Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,067 members, 7,939,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 10:20 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11470038 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (8117) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 6:47pm On May 13, 2013
stockbull:

uba and diamond have performed as i've expected and they are among the stocks to watch this week/on the short term.
The few i've taken a close look into are:

unity bank
afriprud
cand i leasing
nahco
oando
presco and courtville but you should mind and query the price gains of courtville as there's no justification.i've not seen real investor buying the share in my brief analysis.my fainted x mark is also on skye bank shares.

seeing at least two out of the seven stocks posted on the top gainers chart at the end of the week.

those penny stocks are highlighted on my mind.

unity bank sharply on ten percent gain.
it would have been a big bang if i've not bid low.

now there's a slight shift.mixed reactions on the board today
Even with the longest pole on the NSE, I will not touch OandO.
Can you please tell me what has change in OandO pre- and post right issue?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jossy26: 8:31am On May 14, 2013
I can see Japaul and Costain going to park; hope something good comes out for me in this Japaul, Jegede dey disappoint big time
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:33am On May 14, 2013
@stockbul,
Why is Unity bank on ur list?
Though i have unity bank shares and will be so happy if it recovers, i learnt it was a very bad decision to buy except on speculation.
Though they made a wonderful result in 4th quarter 2012 as well as 1st quarter 2013, they have a negative reserve earning, and as such, it will take them 3 years with this kind of wonderful result to pay dividend.

What makes you think it is a good buy now? any news?

As for cni, afriprud and other low capitalized stocks, i don't trade them again.My advise is that if u must trade it, trade small units. Look at the total weekly volume of shares sold to help u understand what am talking about. You may see the price going up,but getting buyers is the issue. Additionally, they don't sustain their gains for quite sometimes

Meanwhile, help me say thank u to the board of UBA and Nascon. grin
I have placed my sell order for UBA and Nascon two days before close of their registers respectively.
Happy investing.....(jamace)
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 1:03pm On May 14, 2013
stockbull:

uba and diamond have performed as i've expected and they are among the stocks to watch this week/on the short term.
The few i've taken a close look into are:

unity bank
afriprud
cand i leasing
nahco
oando
presco and courtville but you should mind and query the price gains of courtville as there's no justification.i've not seen real investor buying the share in my brief analysis.my fainted x mark is also on skye bank shares.

seeing at least two out of the seven stocks posted on the top gainers chart at the end of the week.

those penny stocks are highlighted on my mind.

unity bank sharply on ten percent gain.
it would have been a big bang if i've not bid low.

now there's a slight shift.mixed reactions on the board today

Only NAHCO and Presco makes sence here...every other stock listed is purely speculation....

Anyway Good luck to you...You will definitely need loads of it!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Omopasito: 1:26pm On May 14, 2013
Please when is the closure of Register for UBA
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:22pm On May 14, 2013
Omopasito: Please when is the closure of Register for UBA

Please check www.proshareng.com
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 4:14pm On May 14, 2013
Nigeriam Stock exchange:

Okumu Oil palm plc was marked down today by 50% for dividend and bonus payment..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 5:16pm On May 14, 2013
Born 2be Rich: Nigeriam Stock exchange:

Okumu Oil palm plc was marked down today by 50% for dividend and bonus payment..

Please do u think it's a good time to enter as I have always wanted to buy this stock.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 5:27pm On May 14, 2013
Elai147:

Please do u think it's a good time to enter as I have always wanted to buy this stock.

Yes, it is okay to enter as sentiments might push the price northward...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lazinc(m): 5:56pm On May 14, 2013
Born 2be Rich:

Yes, it is okay to enter as sentiments might push the price northward...

What about the fundamentals? Are they sound?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 6:11pm On May 14, 2013
laz_inc:

What about the fundamentals? Are they sound?

Yeah i know why i wrote sentiments because from their reported first quarter Q1 results for 2013 their Profit after tax declined by 65% to N 491 million, Net margin also reduced to 27%, top line revenue declined by 35% to N 1.83 billion in 2013 from N 2.82 billion in Q1 of 2012, while their cost of sales rose to N 638 million...

So for now sentiments might drive it up not fundamentals...

Kindly go through the link for their Q1 results;

http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/2909_OKOMU_OIL_PALM_PLC._FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_MAY_2013.pdf

Happy investing... smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jideflash(m): 6:45pm On May 14, 2013
hahahaha, 44% gain on courtville from last week, Glad i invested when it was 0.50 about a month ago.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:53pm On May 14, 2013
Born 2be Rich:

Yeah i know why i wrote sentiments because from their reported first quarter Q1 results for 2013 their Profit after tax declined by 65% to N 491 million, Net margin also reduced to 27%, top line revenue declined by 35% to N 1.83 billion in 2013 from N 2.82 billion in Q1 of 2012, while their cost of sales rose to N 638 million...

http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/2909_OKOMU_OIL_PALM_PLC._FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_MAY_2013.pdf

nice analysis bro. but who might want to sell right now?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:55pm On May 14, 2013
but please house, when is oando sending certificate for their rights issue, or when are they crediting investors cscs account. its been almost three months since the offer closed. anyone with info pls share o...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lazinc(m): 10:47pm On May 14, 2013
Born 2be Rich:

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by foandt: 5:38am On May 15, 2013
ileman: please what is d business of courtview @ stock bull
further to the earlier answer provided, check ur vehicle license, hackney permit they are the one doing it for lagos state and one or two other states. Also "Egole" e-shopping they are behind it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ileman: 7:24am On May 15, 2013
thanks. unity bank on my mind. is it a good deal
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 8:18am On May 15, 2013
ileman: thanks. unity bank on my mind. is it a good deal
for me o unity bank no way i cant use my #1 to buy there stock . what is there stand if i may ask? and what is there business? has they pay up to #0.50 dividend what of bonus shares? afribank, bank phb e.t.c has teach me so much . be your self play well.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jposuagwu: 9:36am On May 15, 2013
Okomuoil set to rally again. Yes their revenue shrank this first quarter. Analyst already predicted it will be so in 2013. And same analysts agree the revenue will bounce back again beginning of 2014. Give or take, Okomu is a good stock by any standard. Its bonus and dividend payment is exceptional. Their business is doing well and will continue to do well especially with govt protection which they enjoy. If you have money buy okomu now before the prices rises to N80 - N100.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 9:49am On May 15, 2013
valacious:

nice analysis bro. but who might want to sell right now?

From the analysis and report i got yesterday not too many are willing to sell hence sentiments will be attached to the stock which will push the price higher.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jposuagwu: 10:21am On May 15, 2013
An aggressive stock like Okomuoil requires an aggressive broker to get. Place order now and some how, some day before the price goes cracy, you will get.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 11:17am On May 15, 2013
Currently okumu is on strong bid but no willing seller thereby pushing the price northward with 10% gain at the moment.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gosj(m): 11:21am On May 15, 2013
jposuagwu: Okomuoil set to rally again. Yes their revenue shrank this first quarter. Analyst already predicted it will be so in 2013. And same analysts agree the revenue will bounce back again beginning of 2014. Give or take, Okomu is a good stock by any standard. Its bonus and dividend payment is exceptional. Their business is doing well and will continue to do well especially with govt protection which they enjoy. If you have money buy okomu now before the prices rises to N80 - N100.
Yess dear! Every smart investor shud go for Okomu oil immediately bcoz it is set for a rally in the next one week as it has already added above N5 today. It is a stock to watch out for based on the transparency of its management! Dont say I didnt tell U ohhh!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nereiskc(m): 11:25am On May 15, 2013
gosj:
Yess dear! Every smart investor shud go for Okomu oil immediately bcoz it is set for a rally in the next one week as it has already added above N5 today. It is a stock to watch out for based on the transparency of its management! Dont say I didnt tell U ohhh!
. Am calling my stockbroker right away, to place an order.......lol.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by saibuhari(m): 12:04pm On May 15, 2013
Okomu on rampage. Okomu has gained 10% as at this moment of posting.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gosj(m): 12:41pm On May 15, 2013
nereiskc: . Am calling my stockbroker right away, to place an order.......lol.
Guy! Order not a few ohhh!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 12:51pm On May 15, 2013
feelamong:

Only NAHCO and Presco makes sence here...every other stock listed is purely speculation....

Anyway Good luck to you...You will definitely need loads of it!

One stock on that list I am eyeing is Afriprud.

Meanwhile, UBCAP has released their Q1 result and as it is close to their forecast.
http://proshareng.com/news/19978
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Redoil: 1:28pm On May 15, 2013
ihedioramma: Yess you need to go and collect the dividend form from the company's registras, fill it, take it to your bank for endorsement of your account details and return same to the registras. Or better still, your stockbroker can help you collect and return the dividend form but you have to fill it and get endorsement from your bank. Cheers! PLS as i have four registras do i need to sand the my e-dividend form one by one? do banks talk any money for endorsement? if yes how much?
no they dont it is free but u must have a current account b4 they will sign it. So that incase you are collecting some one else dividend they can arrest you or ur gaurrantor.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 2:16pm On May 15, 2013
OKOMU OIL:

Hello Friends, I do not think it is time to acquire Okomu Shares rather it is time to wait. The stock may advance but experience shows price will come down by the time the bonus get into investors hands the rule of supply and demand will play it self. Do not panic you may be buying at the top of the turn.

Happy investing
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gosj(m): 2:57pm On May 15, 2013
sellydion: OKOMU OIL:

Hello Friends, I do not think it is time to acquire Okomu Shares rather it is time to wait. The stock may advance but experience shows price will come down by the time the bonus get into investors hands the rule of supply and demand will play it self. Do not panic you may be buying at the top of the turn.

Happy investing
Yea you are right for those going long, but for short term buyers/investors like me, this is the time to make some cool cash and sell off before the bonuses are paid. Happy investing my great pals!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jposuagwu: 3:17pm On May 15, 2013
The price of okomu is suddenly dropping. Its now N51.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by question(m): 4:06pm On May 15, 2013
Stock Investors, please beware of "herd mentality". Invest wisely.

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (8117) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: mamatwiny(f), KarlTom, unite4real, Ehinomen1, Jerry59, thebargainhunte, Mpeace(m), anjilgreat(f), IamR and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.