Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,134 members, 7,887,279 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:44 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (351) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11178931 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (7878) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 7:45pm On Aug 12, 2014
Elai147:

Gradually approaching first junction @N25
The Vulture is a patient bird. I dey wait.

Hopefully, I'll like to buy Japaul at 0.5. Make I try my broker tomorrow?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:47pm On Aug 12, 2014
Born2berich:

Who logged on to know what was discussed in the above?^^^

I wonder what WT said that made oando to loose today again? undecided grin

I believe its cos he said oando biz is now 80percent upstream, while midstream and downstream takes 20 percent. Most institutional investors believe upstream is very risky and requires continuos capital raising.
Let's see how it goes.

I have a feeling nem will give 8 to 10 percent div yield on current price, but wen is d questn. Does anyone know if nem has been cleared by naicom and submitted result to nse?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 8:09pm On Aug 12, 2014
mercylicious:

I believe its cos he said oando biz is now 80percent upstream, while midstream and downstream takes 20 percent. Most institutional investors believe upstream is very risky and requires continuos capital raising.
Let's see how it goes.

I have a feeling nem will give 8 to 10 percent div yield on current price, but wen is d questn. Does anyone know if nem has been cleared by naicom and submitted result to nse?

Nor be december nem dey release result?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 8:16pm On Aug 12, 2014
boofydon:
2. Does anybody know a site where i can get the buy/sell volume for the day on the NSE?
You can also use http://www.nse.com.ng/market-data/trading-statistics/equities for almost realtime trade volumes
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Yem0350: 8:36pm On Aug 12, 2014
Volume price analysis:
Effort to fall: Zenith, sterlbnk, ccnn

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by excellence13: 9:03pm On Aug 12, 2014
mercylicious:

Let's see how it goes.

http://naicom.gov.ng/payload?id=a59f2c5e-67a5-418d-ac2f-5ae8f27302ec
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 9:57pm On Aug 12, 2014
mercylicious:

Let's see how it goes.

But dem still dey buy Seplat abi that one no be 95% Upstream?

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 11:04pm On Aug 12, 2014
Toluway: The Vulture is a patient bird. I dey wait.

Hopefully, I'll like to buy Japaul at 0.5. Make I try my broker tomorrow?

Very possible.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Michael11stock(m): 12:23am On Aug 13, 2014
9free:
Add Skyebank and you would have reflected my current port...
hmmm skyebank? Hmmm still watching that stock anyway to know when to jump inside the train but it is a good stock also
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigass(f): 1:47am On Aug 13, 2014
I am currently out of Stockmarket. Planning to go into beans and palm oil business.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 3:14am On Aug 13, 2014
Elai147:

I cannot categorically name any stock now because I'm not a prophet grin and don't want to be 'maced'. Stocks that have unusual high number of shares outstanding when compared with that of stocks from the same sector are the ones that scare me. Note that there are different reasons why coys will embark on share reconstruction.
hmmmmmmm, if I am correct the total number of this c&i leasing is 1,882,818,912. Can we refer to this as over bloated? or what is the exxuse for the reconstruction
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jp130(m): 5:47am On Aug 13, 2014
mercylicious:

Let's see how it goes.

mercy o, i bliv u av courtville in ur rada. plz atend to d question i ask abt 1 for 5 bonus share last yr. plz
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 8:20am On Aug 13, 2014
bigass: I am currently out of Stockmarket. Planning to go into beans and palm oil business.
E be like say you and Mercy don talk well well offline
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Michael11stock(m): 8:56am On Aug 13, 2014
9free:
E be like say you and Mercy don talk well well offline
nawa oooooo make una link me too, i fit no do the waka waka i go drop money but make una give me my return daily grin grin as danfo bus dey do.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by natruetalk: 8:57am On Aug 13, 2014
phemmie06:
hmmmmmmm, if I am correct the total number of this c&i leasing is 1,882,818,912. Can we refer to this as over bloated? or what is the exxuse for the reconstruction
Imagine, dis Nse d more you look the less you see
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 9:53am On Aug 13, 2014
bigass: I am currently out of Stockmarket. Planning to go into beans and palm oil business.
we are heading toward the same direction, my remaining share now is for long term, I will still add some when the price fall, but currently due to country situation, beans storage business is good.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dragonking: 10:57am On Aug 13, 2014
oga myjoy08 pls dont be quiet..say something to ur people.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 11:02am On Aug 13, 2014
phemmie06:

This is a clear case of shortchanging shareholders. The reconstruction announcement came after dividend announcement. This could have been the other way round. Also, the market is currently bearish and a reverse stock split for C&I Leasing may likely fail and the stock will return back to car park except if there is great improvement in cooperate governance and investors are attracted to the stock. Investors sentiments towards this stock are very low and the management may be trying to improve the acceptability of their company´s share by the public. This is one of the negative reasons why a coy may embark on reconstruction. Companies will always give positive reasons for doing reconstruction and there are a lot of negative reasons- detrimental to shareholders- and of course they won´t give such reasons. So it is left for the shareholders to ´shine their eyes´ and try to see if the reason is favourable to them or not. Why don´t we hear more of share buyback than share reconstruction?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jamace(m): 11:15am On Aug 13, 2014
phemmie06:
Chai dis people don give me uppercut with this reconstruction. I have always avoided shares with plans or rumours of reconstruction but this reconstruction of a thing continues to happen to me. Na wa o. shocked NSE save your investors o. I don't know why they are reconstructing. Chai, I entered another one chance. Hmm. cry cry cry
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 11:21am On Aug 13, 2014
Dragonking: oga myjoy08 pls dont be quiet..say something to ur people.

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by natruetalk: 11:22am On Aug 13, 2014
time to sell my custodian grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 11:28am On Aug 13, 2014

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 11:31am On Aug 13, 2014
Chibuking81: we are heading toward the same direction, my remaining share now is for long term, I will still add some when the price fall, but currently due to country situation, beans storage business is good.
please remember your BNSITL

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 13, 2014

Sir, am waiting for your questions if you have any for me...lol
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Josh121(m): 11:43am On Aug 13, 2014
who wan sell oando , I want to buy oooo the volume is too small in the market
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 11:49am On Aug 13, 2014
Elai147:

This is a clear case of shortchanging shareholders. The reconstruction announcement came after dividend announcement. This could have been the other way round. Also, the market is currently bearish and a reverse stock split for C&I Leasing may likely fail and the stock will return back to car park except if there is great improvement in cooperate governance and investors are attracted to the stock. Investors sentiments towards this stock are very low and the management may be trying to improve the acceptability of their company´s share by the public. This is one of the negative reasons why a coy may embark on reconstruction. Companies will always give positive reasons for doing reconstruction and there are a lot of negative reasons- detrimental to shareholders- and of course they won´t give such reasons. So it is left for the shareholders to ´shine their eyes´ and try to see if the reason is favourable to them or not. Why don´t we hear more of share buyback than share reconstruction?

The next thing you will hear will be that the company want to raise money by issuing more shares. This is the case with unity bank´s share reconstruction. Unity´s case is more confusing because they are planning to do a reconstruction which will be followed by capital raising through Right issue. They are having the highest number of share in the banking sector. Imagine the PAT they will need to generate before being able to pay dividend. Banks are currently facing a huge challenge of exceeding or even sustaining PAT made from previous year. So an alternative way they can sustain dividend payment will be to perform share reconstruction to reduce their outstanding shares which will also improve EPS and also see them raise money from the market at high prices since the market prices of their shares must have increased due to the reconstruction exercise. This will also create room for bonus shares in the future. With the high outstanding shares in the banking sector plus the new challenges they face from CBN monetary policy, we should expect more share reconstruction.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SKYQUEST(m): 12:00pm On Aug 13, 2014

Palm oil business also has lots of risk attached to it, you must really know what you are doing to do well in the business. The business could be very very profitable though.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 12:00pm On Aug 13, 2014
Josh121: who wan sell oando , I want to buy oooo the volume is too small in the market

Before Before.... we no dey ask you question before you talk to us naa..... grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 12:01pm On Aug 13, 2014
natruetalk: time to sell my custodian grin

Bring it on! This is one coy I have been waiting for to drop well..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 13, 2014
feelamong:

Before Before.... we no dey ask you question before you talk to us naa..... grin

Sir, though the market is given more room for cherry picks, and if i were to choose presently, Oil and Gas (Energy), Agric-sector, and Insurance sector is where to be right now.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Josh121(m): 12:07pm On Aug 13, 2014
feelamong:

Abeg ooooo I no be Oga Myjoy08 oooooo
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 12:27pm On Aug 13, 2014
Josh121:

Abeg ooooo I no be Oga Myjoy08 oooooo

na wetin Bear mkt dey cause... grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (7878) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: chillykelly86(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.