Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,848 members, 7,872,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:35 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5511) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11115195 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5508) (5509) (5510) (5511) (5512) (5513) (5514) ... (7834) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by meshpips(m): 4:21am On Apr 04, 2020
Good time to earn some passive income.

This Master Trader has returned about 20% monthly consistently for the past six months.

You can send me a private message if interested in copying his trades.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Northeastern: 5:02am On Apr 04, 2020
meshpips:

This Master Trader has returned about 20% monthly consistently for the past six months.

A leopard can truly not change its colors.

This scammer is back to his old ways.

Oga, stop scamming people, in about 3 months, it will become the first anniversary of my rebuking you here.

Whoever invests in the Ponzi scheme his presenting as a proxy is on their own.

Since your proxy can return 20% per month, it will only take him 39 months to make $1 million on a continuously compounded basis. Let him just be patient for just 39 months and make it.

15 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Northeastern: 5:12am On Apr 04, 2020
meshpips:

According to your previous posts, you make more than 20% in a month, why are you recommending someone that you are better than?

Aye le. I have been abundantly gracious to not only rebuke you, but also show you the way out - please refer to my previous responses to your when started this your get rich quick by risking people's money.

Your problem is psychological and it is not unrelated to the previous losses you have suffered in the market. If care is not taken, this might be what would end your life on earth. I am talking from experience - I know people that have gone to the world beyond with this your mentality.

Past losses does not increase the chance of success on your next trade. You will never achieve what you could not do with your own money with other people's money. The end result is not always good.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 6:14am On Apr 04, 2020
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 6:21am On Apr 04, 2020
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Northeastern: 6:50am On Apr 04, 2020
pluto09:

https://nairametrics.com/2020/04/03/top-ten-stockbrokers-trade-n391-9-billion-in-q1-2020-despite-bearish-trend/

This is a poor job by Nairametrics. They just did copy and paste no value-added. I wonder why they expect a slow in trading activities in a volatile market.

There is a 50% jump in value traded when Q1 2020 is compared to Q1 2019 - 418bn vs 627bn.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by creategist: 9:22am On Apr 04, 2020
Please is it possible for one to have two separate CSCS Account numbers? Say for instance I open two different brokerage accounts (one with Morgan Capital and one with Leadcapital for instance) will each House issue me different CSCS Account numbers?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Justcul(m): 10:25am On Apr 04, 2020
creategist:
Please is it possible for one to have two separate CSCS Account numbers? Say for instance I open two different brokerage accounts (one with Morgan Capital and one with Leadcapital for instance) will each House issue me different CSCS Account numbers?

YES, you will have one (single) CHN with two different CSCS grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:17pm On Apr 04, 2020
meshpips:

This was the person making fun of me about my investment.A pouper and a scammer.And some saw sense in him because he made a bogus prediction about some stocks which only unforseen health/oil war made it a reality.He then started digging them up for this purpose.It Is not only 20 percent a month .Why not 100 percent ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TLAX: 1:12pm On Apr 04, 2020
Northeastern:

According to your previous posts, you make more than 20% in a month, why are you recommending someone that you are better than?

Aye le. I have been abundantly gracious to not only rebuke you, but also show you the way out - please refer to my previous responses to your when started this your get rich quick by risking people's money.

Your problem is psychological and it is not unrelated to the previous losses you have suffered in the market. If care is not taken, this might be what would end your life on earth. I am talking from experience - I know people that have gone to the world beyond with this your mentality.

Past losses does not increase the chance of success on your next trade. You will never achieve what you could not do with your own money with other people's money. The end result is not always good.

Baba we miss your posts o, ex-meshpips. Try and post more of your wisdom so we can cross fertilize smiley smiley smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TLAX: 1:13pm On Apr 04, 2020
Biafran4life:
This was the person making fun of me about my investment.A pouper and a scammer.And some saw sense in him because he made a bogus prediction about some stocks which only unforseen health/oil war made it a reality.He then started digging them up for this purpose.It Is not only 20 percent a month .Why not 100 percent ?

Lol....but he called it right. It may or may not have been random but he was right.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Oakbranch: 1:34pm On Apr 04, 2020
Justcul:

YES, you will have one (single) CHN with two different CSCS grin
what is implications of having as said above on dividends with if one has stocks with different stockbrokers.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 1:55pm On Apr 04, 2020
Oakbranch:
what is implications of having as said above on dividends with if one has stocks with different stockbrokers.

Registrars who are in charge of paying dividend follows your CHN record. If you have one CHN with multiple cscs number, it will not affect dividend payment provided you have your mandate and your specimen signature with them.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TLAX: 2:34pm On Apr 04, 2020
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/29525_CAP_PLC_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_MARCH_2020.pdf

For the first time in many years (at least, back to 2013 where i stopped checking) Chemical and Allied Plc will not be paying a dividend. The official reason given for this in the company's financial statements was "Economic Uncertainties related t the Corona Virus". The financial result itself was not bad in view of economic realities as the company recorder per share earnings of N2.49 for 2019 compared to N2.90 for 2018. In 2018 they paid N2.90 as dividend meaning everything earned was paid out. Investors should watch this space because since then, ownership of parent UACN has changed hands to Themis Capital, and this could signal a change in group dividend policy at least for the short term.

In the short to medium term what are the options open to Themis Capital for its corporate structure re-especially in view of the challenged rights issue for UPDC with fate still unknown:

1. The need to press on with the unbundling of UPDC and following tepid interest from other shareholders, they will look at options of taking up these rights rather than have the exercise fail. What this means is that Themis will be cash hungry and there could be a second phase of the unbundling or this first phase may be delayed for longer till there is a clear way forward for getting UPDC off their portfolio.

2. Expect more corporate restructure especially in their Chemical business. They currently own 51.4% of CAP and 51% of Portland Paints. Both are in same line of business but while CAP is an industry leader, Portland paints has largely underperformed since they acquired shares in the company from Lafarge WAPCO in 2013. The options before them are either to sell Portland paints and raise much needed cash, or consolidate both companies. CAP has the technology, product license, selling and distribution intellect and Portland paints can benefit a lot from these. Also, UACN will be looking to optimize the cost of the expatriate CEO they recruited for CAP in August 2019 which pushed up CEO cost from N15.8 million in 2018 to N54.66 million in 2019 even though that CEO was on ground for just 5 months. The need for cash will determine the course of action within the next 18 months.

3. In August 2019, UACN sold 8% of its stake in MDS Logistics to Imperial Logistics thereby increasing Imperial's stake in the company from 49% to 57% and leaving UACN with 43%. Expect such corporate actions for the remaining group companies especially Grand Cereal and Livestock Feeds as i doubt Themis Capital will want that level of exposure to agriculture which in not there forte.

4. UNICO Closed PFA will survive and i believe as UACN transits to a Holding Company with minority but significant stakes in quoted companies, we may see them venture into financial services etc. I do not know if PenCom is disposed to changing licencing for PFAs but i expect Themis Capital to try for general PFA license which will be a viable vehicle for them to paly in the find management sector.

Caution is advised for retail investors in UACN and current group companies. The quest for cash is going to drive a lot of their actions going forward and options before Themis Capital is to take on much more leverage in balance sheet of UACN and portfolio companies or simply strip and sell off some of the assets of the companies. UACN has lots of these across the federation and beyond.

As for dividends, i do not believe UACN will pay any dividend for 2019 operations. They have ample reasons, real and imaginary not to....but time will tell.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by meshpips(m): 3:03pm On Apr 04, 2020
Northeastern:

That is not me. He is one of the Master Trader on TigerWit.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by meshpips(m): 3:05pm On Apr 04, 2020
That is not me. He is one of the Master Trader on TigerWit. I work as Head Trainer with TigerWit. As a staff, you aren't permitted to trade for company clients except sophisticated investors who will need to provide a written limited power of attorney.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by meshpips(m): 3:11pm On Apr 04, 2020
Northeastern:

A leopard can truly not change its colors.

This scammer is back to his old ways.

Oga, stop scamming people, in about 3 months, it will become the first anniversary of my rebuking you here.

Whoever invests in the Ponzi scheme his presenting as a proxy is on their own.

Since your proxy can return 20% per month, it will only take him 39 months to make $1 million on a continuously compounded basis. Let him just be patient for just 39 months and make it.

You are often too quick to cry foul.

Go and do your due diligence about the company and what it offers.

You were quick to say that my trade recommendations for the NSE were crap yet all of them with the exception of none worked exactly as I said.

A whole lot of people could have been saved of the loss they experienced holding GTBank shares if only you allowed them listen to sound counsel.

Price has come to the level I mentioned last year yet you are unrepentant.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Seunn11: 3:11pm On Apr 04, 2020
Where are our epistolucs analysts?
Please share your portfolio gains year to date.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by meshpips(m): 3:15pm On Apr 04, 2020
Biafran4life:

I will give you 10 such recommendstions and they all will be correct if you agree to post a picture of you kneeling down with a cardboard on which "I am sorry" is written after the trades work.

If you dare me, accept the challenge and I will put you to shame!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 3:21pm On Apr 04, 2020
meshpips:

You are often too quick to cry foul.

Go and do your due diligence about the company and what it offers.

You were quick to say that my trade recommendations for the NSE were crap yet all of them with the exception of none worked exactly as I said.

A whole lot of people could have been saved of the loss they experienced holding GTBank shares if only you allowed them listen to sound counsel.

Price has come to the level I mentioned last year yet you are unrepentant.

You foresaw the COVID-19 pandemic or you are saying the recent fall in GTBank shares (the others too) was a result of some other causes?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 3:24pm On Apr 04, 2020
meshpips:

I will give you 10 such recommendstions and they all will be correct if you agree to post a picture of you kneeling down with a cardboard on which "I am sorry" is written after the trades work.

If you dare me, accept the challenge and I will put you to shame!

Give me, I need am. Do u want my pics holding a cardboard?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by meshpips(m): 3:26pm On Apr 04, 2020
ositadima1:

You foresaw the COVID-19 pandemic or you are saying the recent fall in GTBank shares (the others too) was a result of some other causes?

I used a simple model that combines cumulative delta volume and VWAP to obtain the true price of GTB since after the 2008 melt down.

I mentioned levels for many other stocks. Gave a buy call for Access in the face of a bearish all share index. And it returned 100% profit.

Wetin else them want make I do?

They all said the GTBank call will never work and we agreed to wait it out.

Now the price is here and again people like @NorthEastern nor still wan gree.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by meshpips(m): 3:27pm On Apr 04, 2020
ositadima1:

Give me, I need am. Do u want my pics holding a cardboard?

Na the biafran I want.

I will like to see how stupid he will be looking with the cardboard in hand.

Shebi him mouth dey sharp?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 3:35pm On Apr 04, 2020
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:44pm On Apr 04, 2020
TLAX:
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/29525_CAP_PLC_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_MARCH_2020.pdf

For the first time in many years (at least, back to 2013 where i stopped checking) Chemical and Allied Plc will not be paying a dividend. The official reason given for this in the company's financial statements was "Economic Uncertainties related t the Corona Virus". The financial result itself was not bad in view of economic realities as the company recorder per share earnings of N2.49 for 2019 compared to N2.90 for 2018. In 2018 they paid N2.90 as dividend meaning everything earned was paid out. Investors should watch this space because since then, ownership of parent UACN has changed hands to Themis Capital, and this could signal a change in group dividend policy at least for the short term.

In the short to medium term what are the options open to Themis Capital for its corporate structure re-especially in view of the challenged rights issue for UPDC with fate still unknown:

1. The need to press on with the unbundling of UPDC and following tepid interest from other shareholders, they will look at options of taking up these rights rather than have the exercise fail. What this means is that Themis will be cash hungry and there could be a second phase of the unbundling or this first phase may be delayed for longer till there is a clear way forward for getting UPDC off their portfolio.

2. Expect more corporate restructure especially in their Chemical business. They currently own 51.4% of CAP and 51% of Portland Paints. Both are in same line of business but while CAP is an industry leader, Portland paints has largely underperformed since they acquired shares in the company from Lafarge WAPCO in 2013. The options before them are either to sell Portland paints and raise much needed cash, or consolidate both companies. CAP has the technology, product license, selling and distribution intellect and Portland paints can benefit a lot from these. Also, UACN will be looking to optimize the cost of the expatriate CEO they recruited for CAP in August 2019 which pushed up CEO cost from N15.8 million in 2018 to N54.66 million in 2019 even though that CEO was on ground for just 5 months. The need for cash will determine the course of action within the next 18 months.

3. In August 2019, UACN sold 8% of its stake in MDS Logistics to Imperial Logistics thereby increasing Imperial's stake in the company from 49% to 57% and leaving UACN with 43%. Expect such corporate actions for the remaining group companies especially Grand Cereal and Livestock Feeds as i doubt Themis Capital will want that level of exposure to agriculture which in not there forte.

4. UNICO Closed PFA will survive and i believe as UACN transits to a Holding Company with minority but significant stakes in quoted companies, we may see them venture into financial services etc. I do not know if PenCom is disposed to changing licencing for PFAs but i expect Themis Capital to try for general PFA license which will be a viable vehicle for them to paly in the find management sector.

Caution is advised for retail investors in UACN and current group companies. The quest for cash is going to drive a lot of their actions going forward and options before Themis Capital is to take on much more leverage in balance sheet of UACN and portfolio companies or simply strip and sell off some of the assets of the companies. UACN has lots of these across the federation and beyond.

As for dividends, i do not believe UACN will pay any dividend for 2019 operations. They have ample reasons, real and imaginary not to....but time will tell.

I have a feeling that the new core investors of UACN group are cow boys, they are not different from those guys at Oando.

They are PE guys, they do financial engineering, restructuring , asset stripping and will later book profit.

They don't have any track records of running a business in the real sector or turning around any business .

They should have employed Mrs Lara Elemide as a non executive director of CAP Plc, this woman came on board when CAP Plc was less than N4.00 the company had a bonuses of 1 for 3, 1 for 3 and another 1 for 1 and the stock price still stood at N35.00 when the new core Investors of UACN came on board. I did an analysis some years back on how 100k Invested in CAP Plc grew to about N8 million within 15 years excluding the dividends.

While other subsidiaries of UACN we're struggling Mrs Lara Elemide made sure CAP Plc grew from strength to strength.

Under the new management of CAP Plc, staff cost went up by 40%, CEOs pay went up by over 200%,, profit went down.

And the first time in about 20 years shareholders will not be paid dividends. The retained earnings of the company also went down by over 10% between 2018 and 2019.

Corona virus happened in 2020, the dividend is for the financial year 2019. It is obvious the new management are not shareholder centric.

We are in a recession, they have not done much business in Q1, Q2 won't be different. People won't build houses during recession therefore demands will fall, demain for marine paints will also fall.

The dividend of about N2 billion which shareholders would have been paid will be used to maintain and pay, staff and management till 2021. Since what they have as retained earnings is a paltry N2 billion that is my own thinking, I might be wrong.

Concerning UNICO PFA, they have sold that subsidiary

The new core investors of UACN should have left good turnaround managers they met on ground at UACN eg Abdul Sule, Lara Elemide for about 2 years before retiring them and still have them as non executive directors for another 3 years.

Managing and growing a business is quite different from punching calculators, making projections and analyses which Private Equity investors are known for

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 4:25pm On Apr 04, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

I have a feeling that the new core investors of UACN group are cow boys, they are not different from those guys at Oando.

They are PE guys, they do financial engineering, restructuring , asset stripping and will later book profit.

They don't have any track records of running a business in the real sector or turning around any business .

They should have employed Mrs Lara Elemide as a non executive director of CAP Plc, this woman came on board when CAP Plc was less than N4.00 the company had a bonuses of 1 for 3, 1 for 3 and another 1 for 1 and the stock price still stood at N35.00 when the new core Investors of UACN came on board. I did an analysis some years back on how 100k Invested in CAP Plc grew to about N8 million within 15 years excluding the dividends.

While other subsidiaries of UACN we're struggling Mrs Lara Elemide made sure CAP Plc grew from strength to strength.

Under the new management of CAP Plc, staff cost went up by 40%, CEOs pay went up by over 200%,, profit went down.

And the first time in about 20 years shareholders will not be paid dividends. The retained earnings of the company also went down by over 10% between 2018 and 2019.

Corona virus happened in 2020, the dividend is for the financial year 2019. It is obvious the new management are not shareholder centric.

We are in a recession, they have not done much business in Q1, Q2 won't be different. People won't build houses during recession therefore demands will fall, demain for marine paints will also fall.

The dividend of about N2 billion which shareholders would have been paid will be used to maintain and pay, staff and management till 2021. Since what they have as retained earnings is a paltry N2 billion that is my own thinking, I might be wrong.

The new core investors of UACN should have left good turnaround managers they met on ground at UACN eg Abdul Sule, Lara Elemide for about 2 years before retiring them and still have them as non executive directors for another 3 years.

Managing and growing a business is quite different from punching calculators, making projections and analyses which Private Equity investors are known for

Thank you for your analysis.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by eziokwunwoko(m): 4:51pm On Apr 04, 2020
Sirs Emmanuelewumi and onegentleguy Good evening: I have this question for your answers, plz reply me. I have studied the financial report of ETI for 5 years, they have made profit but have never paid dividend since 2015, reason capital preservation. I want to buy the stock for capital appreciation. I am waiting for the price to drop from 3.90 to 2.50 and hoping that 2020( q1,q2,Q3,q4) results will be better. Should I invest at that price.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:55pm On Apr 04, 2020
eziokwunwoko:
Sirs Emmanuelewumi and onegentleguy Good evening: I have this question for your answers, plz reply me. I have studied the financial report of ETI for 5 years, they have made profit but have never paid dividend since 2015, reason capital preservation. I want to buy the stock for capital appreciation. I am waiting for the price to drop from 3.90 to 2.50 and hoping that 2020( q1,q2,Q3,q4) results will be better. Should I invest at that price.

I am sorry, I don't have ETI. Those who have it or just bought it will be in a better position to advise you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TLAX: 5:10pm On Apr 04, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

You are correct on bolded. The operation has even been shut down.

Its going to be a long night for UACN. That's my take.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:19pm On Apr 04, 2020
TLAX:

You are correct on bolded. The operation has even been shut down.

Its going to be a long night for UACN. That's my take.

The new core Investors can't make money for Investors managing and growing the business. They can make money through asset stripping because UACN is sitting on a huge asset, but that is NOT sustainable and we are not sure if they will share the money made through asset stripping with the shareholders or it will be pocketed by them or better still reinvested back into the business in order to grow it

I am not an accountant, but I can't explain how the net asset of UPDC reduced from about N15 billion in 2018 to about N1 billion in 2019 and the business is still indebted to about N14 billion. Based on the unaudited 2019 financial report of UPDC

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5508) (5509) (5510) (5511) (5512) (5513) (5514) ... (7834) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: bammo, 1jboi and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.