Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,749 members, 7,875,871 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:13 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (4145) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11125699 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4142) (4143) (4144) (4145) (4146) (4147) (4148) ... (7840) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 30, 2018
onegentleguy:
SOME COYS WITH JUICY DIVIDEND YIELD !!

1. *Regency Alliance*
Share price: N0.20
Expected Dividend: N0.03
Dividend yield: 15%
2. *Lasaco Insurance*
Share Price: N0.30
Expected Dividend- N0.04
Dividend yield - 13.33%

3. *UBA*
Share price: N7.35
Expected Dividend: N0.90
Dividend yield: 12.24%

4. *Africa Prudential*
Share price: N3.70
Expected Dividend: N0.45
Dividend yield: N12.16%

5. *Fidelity Bank*
Share price: N1.93
Expected Dividend: N0.23
Dividend yield: 12.11%

6. *Zenith Bank*
Share price: N23.25
Expected Dividend: N2.80
Dividend yield: 12.04%

7. *Cutix Plc*
Share Price: N1.82
Expected Dividend: N0.15
Dividend yield: 11.78%

8. *United Capital*
Share price: N2.84
Expected Dividend: N0.30
Dividend yield: 10.56%

9. *Access Bank*
Share Price: N7
Expected Dividend: N0.70
Dividend yield: 10%

10. *May & Baker*
Share Price: N2.54
Expected Dividend: N0.25
Dividend yield: 9.84%

11. *Total Nigeria*
Share price: N196.5
Expected Dividend: N18
Dividend yield: 9.16%

12. *Red Star Express*
Share Price: N4.40
Expected Dividend: N0.40k
Dividend yield: 9.09%

13. *NASCON*
Share Price: N18
Expected Dividend: N1.60
Dividend yield: 8.89%

14 *Conoil*
Share Price: N22.50
Expected Dividend: N2
Dividend yield: 8.89%

15 *CAVERTON*
Share price: N1.90
Expected Dividend: N0.15
Dividend yield: 7.89%

16 *Aiico Insurance*
Share price: N0.63
Expected Dividend: N0.05
Dividend yield: 7.94%

17 *Custodian*
Share price: N5.30
Expected Dividend: N0.42
Dividend yield: 7.92%

Then 'season it' with coys of great GROWTH BEHIND THE VALUE and great VALUE BEHIND THE PRICE like WEMA, MOBIL, UNIONDAC, TRANSCORP, NEWREST ASL and JULIUS BERGER.

Extrapolated holding period: A duration of 4-6 months !!
Try to decipher the rest.

NOTE: This computation is on the assumption that the last dividend declaration will be same as the expected dividend fogure. But it could however be more. ...which would mean more yield over the same holding period.

DISCLOSURE: We hold some of these coys in our portfolio.
DISCLAIMER: NOT to be interpreted as any sought of recommendation. ...due diligence still applies.

Cheers.
we will not take this standing,if our FCMB is not included here,then I call for probe!you are welcome back boss!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 8:41pm On Nov 30, 2018
DOLLARTEX:
we will not take this standing,if our FCMB is not included here,then I call for probe!you are welcome back boss!

Thank u.

Regards.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 8:41pm On Nov 30, 2018
BREAKING: Diamond Bank Restrategises, Gets National Banking Licence
https://businesspost.ng/2018/11/30/diamond-bank-restrategises-gets-national-banking-licence/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 8:42pm On Nov 30, 2018
DOLLARTEX:
FCMB with their usual 10kobo yearly dividend. Well, they have room to improve on their dividend payout.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soflygerian(m): 8:57pm On Nov 30, 2018
dipoolowoo:
https://businesspost.ng/2018/11/30/diamond-bank-restrategises-gets-national-banking-licence/
Can someone explain what this means in %?. Jumping into diamond for a long run, good stuff?? Can we trust the market??
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:29pm On Nov 30, 2018
Mpeace:
FCMB with their usual 10kobo yearly dividend. Well, they have room to improve on their dividend payout.

Even fidelity i guess 0.15k
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 9:38pm On Nov 30, 2018
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/30/oil-markets-opec-output-cuts-oversupply-in-focus.html?__source=sharebar

"Prices pared losses from session lows after Bloomberg reported OPEC's advisory committee suggested decreasing production by 1.3 million barrels per day (bpd) from last month's levels, traders said."

"Oil prices bounced back late in the day on Friday on reports that the OPEC committee had suggested a 1.3 million barrel per day cut from the October level," said Fawad Razaqzada, market analyst at futures brokerage Forex.com."

...2 sides of a coin. Either way, we are prepared for both scenerio with God on our side.

Interesting times ahead !!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 9:47pm On Nov 30, 2018
tritritri:

Even fidelity i guess 0.15k
Those two better improve.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 10:12pm On Nov 30, 2018
DOLLARTEX:

I already have FCMB in my portfolio before now. ...though I bought it higher. (my BEP of N1.55 is slightly higher than the current market price)
But I believe it can very well appreciate in price.
With FCMB, there's really no surprises. ...nothing new really. What u saw in Q3 was highly expected given that MOST of the POSITIVE signs were already there as at Q2 2018. Some folks may have forgotten that the coys EM, ROAE and EPS as at Q2 was already a premium(beats that) of what they cumulatively made in their 2017 FY print.
With this Q3 result, it's a fantastic coy to hold.

I however did not include it in the list because of their historic trend of relatively average and sometimes poor dividend pay out. ...which can be attributed to the coys dividend policy.
This is also part of the few reasons why I'd go for UBA ahead of a peer like ACCESS. Other reasons include everything from a questionable growth trajactory as at Q3, slow down in EM, issues related to IFRS 9... and of course, my personal strategy of investing in that sector. This could affect the coys earnings margin/yield going into the remaining part of the year. So I'll prefer to be cautiously optimistic until I see how they fair with their YE 2018 result.
That said, this doesn't take away from the fact that ACCESS also forms a part of the few great value driven stocks to hold in the tier 1 banking space.
...we have since mentioned the others here.

NOTE: I also hold a small proportion of ACCESS BANK in my portfolio.
...I just prefer to align MORE weighting with UBA ahead of it. (for now)

It is well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yom2(m): 11:50pm On Nov 30, 2018
mendes911:

We are trading the HoldCom which is the group. The bank and other subsidiaries makes up the group, FCMB Group.
ok thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dwizeone: 12:19am On Dec 01, 2018
Godisfaithful:

Good to hear that babe. Don’t let NSE gives you high BP. You are going to cherry pick as long as you want soon. Just wait a little bit. € to Naira is between 417-420 grin

Abeg give me your aboki number biko, na 407 I see today.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:00am On Dec 01, 2018

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 7:04am On Dec 01, 2018
There is something about this Eurobond debt that makes all Nigerian banks shiver except Gtbank....The worst part of most Nigerian bank debt is that they are all oil and gas based...Which Oil and gas companies did diamond bank borrow money o! after Japaul
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:14am On Dec 01, 2018
Fin Ed History
After 1971, the U.S. printing presses began to run as the government
began using counterfeit dollars to pay for its expenses and debt.
Because the United States used a lot of oil, U.S. dollars flowed to Saudi
Arabia just as oil prices began to rise. As the price for oil rose, more
dollars flowed to the Arab world. These petrodollars, as they were called,
had to find a home, so these petrodollars flowed to London, because
London had banks big enough to handle such a surge in cash. From
London, these dollars again needed a home, so the money flowed to
anyone who would borrow these petrodollars. Latin American countries
gladly borrowed the money and, in the late 1970s and early 1980s, the
Latin American economy went into a bubble and burst, causing the
Latin American debt crisis. From Latin America, the hot money flowed to Japan, causing a boom and then a bust in 1989. The money then
flowed to Mexico, causing the Mexican peso crisis in 1994, the Asian
crisis in 1997, and the Russian ruble crisis in 1998.
Arrogantly, American bankers and Wall Street laughed at the rest
of the world, since they believed the rolling boom-and-bust bubble
would not affect the United States.
During President Clinton’s era (1993-2001), the U.S. government
balanced its budget, so the United States did not need to borrow any
money. This was bad news for the bankers of the world who then
needed to find more borrowers, borrowers who could borrow trillions
of dollars. They found big borrowers in Fannie Mae and Freddie
Mac, which are GSEs, Government-Sponsored Enterprises, U.S.
quasi-government agencies that were anxious to borrow money. They
borrowed $3 to $5 trillion of this hot money and loaned the money
out to almost anyone to buy a new home or refinance their home. The
real estate bubble in the United States had begun.
When Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and their executives came under
investigation, they stopped borrowing this hot money. Again, this
ocean of counterfeit dollars had to find a home. In the late 1990s,
government officials such as Clinton and Fed Chairman Alan
Greenspan changed the rules for the biggest banks, such as Goldman
Sachs, Bank of America, and Citigroup, which began taking in this
money. Immediately these banks needed to find someone to take this
money off their hands. As you know, cash must keep flowing.
To help the banks and Wall Street move this hot money, mortgage
brokers working for companies such as Countrywide Mortgage started
looking for anyone who wanted to borrow money. They went into
the poorest neighborhoods in the United States. Millions who did
not have jobs or credit were offered “NINJA” (No Income, No Job
or Asset) loans, and soon they too were living the American dream.
Unfortunately for many, it was a dream they could not afford. The
subprime mortgage bubble grew into a massive balloon.
Once these subprime mortgages were processed, the big banks and
Wall Street packaged this toxic debt and sold the debt as assets. These new tranches of debt, aka a pile of debt, were called MBSs (Mortgage
Backed Securities) and CDOs (Collateralized Debt Obligations), aka
derivatives of subprime debt packaged as prime. The biggest banks and
Wall Street sold this toxic debt as assets to other banks, pension funds,
and investors all over the world. It was not much different than taking
horse manure, deodorizing it, putting it in a plastic bag, and selling
it as fertilizer. The only difference between a subprime loan and horse
manure is that horse manure, used properly, has real value.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Infinitisi(m): 8:08am On Dec 01, 2018
Godlylifeoneart:

It was not much different than taking
horse manure, deodorizing it, putting it in a plastic bag, and selling
it as fertilizer. The only difference between a subprime loan and horse
manure is that horse manure, used properly, has real value.

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:29am On Dec 01, 2018
onegentleguy:

I already have FCMB in my portfolio before now. ...though I bought it higher. (my BEP of N1.55 is slightly higher than the current market price)
But I believe it can very well appreciate in price.
With FCMB, there's really no surprises. ...nothing new really. What u saw in Q3 was highly expected given that MOST of the POSITIVE signs were already there as at Q2 2018. Some folks may have forgotten that the coys EM, ROAE and EPS as at Q2 was already a premium(beats that) of what they cumulatively made in their 2017 FY print.
With this Q3 result, it's a fantastic coy to hold.

I however did not include it in the list because of their historic trend of relatively average and sometimes poor dividend pay out. ...which can be attributed to the coys dividend policy.
This is also part of the few reasons why I'd go for UBA ahead of a peer like ACCESS. Other reasons include everything from a questionable growth trajactory as at Q3, slow down in EM, issues related to IFRS 9... and of course, my personal strategy of investing in that sector. This could affect the coys earnings margin/yield going into the remaining part of the year. So I'll prefer to be cautiously optimistic until I see how they fair with their YE 2018 result.
That said, this doesn't take away from the fact that ACCESS also forms a part of the few great value driven stocks to hold in the tier 1 banking space.
...we have since mentioned the others here.

NOTE: I also hold a small proportion of ACCESS BANK in my portfolio.
...I just prefer to align MORE weighting with UBA ahead of it. (for now)

It is well.
thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 9:36am On Dec 01, 2018
maishai:
There is something about this Eurobond debt that makes all Nigerian banks shiver except Gtbank....The worst part of most Nigerian bank debt is that they are all oil and gas based...Which Oil and gas companies did diamond bank borrow money o! after Japaul
If not for those eurobonds, virtually all nigerian banks including GTB would have found it difficult doing business. In 2007 gtb had $800million Gdr, and as at 2016 they had eurobond of about $500million outstanding.https://www.gtbank.com/investor-relations/investor-news/gtbank-redeems-500-000-000-eurobond Zenith bank also does the same from time to time.
Oil is the main stay of the economy. Oil business is highly dependent on promisory notes, future payments and loans. Oil debts are relatively easier to recover compared to others.
Nig. Govt has contributed greatly to the current huge oil sector bad loans by delays or failures to repay fuel subsidy obligations.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by anjilgreat(f): 10:40am On Dec 01, 2018
Good morning all. I just want to thank God for keeping and preserving each and everyone of us in this thread from January to today, the first day of December 2018.

God will bring Ecc 7:8(a) (-Better is the end of a thing than the beginning thereof: ) to pass in ur life, your family and that of your loved ones by giving a better month of December according to His will in Jesus name. Amen.

According to Pst. W. F Kumuyi, DECEMBER is our month of:

D- Dominion
E- Enlargement
C- Conservation
E- Exhaultation
M- Magnification
B- Breakthrough
E- Emancipation
R- Renewal

Have a great December!, the best is YET TO COME!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by owolabi5: 12:03pm On Dec 01, 2018
BIKO HOUSE, HOW AND WHERE CAN I MONITOR OFFER AND BID OF STOCKS,
THANKS
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Infinitisi(m): 12:19pm On Dec 01, 2018
owolabi5:
BIKO HOUSE, HOW AND WHERE CAN I MONITOR OFFER AND BID OF STOCKS,
THANKS

Sign up with a broker that has an online trading platform. There are several with the most popular being Morgan Capital. Others are Meristem, ARM Securities, Lead Capital, Greenwich Trust, Investment One etc
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:39pm On Dec 01, 2018
A very good afternoon to u all !!
This is wishing us a happy New month ahead.
...may this last month of the year round off on a blessed note and may the fulfilment of our heart desires surpass our expectations !!

Cheers to a blissful December !!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yom2(m): 2:11pm On Dec 01, 2018
dipoolowoo:
what's d difference between 15% and 10%? was that the reason they were making losses all this while? this is simply staging a drama to draw attention and remain relevant idiots.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 2:28pm On Dec 01, 2018
yom2:
what's d difference between 15% and 10%? was that the reason they were making losses all this while? this is simply staging a drama to draw attention and remain relevant idiots.
That 5% could be a whole lot of cash. I no kw sha, let the pple wey kw educate us.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by akinssan(m): 3:51pm On Dec 01, 2018
Happy new month folks...We shall all laugh last. cool
OGG sighting you.

shocked

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Jerrysmallz: 4:15pm On Dec 01, 2018
akinssan:
Happy new month folks...We shall all laugh last. cool
OGG sighting you.

shocked

What's the meaning of this greeting.

Very soon Nigerians will be greeting you happy new minute.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 4:18pm On Dec 01, 2018
Jerrysmallz:

What's the meaning of this greeting.

Very soon Nigerians will be greeting you happy new minute.

I tire oh

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by edwardaigb: 4:19pm On Dec 01, 2018
Ogg, CP, Agba, Mcy, Yariya and all happy new month.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 4:26pm On Dec 01, 2018
PIVOTAL NOTICE !!

FCMB will be holding a teleconference call, where management will likely explain the financial Nos behind the banks just released Q3 2018 print.
...including the astronomical revaluation gains recorded in the fx front, and their interest expense line following from a huge amount in reversal on interest paid over Q3.

Date: Wednesday Dec 5th, 2018.
Time: 9:30 AM GMT-5 (New York)
2:30 PM GMT (London)
3:30 PM GMT+1 (Nigeria).

Cheers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 4:56pm On Dec 01, 2018
Mpeace:
That 5% could be a whole lot of cash. I no kw sha, let the pple wey kw educate us.

Let them clear their Eurobond first. grin
The exchange is not running away.... grin
Even our grand children will be buying stocks.

I am not wishing them bad, but I only instructed my children to look out for DIAMOND MICROFINANCE bank when they grow up, if they chose to gamble on the exchange.

From NATIONAL BANK to NATIONALIZED bank will be a clever shortcut.

Why should we turn our mouths into their cooking pot for their slow arriving ingredients? Who allows that?

For now, I can't go chasing a grasshopper for a meal, when a whole elephant is lying slaughtered at home. Who does that?

Question: How much dividend are we expecting from 'Dogmazie'?

Yes, it's not always about dividend, but let it remain on the menu.

Since CBN is always late with polarization, I have decided to rename it NATIONAL BANK OF HOPE.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4142) (4143) (4144) (4145) (4146) (4147) (4148) ... (7840) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lasisi(m), ikemeze and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.