Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,878 members, 7,872,896 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:05 AM

Why Do Pregnant Women Attached Safety Pin(s) To Their Clothes/wears? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Pregnant Women Attached Safety Pin(s) To Their Clothes/wears? (1233 Views)

Do Pregnant Women Fart So Much? My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts... / Why Do Pregnant Women Spit Out Saliva Continuously? How Can They Be Helped? / Why Do Pregnant Women Attached Safety-Pin(s) To Their Clothes/wears? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Pregnant Women Attached Safety Pin(s) To Their Clothes/wears? by Ask4bigneyo(m): 7:45pm On Dec 10, 2012
Have been wondering why our pregnant women always attached safety pin(s) to their clothes/wears...

It is commonly practiced among the yorubas bt i don't know weda this also applicable to other culture/tribes..

According to an elderly man who pleaded annonimity pointed out that "Safety pin" is usually attached to their clothes/wears so as to prevent fetus from evil spirit/deamon expecially @ noon and night!

I don't know weda u too have witness this in a pregnant women's clothes...

How do you reciprocate to this...?Nairalanders...

What is the meaning and how true is it?

I will appreciate your good responce...
Thanks!
Re: Why Do Pregnant Women Attached Safety Pin(s) To Their Clothes/wears? by Otunbaworldwide(m): 9:16pm On Dec 10, 2012
Ask ur grandma or grandpa at home.
Re: Why Do Pregnant Women Attached Safety Pin(s) To Their Clothes/wears? by coldgate(f): 9:19pm On Dec 10, 2012
None of my biz. None of yours too.
Re: Why Do Pregnant Women Attached Safety Pin(s) To Their Clothes/wears? by justmoore: 5:21pm On Jan 06, 2013
For better understanding, go to village where you have people living in the forest or when your wife is pregnant ask her not to attach pin to her dress and let her go out anytime she likes preferably night 10pm-4am and noon 12pm-3pm then when she delivers see how the baby will look if nothing happens watch the baby when he/she is growing you will see/hear what you have never seen/heard in your life.
Advice:
either true/false, pls do not try it other wise you will have yourself to blame.
Re: Why Do Pregnant Women Attached Safety Pin(s) To Their Clothes/wears? by greatgod2012(f): 6:27pm On Jan 06, 2013
@ op, you have already opened this thread before and it was widely tackled, i dont know what you stand to gain by repeating a thread in less than a month. Or may be you thought you will be paid based on how many threads you are able to raise.

https://www.nairaland.com/1128590/why-pregnant-women-attached-safety-pin

(1) (Reply)

Happy New Year To M̶̲̥̅̊y̶̲̥̅̊ Fellow Nairalanders / Advice Her Please, Should She Confront Her Husband? / My Baby Scream Surprised Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.