Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,126 members, 7,887,256 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:55 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (1424) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11178803 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1421) (1422) (1423) (1424) (1425) (1426) (1427) ... (7878) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 9:28pm On Mar 16, 2016
mercylicious:
i have died
Dear Mercy,
I can understand what u mean; but please do me a favour: kindly rephrase.
Me thinks this is not good for u.
Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Krisuba: 9:28pm On Mar 16, 2016
Please wats the closure date for zenith
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 9:59pm On Mar 16, 2016
Krisuba:
Please wats the closure date for zenith
N12.35
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soloniger(m): 10:01pm On Mar 16, 2016
veecovee:
N12.35
closure date for zenith?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by teeboy95: 10:09pm On Mar 16, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 10:09pm On Mar 16, 2016
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 10:14pm On Mar 16, 2016
PETERiCHY:

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/03/16/foreign-investors-dump-nse-for-nairobi-johannesburg-exchanges/

I pray you will not continue to fail.
how are this two countries related to the ones you wrote.
is Nairobi now in Russia or which one.
I still ask how are they now better off after devaluation?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 10:16pm On Mar 16, 2016
soloniger:
closure date for zenith?
29th march 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ORAGBON(m): 10:25pm On Mar 16, 2016
OakPearl:
Dear Mercy, I can understand what u mean; but please do me a favour: kindly rephrase. Me thinks this is not good for u. Thanks.
words are very powerful
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jarkbauer: 10:28pm On Mar 16, 2016
ORAGBON:
words are very powerful

just as saying Oando will trade at N30 next week....words are powerful. So beacaue she said i have died.. she will die abi.

We have been shouting Naija is great and she is now great

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:34pm On Mar 16, 2016
good news is now bad news on nse.

i dont trade with borrowed money. i shouted, cos for my mind, i go carry zenith loot buy land for lekki.
grin

first quarter results will be bad for most coy. i planned to run after this earning season, not knowing the race started b4 me.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:48pm On Mar 16, 2016
mercylicious:
good news is now bad news on nse.

i dont trade with borrowed money. i shouted, cos for my mind, i go carry zenith loot buy land for lekki.
grin

first quarter results will be bad for most coy. i planned to run after this earning season, not knowing the race started b4 me.

better to say i am off balance than to wish yourself death.be warned.........anaghi eji ihe ana agba na nti agba nanya.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Krisuba: 11:02pm On Mar 16, 2016
Intendy:

29th march 2016

Tnx. Lets see how much % d divident will increase b4 dat date. I mean d price droping further
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 11:33pm On Mar 16, 2016
locodemy:

better to say i am off balance than to wish yourself death.be warned.........anaghi eji ihe ana agba na nti agba nanya.

Oga wetin I do u na? Stop waking me up from sleep
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ORAGBON(m): 12:14am On Mar 17, 2016
jarkbauer:

just as saying Oando will trade at N30 next week....words are powerful. So beacaue she said i have died.. she will die abi.

We have been shouting Naija is great and she is now great
Of course Nigeria is a great nation that is why she is faced with so much to deal with. A man greatness is measured by the size of his enemies!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by donmarshia(m): 2:00am On Mar 17, 2016
In a sane economy, when the Fed reduces interest rates, the equity market is bouyed as some investments are transferred to equity.

With risk free rates, (NTB) specifically around 7% max for the 364 days tenor, it baffles me that with a dividend yield of above 10% for some stocks, there is no immediate positive reaction. This is an anomaly unless the argument below is in place.

One could argue that capital preservation is not certain,( gain 10% on dividend yield, lose 5% on capital loss) or that the risk involved in investing in Nigerian equities considering the macro economic environment warrants a higher risk premium than 3%. (10%-7%).

If the above is the case, then, we are in for a long thing. Despite all, I go chop my dividend and at the least sell my equity holdings at cost price.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nio68(m): 4:06am On Mar 17, 2016
with the inflation rate now in double digits and increasing at a fast rate, you would understand why a dividend yield of 10-12% isn't attractive anymore, hence the sell off... hopefully if the government can get the rate back to single digits and stabilise it then we may see inflow of capital with likely capital gains.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 5:05am On Mar 17, 2016
nio68:
with the inflation rate now in double digits and increasing at a fast rate, you would understand why a dividend yield of 10-12% isn't attractive anymore, hence the sell off... hopefully if the government can get the rate back to single digits and stabilise it then we may see inflow of capital with likely capital gains.

Naija Investment climate is just an unfortunate one....Inflation rate went up to 11.4%.....yet the Bond Yields are dropping. FGN 2020 Bond dropped from 12.15 at Feb auction to 11.33% at the auction yesterday.. The yields on Treasury Bills are dropping and Investors in the capital markets do not find Dividend yields of even 12% interesting any more...
I still think a few people are creating panic in the stock market, they want to get it depressed further and then move in at far lower dividend yield...
I will advise investors to remain dogged and take a mid to long term view.... but then if you have made a return above the present dividend yield....take ur profits..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 5:19am On Mar 17, 2016
soloniger:
closure date for zenith?
oh! mistake pls
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by NuttyChoky(m): 6:16am On Mar 17, 2016
Intendy:

Peterichy is right on that one. The Rand is a devalued currency that has lost almost 50% of value in recent times... but because it is a managed float there is ease of entry and exit of capital unlike how our CBN constrains fx liquidity.

Bottom-line, at the present time, if I had access to the JSE, I would be there instead of this here JIJO

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 6:57am On Mar 17, 2016

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:06am On Mar 17, 2016
Agbalowomeri:

Oga wetin I do u na? Stop waking me up from sleep
sorry sir.its for sister mercy.my eyes was heavy as a result of ogogoro
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 7:08am On Mar 17, 2016
NuttyChoky:

Peterichy is right on that one. The Rand is a devalued currency that has lost almost 50% of value in recent times... but because it is a managed float there is ease of entry and exit of capital unlike how our CBN constrains fx liquidity.

Bottom-line, at the present time, if I had access to the JSE, I would be there instead of this here JIJO
I still maintain how have the mentioned countries in his post better off than Nigeria?
1)
2)
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 7:09am On Mar 17, 2016
Intendy:

So simply bcuz i gave few examples of countries that have either devalue or float their currency in recent time you now taught they are they are the only ones.

Well untill you start thinking outside the box you will remain where you are.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mfaith(f): 7:13am On Mar 17, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megainvest: 7:18am On Mar 17, 2016
Market likely to reverse today. Oil back up above $40.
JIJO may be profitable today. Pls do your DD and make your decision for yourself ooo. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by NuttyChoky(m): 7:32am On Mar 17, 2016
megainvest:
JIJO may be profitable today. Pls do your DD and make your decision for yourself ooo. grin

I think it is monetary policy that currently influences the market over and above crude oil price... A lot of eyes are on the outcome of the MPC meeting next week.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 7:42am On Mar 17, 2016
megainvest:
But budget passage is still our problem. The National assembly promise to pass the budget on 17th been today, but the moment the Senate president case was fixed on 18th been tomorrow, the Senate change their stand to next week, meaning if the Senate president case go otherwise the passing of budget will still be delay. This is indirectly affecting stock exchange market. Senate should do well to pass the budget in order to move the country forward. Crude oil price, price of dollar to naira in the black exchange market, and budget, are the three major factors affecting our market presently. But our country shall soon overcome.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 7:51am On Mar 17, 2016
PETERiCHY:

So simply bcuz i gave few examples of countries that have either devalue or float their currency in recent time you now taught they are they are the only ones.

Well untill you start thinking outside the box you will remain where you are.

I'll appreciate if you can go tru this
https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=dnYTT8I_RP8C&pg=PA89&lpg=PA89&dq=did+kenya+devalue+their+currency&source=bl&ots=wbfdZZRdTC&sig=_u58e0SUP5bW2DAG8UOFt51iotU&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjF3J7QjsfLAhXIuRQKHTKkDuoQ6AEIGDAF
and see where it was clearly stated
To cite an example, the devaluation
of the Kenya Shilling did not help the Kenyan economy at all, and ... We all know that if a country has to devalue its currency , that would -mean then that the country would suffer more

this is from Kenya national assembly official record

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 7:55am On Mar 17, 2016
megainvest:
sir which and which stocks go good for jijo today?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jarkbauer: 7:59am On Mar 17, 2016
ORAGBON:
Of course Nigeria is a great nation that is why she is faced with so much to deal with. A man greatness is measured by the size of his enemies!

Lol. Greatness to you is measured by the challenges being faced not challenges surmounted.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 8:01am On Mar 17, 2016
Intendy:

I'll appreciate if you can go tru this
https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=dnYTT8I_RP8C&pg=PA89&lpg=PA89&dq=did+kenya+devalue+their+currency&source=bl&ots=wbfdZZRdTC&sig=_u58e0SUP5bW2DAG8UOFt51iotU&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjF3J7QjsfLAhXIuRQKHTKkDuoQ6AEIGDAF
and see where it was clearly stated
To cite an example, the devaluation
of the Kenya Shilling did not help the Kenyan economy at all, and ... We all know that if a country has to devalue its currency , that would -mean then that the country would suffer more

this is from Kenya national assembly official record

this is from the people who bears the pain and not just opportunity seekers.

when are you coming back to do your protest over subsidy removal?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1421) (1422) (1423) (1424) (1425) (1426) (1427) ... (7878) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: phemmie06(m), 2zona(m), lasisi(m), talktofemi, rmx and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.