Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,824 members, 7,872,764 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:22 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (357) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11114771 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) ... (7834) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 5:46pm On Aug 15, 2014
mercylicious: 12months stock recomendation from me;
7up
Mobil
Ccnn
Transcorp
Oando

Eterna( wait till they release their result for confirmatn)

Dd reqd.

Nb- I've re-entered transcorp train.

Aicco. I don give stock recommendation before?
smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by natruetalk: 6:13pm On Aug 15, 2014
cadno:
August 2015 you mean ?
I will add UBA...u need to see the IT investment they are doing now...am sure these will translate to e-services...e-Money..lol

despite dia yearly extra-ordinary items i still prefer to buy UBA than diamond bank anytime

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 6:24pm On Aug 15, 2014
7up
Mobil
Ccnn
Transcorp
Oando

Dd reqd.

they are all good stock to make money in one year time, but their price will still go down more between now and february next year, but they will definitely move up after march.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:24pm On Aug 15, 2014
Gys, what site can I get market research data extending up to ten/fifteen years. THANKS
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 7:04pm On Aug 15, 2014
7up
Mobil
Ccnn
Transcorp
Oando

Dd reqd.

Monkey hunter

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 7:06pm On Aug 15, 2014
olire: Gys, what site can I get market research data extending up to ten/fifteen years. THANKS

Call Enyeama

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 7:37pm On Aug 15, 2014
funkeolur: This is Day Dreaming..Are u praying for 2008 experience grin
Is here now and you are asking me. all most all the stock are down.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 9:07pm On Aug 15, 2014
7up
Mobil
Ccnn
Transcorp
Oando

Dd reqd.

Always Oando and Transcorp
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 9:24pm On Aug 15, 2014
ihedioramma: Is here now and you are asking me. all most all the stock are down.
But you are wishing them to fall to #2 ! You no get open trade ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 9:47pm On Aug 15, 2014
natruetalk:

despite dia yearly extra-ordinary items i still prefer to buy UBA than diamond bank anytime

So no be only me dey buy UBA secretly?
Add Dangote Sugar @N7 to the list to balance equation.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigx(m): 10:06pm On Aug 15, 2014
In May 1984, Warren Buffett laid out everything you need to know about his investing philosophy.
In a speech at Columbia Business School, later adapted into an essay, Buffett introduced what he called, "The Superinvestors of Graham-and-Doddsville."

Buffett writes:

"The common intellectual theme of the investors from Graham-and-Doddsville is this: they search for discrepancies between the value of a business and the price of small pieces of that business in that market."

And that's pretty much it. Buffett doesn't think about buying a stock; he thinks about buying a business.

benjamin ben graham
AP
Benjamin Graham.

The name "Graham-and-Doddsville" comes from Benjamin Graham — whom Buffett studied under at Columbia — and Dave Dodd, with whom Graham literally wrote the book on security analysis.
In Buffett's essay, he asks readers to consider a group of investors who outperformed the S&P 500 year in and year out.

"In this group of successful investors that I want to consider," Buffett writes, "there has been a common intellectual patriarch, Ben Graham ... They have gone to different places and bought and sold different stocks and companies, yet they have a combined record that simply can't be explained by random chance."

Buffett explains that the investors of Graham-and-Doddsville don't care when they buy stocks, or worry about a stock's beta or the "covariance in returns among securities." He says these investors are businessmen buying pieces of businesses, not traders buying stocks.

And the strategy seems to be working out OK: On Thursday, Class A shares of Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway eclipsed $200,000 per share for the first time, and $1,000 invested with Buffett in 1984 would've been worth $155,301.

And since 1969, the book value of Berkshire Hathaway — which Buffett acquired in 1964 — has beaten the S&P 500 43 out of 44 years on a five-year rolling basis. Said more simply, the relative value of Berkshire Hathaway shares have been worth more than the S&P 500 collectively every year but one.

Not to mention that Buffett's personal wealth is estimated by Forbes to be more than $66 billion.

In July, we featured a chapter from Cullen Roche's new book, "Pragmatic Capitalism," which debunked the myth that "you too" can be like Buffett.

You can't, of course. But Roche's point isn't that Buffett's ideas about investing aren't sound, just misunderstood.

Many think Buffett was a simple "buy and hold" stock investor, but his investing is about way more than that — or way less, depending on how you look at it.

Buffett concludes his essay by writing that some may wonder why he is giving away this basic investment philosophy of a number of investors who have outperformed the market.

Isn't he just giving away the secret?

"I can only tell you that the secret has been out for 50 years," Buffett writes, "...yet I have seen no trend toward value investing in the 35 years I've practiced it. There seems to be some perverse human characteristic that likes to make easy things difficult. The academic world, if anything, has actually backed away from the teaching of value investing over the last 30 years. It's likely to stay that way. Ships will sail around the world but the Flat Earth Society will flourish. There will continue to be wide discrepancies between price and value in the marketplace, and those who read their Graham & Dodd will continue to prosper."

Indeed, all of the research continues to show that the vast majority of professional and retail investors are underperforming.

Address is Below
http://www.scribd.com/doc/236910578/The-Superinvestors-Of-Graham-and-Doddsville

http://www.businessinsider.com/warren-buffett-graham-and-doddsville-lecture-2014-8
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by UkwuAmu: 1:26am On Aug 16, 2014
Toluway: But you are wishing them to fall to #2 ! You no get open trade ?

oxygen boys don lelease lesult for tolonto . We dey wait our Naija own

http://www.oandoplc.com/wp-content/uploads/OER-Q2-2014-Interim-Consolidated-Financial-Statements-v5-CLEAN-2.pdf
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 1:32am On Aug 16, 2014
UkwuAmu:

http://www.oandoplc.com/wp-content/uploads/OER-Q2-2014-Interim-Consolidated-Financial-Statements-v5-CLEAN-2.pdf

Maybe we go see naija own next week
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by UkwuAmu: 2:11am On Aug 16, 2014
lancee:

Bros you no dey sleep abi na security work like me you dey do
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by securi: 2:19am On Aug 16, 2014
UkwuAmu:
Kai these bears are wicked . turn a whole chairman to gangstar
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:26am On Aug 16, 2014
lancee:

The patient dog eat the fattest bone! It pays to be patient in all ways!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 2:37am On Aug 16, 2014
UkwuAmu:

I dey 9.35pm here , so i still dey awake with my fam dey update
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by securi: 3:15am On Aug 16, 2014
UkwuAmu:

Oga Ukwu grin, u be security man like me too?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by UkwuAmu: 3:20am On Aug 16, 2014
securi:
Oga Ukwu grin, u be security man like me too?
Area I hail ooo. As I see ya name i just come say espirit de corps. No food for lazy man . Anybosy wey no hold full particulars, na e money i go take buy suya. I salute grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by securi: 3:32am On Aug 16, 2014
UkwuAmu:
Area I hail ooo. As I see ya name i just come say espirit de corps. No food for lazy man . Anybosy wey no hold full particulars, na e money i go take buy suya. I salute grin
Dat's how we roll! , na nite work we dey get the dough to invest on NSE.U can see the frustration Oando dey give man pikin, after all these nite work, persom buy 100,000s oando and d thng dey nose dive snc. Oga no mercy them o, no paper particulars?, then there must be currency particulars, nothing goes for nothng.Espirit de corp!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 4:23am On Aug 16, 2014
Toluway: But you are wishing them to fall to #2 ! You no get open trade ?
Know am not bout any one that come i will wellcome it, way thin i no self?, open trade? may be and may be not . bout let me ask you were is all this top,top oga's for here day? .

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by makashava(m): 7:25am On Aug 16, 2014
Good job guys thanks for sharing.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:06am On Aug 16, 2014
@UkwuAmu, securi and Lancee, una neva tell us say una be witches and wizards. We don catch una. Abeg, wey d fuel? Na so we dey do am.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dragonking: 9:20am On Aug 16, 2014
UkwuAmu:

This one na q2 result for OER but we still dey wait for 2013 full year result for oando plc.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:20am On Aug 16, 2014
myjoy08:

The patient dog eat the fattest bone! It pays to be patient in all ways!
Hahahah.
Some patient dogs dey die of hunger cos dem no dey see food chop. The right tin na to check d quantity of food wey dey , use sense check wether e go do d dogs available remain.

@chillykelly, e be like say I go need ur 1gb data. I wonder how peeps dt use android cope. I just bought d tab and d way d tin dey consume glo data no be small tin. I've switched back to my bb, d tab will be used strictly for trading. I've downloaded mozilla firefox 31 and it connected to itrade, I will check it again during trading hours to be sure it updates data from nse. Will keep my bnsitl posted.

Nb- I used glo bounce on d tab , I don recharge sotey e remain make I drop my wristwatch.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dragonking: 9:23am On Aug 16, 2014
securi:
Dat's how we roll! , na nite work we dey get the dough to invest on NSE.U can see the frustration Oando dey give man pikin, after all these nite work, persom buy 100,000s oando and d thng dey nose dive snc. Oga no mercy them o, no paper particulars?, then there must be currency particulars, nothing goes for nothng.Espirit de corp!

By the time oga GEJ see una for here, dem go relocate una to sambisa forest straight away. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 16, 2014
Abeg, make sume help explain dt oer result. Instead of profit b4 tax, I dey see loss b4 tax and the figure come also dey in bracket. Also , for d released result, its a bigger loss than for the quarter last year. Does inverse of inverse apply here as in mathematics? Accountants and all dt understand, plz explain.

I for ask Hisy but e neva return frm ihm night duty.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 10:31am On Aug 16, 2014
mercylicious:
Hahahah.
Some patient dogs dey die of hunger cos dem no dey see food chop. The right tin na to check d quantity of food wey dey , use sense check wether e go do d dogs available remain.

@chillykelly, e be like say I go need ur 1gb data. I wonder how peeps dt use android cope. I just bought d tab and d way d tin dey consume glo data no be small tin. I've switched back to my bb, d tab will be used strictly for trading. I've downloaded mozilla firefox 31 and it connected to itrade, I will check it again during trading hours to be sure it updates data from nse. Will keep my bnsitl posted.

Nb- I used glo bounce on d tab , I don recharge sotey e remain make I drop my wristwatch.
Use your data through operamini for economy. I use Samsung galaxy note 2. Though I also tap data through Wifi from offices and areas with data currents, as galaxy also have wifi tapping facility. Just configure you phone to operamini for data economy.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 10:55am On Aug 16, 2014
mercylicious: @UkwuAmu, securi and Lancee, una neva tell us say una be witches and wizards. We don catch una. Abeg, wey d fuel? Na so we dey do am.

grin grin Madam mercy i no be witch and wizard o, na anoda time zone i dey here oo
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 11:13am On Aug 16, 2014
Transcorp no gree fall again o
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 12:09pm On Aug 16, 2014
Agbalowomeri: Transcorp no gree fall again o
do not worry, it will fall again and again together with other stock.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:28pm On Aug 16, 2014
mercylicious:
Hahahah.

Sister Mercy, ass i said the patient dog will surely eat the fattest bone. I can authoritatively say that Oando will surely make many people smile (Not far at all at all). And any investment right now in Oando will never go wrong as usual. Please this is not a recommendation to buy or sell. Do your due diligence. I have a few recommendation of stock if only some people can take a look at it... Happy weekend to you all. Once again, be patient!

(1) (2) (3) ... (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) ... (7834) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: eziokwunwoko(m), Princkez, Stan2330(m), TradeSunMoore, emmasoft(m), Salvationone, ehay(f) and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.