Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,419 members, 7,881,535 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:57 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5468) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11153372 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5465) (5466) (5467) (5468) (5469) (5470) (5471) ... (7861) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bomboclad: 3:12pm On Mar 24, 2020
I think the stimulus would be approved today. The DOW is already up 7% and everything is up today, from oil, gold, and stocks around the world. Like you said, lets see how it goes.

Meanwhile the new virus - HANTAVIRUS is true but not contagious except via body fluid, just like Hepatitis B et al, so no cause for concern.

RabbiDoracle:

There has been positive divergence on all markets worldwide.

I guess the catalyst was Senate approving the trillions of stimulus.

Let's see how far it will drive it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 3:13pm On Mar 24, 2020
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thebargainhunte: 3:24pm On Mar 24, 2020
Uchetoba:
If this is true then China should be lock out from the rest of the world.
The virus has been with China.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:47pm On Mar 24, 2020
I think Dow has been halted for hitting limit up.

First was the futures.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thebargainhunte: 3:52pm On Mar 24, 2020
Bomboclad:
I think the stimulus would be approved today. The DOW is already up 7% and everything is up today, from oil, gold, and stocks around the world. Like you said, lets see how it goes.

Meanwhile the new virus - HANTAVIRUS is true but not contagious except via body fluid, just like Hepatitis B et al, so no cause for concern.

It is not a new virus.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thebargainhunte: 3:56pm On Mar 24, 2020
seyisanya:
My oga, u b thebargainhunte, you should know what to do when that happens! tongue tongue tongue

That's what I know how to do best.
Na to borrow oracle bullion van be that oo grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thebargainhunte: 4:32pm On Mar 24, 2020
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by meshpips(m): 4:40pm On Mar 24, 2020
meshpips:
Here's the yearly chart I used for GTB's analysis back then.

The third touch of the demand trendline which happens to be in confluence with the 2015 closing price is the lowest possible I see GTB doing for this year 2020.

That should be the 16.XX price handle I spoke about earlier.

In my opinion anywhere from 19.4X - 16.XX is an excellent buy for GTB.

From that entry, the first target will be around 40 or 41.XX price handle.

GTB ought to be done with the sell off.

All the best everyone!

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 4:56pm On Mar 24, 2020
Food for Thought:

With the Corona virus pandemic causing mass layoffs and record unemployment, it’s clear that recession 2020 has already begun. This post will outline everything that I’m personally doing to prepare for this downturn.

First off, this is my 3rd recession. In my adult life, I’ve had the misfortune of living through 2 other downturns in 2002 and 2008. And during my first financial crisis, I was paralyzed in fear.

While everything was crashing all around me, I hesitated and made wrong, emotional decisions out of panic.

In 2002, I sat there on the sidelines and watched my stock portfolio plummet to less than 50% of its original value.

And because I couldn’t handle the pain, I sold many stocks at their lowest point, stayed in cash and proceeded to miss the multi-year bull market that came after.

Following the 2008 crash, I was determined to not make the same mistake as 2002 so I bought a bunch of stocks and held onto them to make a decent profit.

During this period, I also started both of my businesses, Bumblebee Linens and MyWifeQuitHerJob, because I was determined to become financially free and not depend on my day job income ever again.

Looking back, I never felt more helpless than when I was working for the man because I had no control.

I still remember when everyone at my company was terrified of getting laid off.
I still remember when many of my close friends got the ax.
I still remember when I couldn’t sleep at night and I lived in constant fear of losing my job. It sucked.

But fast forward to recession 2020, I’ve got a lot more experience under my belt and this time, I plan to act rationally.

14 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by seyisanya(m): 5:03pm On Mar 24, 2020
sellydion:
Food for Thought:

With the Corona virus pandemic causing mass layoffs and record unemployment, it’s clear that recession 2020 has already begun. This post will outline everything that I’m personally doing to prepare for this downturn.

First off, this is my 3rd recession. In my adult life, I’ve had the misfortune of living through 2 other downturns in 2002 and 2008. And during my first financial crisis, I was paralyzed in fear.

While everything was crashing all around me, I hesitated and made wrong, emotional decisions out of panic.

In 2002, I sat there on the sidelines and watched my stock portfolio plummet to less than 50% of its original value.

And because I couldn’t handle the pain, I sold many stocks at their lowest point, stayed in cash and proceeded to miss the multi-year bull market that came after.

Following the 2008 crash, I was determined to not make the same mistake as 2002 so I bought a bunch of stocks and held onto them to make a decent profit.

During this period, I also started both of my businesses, Bumblebee Linens and MyWifeQuitHerJob, because I was determined to become financially free and not depend on my day job income ever again.

Looking back, I never felt more helpless than when I was working for the man because I had no control.

I still remember when I couldn’t sleep at night and I lived in constant fear of losing my job. It sucked.

But fast forward to recession 2020, I’ve got a lot more experience under my belt and this time, I plan to act rationally.

Hands down, this is the comment of the year! Celine Dion needs to meet Mr Sellydion for a special date tongue. Thanks for sharing, sir.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thebargainhunte: 5:26pm On Mar 24, 2020
Dow on fire fire grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:34pm On Mar 24, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

There are many locals that are buying as well, not just FPIs.

Please Rabbi...
What does FPIs mean.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:40pm On Mar 24, 2020
wamiikechukwu:

Please Rabbi...

What does FPIs mean.

Foreign Portfolio Investors
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:42pm On Mar 24, 2020
thebargainhunte:
Dow on fire fire grin grin grin

10%

Stimulus bill seems to be approved.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:43pm On Mar 24, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

Foreign Portfolio Investors
Thanks.... So this means other nationals also buy stocks from the NSE.
Also... Can you recommend a good broker for me...
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:07pm On Mar 24, 2020
meshpips:

GTB ought to be done with the sell off.

All the best everyone!
Go tell that to the baboon.I can predict my own.Gt bank will do #50 some day but when I don't know and what will be the reason I don't know.All I know market is not static.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Justcul(m): 6:23pm On Mar 24, 2020
Biafran4life:
Go tell that to the baboon.I can predict my own.Gt bank will do #50 some day but when I don't know and what will be the reason I don't know.All I know market is not static.

Why the hate talk, the guy used a graph to back his predictions, where is yours undecided

Give him credit please. Unto Caesar....

Peace!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thebargainhunte: 6:28pm On Mar 24, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

10%

Stimulus bill seems to be approved.

Not yet announced but optimism is very high.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thebargainhunte: 6:32pm On Mar 24, 2020
Brent is down angry sad angry
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 6:50pm On Mar 24, 2020
Stocks with new 52 week lows
Uba #4.40k
ETI #4.05k
Nascon #8.50k
Conoil #13.15k

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 6:56pm On Mar 24, 2020
https://www.nairaland.com/5753451/sanwo-olu-all-banks-offices-markets
Lagos state government has ordered the closure of all banks, offices, markets and courts in the state effective from Thursday.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:04pm On Mar 24, 2020
thebargainhunte:
Brent is down angry sad angry

It may still trend down more going by current news today. There are increasing numbers of shutdown all around the world. India just announced a lockdown of 1.3b people today for 21 days.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by brandable: 7:33pm On Mar 24, 2020
Sir, doesn't that means that we should be expecting more fall in shares?
RabbiDoracle:

It may still trend down more going by current news today. There are increasing numbers of shutdown all around the world. India just announced a lockdown of 1.3b people today for 21 days.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by seyisanya(m): 7:44pm On Mar 24, 2020
brandable:
Oil wey don dey go up again. cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:45pm On Mar 24, 2020
brandable:

They said positive divergence ni.
On top bigy bigy problems.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by meshpips(m): 7:46pm On Mar 24, 2020
Biafran4life:

Whem market dey deal with person e nor dey hard to know.

Bros pele.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9jatriot(m): 7:47pm On Mar 24, 2020
Somehow you missed that of 2015, you did not talk about that?
2002? Was there a recession then? Not sure I remember there being a recession.

sellydion:
Food for Thought:

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by seyisanya(m): 7:52pm On Mar 24, 2020
meshpips:

Bros pele.
grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 1kinggy(m): 7:53pm On Mar 24, 2020
meshpips:

Bros pele.

Fear God o. cry cry cry
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:00pm On Mar 24, 2020
brandable:

NSE is oversold. It should reverse based on technicals.

Most stocks worldwide are in the same situation.

You can position to make money short term or you stay long term if you bought at a good low.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:01pm On Mar 24, 2020
meshpips:

Bros pele.

grin grin grin

Savage!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:10pm On Mar 24, 2020
locodemy:

They said positive divergence ni.
On top bigy bigy problems.

My dear, leave story o. People are making money o.

Once there is that positive divergence, it must go up. What (news) will come up to make it go up, i don't know.

I am in a place where there are over 1,500 cases and over 30 deaths and the stock market did almost 6% today. There are restrictions to work, schools, movements, yet Portfolios are still green.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5465) (5466) (5467) (5468) (5469) (5470) (5471) ... (7861) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Mills55, afroxyz, Amiscomyr(m), MysTeerioz(f), handsomebolanle and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.