Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,865 members, 7,872,873 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:17 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (4723) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11115425 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4720) (4721) (4722) (4723) (4724) (4725) (4726) ... (7834) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 10:10am On Jul 27, 2019
meshpips:
Finance gurus in the house, please who can help with this calculation :

How many basis point rate cut in USD will make GBPUSD price rise form 1.2384 to 1.2883?

In anticipation of anyone's kind response, I say thank you.

...lol! why asking people who are gurus in stock market this kind of question? You will do well to ask the Forex gurus in the appropriate section your "pips" question. cheesy
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 10:25am On Jul 27, 2019
BullBearMkt:

...lol! why asking people who are gurus in stock market this kind of question? You will do well to ask the Forex gurus in the appropriate section your "pips" question. cheesy
grin grin grin grin grin
welcome back chief
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 10:34am On Jul 27, 2019
meshpips:

Bros, calm down okay?

I read analysis from @BullBearMkt. He does price - time analysis. There are three variables - volume being the third.

I challenge you to call on your OGs to tell me the BUY volume and SELL volume for any stock traded yesterday.

Ignorance laced with arrogance will get you no where bro. Please calm down and observe. At least allow my recommendation fail first then you can come at me.
...I thank God, I am alive & kicking to be able to respond to some malicious posts. @meshpips, I always appreciate fellow analyst posts, but posts to "bring-down" others will be vigorously refuted.

There is no truth in your posts. All TA guys that have been posting on this forum, FXUSER & my humble self to mention a few, have always incorporate volume in our analysis. So, you'll not be the first neither will you be the last.

Below are just few from my previous post always referring to volume as energy.

I will pause here, but let your posts be limited to what you want to "gain" from members/"membership" on this forum. Thank you.
grin grin grin grin grin

BullBearMkt:
NSE ASI NEEDS MORE ENERGY TO KEEP THE RALLY GOING...
The past 3 trading days rally is a big relief to investor and traders alike but there is a little concern. The concern is simply that the price has been going up with little energy!

ENERGY? "Does Stock Market also need energy?", someone once asked me. YES, stock markets and indeed all financial markets need "energy" to rise or decline else they will "faint" in the process.

In the case of stock market, the energy needed is the Volume. With high volume, the task of price rally will be easy to accomplish and few times price declining also need high volume for price to fall quickly.

Looking at the last 3 trading days bull, NSE ASI volume is relatively low. We thereby need to see volume increase in order to sustain price rally and "overcome" previous highs.

Wishing you all a GREENER day in your portfolio!
grin grin grin grin grin
BullBearMkt:

In today's trading, the stock went past recent swing high on high volume, that is bullishness and accumulation is growing on weekly which is another bullish indicator on TA.

I am not saying it cannot go south, but a smart investor must planned his/her trade and know when to put the stop loss in case the analysis is dead wrong....

PLEASE NOTE: Highly risky to enter a breakout price, it maybe a false breakout and pullback faking new entrants and caused them to panic & exit the trade prematurely before going up again, especially on high volume.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:40am On Jul 27, 2019
BullBearMkt:
...hello my people! I hope everyone is doing GREAT!! Happy to see my "family" bubbling!!!
JUST TO SAY HELLO!!!
grin grin grin grin grin

HELLO!! Boss.. bear dey bubble us no be small.. grin grin
Welcome back
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 10:43am On Jul 27, 2019
robobo:

welcome back chief
...thanks sir
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 10:45am On Jul 27, 2019
Yayira:

HELLO!! Boss.. bear dey bubble us no be small.. grin grin
Welcome back
lol! cheesy
...na correct bear. But everything that has beginning must surely has an end.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 10:49am On Jul 27, 2019
...it is apparent now that my conclusion about election year as it relate to the (NSE) market is correct - "Market dips after president sworn-in and lasted for at least throughout that year"
grin grin grin grin grin

BullBearMkt:
WAITING FOR ELECTION TO BUY - Does it worth the waiting?
I have tried to study the NSE ASI price movement just before and after presidential elections in Nigeria and its effect on the market generally. But due to lack of data even from NSE (this is terrible!), I cannot really come to a conclusion.

Available data only covers the last 3 presidential election from 2007.

-2007: Before election, market was bubbling and this is the period NSE witnessed great patronage both from crooks and saints alike. So market continue the euphoria during and after the elections. Good to note is that the incumbent party (PDP) just transfer power to the same party. Similarly, the power to be then nominee won the election. So the atmosphere was good for the market.

-2011: The election took place in April, but before then the world witnessed financial crash and many countries were just getting out of this including Nigeria. However, after the election, since the incumbent party (PDP) won the election, market embrassed the news, rallied for 1 month and immediately the president was sworn-in in May, market started falling till the end of that year...

-2015: From the beginning of the year, market was dipping due to uncertainties surrounding whether there will be election or not until American & British governments shown their anger; that was when Nigerian govt announced that presidential election will take place in March. Market loved the news & immediately a dipping market suddenly changed direction and created a pin-bar. Election came & gone with the incumbent president conceded defeat - market loved this and we witnessed market rally. Before the president was sworn-in, market became jittery and market started another fall till late 2016.

I tried to make any summary out these 3 scenarios but data is too small, however, a common factor are:
-Market rallies in the election month
-Market dips after president sworn-in and lasted for at least throughout that year

With the elections now coming in February, what do we expect

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 11:25am On Jul 27, 2019
BullBearMkt:
...hello my people! I hope everyone is doing GREAT!! Happy to see my "family" bubbling!!!
JUST TO SAY HELLO!!!
grin grin grin grin grin

Where have you been? You and fxuser just disappeared at the same time.
Good to have you back. grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 11:54am On Jul 27, 2019
Shareholders’ Group Explains Effects of 5% VAT on Stock Market, Economy
https://businesspost.ng/2019/07/27/shareholders-group-explains-effects-of-5-vat-on-stock-market-economy/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 11:57am On Jul 27, 2019
BullBearMkt:
JUST TO SAY HELLO!!!
grin grin grin grin grin

Chiefo! Good to hear from you....Me and my family have really missed you... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 11:58am On Jul 27, 2019
BullBearMkt:
...it is apparent now that my conclusion about election year as it relate to the (NSE) market is correct - "Market dips after president sworn-in and lasted for at least throughout that year"
grin grin grin grin grin

Obvious to the initiated grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 11:58am On Jul 27, 2019
Coolcash1:

Chiefo! Good to hear from you....Me and my family have really missed you... grin

Including madam?

#NaJokeO
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 12:03pm On Jul 27, 2019
Agbalowomeri:

Including madam?

#NaJokeO

grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by meshpips(m): 12:17pm On Jul 27, 2019
BullBearMkt:

grin grin grin grin grin

This is a question for those with a banking background sir. It is good to have you back.

I also noticed that you have taken down your post about the 78% Fibonacci retrace of the gains made on the NSE.

Are you trying to be careful so as not to call "bull" in a seemingly bear - dominated market?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by meshpips(m): 12:27pm On Jul 27, 2019
BullBearMkt:
grin grin grin grin grin

Sir,

even in a bearish trend, are the corrective waves not going to be BULLISH?

Wave 2 which corrects into the bearish segment of wave 1 creates an opportunity to buy.

Wave 4 which retraces into the bearish wave 3 segment creates yet another opportunity to BUY.

So, even in a bear market, we will have TWO opportunities to buy.

I dare to have a different perspective about the financial market.

Kindly pardon me for playing the devil's advocate but we need to have people in this market that play by a different set of rules.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yom2(m): 12:32pm On Jul 27, 2019
Mcy56:
What is ETI and Interbrew's sin? shocked
Interbrew was doing fine in terms of expansion and product line but with this free fall, I'm not understanding again. sad
I want it at 0.30k
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by meshpips(m): 12:50pm On Jul 27, 2019
meshpips:

This is a question for those with a banking background sir. It is good to have you back.

Sometimes we try not to go into too much detail.

In my quest for knowledge and absolute truth about the financial market, I have gone through several privileged trainings. In one of such training, I had the rare privilege of going through a classified document from Lehman Brothers - a training document they used to teach new entrants into a Fund management firm.

The banker sees the financial market completely different from how chartists, fundamental analysis proponents or news casters see it.

The question I asked is something that not all bankers can even answer.

@bullbearmkt, if you want to fix your car, do you take it to a carpenter? So you now want me to carry my question go that kain place? Bros why na?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jul 27, 2019
meshpips:

Sir,

even in a bearish trend, are the corrective waves not going to be BULLISH?

Wave 2 which corrects into the bearish segment of wave 1 creates an opportunity to buy.

Wave 4 which retraces into the bearish wave 3 segment creates yet another opportunity to BUY.

So, even in a bear market, we will have TWO opportunities to buy.

I dare to have a different perspective about the financial market.

Kindly pardon me for playing the devil's advocate but we need to have people in this market that play by a different set of rules.

Oga BBM will respond 2U shortly due to Anti-spam bot,

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 1:37pm On Jul 27, 2019
tritritri:

Banned till 30/07/19. Unless u intervene.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 27, 2019
tritritri:

Na crime to say “HELLO” again ??
Something truly wrong with this nairaland system.. E no know people wey e supposed to ban.
Thank God say I know your house BBM grin grin
If dem like make dem ban you for 10 years.. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 2:01pm On Jul 27, 2019
Yayira:

Na crime to say “HELLO” again ??
Something truly wrong with this nairaland system.. E no know people wey e supposed to ban.
Thank God say I know your house BBM grin grin
If dem like make dem ban you for 10 years.. grin

Don't cheat on me joor grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 27, 2019
Godisfaithful:

Don't cheat on me joor grin grin grin grin grin

You, BBM and Fxuser, next year if una leave me for this market una wee see what I’ll do to u pipoo embarassed embarassed
How can y’all leave and not take me along? cry
See the time when all of una Dey show face? When prices are ridiculously low.. CHAI !!

NSE : run January come back September, October November.. regardless of the government in charge..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jul 27, 2019
Tritritri I hope say you slf don learn.. Na to run for January oo.. Dividends na trap by the time you wait till qualified date, water don pass garri
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 2:51pm On Jul 27, 2019
Yayira:
Tritritri I hope say you slf don learn.. Na to run for January oo.. Dividends na trap by the time you wait till qualified date, water don pass garri
NSE is just something else. Thats not how stock trading should be, but that's just how it is.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 3:25pm On Jul 27, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 27, 2019
Yayira:

U're right on the bolded sha ...lesson learnt
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PharmAlfred: 4:07pm On Jul 27, 2019
BullBearMkt:
JUST TO SAY HELLO!!!
grin grin grin grin grin

Yaaay!!! Our stolen bull is back. Now watch how the market reacts next week.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 4:55pm On Jul 27, 2019
PharmAlfred:

Yaaay!!! Our stolen bull is back. Now watch how the market reacts next week.

Person wey don roast and chop ya bull finish
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 4:58pm On Jul 27, 2019
Yayira:

You, BBM and Fxuser, next year if una leave me for this market una wee see what I’ll do to u pipoo embarassed embarassed
How can y’all leave and not take me along? cry
See the time when all of una Dey show face? When prices are ridiculously low.. CHAI !!

NSE : run January come back September, October November.. regardless of the government in charge..

But you say you must siddon for market na
Where u dey run go again
Dem say why I dey shout November grin
The bad bad things wey dey happen for this market na this period u go know, so by November market direction go clear
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jul 27, 2019
I read the posts of people that are using the wave theories for trading on NSE.
I laugh in swahil...
In the most recent years, NSE has defiled all the known wave theories, defiled Technica analysis and fundamental analysis.
The order of the day is high level of sophisticated insiders trading.
Very difficult to beat the sophistication of insiders trading in Nigeria.
Many of the US institutional investors that came to trade in Nigeria lost heavily.
It was dz reasons that made them to coined a slogan
`IF YOU WANT TO LOOSE MONEY, INVEST IN NSE`
Heavy portfolio ETF investors lost on the Nigerian bourse.
NSE made fibonacci, Elliot and Neo waves handicapped.
To trade successfully, you need insider info.
For instance, the ascension of Dangote Flour Mills defiled all the known wave theories, but people with first hand information were busy accumulating heavily until the news was broken that OLAM was taken over.
Another example was Forte Oil, months preceding the Otedola news, the accumulators were busy buying. The only positive news with respect to Forte Oil was potential disposer of assets in Ghana and Nigeria in their power generation sector.
Nevertheless, one can be a successful trader on the bourse by devising an independent strategy that work for you.. Relying on the waves should have prompted Zenith bank to N32 by now and GT bank to N38+
UACN to N12.
The Nigeria bourse moves at it is pace.
It could move independent of global oil prices and political environment.
However, at the moment, the Nigeria economy is not smiling at stocks investors.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rahjan: 5:16pm On Jul 27, 2019
Hello house,
Please I registered on cscs website to be able to view my account and paid #2,500 online but when try to login, it tells me that my user id is not yet active.

Is there anyother step I need to take?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4720) (4721) (4722) (4723) (4724) (4725) (4726) ... (7834) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: congi(m), Bagwa, Salvationone and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.