant before as he prepares to depart. Shameful!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Did Buhari Jail VP Ekuweme But Place President Shagari Under House Arrest? / IGP Standardizes Police Investigation Process / Oyebanji Congratulates President Tinubu On Election As ECOWAS Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.