Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,302 members, 7,943,719 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 10:44 PM

Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom (29926 Views)

Buhari, Order Immediate Arrest Of Okonjo-Iweala & Emefiele - By Ilesanmi Omabomi / N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard / How Okonjo-Iweala's Mother Escaped From Kidnappers - Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by SELFWORTH: 6:56pm On Dec 10, 2012
It goes without saying that these animals will never see old age . This is the closest they will get to it by kidnapping an innocent old woman . The stress of all these can send her to an early grave .
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by floriana(m): 6:57pm On Dec 10, 2012
cyril83: madness is when you type contrarily to d topic
Actually, you are wrong. Madness is when you have your own business and choose to mind other people's business

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by Policewoman(f): 6:58pm On Dec 10, 2012
That is a big lie. They have not contacted the family yet. One Billion Ko, One Trillion ni. cool
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by Nobody: 6:58pm On Dec 10, 2012
maumau1: is sad because this boys should know that their time has come to an end.
they must surely be caught. they can never get away with this.
when nigerian police wan work they work.
mr man shut it! Who be the thief who be the catcher?
The Okonjo family has been holding us to ransom too so ain't big deal let them also feel the heat. why some people go dey enjoy but majority go dey suffer Na so u want am?
This will teach all these our corrupt leaders a lesson since they refuse to do the right thing. Yeah let them reap wat they sow! $1billion na esha to dem na, guy no think am.

They may even pay the ransom in secret and claim that she was rescued. All na wash, our govt na cowards dem be but dem sabi mumu their citizens.

The next should allison madueke's mom, dad, pikin or any of them, no time jorrrr let the revolution begins!

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by SELFWORTH: 6:59pm On Dec 10, 2012
GeJ79: NO SINGLE PEACE FOR THE WICKED GOVERNMENT.

.. But sometimes even the innocent will be caught in the cross fight. God help us all.
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by Nobody: 6:59pm On Dec 10, 2012
i am suprised people are not condemning this with the harshest words possible. Some are even saying 'the mony is too small that they should ask for more'. We need to condemn what is absolutely wrong! We should stop making excuses for all these kidnappers. Lets stop saying there is no job. Becos in doing so, we are trivializing the whole crime. We make them think its ok.

Any one who can kidnap others is obviously not living poor. You need AK47 and other things. How much does AK costs? You can easily take that mony to start up a buisness no matter how small. If you have money to start a pure water buisness and you use it for AK then the problem is not lack of job any more but lack of ideas on your part! And if that is the case, you shouldnt make others victim of your ineptitude.

5 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by TomjoTM(m): 6:59pm On Dec 10, 2012
that's an absolutely ridiculous stunt pulled by those kids.let's see what happens in 24hrs.
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by drnoel: 7:00pm On Dec 10, 2012
Shows they don't want the money. This looks like a case of vandata. Who are Ngozi's enemy? Who hates her so much as to kidnap her mother? Am sorry to say this but she may not come out this unscathed.
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by demelza: 7:03pm On Dec 10, 2012
Whom the gods want to kill, they make mad first.
I thought these boys had an iota of commonsense. Do they know how much $1billion is when converted into naira?
These are obviously amateurs and na for this nairaland we go read about their capture.

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by tosanbamiogbe(f): 7:04pm On Dec 10, 2012
Delta boys,one billion is too small to keep self. Man must survive.
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by idugbe(m): 7:05pm On Dec 10, 2012
If I was the minister, I will gladly ask them to keep her. My mum will not forgive me if I pay out such an amount to rescue her, especially at that age! embarassed

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by kabaka1: 7:05pm On Dec 10, 2012
I doubt it that they want $1b or do they mean $1m. Cos if they really mean $1b, means these kidnappers r jokers.

Anyway, hope they family rescues d old lady soon healthy n hearty.

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by emmjayee(m): 7:06pm On Dec 10, 2012
seanet02: Too much money. Nice one my guys.
Treat the mama well, but no money no mama.
Thats the deal.
Wat does dat mean ?ok if there is no money nkor mama shuld?
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by ifyalways(f): 7:07pm On Dec 10, 2012
Hmmn!
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by Nobody: 7:09pm On Dec 10, 2012
@garri activist. How the woman take spoil naija? How she take reap you? Person leave a lucrative job for america come back house to com fix you yeye country na crime she comit? Which crime she commit by telling them to remove subsidy? No be say the subsidy regime dey sustainable. Becos she say make your govt stop to dey pay oil marketers subsidy money for oil wey no go dey sold in naija, na that one come make am be bad person?
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by Bongoman1: 7:13pm On Dec 10, 2012
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by Nobody: 7:14pm On Dec 10, 2012
I am in the wrong thread
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by gwas(m): 7:14pm On Dec 10, 2012
I must see the end of this
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by Emmyvans: 7:14pm On Dec 10, 2012
$1 billion. Wooow. It is clear that this guys are not really interested in the money. It seems like they've got some scores to settle with the finance minister.

If u hear that any of cbn gov sanusi's close family member is kidnapped, then knw that it is the same group of ppl trying to achieve somtin fascinatin
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by aglomar: 7:14pm On Dec 10, 2012
Na wa o. See as everybody is against d woman because of d daughter.
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by ANYPEN(m): 7:15pm On Dec 10, 2012
1 B gini shocked shocked shocked. that is too much nah. na barack obama una capture

i hope these kidnappers trend gently o because if they are caught, nah die o!
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by oduneja: 7:18pm On Dec 10, 2012
Karma is a bitch. For those of you who have been rejoicing over the kidnapping of this aged woman. May such evil befall you and your household in Jesus name. And so shall it be!
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by wengerjay(m): 7:18pm On Dec 10, 2012
Chicken change.Okonjo ewenla na chairwoman now.
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by ANYPEN(m): 7:19pm On Dec 10, 2012
kabaka1: I doubt it that they want $1b or do they mean $1m. Cos if they really mean $1b, means these kidnappers r jokers.

Anyway, hope they family rescues d old lady soon healthy n hearty.

what they mean is that negotiation starts from $1b to N1b
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by OsunOriginal: 7:19pm On Dec 10, 2012
afam4eva: Isn't that the budget of some countries? The kidnappers are very stup1d. How do they intend to manage that amount without being caught. Where will they put it?

You dont seem to know anything. The boys know they will negotiation as usual - so, if what the boys want is $50m, they will start with $1Billion and negotiation starts. If they come down from 1B to 50m, wont the minister sees this as a favor and quickly pay?
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by Emmy9ite(m): 7:20pm On Dec 10, 2012
1 billion dollars is not a small cash. They won't even use the money for anything reasonable. I wish they could collect the money and invest into good businesses. God will help her.
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by Psylas(m): 7:22pm On Dec 10, 2012
$1b for 82 yr old woman, ok naa
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by futuspec(m): 7:25pm On Dec 10, 2012
This is easy....by anointing God can use my pastor to bring the woman out without a dime.
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by dinggle: 7:26pm On Dec 10, 2012
This is a trend, when govt fail to do the right thing, the ppl will take laws into their hands, especially when govt is seen as a joker. Funny thing is, pay these guys more kidnappings will follow. Govt should start putting things in place so that there will be hope in the air. If you breath hope you will show restraint, if you breath hopelessness you will look for death.
Imagine if that $1 billion had been set aside for the jobless youths. If N2 million had been given to each jobless youth with vetted business project, for every N2million 3-5 direct jobs would be created, do the maths. And I'm not saying give them the money so they run away with it, the money could be controlled if they wanna source raw material they source it and payment is made directly from the bank to the firm producing the raw material, if they wanna rent a shop or warehouse the payment goes from the bank to the landlord. By doing this the money rolls back to the economy for a boom. These things can be done there are talents everywhere but the leaders have lazy minds, the only thing they understand is contract, percentage and oil.

Give incentives to small and new business not tax-to-kill like Lagos and Edo are doing. Imagine that you are starting a new business in Lagos and you can't use your car to advertise your products with out advert tax, whereas in America you get tax credit for using your car for your business and also credit for using your home as your office or business place. Are we just dumb?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Troop Arrests Wanted Ex-militant Leader For Sabotaging The Economy / Meet The People Behind Boko Haram Defeat (pics) / How Amnesty International Demanded Release Of Buhari, Tinubu, Keyamo Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.