Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,088 members, 7,880,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:37 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (355) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11147008 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (7856) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 3:29pm On Aug 14, 2014
dsonofmaan:

grin grin

Eni kpami sori forum yiii -- una no go kill me for this forum grin grin grin grin
where all the Oga's ... any Info ?
Everyone don bail

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Avantajj: 3:29pm On Aug 14, 2014
Neimeth - guess the rally has gradually started.

Wema - is good for the picking at the moment. No? Bought some at N0.98. Buying at range N0.95 to N0.98
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 3:38pm On Aug 14, 2014
myjoy08:

Sir, your point is valid. Quick questions: what give u the assurance that the book is safe in the bank where it is deposited? And what gives the hope that the money will double under the pillow? As per the election, nothing, i mean absolutely nothing will happened but JoY and Peace at last!
a man with business interest never leave his money with bank, but uses his money for other business, and business go on.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 3:47pm On Aug 14, 2014
lancee:

Yesoo grin grin , Bear don dey make some people change their strategies
Short term traders don become long term now , [locked in ]
some long term don quickly become short term .. cash out asap to bail out grin

Thats how we are seeing it today..The bearish market really reveals a lot of things. Those that were forming jackbauer saying they will stay with the oxygen boys till the end until it reaches N100 (long term) all of a sudden became short term traders while those claiming to be experts in JIJO have now pushed the stock to their long term portfolio.

Mr bear, i greet you grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ifeykay(m): 3:50pm On Aug 14, 2014
Diamond Bank Rights issue. Has anyone received his/her rights circular?

I have visited the Centurion’s website severally without any indication of the adoption of the modern best practices as employed by First Registrars (OANDO rights) and African Prudential (Transcorp Rights).
The rights is closing on the 26th of August yet none is talking about reaching investors that are not resident in Lagos or outside Nigeria (courtesy of snail speed postal services).

Is there anything am not getting right? Is Centurion incompetent or this is a game plan to deny some of us the opportunity to take up our rights?
Thinking along game plan, it seems to me the bank needs this money, however, the discount between the rights price and the market price is not that wonderful so I quickly dismissed that fact that Centurion is working for some vested interest.

Incompetent – yes I think they are, my interactions with their staff reveals one thing, people that lack proper customer care.
Of more worrisome is the bank itself though results has shown great improvement. In my review of the bank, I consider it rather too conservative, not liberal when it comes to rewarding shareholders. A bank that has not paid dividends for years made an EPS of N1.68 and can only think of N.30k for their shareholders. Don’t forget this is a bank that sold for over N20 in 2007/2008.

Did the bank really intended paying out that dividends or just another way to cajole the shareholders into the rights?

After reading through the rights circular I have followed-up with some research on the company’s exposures to Geometrics. Over N42Billion in loan to the company through Diamond bank’s DMD. With controversies raging with the Enugu Distribution Company and Geometrics over ownership of Aba plant. I understand currently the matter is in the court though the president is said to have intervened. What happens if Geometrics loses the case and the N42Billion loan? Remember the Aba power plant is yet to be commissioned.

One of the dailies this week reported of the interest of the bank’s MD in 2015 Abia governorship. How will this affect the issue of continuity bearing in mind that the bank just renewed his appointment for another two or three years.

Am kind of confused. Is this really worth the pain of pursuing the registrars?

JUST THINKING A LOUD. #KK5050

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 3:51pm On Aug 14, 2014
Yem0350: I am taking a break frm NSE for now.

Oga yemo, i am going to join you on this break. I need to recharge my battery like pep gaurdiola. grin grin

Enjoy.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 3:53pm On Aug 14, 2014
myjoy08:

Sir, your point is valid. Quick questions: what give u the assurance that the book is safe in the bank where it is deposited? And what gives the hope that the money will double under the pillow? As per the election, nothing, i mean absolutely nothing will happened but JoY and Peace at last!
there is time for every thing, likewise for every business, during 2007 election, I follow the same part, and it work for me, watch out most stock will be moving up and down, encouraging and discouraging till after election, but immediately after election the whole good stock will massively move up. Election always come with crises ( but I never pray for that) and this cripple most business in the trouble area, and this give those that have food stuff (like beans and others) in their storage opportunity to make profit.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Moneysage: 3:57pm On Aug 14, 2014
@Dragonking and lancee: u sef no go kee me with laff.
grin

@ALL: The bears are just knocking on the door and people are trembling. "If you falter in times of trouble, how weak is your strength!" What if the bears touch DangCem, NESTLE, GTB and FBNH?? shocked

Folks, this is the time to watch. You may join the beans trade if you have the interest; you may also pull out funds to re-enter at lower prices. Whichever, stockbrokers will have the last laugh.

@Avantajj do u mean rally to NGN1.2 for Neimeth grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nitrogen(m): 4:47pm On Aug 14, 2014
This market, me no understand again o! Choi!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 14, 2014
meritrade did something stupid in my account today. I've already e-mailed them, they haven't replied but i hope we solve the problem without any fuss.

All these brokers are just insane.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 5:08pm On Aug 14, 2014
Today market self, go north e no want to go, go south e no want to go . three, three kobo, one, one kobo every were.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 5:22pm On Aug 14, 2014
nitrogen: This market, me no understand again o! Choi!
dont worry too much, there was a year fo price is #10, me and some investor's did not buy at that time becos we did not understand it, the same with uba #2,ubn #3, okomu #10,total oil #11 e.t.c i hope you can understand it now? is all about capital money at hand.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 6:43pm On Aug 14, 2014
Yem0350: I am taking a break frm NSE for now.
If Morgan CEO wan take break, wetin we go do?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:18pm On Aug 14, 2014
dsonofmaan: meritrade did something stupid in my account today. I've already e-mail them, they haven't replied but i hope we solve the problem without any fuss.

Do you mind sharing? smiley

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 14, 2014
kotlass:

Do you mind sharing? smiley

The situation is calm, and they seem to be responding well. I'll keep it out of the forum because of that.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dragonking: 8:41pm On Aug 14, 2014
dsonofmaan: meritrade did something stupid in my account today. I've already e-mailed them, they haven't replied but i hope we solve the problem without any fuss.

What happened? share with us abeg make i learn.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by funkeolur(f): 8:54pm On Aug 14, 2014
ihedioramma: dont worry too much, there was a year fo price is #10, me and some investor's did not buy at that time becos we did not understand it, the same with uba #2,ubn #3, okomu #10,total oil #11 e.t.c i hope you can understand it now? is all about capital money at hand.
This is Day Dreaming..Are u praying for 2008 experience grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by UkwuAmu: 9:16pm On Aug 14, 2014
I feel you . Suppose you do this. Sell all your holdings as it is now and take up all your rights at a lower price and use the change to add to your holdings and give benefit of the doubt to the company. There are certain people in that board who should give you some confidence but we all know the owner of Lagos Business Schools have succeeded in running a bank down even if people go there to learn how to run businesses . In that way I do not think you would have lost out at all or better still just sell your whole holding and keep your cash and wait for the perfect opportunity. Sometimes you need a lot of patience in the market . I am not comfortable with what they want to use the money for and I certainly do not want anybody using my monies to fund their election ambitions . If this was a saner clime, We would get Otti to declare his intentions . It could be a de-marketing strategy because we did not hear of this ambition until the Diamond rights thing came up and I do not think Otti has done too well in explaining what they intend to use the fund for . It looks more like a bank borrowing to themselves and using the bank funds. A lot of red flags but again what do I know ? Worse thing is investors relations is dead . if I could just ask the guy one question , it will be are contesting elections to be Governor or not . Do a little more digging , you might find answers. If you seek , you shall find. Good luck

ifeykay: Diamond Bank Rights issue. Has anyone received his/her rights circular?

I have visited the Centurion’s website severally without any indication of the adoption of the modern best practices as employed by First Registrars (OANDO rights) and African Prudential (Transcorp Rights).
The rights is closing on the 26th of August yet none is talking about reaching investors that are not resident in Lagos or outside Nigeria (courtesy of snail speed postal services).

Is there anything am not getting right? Is Centurion incompetent or this is a game plan to deny some of us the opportunity to take up our rights?
Thinking along game plan, it seems to me the bank needs this money, however, the discount between the rights price and the market price is not that wonderful so I quickly dismissed that fact that Centurion is working for some vested interest.

Incompetent – yes I think they are, my interactions with their staff reveals one thing, people that lack proper customer care.
Of more worrisome is the bank itself though results has shown great improvement. In my review of the bank, I consider it rather too conservative, not liberal when it comes to rewarding shareholders. A bank that has not paid dividends for years made an EPS of N1.68 and can only think of N.30k for their shareholders. Don’t forget this is a bank that sold for over N20 in 2007/2008.

Did the bank really intended paying out that dividends or just another way to cajole the shareholders into the rights?

After reading through the rights circular I have followed-up with some research on the company’s exposures to Geometrics. Over N42Billion in loan to the company through Diamond bank’s DMD. With controversies raging with the Enugu Distribution Company and Geometrics over ownership of Aba plant. I understand currently the matter is in the court though the president is said to have intervened. What happens if Geometrics loses the case and the N42Billion loan? Remember the Aba power plant is yet to be commissioned.

One of the dailies this week reported of the interest of the bank’s MD in 2015 Abia governorship. How will this affect the issue of continuity bearing in mind that the bank just renewed his appointment for another two or three years.

Am kind of confused. Is this really worth the pain of pursuing the registrars?

JUST THINKING A LOUD. #KK5050
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 11:34pm On Aug 14, 2014
passwelle: Full disclosure: I just bailed out of FO. grin
Dragonking: Good for you sir
currentprice: yes FO cowboy will like to up his position on Forbes lists, no surprise if i see permanent bid for the stock. too risky for someone like me grin
Dragonking: FO is gaining about N2 at the moment..lets see how monday will be smiley
KoD of SMN just uploaded this: http://www.knightofdelta.com/2014/08/forte-oil-2014-half-year-results.html
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dragonking: 9:19am On Aug 15, 2014
This place is totally empty..e bi like say people dey sell beans come forget this forum..this bear is wicked. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jamace(m): 9:28am On Aug 15, 2014
Dragonking: This place is totally empty..e bi like say people dey sell beans come forget this forum..this bear is wicked. cheesy
Ha ha grin Bear season is not a friend at all. Sad mood activated for investors. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Theyjih: 9:58am On Aug 15, 2014
jamace: Ha ha grin Bear season is not a friend at all. Sad mood activated for investors. grin

Bear season to me is the beat season #imo.. LOAD UP THE TRUNK TIME. (LONG TERM THINGS) .. for every consumption there's digestion or constipation.. embarassed grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by securi: 10:02am On Aug 15, 2014
Dragonking: This place is totally empty..e bi like say people dey sell beans come forget this forum..this bear is wicked. cheesy
I think it's time to open a topic on Bean sales to retain them on Naiaraland since they have practically left NSEMPA.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 10:04am On Aug 15, 2014
jamace: Ha ha grin Bear season is not a friend at all. Sad mood activated for investors. grin

There are very few of us here that take advantage of bear season. The thread is full of speculators.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 10:16am On Aug 15, 2014
Bears are good for a healthy stock market.

Its just like the ecosystem. There are many organisms we would rather not have but many of them help the ecosystem to remain balanced.

As for speculation, a good speculator speculates both in bear season and bull season. You speculate on when to buy, when to sell, when to hold, when to watch, etc.

So, all things being equal, an investor who runs every time the bears appear for the singular reason that a bear season has set in, is not a speculator, he/she is an "uninformed" investor.

Let us stop dragging this term "speculator" in the mud.

Peace

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 11:35am On Aug 15, 2014

Oga mi, thanks for stopping by "my stall" on Nairaland the other day.

I still dey expect your order. Abi I don serve you without knowing it?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nitrogen(m): 12:11pm On Aug 15, 2014
Quiet market, local traders and investors are shitties jare, PFAs, AM firms are all liver-less, they prefer to make kills in the bond market, always employing the same strategy week in week out. I dey vex! angry angry
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gabscity(m): 12:19pm On Aug 15, 2014
Pls wot's PZ seeling at now?, Bloomberg mobile dosnt display PZ NL. Thanks!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:30pm On Aug 15, 2014
gabscity: Pls wot's PZ seeling at now?, Bloomberg mobile dosnt display PZ NL. Thanks!

36 naira

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jamace(m): 1:10pm On Aug 15, 2014
chillykelly86:

Oga mi, thanks for stopping by "my stall" on Nairaland the other day.

I still dey expect your order. Abi I don serve you without knowing it?
Oga mi, I will surely patronise you. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 1:23pm On Aug 15, 2014
nitrogen: Quiet market, local traders and investors are shitties jare, PFAs, AM firms are all liver-less, they prefer to make kills in the bond market, always employing the same strategy week in week out. I dey vex! angry angry

My oga, we need an inclination toward a smarter gambling mentality in our local markets. We need to take speculation to the second order at least; we need to be able to speculate on the prices of the stocks with other instruments and leave the old guns to keep speculating on the businesses with stocks.

We need financial derivatives.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (7856) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: chillykelly86(m), vacanci, sophy17(m), bbduty, bovali(f) and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.